Morph Dform

surodysurody Posts: 261
edited December 2017 in Product Suggestions

I was thinking about a tool like the Dformer but with morphs binded to it. The zone would have control which parts of the mesh would be morphed. 

Like seen in this scene:  at 38 seconds+ for a short period.

Post edited by surody on

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Sorry, but I'm not at all sure what you are asking for?

Could you describe the function you want?

• surodysurody Posts: 261
    edited December 2017

Sorry, but I'm not at all sure what you are asking for?

Could you describe the function you want?

I wrote the time period when it appears what I meant. It's like the dformer zone but instead just deforming the mesh on axis or size it blends the body with morphs. On 38 seconds+ it's shortly visible. The human face gets changed into werewolf from right to left.

Post edited by surody on
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Oh, you are talking about a Shere with falloff zones that activates the selected morph only inside the bubble. Correct?

JamesJAB said:

Oh, you are talking about a Shere with falloff zones that activates the selected morph only inside the bubble. Correct?

Exactly!

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited December 2017

@ surody

Somethink similar was asked here: A morph mask field / moving morph.

The problem is you cant link a morph to the influence field of a DFormer but you can use a workaround: the Attenuate By option / feature in the Morphloader Pro.

My idea of this "Hulk transformaiton" - Werewolf should also be possible ;) was to export and import the FullBody morph shape with Morphloader Pro and use some DFormers to define the area where the figure should be deformed by the morph.

I havent tried it yet - was just some idea of mine - you can try and tell me if its working like descriped.wink

Is something like this possible?

Yes. With the usage of Attenuate By feature in Morphloader Pro it should be possible.

Not that easy as you may have thought - but possible.

The Attenuate By feature works like a Morph Filter while importing your Morph - you can select polygonal selections like Surfaces an Face Groups or Influence Weights of a D-Former.

Remember the polygonal selection (they call it Facet Selection) and the Weight Map define the area of the Geometry where the Morph should be applied.

Will this be easy to realize? No. Do you have the skill to do it? I dont know - but I explain it anyway.

Did I have test this? No I did not - and I'm not exactly shure in every step - you have to do it by your own but I know of this Attenuate By setting.

But anyway - here are the step by step instructions - for this animated "Hulk transformaiton" how I call it:

1. create yourself a D-Former Influence Field with the figure selected then place it to the position on the figure where the transition should start

2. select the D-Former Field - go to Parameters pane and change the Fileds Influence from sphere to weightmap

3. change the tool to Node Weight Map Brush - look for "unused Maps" Influence Weights and press "Add Map" and see the Weight Map - finetune with the Brush if neccesary (maybe scale the D-Former up to see the influence in action temporary)

4. select the figure - set figure Mesh Resolution to Base - and export your "full body muscle morph" as an OBJ morph shape file

5. zero the "full body muscle morph"

6. then use the Morphloader Pro select the "full body muscle morph" OBJ file - especialy if you are also using a character morph on the figure change the import settings "Reverse Deformation" to yes (right-click)

7. Name your new Morph something like "Hulk transformaiton_1"

8. then right-click Attenuate By and choose Weight Maps > D-Former_1 > Influence Weights - then hit accept - and test your new morph

9. create a second D-Fromer_2 and place the Influence Field some way in the direction in which the "Hulk transformaiton" should go - but make shure there is some overlapping of the influence fields

10. select the D-Former_2 Fild and also change the Fileds Influence from sphere to weightmap and Add Map in Weight Map Bush tool like descriped in step 2. and 3.

11. use the Morphloader Pro select the "full body muscle morph" OBJ file - Morph name "Hulk transformaiton_2" - "Reverse Deformation" yes (this time the "Hulk transformaiton_1" is allready applied) - Attenuate By Weight Maps > D-Former_2 > Influence Weights

12. continue to work your way up the body with adding new D-Formers and create new morphs like "Hulk transformaiton_3"

13. once you have a bunch of "Hulk transformaiton" morphs you can animate them on the timeline with a few frames - the more morphs you have the more fluid the animation will look like - if you manage to set the keyframes so that the next morph in line fades in before the other morph reaches its maximum it will look even more like a fluid Hulk transistion

14. you can also create yourself a master morph slider / controller property with ERC-Freeze and the "Keyed" option (extract from timline play range) to have one single property slider for to control all "Hulk transformaiton" morphs at once

15. dont forget to save all your new morphs to the DazStudio Library with "File>Save As>Support Asset>Morph Asset" to use them with your figure in other scenes

I give no warranty that it will work like this - please test and give a comment.

Post edited by Syrus_Dante on

@ surody

The problem is you cant link a morph to the influence field of a DFormer but you can use a workaround: the Attenuate By option / feature in the Morphloader Pro.

My idea of this "Hulk transformaiton" - Werewolf should also be possible ;) was to export and import the FullBody morph shape with Morphloader Pro and use some DFormers to define the area where the figure should be deformed by the morph.

I havent tried it yet - was just some idea of mine - you can try and tell me if its working like descriped.wink

I will try it out when I'm back at home tomorrow. Thanks very much for your time. I will tell you how it works.

@ surody

I havent tried it yet - was just some idea of mine - you can try and tell me if its working like descriped.

I tried it now and it works exactly like you described. This is definitely a step forward to what I would like to have. But something like a interactive morphing sphere would be still something I would like as plugin.