[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

N00b4Ever said:

I have another question.

Some clothes from G3F when I try to use them with G8F it won't launch the Daz auto-fit and therefore the piece of clothing just hangs in the scene and then I have to fit it to the G8F figure manually. When this happens, your tool does not recognise this piece of clothing and therefore I cannot do the conversion. Obviously, this is not an issue with your tool but with the piece of clothing itself. The question is, is there anything I can do on my side to fix this issue and make Daz recognise the piece of clothing to prompt the auot-fit? Or do I have to request the artist to fix this "bug"?

Cheers.

That is a Daz issue (not even PA issue). 

If you look at Edit->Scene Identification (on Scene pane), I bet the preferred base is not set properly.  If you set it, and then resave it (preferrably to another filename), it should be recognizable when loaded.

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

Thanks! I'll try it and share my results.

Cheers.

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

Hi RiverSoft;

So this is how far I can get:

1. I loaded the G8F base character and loaded a G3F jacket which doesn't triggers the auto-fit window.

2. When I checked the scene Id, the jacket has G3F as the preferred base.

3. I then tried with the skirt from the same outfit that does triggers the auto-fit window.

4. When I check the scene Id with the skirt, it does show G8F as the preferred base

5. I selected the jacket and manually changed the preferred base to G8F.

Here is my dumdum question, when you say resave it, do you mean the jacket? if so, how do I do that? I tried save as > supported asset > save modified assets... but it didn't work.

I've attached two images, the first showing the default parameters (Edit > Scene ID) for both the G3F Top Gun jacket and skirt from RainbowLight. And the second image when loaded into G8F and the chahbges in the Edit > Scene ID parameters. Note in the Parameters tab on the right bottom the skirt is Fitted to G8F but the Jacket is not. I reinstalled the outfit so the image has the default files. 

Any suggestions? Apologies I know I'm asking questions not related to your product, but I appreciate your help on this.

Cheers.

Auto-fit 1.png
    3105 x 1806 - 645K
    Auto-fit 2.png
    3105 x 1806 - 1M

N00b4Ever said:

Hi RiverSoft;

So this is how far I can get:

1. I loaded the G8F base character and loaded a G3F jacket which doesn't triggers the auto-fit window.

2. When I checked the scene Id, the jacket has G3F as the preferred base.

3. I then tried with the skirt from the same outfit that does triggers the auto-fit window.

4. When I check the scene Id with the skirt, it does show G8F as the preferred base

5. I selected the jacket and manually changed the preferred base to G8F.

Here is my dumdum question, when you say resave it, do you mean the jacket? if so, how do I do that? I tried save as > supported asset > save modified assets... but it didn't work.

I've attached two images, the first showing the default parameters (Edit > Scene ID) for both the G3F Top Gun jacket and skirt from RainbowLight. And the second image when loaded into G8F and the chahbges in the Edit > Scene ID parameters. Note in the Parameters tab on the right bottom the skirt is Fitted to G8F but the Jacket is not. I reinstalled the outfit so the image has the default files. 

Any suggestions? Apologies I know I'm asking questions not related to your product, but I appreciate your help on this.

Cheers.

I don't make clothing but I am pretty sure you do NOT use Save Modified Assets.  I think it would be Save Figure/Prop Asset.

• I'm trying to use the Clothing Converter on my new computer, I had success with it in the previous computer, and those converted files work fine on the new computer... On the new computer I'm using the external Hard Drive exclusively, as I don't want Daz stuff on the C drive. But doing conversions on the new computer is having issues converting. It converts the duf files just fine, but in checking the logs (provided in screenshot), I get the message can not find assets for old preset. I assume these are the dsf files, as the conversions I have that work from my old computer have converted dsf files.

The converted files that I successfully converted on the old computer work as follows: The dsf files are in E:/Daz 3D/Daz3D - Content/data

& the duf files are in E:/Daz3D/Daz3D - Content/Clothing Converter/Clothing

However, when I do conversions on the new computer the clothing converter does create duf fules in E:/Daz3D/Daz3D - Content/Clothing Converter/Clothing, but it does not create dsf files in E:/Daz 3D/Daz3D - Content/data. The lack of converted dsf files seem to be causing clothes to load as cubes. 

My asset directories for the genesis 3 clothing .duf files I wish to convert are E:/Daz3D/data/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing

and the .dsf files needed to be converted are in E:/Daz3D/data/data     (I don't think the Clothing Converter program is able to see them here, which I suspect is the can not find assets for old preset message I'm getting in the log file for Clothing Converter.)

I provided a log file, a shot of my content directory manager and the Clothing Converter setup I had. If you can help me direct Clothing Converter to be able to see the .dsf files in E:/Daz3D/data/data so it can convert those, I'd appreciate it. 

ScreenHunter 2736.png
    463 x 461 - 20K
    ScreenHunter 2737.png
    814 x 664 - 52K
    ScreenHunter 2738.png
    797 x 355 - 46K

perawind said:

I'm trying to use the Clothing Converter on my new computer, I had success with it in the previous computer, and those converted files work fine on the new computer... On the new computer I'm using the external Hard Drive exclusively, as I don't want Daz stuff on the C drive. But doing conversions on the new computer is having issues converting. It converts the duf files just fine, but in checking the logs (provided in screenshot), I get the message can not find assets for old preset. I assume these are the dsf files, as the conversions I have that work from my old computer have converted dsf files.

The converted files that I successfully converted on the old computer work as follows: The dsf files are in E:/Daz 3D/Daz3D - Content/data

& the duf files are in E:/Daz3D/Daz3D - Content/Clothing Converter/Clothing

However, when I do conversions on the new computer the clothing converter does create duf fules in E:/Daz3D/Daz3D - Content/Clothing Converter/Clothing, but it does not create dsf files in E:/Daz 3D/Daz3D - Content/data. The lack of converted dsf files seem to be causing clothes to load as cubes. 

My asset directories for the genesis 3 clothing .duf files I wish to convert are E:/Daz3D/data/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing

and the .dsf files needed to be converted are in E:/Daz3D/data/data     (I don't think the Clothing Converter program is able to see them here, which I suspect is the can not find assets for old preset message I'm getting in the log file for Clothing Converter.)

I provided a log file, a shot of my content directory manager and the Clothing Converter setup I had. If you can help me direct Clothing Converter to be able to see the .dsf files in E:/Daz3D/data/data so it can convert those, I'd appreciate it. 

The "Cannot find assets" message is for trying to find the categories for the old files (this is a DS database error). 

Based on your content manager, it should be creating the dsf files in E:/Daz3D/data as that is the first directory in the list.

• RiverSoftArt said:

The "Cannot find assets" message is for trying to find the categories for the old files (this is a DS database error). 

Based on your content manager, it should be creating the dsf files in E:/Daz3D/data as that is the first directory in the list.

I checked E:/Daz3D/data for timestamped files dated at the time of conversion, no files dated during the time I did the conversion. I highly suspect it is not creating dsf files, because I consistently get the error for dsf files not found, which means the clothing loads as cubes.

Isn't the Clothing Converter supposed to create a "clothing set for genesis 8 female" directory somewhere with the dsf files. I can't find the directory anywhere in E:/Daz3D/data. Also wouldn't this newly created directory be timestamped with a recent time and date so I could easily find it if it were there by selecting date created in explorer's menu. I can't seem to find it no matter where I look. 

ScreenHunter 2740.png
    711 x 207 - 8K

perawind said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I checked E:/Daz3D/data for timestamped files dated at the time of conversion, no files dated during the time I did the conversion. I highly suspect it is not creating dsf files, because I consistently get the error for dsf files not found, which means the clothing loads as cubes.

Isn't the Clothing Converter supposed to create a "clothing set for genesis 8 female" directory somewhere with the dsf files. I can't find the directory anywhere in E:/Daz3D/data. Also wouldn't this newly created directory be timestamped with a recent time and date so I could easily find it if it were there by selecting date created in explorer's menu. I can't seem to find it no matter where I look. 

In the dialog, you specify the location of the clothing directory for the DUF files.  Daz Studio saves the rest of the files in the usually location, under data.

Are you able to use the original, unconverted clothes on your system? 

• RiverSoftArt said

In the dialog, you specify the location of the clothing directory for the DUF files.  Daz Studio saves the rest of the files in the usually location, under data.

I test loaded a Genesis 3 figure and several of the Genesis 3 Clothes work just fine on the Gen 3 figure.

I know the exactly directory where the genesis 3 dsf files are located. It is E:/Daz3d/data/data and I believe the genesis 3 character is loading gen 3 clothes from this directory.

perawind said:

RiverSoftArt said

I test loaded a Genesis 3 figure and several of the Genesis 3 Clothes work just fine on the Gen 3 figure.

I know the exactly directory where the genesis 3 dsf files are located. It is E:/Daz3d/data/data and I believe the genesis 3 character is loading gen 3 clothes from this directory.

The lack of data files is a configuration problem with DS, and not a problem with the script as it has no control over that.  I would manually try to save your own figure/prop asset and figure out where/if Daz is putting the data.  If you can fix that, it should fix the script.

• RiverSoftArt said:

The lack of data files is a configuration problem with DS, and not a problem with the script as it has no control over that.  I would manually try to save your own figure/prop asset and figure out where/if Daz is putting the data.  If you can fix that, it should fix the script.

I troubleshooted it by changing some directories in Daz's Content Directory Manager and it converts fine now by creating the dsf files. Genesis 3 clothes are converted and load onto the Gen 8 character within loading as cubes. The configuration problem within DS was the issue. Now I just need to get smart content working again but I think I can figure that one out. 

• Thanks for the help. By the way how effective is the genesis 2 clothing to genesis 8 at converting clothes. Genesis 2 is a very old figure, I'd imagine it would be tougher to convert from that?

perawind said:

Thanks for the help. By the way how effective is the genesis 2 clothing to genesis 8 at converting clothes. Genesis 2 is a very old figure, I'd imagine it would be tougher to convert from that?

You're welcome!  I am glad you got everything working.

The G2 converters work pretty well. The process deliberately makes them loose and you often have to use the provided tighten morph to fix this but that is not a big deal.  The biggest problem is with things like big shoulder guards which will get distorted.

• Just bought this today.
    Trying to fit a pair of G3F boxing gloves to G8F.
    No matter what I do, they're up in the air above the G8F figure.

Any ideas?

• riversidebluegrassllc said:

Just bought this today.

Any ideas?

Hard to say.  You loaded the Generic G3F and G8F before running the conversion?  What does the log say?

• RiverSoftArt said:

riversidebluegrassllc said:

Just bought this today.

Any ideas?

Hard to say.  You loaded the Generic G3F and G8F before running the conversion?  What does the log say?

Huh.

Ya know what?

It does not say to load the Generic G3F and G8F before running the conversion in the directions.
    I'm gonna try that in the morning and let you know.

I'll even check the log.

Thanks!

• Greetings!
    I'm having some troubles with the clothing converter script, in the specific both the G3F to G8F and G3M to G8M

I used it in the past without many issues or effors, following the PDF guide is pretty easy to trouble shoot errors or issues.

About two month ago I did a full re-instal of Daz and painstakingly adding all my content back as well, this way I was able to free up a mega ton of space that was just being occupied for nothing.

Now today I was about to start a project and I had to covnert a cop uniform from genesis 3

I run the script, adding the directory, selecting the output folder and it does what it does: convert pants, shirt, shoes, leave out hat ( that is pretty much a prop that can be loaded) and one of those files that when you click on it, it loads the whole uniform at once.

No errors what so ever, I go to dress up my G8 Character, find the output folder, click on the shirt ... aaaaaand this happens.

data/h&c/2017 police uniform for g3m for genesis 8 male/pua shirt/166_38648.dsf
    data/h&c/2017 police uniform for g3m for genesis 8 male/pua shirt/uv sets/h&c/base/default.dsf

^^ He cannot find the dsf files and so it load that blocky grey looking stuff on the model.
    I dived into my data directory and indeed, those directories/files do not exist, but they exist in the original form, for example:
    data/h&c/2017 police uniform for g3m/pua shirt/166_38648.dsf

I did some further test, maaaaybe it was the clothing? Maybe, I don't know, a script hiccup?
    Nothing. No matter what the type of clothings, the result is the same.

Just out of curiosity I also tried the G3F to G8F, and it behave in the same way.

I'm running DazPro  4.16.03 . I don't use Connect or any other mumbo jumbo and Install the files manually every single time to make sure they are all sorted in the proper directories.

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

Hello!

This really, really sounds like a directory recognition issue. Can you send a screenshot of your libraries?

• SickleYield said:

Hello!

This really, really sounds like a directory recognition issue. Can you send a screenshot of your libraries?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D2iJIGAxcEkd95CWmpe9XNDCBF-JNyHq/view?usp=sharing

Do you mean this?
    Because it's is the same as it was before I did a format and re-instal of all my system and Daz Studio.
    Everything else works without a problem. The content library works fine as well, nothing is missing from there and all is properly displayed

I actually mean just the libraries screen from your content library.
  • SickleYield said:

I actually mean just the libraries screen from your content library.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GdqZtWiwWhWB2IvlMljYFt-QW1_8iGmR/view?usp=sharing

Is this what you are asking me?

Yes, thank you very much! Which of those is your output folder?

• SickleYield said:

Yes, thank you very much! Which of those is your output folder?

I designated a folder inside the People\Genesis 8 Female\Clothings\!Converted and  People\Genesis 8 Male\Clothings\!Converted inside the script.
    When the script is launched it creates the converted clothing as you can see from this screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nikfah9OioiP_BZOT7HFqvFZAwsG0efb/view?usp=sharing

But when you load the piece of clothing, it loads a gray box around the character. And before that Daz warns me that he cannot find certain files, that are the original genesis 3 version but they should be in cloned folder or some kind.

c:\Daz-X\content\data/h&c/2017 police uniform for g3m for genesis 8 male/pua shirt/166_38648.dsf <- This is the actual original piece of clothing being converted
    c:\Daz-X\content\data/h&c/2017 police uniform for g3m for genesis 8 male/pua shirt/uv sets/h&c/base/default.dsf <- This is what daz looks for when I use the converted piece of clothing

What I don't understand is why it doesn't create them. I used the script before and I do have those cloned folders all over the place, but for some weird reason, it doesn't make them anymore, with no clothing of the gen 3 female or male line.

Sorry for the mssive wall of text that will follow, it is the DazStudio Log of loading the piece of clothing.

2022-01-20 16:00:39.719 Prepare asset load (merge): /Content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/!Converted/Laid Back Outfit/Laid Back Top.duf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.719 Locking viewport redraw...
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.719 Viewport redraw locked.
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.760 Native format content directories: 2
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.760 Poser format content directories: 1
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.760 Other import format content directories: 0
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.760 Begin asset load (merge): /Content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/!Converted/Laid Back Outfit/Laid Back Top.duf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.763 Determining missing assets...
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.765 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.766 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.766 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.767 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.769 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.769 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.770 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.770 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.771 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.772 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.773 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.773 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.774 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.774 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.775 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.776 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.776 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.777 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.778 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.779 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.779 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.780 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.780 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.781 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.782 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.782 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.783 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.784 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.784 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.785 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.786 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.787 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.787 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/UV Sets/nikisatez/Base/default.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.787 Could not resolve: "/data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf"
    2022-01-20 16:00:39.787 Could not resolve: "/data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/UV Sets/nikisatez/Base/default.dsf"
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.426 Setting textures...
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.427 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.427 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5737): Node parent not found.
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.429 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.430 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.431 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.432 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.433 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.434 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.435 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.436 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.437 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.438 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.439 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.440 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.441 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.441 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.442 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.443 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.444 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.445 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.446 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.447 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.447 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.448 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.449 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.450 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.451 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.452 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.453 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.454 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.455 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.455 Creating node geometry...
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.455 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.456 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(2386): Geometry definition not found: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M%20for%20Genesis%208%20Male/Laid%20Back%20Top/shirt_23792.dsf#shirt.
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.456 Creating materials...
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.456 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5925): Shape for material instance not found.
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.456 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1720): Material not created: Top-1!
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.456 Resolving legacy figures...
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.456 Preparing modifiers...
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.456 Open File Failed: /data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.456 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5977): Modifier definition not found.
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.457 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1787): Modifier not prepared: SkinBinding!
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.457 Creating modifiers...
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.457 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1804): Modifier not created: SkinBinding!
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.457 Finalizing modifiers...
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.457 Sorting property groups...
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.457 Setting up follow targets...
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.457 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(2224): Failed to follow node.
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.457 Finished asset load (merge): 0m 1.697s - /Content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/!Converted/Laid Back Outfit/Laid Back Top.duf
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.607 Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.607 Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2022-01-20 16:00:41.607 Could not resolve: "/data/nikisatez/LaidBackG3M for Genesis 8 Male/Laid Back Top/shirt_23792.dsf"

I can see that it's definitely unable to find the data files for the saved conversion, for sure. I'm just trying to figure out what's causing that. I wasn't on this product, but let me talk with Riversoft Art and see if we can replicate the issue on our end.

• SickleYield said:

I can see that it's definitely unable to find the data files for the saved conversion, for sure. I'm just trying to figure out what's causing that. I wasn't on this product, but let me talk with Riversoft Art and see if we can replicate the issue on our end.

Thank you, but he directed me here in the first place because he never seen this issue in the first place himself.

He was hopeful that someone here could address the problem.

In all honest I have no idea what might cause the issue: there are no restriction on the library folder, triple checked it to be on the safe side. I re-launched the script countless times without any apparent error, but it doesn't create those darn duplicate folders for some reasons.

15:53:17 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Executing Script

15:53:17 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Selecting Preset: C:\DazX\Content\People\Genesis 3 Male\Clothing\Laid Back Outfit\Laid Back Top.duf

15:53:17 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Converting clothing from C:\DazX\Content\People\Genesis 3 Male\Clothing\Laid Back Outfit\Laid Back Top.duf to C:/DazX/Content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/!Converted/Laid Back Outfit/Laid Back Top.duf

15:53:21 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Copy Icons from C:\DazX\Content\People\Genesis 3 Male\Clothing\Laid Back Outfit\Laid Back Top.duf to C:/DazX/Content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/!Converted/Laid Back Outfit/Laid Back Top.duf

15:53:21 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Copy Categories from C:\DazX\Content\People\Genesis 3 Male\Clothing\Laid Back Outfit\Laid Back Top.duf to C:/DazX/Content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/!Converted/Laid Back Outfit/Laid Back Top.duf

15:53:21 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Cannot find assets for old preset /Content/People/Genesis 3 Male/Clothing/Laid Back Outfit/Laid Back Top.duf

15:53:23 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Execution Complete.

This is the result of the script log

I think the Content subfolder might be the problem here, and if you cut the contents of Content and paste them to DazX it might fix it. I think the data files are being written to the Content subfolder and that's why they aren't being found by the final preset.

• Alien AlloyAlien Alloy Posts: 181
    edited January 2022

SickleYield said:

I think the Content subfolder might be the problem here, and if you cut the contents of Content and paste them to DazX it might fix it. I think the data files are being written to the Content subfolder and that's why they aren't being found by the final preset.

It's something that I though, but there are no files created.

I actually went and did a search of the entire folder using the filename, bound to find the duplicate in another directory, but nothing came up.

I will still try to ofcourse chance it and give it the root, without the \content and see what is what.

Now the monumental pain in the ass by doing that is that every project I saved, cannot find the files, and I have to manually tell daz where to find it even if it's just a subfolder away.

Post edited by Alien Alloy on
  • SickleYield said:

And thank you for all the support btw :)
    Much appreciated!

Alien Alloy said:

SickleYield said:

Much appreciated!

No problem!

RiverSoft comped me a copy (we've done a lot of coproducts, but this was his own product done solo) so I could test with it, and I found a copy of the male version he'd given me before and bought the H&C Police Uniform for G3M. It worked fine. Data files were successfully written to the designated folder I used.

I'm pretty certain at this point that 1) it's not a problem with the script and 2) the problem is being caused by the way your folders are arranged. If you tell it to put files in Folder A, there cannot be anything between Folder A and data, People, Runtime. That is, Folder A/data/item works but Folder A/Content/data/item always fails. It may be failing at the stage of writing data, or of reading it, but it's still extremely likely it's a failure caused by folder structure.

• SickleYield said:

Alien Alloy said:

SickleYield said:

Much appreciated!

No problem!

RiverSoft comped me a copy (we've done a lot of coproducts, but this was his own product done solo) so I could test with it, and I found a copy of the male version he'd given me before and bought the H&C Police Uniform for G3M. It worked fine. Data files were successfully written to the designated folder I used.

I'm pretty certain at this point that 1) it's not a problem with the script and 2) the problem is being caused by the way your folders are arranged. If you tell it to put files in Folder A, there cannot be anything between Folder A and data, People, Runtime. That is, Folder A/data/item works but Folder A/Content/data/item always fails. It may be failing at the stage of writing data, or of reading it, but it's still extremely likely it's a failure caused by folder structure.

Yes, sadly that is the case.

I've been through the latest project that I've created after the re-instal and telling daz the new parth for each file he cannot find ... not looking forward this weekend :D