[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    Haruchai said:
    Haruchai said:

After much fun and success with the G8F to G3F script (G3F is still my main base) I decided to purchase the G2F to G3F and G3F to G8F versions. After installing these two scripts whenever I load a base figure and lauch a script I get the request window below. Can't find anything in the forums or manuals relating to it and I'm not sure how to deal with it.

Any help gratefully received.

(Still fingers crossed for G1 to G3F and V4 to G3F).

This dialog is supposed to come up if you have selected presets in the Content window and launch the script as well (from the Action menu).  However, this dialog can also come up if somehow the script name has been changed (the script uses the name of the selected items to decide if a preset or the script itself was selected).  Which scripts are failing?  What are their names?  In any case, you can click ignore and nothing is added to the clothing list.

Ah, I renamed the scripts for when I added them to the custom scripts menu for ease of identification (for me). Thank you for the swift amd helpful reponse, I will just ignore the message.

Yup that would do it smiley

• Trash PandaTrash Panda Posts: 111

Hi,

I am trying to open the PDF user manual to figure out how to use the product again. When I try to open the PDF it says it is corrupted. I was wondering if that could be fixed or if someone has a non-corrupted PDF guide.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am trying to open the PDF user manual to figure out how to use the product again. When I try to open the PDF it says it is corrupted. I was wondering if that could be fixed or if someone has a non-corrupted PDF guide.

Thanks.

Strange.  Did you try re-installing?  What reader are you using?

Hi,

Thanks.

I tried reinstalling and redownloading the product with install manager. I'm using foxit reader to read the PDF. 

Hi,

Thanks.

I tried reinstalling and redownloading the product with install manager. I'm using foxit reader to read the PDF. 

Hmmm.  Well, I just went back to the DIM zip and extracted the pdf.  It works for me (attached to this post)

pdf
    pdf
    Clothing Converter User Manual.pdf
    1M

Thanks for posting the guide.

I tried to run the script but its failing to load for me. I'm getting the error in the log below:

2019-04-24 19:17:30.922 Loading script: D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_54451/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse
    2019-04-24 19:17:30.922 Failed to load script: D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_54451/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse

I've tried to reinstall the script as well. 

Thanks for posting the guide.

I tried to run the script but its failing to load for me. I'm getting the error in the log below:

2019-04-24 19:17:30.922 Loading script: D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_54451/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse
    2019-04-24 19:17:30.922 Failed to load script: D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_54451/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse

I've tried to reinstall the script as well. 

Ah, you are one of the ones where the Daz Connect installation fails for some reason.  sad  I am sorry but you are going to need to uninstall and install using DIM or manually.

Ah ok, thanks the DIM install only allows the script and the PDF to work.

I tried the script and it works. I can find the converted clothing in the content library. But I don't see the converted product in the smart content where the old genesis 3 clothing product is. Is the new converted G8 clothing item supposed to be found in the smart content of the old genesis 3 product?

Ah ok, thanks the DIM install only allows the script and the PDF to work.

I tried the script and it works. I can find the converted clothing in the content library. But I don't see the converted product in the smart content where the old genesis 3 clothing product is. Is the new converted G8 clothing item supposed to be found in the smart content of the old genesis 3 product?

No, it doesn't become part of the old product.  It *is* in Smart Content and in the same category.  It can be tricky to find sometimes though as the filter search box only matches on the name of the items, not product name.

Ah ok, that makes sense. 
    Thank you for the support =].

• I can't seem to get the G3 clothing to be converted into G8 clothing. After I selected the G3 files and click execute it says "0 clothing items" as seen in the attached image. 

Check the log.  What does it say?

08:36:52 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time): Executing Script

08:36:53 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/KillYou/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Male/Clothing/Cute3D/Leather Shoes/Leather Shoes.duf

08:36:53 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time): Converting clothing from C:/Users/KillYou/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Male/Clothing/Cute3D/Leather Shoes/Leather Shoes.duf to C:/Users/KillYou/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/Cute3D/Leather Shoes/Leather Shoes.duf

08:36:56 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time): Preset loaded multiple objects. Aborting conversion for C:/Users/KillYou/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Male/Clothing/Cute3D/Leather Shoes/Leather Shoes.duf

08:36:56 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time): Execution Cancelled.

08:36:56 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time): Execution Complete.

I can't seem to get the G3 clothing to be converted into G8 clothing. After I selected the G3 files and click execute it says "0 clothing items" as seen in the attached image. 

Check the log.  What does it say?

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

Hello. I just got this the other day, and I've had a couple of your hair converters for a while. They work really well with conversions so far. Unfortunately, the smart content links are not being copied to G8F when I am converting in the newest version of Studio. After converting, I have to go to the Content Library tab to find them. Is there a setting I'm missing or is it a DS issue? Any advice would be appreciated.

edited August 2019
    Quasar said:

Hello. I just got this the other day, and I've had a couple of your hair converters for a while. They work really well with conversions so far. Unfortunately, the smart content links are not being copied to G8F when I am converting in the newest version of Studio. After converting, I have to go to the Content Library tab to find them. Is there a setting I'm missing or is it a DS issue? Any advice would be appreciated.

My guess is that they are there.  Because the converted item is not part of a product, some of the keywords for the clothing item are not there to help and search can miss them.  In smart content, you will need to search based on exact words in the name unlike with the original.  Also, they may be in different categories than you are expecting.  Please look carefully.  If you right click the converted item in the Content Library, and select Categorize..., you can find where they are going in smart content.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 574
    Quasar said:

My guess is that they are there.  Because the converted item is not part of a product, some of the keywords for the clothing item are not there to help and search can miss them.  In smart content, you will need to search based on exact words in the name unlike with the original.  Also, they may be in different categories than you are expecting.  Please look carefully.  If you right click the converted item in the Content Library, and select Categorize..., you can find where they are going in smart content.

Thanks for the help. I found the outfit I converted in smart content. I looked under categorize in the content library and it showed me it was in "saved files>follower". The hair worked too once I worked out some faulty installation errors with DIM. I recently reinstalled all the G2 hairs, and for some reason, DIM ignored their meta data. After reinstalling them a second time with their meta data, the hairs showed up in smart content for G8 after a new conversion. Glad to have it all figured out.

edited August 2019
    Quasar said:
    Quasar said:

Thanks for the help. I found the outfit I converted in smart content. I looked under categorize in the content library and it showed me it was in "saved files>follower". The hair worked too once I worked out some faulty installation errors with DIM. I recently reinstalled all the G2 hairs, and for some reason, DIM ignored their meta data. After reinstalling them a second time with their meta data, the hairs showed up in smart content for G8 after a new conversion. Glad to have it all figured out.

Fantastic!  I am glad you figured everything out.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Well, there is certainly potentially many more conversion products you could come up with in a similar vein.

For myself, I am looking forward to the V4, Genesis, G2F character conversions to G8F, as I am sure they will be more user friendly than existing alternative methods available. :)

Well, there is certainly potentially many more conversion products you could come up with in a similar vein.

For myself, I am looking forward to the V4, Genesis, G2F character conversions to G8F, as I am sure they will be more user friendly than existing alternative methods available. :)

Hopefully I can make them.  I am concentrating right now on improving the G3->G8 conversion.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

This may not be the right venue but I got Bootleggers2 converted, fitted, and smoothed the way I want it.  This also entailed shifting G8F's foot pose a bit.  So how do I save all of this so I don't have to do it over again?  I think I might be able to handle the foot pose (save as Pose-Preset and just select her feet, right?)  But I'm new to smoothers and stuff.  I just used the Mesh settings on the Parameters tab - increased Smoothing Iterations and Collision Iterations until there was no more poke-thru. But it seems that a lot of people on YouTube think it requires a 10-15 min video to explain Smoothing Modifiers, so maybe this isn't the right way?  Hopefully, y'all can set me straight...

• I can't guarantee it, but I have found that items saved as a wearable preset for a base figure & or morphed figure seem to work pretty well. :)

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

I guess I did something wrong - I ended with a duplicate G8F in there.  Maybe hide her or remove her completely before I save?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

Hello, I stay mostly off the forums nowadays but Riversoft asked me to come have a look!

No, a Wearables preset should be the thing you want, to include the pose, the boots, and the smoothing settings.  Not sure how you would've gotten a duplicate G8 unless you maybe used a Scene Subset instead?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837

Hi, SickleYield.

Since you were here, I would like to thank very much for all of the hard work

you have put into make such amazing products together with RiverSoftArt.

Thanks to you both, some magic in Daz world is happening.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    Thank you very much. :)
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659

Hi,

Thanks.

Hmmm.  Well, I just went back to the DIM zip and extracted the pdf.  It works for me (attached to this post)

I have Clothing Converters G2M to GM8, G3M to GM8 and G3F to GM8. All three packages have the User Manual PDF for the Genesis 2 Clothing. Is the manual in this link the one we are supposed to use? (I hope so as it looks a lot shorter as it doesn't have all the stuff about Genesis 2.) If it is the right one, shouldn't it be in the Genesis 3 to 8 Converters? I use DIM. 

Edit: I reinstalled the G3M to GM8 Converter and the right manual showed up but it replaced the Genesis 2 Manual. They must have the same name. I could rename one and reinstall again but then the link inside of DS wouldn't work. 

manual cover.JPG
    604 x 705 - 96K
  • luci45 said:

Hi,

Thanks.

I have Clothing Converters G2M to GM8, G3M to GM8 and G3F to GM8. All three packages have the User Manual PDF for the Genesis 2 Clothing. Is the manual in this link the one we are supposed to use? (I hope so as it looks a lot shorter as it doesn't have all the stuff about Genesis 2.) If it is the right one, shouldn't it be in the Genesis 3 to 8 Converters? I use DIM. 

Edit: I reinstalled the G3M to GM8 Converter and the right manual showed up but it replaced the Genesis 2 Manual. They must have the same name. I could rename one and reinstall again but then the link inside of DS wouldn't work. 

Whoops, you found a package error.  The male and female products for each generation share a manual.  However, for G2F to G8F the manual is correct.  For G2M to G8M, the manual is from G3 to G8.  Attached are the two manuals.

pdf
    pdf
    RSSY Clothing Converter User Manual.pdf
    1M
    pdf
    pdf
    Clothing Converter User Manual.pdf
    1M
  • luci45 said:

Hi,

Thanks.

Whoops, you found a package error.  The male and female products for each generation share a manual.  However, for G2F to G8F the manual is correct.  For G2M to G8M, the manual is from G3 to G8.  Attached are the two manuals.

Submitted update with correct manual

• HatBHatB Posts: 77

I was pleasantly suprised last night when I stumbled on to Clicking the heading of the column to get the items that were in the same packet to group togeter so I didn't have to hunt all over the place if I wanted all the pieces of one outfit and highlight them to just do the one outfit. THANKS!

• HatB said:

I was pleasantly suprised last night when I stumbled on to Clicking the heading of the column to get the items that were in the same packet to group togeter so I didn't have to hunt all over the place if I wanted all the pieces of one outfit and highlight them to just do the one outfit. THANKS!

You're welcome.  That is not something I had to do but was automatically provided by the GUI widget I used.  I use it all the time because I like to sort by that too smiley

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    luci45 said:

Hi,

Thanks.

Good to know, thanks. Wish I'd read this before I spent time updating the links manually in the dsa files though ;)

• Haruchai said:
    luci45 said:

Hi,

Thanks.

Good to know, thanks. Wish I'd read this before I spent time updating the links manually in the dsa files though ;)

Sorry about that smiley