Art of the Promo

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,406
    edited September 2023

Today's promos for Cartoon male by 3Duniverse continues on the theme of consistentcy in concept with an expression sheet that fits into traditional animation process. And the tshirt logo is very stylized and cool. Got to start selling real world versions of that t-shirt.. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited September 2023

You cannot underestimate the power of clutter and mess in your 3d scenes,  and toilet paper on the floor certainly checks off one of those boxes. 

• David RDavid R Posts: 220

I believe I've visited this restroom.  It's in a rest area on I 95.  laugh

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,766

The I-5 in California. In Oregon it is spotless.

To be fair, California was digging out of a budget crisis and cut back on 'unnecessary' jobs, so cleaning the public restrooms seemed to be one of those that took a hit.

edited September 2023

I will mention, alot of my content is inspired by road trips down through America, so I-90, i-95, I-40,  the old route 66, I-75, I have driven them all.  I do hope to get a chance to do one more, up across through Yellowstone on the way to Washingston state.

• Try the 'Top of the World Highway' from Tok in Alaska to Dawson City, Yukon. Completely life changing. Up on that highway it's possible to see for what feels like hundreds of miles sometimes to left and right at the same time, and the only human mark on the landscape is the highway. And, to top it all, you can see the memorably named settlement of 'Chicken'. That road forms a memory dug deep into my being. Regards, Regards.
    edited September 2023

Sounds like an amazing adventure. Would think going mid-summer might be the best time of year for an excursion like that. 

• sarahwaitestxsarahwaitestx Posts: 76
    edited September 2023

From today's Union Suit release.

Post edited by sarahwaitestx on
    edited September 2023

Some cartoon sweetness with these Islandgirl poses pack promos. Nice.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,766

I would like to add the poses show a respect for the periods' expectation for female behavior in that strata of society, dealing with long skirts and the promo pages show two figures where you can see the body's limbs, and see how a historical dress will fall in dForce. Something I have been begging for over the years. I bought extra Islandgirl poses along with this pack. Lovely work that respects our needs.

edited September 2023

Pirate ships in promos. Always high seas fun and excitement. 

edited September 2023

Today, we're showcasing a functional promo for the Kinetic Ground f/x volumes with a exploded view of the component parts and then an exploded view of the rendered results , as in,  an actual  visual explosion.  It is always interesting to learn how various components merge to make things look accurate in 3D artwork.

edited November 2023

Four Horsemen...

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,236

Very Very nice work!!! Sweet thread!

FirstBastion said:

Today, we're showcasing a functional promo for the Kinetic Ground f/x volumes with a exploded view of the component parts and then an exploded view of the rendered results , as in,  an actual  visual explosion.  It is always interesting to learn how various components merge to make things look accurate in 3D artwork.

Fabulous! 

• RafaelRafael Posts: 125

I like a lot this pose. It is dynamic but very natural. Also the mood of the image.

Z Secret Agent Shape and Pose Mega Set

edited November 2023

A really fun retro concept for classic 40's & 50's pinup art by PAMAWO.  Includes the set, the lights, the camera, the poses, and the expression. Add your favorite G8F.  some classic creativity in a fun series of promos. The hanging wallpaper is particularly imaginative. A blast from the past.

• Orcs running around,  wreaking havoc again causing major Medieval Village destruction.  But the Princess will resist!  

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,106
    edited December 2023
    Ahh well. One extra to add to the list of casualties in a moment or two. It's a wonderful illustration, but I do feel it illustrates a terminal case of heroism as well as the destroyed village props. Regards, Richard
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
    edited December 2023

Run, Hide, Fight!

Heroism sometimes arise from self-defence. 

The optimist might imagine the camera angle is from her archer backup's POV. Hope springs eternal. 

edited December 2023

A different kind of promo.  A christmas gift promo,  today,  for a limited time,  the product page has a countdown clock,  don't see that very often.  Yet the promo itself has a fancy green checkmark, and serves its function, With a seat, good,  and the big red X,  empty without.  An age old question answered. 

• RafaelRafael Posts: 125

The WC seat will be a meme on Daz Forums... I am seeing that comming.

---

Another promo image, with a nice pose and angle:

https://www.daz3d.com/crjf-sci-fi-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-females

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

I'm a big fan of this thread. Even when I'm looking through the store, I'm doing it with a buyer's eye and not always an art appreciator's. It's good to have someone else make me loop back and really look at things. Though this thread has made me spend money I had not planned to spend, on more than one occasion ... hmm.

Anyway, I really dug the stylized lighting and sinister mood of the promo for today's holiday free item! FPE thumbnails are frequently great. This one also has great informational promos, a common occurence with FPE.

https://www.daz3d.com/fpe-button-eyes-for-genesis-9

This Predatron thumbnail struck me as well, when I was looking through the terrain sales category. Beautiful lighting and depth of field. I've noticed this woman in a couple of Predatron's other promos -- she's well-traveled!

https://www.daz3d.com/cypress-lane

edited December 2023

Chert the Troll taking a quiet moment in a tavern, It's all fun and games,  until a misunderstanding ensues...

Gotta say, I really like that armor. 

edited December 2023

This technically isn't a promo for Norbert the Nerd, but easily could be.  This thread showcased a Norbert promo image back in Sept '22,  But this image is in the Daz Gallery by Anita Lee,  and it just caught my eye and thought it was promo worthy.  And there you go. 

Those zits look effectively correct. 

• T'is the season for  sleighs and reindeers... commercially atleast...

Cool promo,  but a little lite on the reindeer count...

edited December 2023

Technically a banner ad,  yet still a promo of sorts. The winter wonderland realism caught my eye. The snow's a coming...  soon!

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004

This pop-up promo for Arno HD made me laugh and laugh. He just looks like he's having the time of his life. Presumably before this he was making trouble at the company xmas party!

FirstBastion said:

T'is the season for  sleighs and reindeers... commercially atleast...

Cool promo,  but a little lite on the reindeer count...

Enchanting. yes 

• Canary3d said:

This pop-up promo for Arno HD made me laugh and laugh. He just looks like he's having the time of his life. Presumably before this he was making trouble at the company xmas party!

If I hadn't seen this post, I wouldn't have spotted Arno at all for a while (I've only had time to quickly skim through the DAZ store pages this month). Wow, Arno looks quite the trouble maker in all of his promos! Hahaha. Wishlisted him now. Faber should have put one of the close-ups as the main pic...

(Also Canary3d, just wanted to say in a quiet voice so as not to disrupt the thread that I LOVE your canary cams, composition helpers and manga markers. Thank you for them. heart)