I got it because of a tree Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited August 2013

Spyro said:
    Friended Misty :D Took me ages to work out favorites list in opera... they changed it and I don't know where they put it XD

should i see a message or something? iz soo complicated

oh i see. had to go into manage friends.

kewl! 2 friends! yayy. Thanks!

Post edited by Mistara on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    Rareth said:
    maybe I'll just stick with Blogger and Picasa, :) I'd share my stuff with google+ but LOL no friends/circles/groups what have you..

oh well there is always posting them on facebook

I've gotten frustrated with Google+ the past few weeks. The All stream doesn't show you everything posted by people in your circles but only certain number of posts from each circle based on weighting. This wouldn't be a problem but the streams for the individual circles - which should show all posts by people in those circles - is only showing posts that have a picture or link attached. Since the main reason I use G+ is for conversations with gaming and IT friends, many of whom don't feel the need to include a picture in every post, I'm not seeing half the stuff from people I follow. Then there's the whole stuff just disappears or older stuff gets moved to the top issues.

eh, I don't really follow anyone nor am I a part of any circles. I have facebook for that... only reason I have a google+ account is so I can post my Imagery on Blogger.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Worked it out.

:cheese:

TY Jader :)

I thought triangles weren't evil anymore. :-S

Dana

edited December 1969

is it too soon to put up christmas lights?

If you lived in the development where I live, the answer would be yes. They told me I had to take down my Christmas lights last year. I had been just leaving them up, but disconnected, because it's a pain putting them up every year. I can't believe people complained about that. I've see other people leave them up all year. Not in here, of course. I'm not going to put any up anymore. They didn't last long anyway. One, maybe two seasons, and half of them were out...in each string. :down:

Dana

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    mind you i haven't updated my DA in yonks. Need to get some art done and start posting new stuff. Its all old and needs a clean out me thinks

I haven't joined. I was going to once, but it said my username was already taken. I was upset. I'm DanaTA everywhere! I asked someone and he told me he thinks it's a girl, but doesn't know much more than that. Oh, well, I've gotten along with it this long.

Dana

edited December 1969

i just realized something. christmas happy is about chocolate santas and marshmallow snowmans, gingerman's gumdrop buttons. where is happiness without candy?

theoden: how did it come to this ...

Actually, for this one I think you missed the boat...and the point...to the holiday. Candy? No, that's not it.

Dana

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Friended Misty :D Took me ages to work out favorites list in opera... they changed it and I don't know where they put it XD

Wow, no message? Even LinkedIn sends you an email if there is a friend/network request.

Dana

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Complaint: it's Monday. Nuff said. :down:

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2013

DanaTA said:
    Spyro said:
    Worked it out.

Dana

They are evil when SubDivision is involved, unless its the the object is a circle (like the end of a cylinder). You get all kinds of nasty distortions, the same with any stray verts/edges.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Spyro said:
    mind you i haven't updated my DA in yonks. Need to get some art done and start posting new stuff. Its all old and needs a clean out me thinks

I haven't joined. I was going to once, but it said my username was already taken. I was upset. I'm DanaTA everywhere! I asked someone and he told me he thinks it's a girl, but doesn't know much more than that. Oh, well, I've gotten along with it this long.

Dana

Yeah, Its often hard to get the name Spyro anywhere. I blame "Spyro the Dragon" ;-P I was very fortunate here lol

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    DanaTA said:
    Spyro said:
    Worked it out.

Dana

They are evil when SubDivision is involved, unless its the the object is a circle (like the end of a cylinder). You get all kinds of nasty distortions, the same with any stray verts/edges.

So VanishingPoint's stuff is all ridden with troubles? I think his stuff is almost all triangles.

Dana

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    DanaTA said:
    Spyro said:
    Worked it out.

Dana

I was led to believe that it wasn't an issue anymore. I've been lied to? >:-(

Dana

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    OMG. DA wont let me access my account with a notice saying "You must update your browser before you can have access to Deviant Art" I updated my browser last week dammit

Yes, I already notified dA that they've borked their site for Opera. (Not the first time it has happened.)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Cat-sitting, day 3. I think His Highness Orcus the Cat has accepted me, as he has moved to sleep in my bed (from my mother-in-law's wooly jumper), and this morning licked my left arm and hand soaking wet with a raspy tongue.

edited December 1969

Lol, it really does depend on what your making. For an item like a Flashlight, its perfectly fine for the ends. The circular lens of the torch is fine also. This is because a flashlight is pretty much glorified cylinder. BUT I certainly couldn't have triangles in the sides of the cylinder, the results being that the subdivision, which I intend to use, will distort the mesh because it doesn't have anywhere to go, triangles for subdivision is essentially a dead end :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Man look at that I'm away for 2 weeks and there is a new thread

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:
    OMG. DA wont let me access my account with a notice saying "You must update your browser before you can have access to Deviant Art" I updated my browser last week dammit

Yes, I already notified dA that they've borked their site for Opera. (Not the first time it has happened.)

SKI!!!!!!!!!!! Heya! :)

Yeah Opera upgraded a 2nd time in a week, this time they changed the interface. Only thing I hate is they too away bookmarks, now you got to use speed dial.... I like my bookmarks list! (Favorites List as called on Internet Explorer) XD

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Man look at that I'm away for 2 weeks and there is a new thread

I was wondering where you disappeared to Frank lol!
    Welcome Back :)

edited December 1969

My mother had a house fire and lost everything and then ended up in the hospital so I went down to be with the family

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    My mother had a house fire and lost everything and then ended up in the hospital so I went down to be with the family

Oh man, Im sorry to hear that! :down: Is everything better now?

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Shopping else where. Chris Creek was a friend of mine before he left DAZ. It's been my opinion for a while Chris was the artistic heart of DAZ.

Sorry to hear that Frank0314. My parents lost everything to a house fire when I was young. Been very paranoid about it since, so we have 4 fire extinguishers in the house.

edited December 1969

Omg, thats terrible :gulp: . I hope she's ok That would be one of the most awful experiences. I am very sorry for her.

I don't have a clue what I'd do if I lost everything. Theres only so much Insurance can replace and so many things are irreplaceable.

edited December 1969

Couple of non-complaints: first, got my new phone working! It's a stupidphone (simple soapbar), tons of talk and standby time, and no microscopic keys that are impossible to read! Just a nice, plain, cell phone with modern technology. Second, I had enough $$$ left in the bank to get the RDNA Ice Goddess set while it was on sale, wheee! And finally.. going to get a CHICKEN TACO SALAD for lunch! :coolsmile:

Testing testing, testing.. I'm doing testing. Well, it least it's work, I should just shup and do it. Gives me lots of time to read and learn new things (Python and Qt). :)

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope she's OK now. It's got to be devastating to lose everything like that. I hope I never find out first hand.

Dana

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Yeah things are better now. She got out of the hospital a week and a half ago. She was dehydrated and found out she's diabetic (type 2)

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Frank0314 said:

Yeah things are better now. She got out of the hospital a week and a half ago. She was dehydrated and found out she's diabetic (type 2)

Oh, geesh, poor her! What a load of bad news all at once, a fire and then diabetic! :down: Here's hoping she's gonna be OK, I guess it's best to know about it so she can do something about it... :down:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

I want to join the new complaint thread but today I feel so lazy.

I always feel lazy, yet here I am. :)
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Should be 3 now. :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Spyro said:

Dana
    You could be The DanaTA. :)

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Frank0314 said:

Oh, geesh, poor her! What a load of bad news all at once, a fire and then diabetic! :down: Here's hoping she's gonna be OK, I guess it's best to know about it so she can do something about it... :down:

Here's a photo of the place

SAM_0296Corp.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
This discussion has been closed.