[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• M_Findt said:
    M_Findt said:

Hello, I use the latest Version of Daz Studio an want to use the Converter, but the alway comes an error:

I reinstalled the product already.

I loaded the standard G8F as written in you manual.

Can you help me please, thanks Michael

Can you post the Daz Log where you try to start the Clothing Converter?

Sorry for delay. 

Thanks for help

Best regards Michael

That looks like an installation/configuration error (95% sure).  First, make sure there are not multiple versions of the clothing converter G3F->G8F files lying around your hard drive.  Second, it is remotely possible that the RSCCConstants.dsa file is corrupt.  Open it in a text editor.  If neither of these are true, I would try uninstalling the connect version and installing via DIM (or manually).

• Hello thanks for the tips.
    I found out that the error only occurs when I have both converters installed:
    Clothing Converter G3F to G8F
    and
    Clothing Converter G8F to G3F

The Clothing Converter G8F to G3F does not work in connect at all, see sceenshot.

Both work via DIM.

greetings
    Michael

converter_G8F_to_G3F.JPG
    522 x 404 - 46K
  • M_Findt said:

Hello thanks for the tips.
    I found out that the error only occurs when I have both converters installed:
    Clothing Converter G3F to G8F
    and
    Clothing Converter G8F to G3F

The Clothing Converter G8F to G3F does not work in connect at all, see sceenshot.

Both work via DIM.

greetings
    Michael

Ok, it sounds like Daz did an error when they packaged the CC from G8F to G3F.  Could you report it?

• How and what do thay need for information?

greetings
    Michael

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376
    edited November 2019
    M_Findt said:

How and what do thay need for information?

greetings
    Michael

I think all they need is what you said.  That although the Clothing Converter G3F to G8F works when installed by Connect or DIM, the Clothing Converter G8F to G3F does not work when installed by Connect.

As for how, go to the support page and submit a ticket.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited November 2019

I'm guessing I'm not the only person doing this but just in case.

As I have mutiple cores (16) I've been running multiple instances of DazStudio 4.12 each running the v3 to v8 clthing converter script.

Other than memory usage all seems okay and this is reducing my overal convertion time dramatiucly.

Post edited by Mouser on
  • Mouser said:

As I have mutiple cores (16) I've been running multiple instances of DazStudio 4.12 each running the v3 to v8 clthing converter script.

Other than memory usage all seems okay and this is reducing my convertion time overal dramatiucly.

Hey that is cool!  Definitely thanks for sharing.

Mouser said:

Other than memory usage all seems okay and this is reducing my convertion time overal dramatiucly.

The only limits are the:

Number of cores in your CPUs

The avaialble Ram

Disk I/O

Mouser said:
    Mouser said:

The only limits are the:

The avaialble Ram

Disk I/O

Okay I'm running 4 instances of Daz Studio and taskmanager is showing both memory & CPU are hovering around 20% usage (good)

But the bottle neck is the Disk activity which 70% to 90% (not so good)

If you try this I recomend you keep an eye on the disk usage/activity;)

• Mouser said:
    Mouser said:
    Mouser said:

The only limits are the:

The avaialble Ram

Disk I/O

Okay I'm running 4 instances of Daz Studio and taskmanager is showing both memory & CPU are hovering around 20% usage (good)

But the bottle neck is the Disk activity which 70% to 90% (not so good)

If you try this I recomend you keep an eye on the disk usage/activity;)

Yeah, for this, I would expect the disk speed to be one of the limiting factors.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,218

My content is installed with Daz Connect. When I select a Daz Connect directory to convert, I get an error saying there is nothing to convert. The log says that there are already Daz versions (for G8F I assume) of these items. That is not true. Can you help me understand why it is failing? The script itself is installed with DIM. The output folder is a brand new Content Library created for this purpose. I have added that Content Library to the Content Directory Manager. I have attached some pertinent screenshots. Thanks.

RSSY Clothing G3F to G8F directory error.jpg
    1487 x 1238 - 230K
    Screenshot 2019-12-27 16.01.55.png
    1177 x 784 - 156K
    Screenshot 2019-12-27 16.02.37.png
    1177 x 784 - 67K

Another question: I tried selecting a file instead of a directory. The dress I chose turns out to have a button parented to it. The conversion failed, because of that button, I think. Is there a workaround for this problem, that would convert the dress and keep the parented button in place (which is at the neck)? Forced conversion failed just like the execute button.

Screenshot 2019-12-27 23.24.14.png
    1177 x 812 - 65K
    Screenshot 2019-12-27 23.24.20.png
    1177 x 812 - 68K
  • barbult said:

My content is installed with Daz Connect. When I select a Daz Connect directory to convert, I get an error saying there is nothing to convert. The log says that there are already Daz versions (for G8F I assume) of these items. That is not true. Can you help me understand why it is failing? The script itself is installed with DIM. The output folder is a brand new Content Library created for this purpose. I have added that Content Library to the Content Directory Manager. I have attached some pertinent screenshots. Thanks.

Thank you for the information.  Yes, the log there thinks the blah blah/Genesis 3 Female/blah blah/tl dress.duf exists at blah blah/Genesis 8 Female/blah blah/tl dress.duf.   I assume there isn't?  Could you post the Daz log as that gives me a lot more information? (the script log is filtered to give you what is hopefully the most pertinent info).  

• barbult said:

Another question: I tried selecting a file instead of a directory. The dress I chose turns out to have a button parented to it. The conversion failed, because of that button, I think. Is there a workaround for this problem, that would convert the dress and keep the parented button in place (which is at the neck)? Forced conversion failed just like the execute button.

You need to separate the items.  You can probably do the following process from the Mirror Geometry manual to save each item separately  (it is talking about hair, but should be the same for clothing):

"To get separate presets you need to save each item to the library separately. It is not recommended to overwrite any original asset(s), so it’s better to save them as Wearables.

First, unparent the Hairs item from the Hair Cap and parent it directly to the figure.
    You can do that by dragging and dropping in the scene tab or by right-click > Change Parent.

Make sure the figure is selected.

Go to the Content Library Tab.

If you do not have it on your screen you can find it in Window > Panes (Tabs) > Content Library.

Click the Plus button at the bottom and select Wearable(s) Preset from the list.

Enter a descriptive name and click Save.

In the following dialog check only one of the hair items
    and un-check everything else.

Click Accept.

Repeat that for the other hair item(s)."

Note that since they will be wearables you will need to uncheck "Check content types" option and add each file manually.

barbult said:

Thank you for the information.  Yes, the log there thinks the blah blah/Genesis 3 Female/blah blah/tl dress.duf exists at blah blah/Genesis 8 Female/blah blah/tl dress.duf.   I assume there isn't?  Could you post the Daz log as that gives me a lot more information? (the script log is filtered to give you what is hopefully the most pertinent info).  

Thanks for helping. I got a kick out of your blah blah! That about sums it up alright. laugh

Since I first posted, I started over and changed my output directory from "...Genesis 8/Female..." to "...Genesis 8 Female...", to be more consistent with the way the regular Content Libraries are structured. That made no difference in the performance of the script, and I didn't expect it to, but I have a compulsion for consistency. blush

I tried the conversion by directory again today, since the Daz Studio log from the first attempt had already been overwritten. I am posting the Daz Studio log excerpt from today's attempt.I also included screenshots of the folder contents and the script options, script results and script log again, since I had changed the output folder name.

Annotation 2019-12-28 160045.jpg
    1241 x 878 - 150K
    Screenshot 2019-12-28 16.01.10.png
    1177 x 902 - 162K
    Screenshot 2019-12-28 16.01.30.png
    1177 x 902 - 59K
    txt
    txt
    clothing converter directory log.txt
    Screenshot 2019-12-28 16.17.56.png
    1388 x 706 - 84K
    edited December 2019
    barbult said:

You need to separate the items.  You can probably do the following process from the Mirror Geometry manual to save each item separately  (it is talking about hair, but should be the same for clothing):

"To get separate presets you need to save each item to the library separately. It is not recommended to overwrite any original asset(s), so it’s better to save them as Wearables.

First, unparent the Hairs item from the Hair Cap and parent it directly to the figure.
    You can do that by dragging and dropping in the scene tab or by right-click > Change Parent.

If you do not have it on your screen you can find it in Window > Panes (Tabs) > Content Library.

Click the Plus button at the bottom and select Wearable(s) Preset from the list.

Click Accept.

Note that since they will be wearables you will need to uncheck "Check content types" option and add each file manually.

Thanks for those suggestions. It sounds like it should work. I suppose I would have to "reassemble" the dress with button after converting each one separately.

In the meantime, I worked out a different solution for my particular case. The original button was only parented to the G3F dress and did not move properly to follow poses on Genesis 3 anyway. I converted the dress manually with a modified version of SickleYield's DA tutorial. (I find I get better arm fit results with my manual conversion, but it is, of course, considerably more work than the script.)  Then I created a rigid follow node on the converted G8F dress where the button should go. I loaded the original G3F dress and just dragged the button from that dress onto my new G8F rigid follow node. I saved the dress and button as a Wearable Preset. Now the G8F dress loads with the button and poses properly. I used your script to select the belt and necklace files, and they converted fine. 

Annotation 2019-12-28 164050.jpg
    1089 x 650 - 139K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:
    barbult said:

Click Accept.

Thanks for those suggestions. It sounds like it should work. I suppose I would have to "reassemble" the dress with button after converting each one separately.

In the meantime, I worked out a different solution for my particular case. The original button was only parented to the G3F dress and did not move properly to follow poses on Genesis 3 anyway. I converted the dress manually with a modified version of SickleYield's DA tutorial. (I find I get better arm fit results with my manual conversion, but it is, of course, considerably more work than the script.)  Then I created a rigid follow node on the converted G8F dress where the button should go. I loaded the original G3F dress and just dragged the button from that dress onto my new G8F rigid follow node. I saved the dress and button as a Wearable Preset. Now the G8F dress loads with the button and poses properly. I used your script to select the belt and necklace files, and they converted fine. 

That's fantastic!  I am glad you got something that works for you.

I'm still looking for help with the directory issue when you are feeling better.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376
    edited December 2019
    barbult said:

I'm still looking for help with the directory issue when you are feeling better.

Oooh, sorry about that.  First, can you edit the "N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_62757/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa" in a text editor so that output_debug = true;  ?  The extra debug messages are not being written in the log.  In the meantime, you could uncheck the "Ignore Daz Files" option to add the files.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    barbult said:

Oooh, sorry about that.  First, can you edit the "N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_62757/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa" in a text editor so that output_debug = true;  ?  The extra debug messages are not being written in the log.  In the meantime, you could uncheck the "Ignore Daz Files" option to add the files.

I don't see a variable "output_debug" in that file.

• barbult said:
    barbult said:

I don't see a variable "output_debug" in that file.

You're right.  I meant the N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSCCConstants.dsa file

That file already has var output_debug = true; So the mystery deepens.

• barbult said:

Right now, I don't know if I added those debug statements after the last official release or not.  I emailed you a couple files.

barbult said:

Right now, I don't know if I added those debug statements after the last official release or not.  I emailed you a couple files.

Thanks, I replied with log files and other result info.

• I just purchased the G3F to G8F version.  The script won't start.  The error log reports this:

2020-01-01 20:43:59.581 Loading script: //PROMETHEUS/Shares/DAZ3D/My Daz 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse
    2020-01-01 20:43:59.609 DEBUG: Found: //PROMETHEUS/Shares/DAZ3D/My Daz 3D Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa
    2020-01-01 20:43:59.625 DEBUG: Found: //PROMETHEUS/Shares/DAZ3D/My Daz 3D Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSCCConstants.dsa
    2020-01-01 20:43:59.635 DEBUG: Found: //PROMETHEUS/Shares/DAZ3D/My Daz 3D Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa
    2020-01-01 20:43:59.638 WARNING: Script Error: Line 152
    2020-01-01 20:43:59.639 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sIncludeFileExt
    2020-01-01 20:43:59.641 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@//PROMETHEUS/Shares/DAZ3D/My Daz 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse:152
    2020-01-01 20:43:59.641 Error in script execution: //PROMETHEUS/Shares/DAZ3D/My Daz 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse

Suggestions? 

• Found it.  The script doesn't like network shares.  I didn't realize that the content library wasn't using the mapped drive until I went looking.

• Found it.  The script doesn't like network shares.  I didn't realize that the content library wasn't using the mapped drive until I went looking.

Oh excellent!  I am glad you figured it out.

• dougjdougj Posts: 92

I'm getting the following error when I try to run the clothing converter script:

2020-01-17 09:48:19.692 Loading script: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.698 DEBUG: Found: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/cloud/1_57641/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.700 DEBUG: Found: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/cloud/1_56469/data/riversoft art/common/rsccconstants.dsa
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.700 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.700 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.705 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/cloud/1_56469/data/riversoft art/common/rsccconstants.dsa:1
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.706 Error in script execution: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse

• dougj said:

I'm getting the following error when I try to run the clothing converter script:

2020-01-17 09:48:19.692 Loading script: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.698 DEBUG: Found: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/cloud/1_57641/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.700 DEBUG: Found: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/cloud/1_56469/data/riversoft art/common/rsccconstants.dsa
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.700 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.700 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.705 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/cloud/1_56469/data/riversoft art/common/rsccconstants.dsa:1
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.706 Error in script execution: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse

That is an installation error.  There is nothing to parse at line 1.  I would try uninstalling and reinstalling.  If that doesn't work, uninstall and then reinstall with DIM.  if THAT doesn't work, PM your email address so we can work on this.

• dougjdougj Posts: 92
    edited January 2020

Fixed. Thank you RiverSoftArt.

A search for the file "rsccconstants.dsa" revealed there were three copies on my drive. After uninstalling all of my clothing converters using DIM, one of the files was still on the drive. I manually deleted the directory containing the "rsccconstants.dsa" file. After reinstalling all of the clothing converters using DIM, everything works again.

Post edited by dougj on