[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited February 2019

They should be in Smart Content->Files (the converted files are part of Local User product).

Thanks for your reply. That is where I'm looking but they aren't there. I use Smart Content all the time with a selected figure.

AliciaArmorLocation.JPG
    781 x 428 - 66K
    Post edited by dawnblade on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Is "D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" a mapped content directory in your Daz Studio Content Directory Manager?
  • barbult said:
    Is "D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" a mapped content directory in your Daz Studio Content Directory Manager?

I think @barbult may have hit on it.  Alicia shows up for me.

barbult said:

No, so that is the reason! Thanks Barbult! Before I add it though, I have "D:\My Library" mapped already, which is where files were saved to by the converter. So, do you recommend that I switch my output directory to here, or add "D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" to the Content Directory Manager?

CMSLoc.JPG
    457 x 455 - 27K
    AliciaLoc.JPG
    608 x 271 - 37K
    edited February 2019
    dawnblade said:
    barbult said:

No, so that is the reason! Thanks Barbult! Before I add it though, I have "D:\My Library" mapped already, which is where files were saved to by the converter. So, do you recommend that I switch my output directory to here, or add "D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" to the Content Directory Manager?

Edit: Wait , I'm confused. Both of the directories you posted show the contents being for Genesis 8 Female. Did you convert it twice, once to one library and then again to the other library????

I'm interpreting your words to say that you think the converter is saving the files in "D:\My Library" , but I don't think that is correct. From looking at the log information you posted, it appears that "D:\My Library"  has the original G3F garments. The converter is really saving the converted files in "D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" , as far as I can tell. 

If you have already converted a bunch of garments into "D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" , I would just add that to the Content Directory Manager. There is no problem with having multiple content libraries. Daz Studio handles it well.

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:
    dawnblade said:
    barbult said:

Edit: Wait , I'm confused. Both of the directories you posted show the contents being for Genesis 8 Female. Did you convert it twice, once to one library and then again to the other library????

I'm interpreting your words to say that you think the converter is saving the files in "D:\My Library" , but I don't think that is correct. From looking at the log information you posted, it appears that "D:\My Library"  has the original G3F garments. The converter is really saving the converted files in "D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" , as far as I can tell. 

If you have already converted a bunch of garments into "D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" , I would just add that to the Content Directory Manager. There is no problem with having multiple content libraries. Daz Studio handles it well.

Thanks @barbult (First Official Support Personnel for Clothing Converters laugh)

No, I didn't convert twice. My output directory is the one recommended in the video. I was surprised to see them later in the directory mapped in CMS.
  • dawnblade said:
    No, I didn't convert twice. My output directory is the one recommended in the video. I was surprised to see them later in the directory mapped in CMS.

So did it work?

barbult said:
    dawnblade said:
    barbult said:

Thanks @barbult (First Official Support Personnel for Clothing Converters laugh)

Which is somewhat amazing, since I don't even own the clothing converter. I pretty good at solving puzzles, though. laugh

dawnblade said:

So did it work?

Just got home. Back to you shortly! Thanks!

• barbult said:
    barbult said:
    dawnblade said:
    barbult said:

Which is somewhat amazing, since I don't even own the clothing converter. I pretty good at solving puzzles, though. laugh

LOL laugh

Success! Even found the gauntlet and belt in Accessories! So the output folder has the .duf and .png files, and the data folder under My Library (example "D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\Kool\Alicia Armor Outfit for Genesis 8 Female\Alicia Armor Belt") has the Morphs, UV sets, and .dsf files. If that is correct then I'm happy! Thank you @RiverSoftArt for such great products, and @barbult for always being so helpful! smiley

AliciaSuccess.JPG
    395 x 517 - 41K
  • dawnblade said:

Success! Even found the gauntlet and belt in Accessories! So the output folder has the .duf and .png files, and the data folder under My Library (example "D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\Kool\Alicia Armor Outfit for Genesis 8 Female\Alicia Armor Belt") has the Morphs, UV sets, and .dsf files. If that is correct then I'm happy! Thank you @RiverSoftArt for such great products, and @barbult for always being so helpful! smiley

You're welcome!  Thanks @barbult!

dawnblade said:

You're welcome!  Thanks @barbult!

I'm happy to help where I can.

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289

Since two or three uppdates ago clothes with long sleeves or gloves seems to convert a bit off, like the gloves for Eclipse Outfit. Is it an error on my side or is it a new way the script handle the conversion?

Eclipse glove.jpg
    778 x 812 - 73K
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    mats76 said:

Since two or three uppdates ago clothes with long sleeves or gloves seems to convert a bit off, like the gloves for Eclipse Outfit. Is it an error on my side or is it a new way the script handle the conversion?

I've had trouble with the gloves fitting properly also

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    Kharma said:
    mats76 said:

I've had trouble with the gloves fitting properly also

Usually I fiddle with smoothing and push modifiers to get gloves to work.

Back in September, I "improved conversion process, getting rid of most of the underarm pokethrough and shoulder padding problems"  That is the only conversion change I can think of. You can "trick" the script into using the old method if you turn OFF Use Foot Pose and Use Foot Dialog in options, select the item, and select Force Convert Footwear.   That might work (let me know if it does)

Another user suggests moving G8F to floor before doing conversion (I don't know if this works): https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4016121/#Comment_4016121

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
    edited March 2019

Although I snapped this up when it first hit the market I could not figure out how to use it.  Then I started physical therapy and was in too much pain to even think about sitting, or standing, at my desk.  Yesterday I finally decided to run the script and apparently whatever was causing me to have issues before has been patched.  I made the mistake of selecting my entire clothing library for conversion and had some issues with it locking up and running slow.  The slowness was probably due to it running on a small ssd drive.  I was very pleased to see it convert over 1000 of my 1700 items.  But I noticed some problems with some of the shoes.  I also did not know to cancel the autofit dialogue when it came up.  I think that is what caused it to lock up.  When I tried forcing it to convert the remaining items it locked up every time so I quickly abandoned that. 

I love love love opening up my smart content menu and seeing all these great g3 clothing items ready to be worn.  I only tested a few out but they seem to work great.  Except for some of the shoes, which are litterally mangled.  Today I started running the conversion for g2-g8f.  It actually seems to convert better for me.  But I digress.  Since I am opting to convert the clothing more slowly this time I decided to get in here and see if there was a solution to the shoe problem.  I read the entire thread and saw a mention of three methods for converting shoes, but I did not see a list of the three methods.  I believe I had both use foot pose and use dialogue box selected.  The ones that mangled did not pull up the dialogue box.  Any tips would be appreciated. 

Also am I to understand that I can convert my renderosity items too but that they will not show up in the smart content menu? 

One thing that would be of tremendous help to me would be to have some of the lines of text in the list of items being converted have a darker gray bar behind it.  I found searching for the items that said outfit, or even checking to se that they were the correct conforming item (g2-g8) was too eye straining for me.  Which is why I am doing one item at a time today.

Thanks so much for making such a stellar product!

Post edited by freni-kyn on
    freni-kyn said:

Although I snapped this up when it first hit the market I could not figure out how to use it.  Then I started physical therapy and was in too much pain to even think about sitting, or standing, at my desk.  Yesterday I finally decided to run the script and apparently whatever was causing me to have issues before has been patched.  I made the mistake of selecting my entire clothing library for conversion and had some issues with it locking up and running slow.  The slowness was probably due to it running on a small ssd drive.  I was very pleased to see it convert over 1000 of my 1700 items.  But I noticed some problems with some of the shoes.  I also did not know to cancel the autofit dialogue when it came up.  I think that is what caused it to lock up.  When I tried forcing it to convert the remaining items it locked up every time so I quickly abandoned that. 

I love love love opening up my smart content menu and seeing all these great g3 clothing items ready to be worn.  I only tested a few out but they seem to work great.  Except for some of the shoes, which are litterally mangled.  Today I started running the conversion for g2-g8f.  It actually seems to convert better for me.  But I digress.  Since I am opting to convert the clothing more slowly this time I decided to get in here and see if there was a solution to the shoe problem.  I read the entire thread and saw a mention of three methods for converting shoes, but I did not see a list of the three methods.  I believe I had both use foot pose and use dialogue box selected.  The ones that mangled did not pull up the dialogue box.  Any tips would be appreciated. 

Also am I to understand that I can convert my renderosity items too but that they will not show up in the smart content menu? 

One thing that would be of tremendous help to me would be to have some of the lines of text in the list of items being converted have a darker gray bar behind it.  I found searching for the items that said outfit, or even checking to se that they were the correct conforming item (g2-g8) was too eye straining for me.  Which is why I am doing one item at a time today.

You are welcome!  You are right that it can convert Rendo items.  For shoes that are wrong, you want to turn OFF the Use Foot Pose and turn ON Use Foot Dialog instead.  See this video for converting footwear:

freni-kyn said:

You are welcome!  You are right that it can convert Rendo items.  For shoes that are wrong, you want to turn OFF the Use Foot Pose and turn ON Use Foot Dialog instead.  See this video for converting footwear:

Thanks for the video link.  That was a lot of help. 

freni-kyn said:
    freni-kyn said:

Thanks for the video link.  That was a lot of help. 

I am glad it helped!  

edited March 2019

This is a screen capture of one of the ones in my g2f library that didn't work today and had to be forced.  Tiny bit of poke through on the heel but easy to fix that.  So very pleased.  I had to use the foot dialogue and turn off the use foot pose if found in order to get it to work even with the force. 

enchantress left boot.JPG
    861 x 790 - 44K
    enchantress left boot2.JPG
    852 x 803 - 39K
    Post edited by freni-kyn on
    freni-kyn said:

This is a screen capture of one of the ones in my g2f library that didn't work today and had to be forced.  Tiny bit of poke through on the heel but easy to fix that.  So very pleased.  I had to use the foot dialogue and turn off the use foot pose if found in order to get it to work even with the force. 

Awesome!  Thank you for sharing!  I am glad it worked for you.

• dstuffledstuffle Posts: 38

As of this morning, when I try to use this product (which I have used successfully before) I get the "An error occurred" pop up.

From the log file:

2019-03-19 07:55:30.760 Loading script: ...DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_54451/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse
    2019-03-19 07:55:30.760 Failed to load script: .../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_54451/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse

I checked the directory, and the file is there.  Uninstalled - reinstalled, and still get the same.

Any solution to this?

dstuffle said:

As of this morning, when I try to use this product (which I have used successfully before) I get the "An error occurred" pop up.

From the log file:

2019-03-19 07:55:30.760 Loading script: ...DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_54451/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse
    2019-03-19 07:55:30.760 Failed to load script: .../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_54451/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse

I checked the directory, and the file is there.  Uninstalled - reinstalled, and still get the same.

Any solution to this?

This is a weird error that pops up with a user from time to time.  Daz Connect will sometimes fail to properly install the script.  I am unsure how to fix the Daz Connect install.  Other users have reported success with installing using DIM or manually instead in this case.  Make sure that you uninstall with Daz Connect first and that all files are gone.

• Hopefully someone can possibly help clarify what I'm doing wrong here?

If I try to use Clothing Converter G3f To G8f[.dse], I get an error ("Error Opening File" / An Error occurred while reading the file, see log file for more details).  The log file simply says "Failed to load script d:/daz3d stuff/my daz connect library/data/cloud/1_54451/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse".

Now I'm loading from Smart Content -> Utilities -> Clothing Converter G3f to G8f -> Utilities -> Clothing Converter G3f to G8f.dse.

According to your promo video, this should be under Scripts?  Am I somehow finding the wrong file?

I can't find any other script on the system?  Could you help clarify what I'm messing up on?

All I have in that Smart Content folder is:

* Clothing Converter G3f to G8f.dse

* Clothing Converter manual.dsa

* Foot Poser.dse

Suggestions and advice are welcome.

Thanks...

Hopefully someone can possibly help clarify what I'm doing wrong here?

If I try to use Clothing Converter G3f To G8f[.dse], I get an error ("Error Opening File" / An Error occurred while reading the file, see log file for more details).  The log file simply says "Failed to load script d:/daz3d stuff/my daz connect library/data/cloud/1_54451/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse".

Now I'm loading from Smart Content -> Utilities -> Clothing Converter G3f to G8f -> Utilities -> Clothing Converter G3f to G8f.dse.

According to your promo video, this should be under Scripts?  Am I somehow finding the wrong file?

I can't find any other script on the system?  Could you help clarify what I'm messing up on?

All I have in that Smart Content folder is:

* Clothing Converter G3f to G8f.dse

* Clothing Converter manual.dsa

* Foot Poser.dse

Suggestions and advice are welcome.

Thanks...

This is a frustrating error that occurs with some users, usually because of installing from Daz Connect.  I have been unable to isolate the problem, even doing things the way that Daz recommends for Daz Connect installs.  Other users have reported success with installing using DIM or manually instead in this case.  Make sure that you uninstall with Daz Connect first and that all files are gone.  I really apologize for the inconvenience.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited April 2019

After much fun and success with the G8F to G3F script (G3F is still my main base) I decided to purchase the G2F to G3F and G3F to G8F versions. After installing these two scripts whenever I load a base figure and lauch a script I get the request window below. Can't find anything in the forums or manuals relating to it and I'm not sure how to deal with it.

Any help gratefully received.

(Still fingers crossed for G1 to G3F and V4 to G3F).

CCPresets.png
    346 x 103 - 5K
    Post edited by Haruchai on
    Haruchai said:

After much fun and success with the G8F to G3F script (G3F is still my main base) I decided to purchase the G2F to G3F and G3F to G8F versions. After installing these two scripts whenever I load a base figure and lauch a script I get the request window below. Can't find anything in the forums or manuals relating to it and I'm not sure how to deal with it.

This dialog is supposed to come up if you have selected presets in the Content window and launch the script as well (from the Action menu).  However, this dialog can also come up if somehow the script name has been changed (the script uses the name of the selected items to decide if a preset or the script itself was selected).  Which scripts are failing?  What are their names?  In any case, you can click ignore and nothing is added to the clothing list.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited April 2019
    Haruchai said:

This dialog is supposed to come up if you have selected presets in the Content window and launch the script as well (from the Action menu).  However, this dialog can also come up if somehow the script name has been changed (the script uses the name of the selected items to decide if a preset or the script itself was selected).  Which scripts are failing?  What are their names?  In any case, you can click ignore and nothing is added to the clothing list.

Ah, I renamed the scripts for when I added them to the custom scripts menu for ease of identification (for me). Thank you for the swift amd helpful reponse, I will just ignore the message.

Post edited by Haruchai on