Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender?

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited August 2018

And my Green Lantern......

Green Lantern - Guardian of Sector 2814-Web.jpg
    432 x 639 - 279K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    RKane_1 said:

They’re all pretty good, but this one’s my favourite. Very nicely done, you’ve captured his spirit perfectly.

— Walt Sterdanyes

wsterdan said:
    RKane_1 said:

They’re all pretty good, but this one’s my favourite. Very nicely done, you’ve captured his spirit perfectly.

— Walt Sterdanyes

Many thanks, Good sir. :)

edited September 2018

And now... SPAAAAAAAAAAACE.....GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!!

Another paint over render

Space Ghost - Web.jpg
    504 x 751 - 415K
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533
    RKane_1 said:

SPPPAACCCEEE GHHOOSSTT!!  Cool.

edited September 2018
    RKane_1 said:

Very nice! Very, very nice!

Now we need Jan, Jayce and Blip. Some of their foes would be pretty cool, too. laugh 

— Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

LOVE your Space Ghost and your Flash is really cool!  

RAMWolff said:

LOVE your Space Ghost and your Flash is really cool!  

Aaawwwwwwww shucks, Rammy. Yer gonna make me blush. :) Thank you, sir. :)

• RKane_1 said:

And another great job. You really nailed the old-school look of the Alex Toth design. Definitely one of my favorite versions of theis character that I've seen in a long time.

• RKane_1 said:

here's my Flash...

This is one of the best  color-on-color knockouts that I've seen in AGES. You added just the right amount of shadow and subtle muscle lines to define his shape in just the right places. I'm SUPER impressed.

• RKane_1 said:

Has anyone found some convincing headgear to pull off a convincing Cyborg Kitbash?

I cruised over to sharecg to see if they had anything that could help, but didn't find anything. I think you're going to have to make it yourself, unfortunately.

• RKane_1 said:

Another paint over render tribute to the ORIGINAL Captain Marvel aka Shazam!

This is really nice. Has an anime look to it.

• Gregorius said:

Superman returns!  This is what my G8M Man of Steel looks like after some texture/shader improvements to hopefully make my characters' skin and eyes look more realistic.  Constructive critique is welcome as always!

Very cool. I like that the belt has some actual depth to it. Have you considered adding a bump map (or other effect) to give the S Shield a little more depth and body? These days he's typically drawn as though it's a raised decal or separate piece. And have you considered making the trunks the same texture as the cape?

wsterdan said:
    RKane_1 said:

— Walt Sterdanyes

I've been meaning to do a Green Lantern render.  Got to get it done.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,767
    edited September 2018

More Venom from me

VenomHang1.jpg
    1440 x 1300 - 207K
    Post edited by RawArt on
    edited September 2018
    RawArt said:

More Venom from me

Noice! I was thinking of getting Parasite after seeing your stuff just to make Venom. I was thinking of mixing him with Atlas because Venom always distorts himself so much and the chest being huge may work for that look. Love the lighting in this, Spot on! :)

RKane_1 said:
    RawArt said:

More Venom from me

Noice! I was thinking of getting Parasite after seeing your stuff just to make BVenom. I was thinking of mixing him with Atlas because Venom always distorts himself so much and the chest being huge may work for that look. Love the lighting in this, SPot on! :)

Agreed, the "cloud" backdrop is especciay excellent.

-- Walt Sterdan

edited September 2018

Spiderman.... Webdeveloper. :)

Spiderman-Final-Web.jpg
    504 x 751 - 468K
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,767
    edited September 2018
    RKane_1 said:
    RawArt said:

More Venom from me

Noice! I was thinking of getting Parasite after seeing your stuff just to make BVenom. I was thinking of mixing him with Atlas because Venom always distorts himself so much and the chest being huge may work for that look. Love the lighting in this, SPot on! :)

Thank You

I tweaked him from the original shape of parasite as well, using my "Biggun" morphs to bulk him up. (and obviously tweaked his textures too)

Digging all your renders too......reminds me of action figures I would have loved as a kid

Post edited by RawArt on
    RKane_1 said:

Not bad.

tkdrobert said:

Not bad.

Thanks! :)

It's always been my dream to be "Not bad". *chuckle*

Any criticisms? (Please be gentle)  :)

edited September 2018

This is one of the most complex scenes I've EVER set up. Took a long while to render too. 

BATMAN ALWAYS WINS...

Batman Always Wins-Web.jpg
    504 x 751 - 410K

In hindsight, I should hve added a starfield behind the deathstar and should have put more light on the Terminator as he just blends into the darkness. :(

Well, looks like I will get an opportunity to put my starfield in,. The printer screwed up my order and doesn't have the normal gloss papaer I normally print on. *shrug* more time to perfect my piece :)

• RKane_1 said:

This is one of the most complex scenes I've EVER set up. Took a long while to render too. 

BATMAN ALWAYS WINS...

If you're going to make some changes, consider adjusting the text a little. I'm having a hard time reading "WINS" as it's written. Maybe make all the text just a little shorter, or increase the width of each letter in that one word so there's not so much space between the letters. All in all, a very amusing and well-crafted piece.

• RKane_1 said:

Very nicely done, but I don't love the green background color. Have you considered purple, and maybe making the spider symbol yellow or white/gray?

Just something to think about.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,849
    edited September 2018

My superman character, DAZ Studio Iray render.

Genesis 3 Male - MOS Suit - New Fists - 08 - Viveza 2.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 400K
    Post edited by nDelphi on
  • nDelphi said:

My superman character, DAZ Studio Iray render.

Very nicely done. The textures look good with this style of lighting and realism. Just a question: could you add more yellow to the gold? Just a bit of brightness in that texture would give those details just a bit more pop (if you know what I mean).

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,815

fun in Carrara smiley

RKane_1 said:

Very nicely done, but I don't love the green background color. Have you considered purple, and maybe making the spider symbol yellow or white/gray?

Just something to think about.

EXCELLENT feedback. Those are good points ! I will definitely take those into consideration. :)

This discussion has been closed.