Shape Splitter - Divide, Combine and Save (The new version is already available. 1.2.1)[Commercial]

Comments

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

It's released and my first impression is, that it's awesome.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

This product is amazing! There are characters where I'm like "Wow, I love that nose - I wish I just had that nose as a morph" or "Those are great legs, I wish I could just have those legs to dial into another character"...and now I CAN!!! 

This is great!!! I love it!

Here's a character made with Penny 8's torso, Victoria 8's legs, Alexandra 8's nose, and P3D Riza's mouth:

I absolutely love this product! I've been wanting something like this for a long time. :D

It seems intimidating at first, but if you follow the video on the product's store page step by step it's easy. :) And once you get your favorite characters "parts" saved as morphs you can use them on any character and in any combination you want. It's awesome! 

I love this! Thank you! heart

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,027

This is going straight into my cart!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

I had a little reservation about how well it could possibly work... and after playing with it, that reservation is gone. It works remarkably well under extremes; I've been able to separate out the cyclops face from the rest of the morph. And considering the final figure is bigger, its head is higher up, and all sorts of extremes? I am REALLY impressed.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Question. as a content creator can I use this to split my own morphs up to sell?  I am currently developing stuff for Genesis 8 Male and this would really come in handy to split up allot of my morphs into sub morphs!  Thank you!  Product looks brilliant!

• So, if I want to create such effects as a guy in a suit with the Boogeyman's head, even if Boogeyman is a full bodymorph, I could just make it so? And make a guy mutate partially, like his arm bheing that of an ugly monster while the rest is still human?

Dang. I've been dreaming of this for the last past year.

• CGI3DMCGI3DM Posts: 276
    RAMWolff said:

Question. as a content creator can I use this to split my own morphs up to sell?  I am currently developing stuff for Genesis 8 Male and this would really come in handy to split up allot of my morphs into sub morphs!  Thank you!  Product looks brilliant!

yes, in settings, you can change the name of the vendor and the product. It was always in my mind to the PA.

So, if I want to create such effects as a guy in a suit with the Boogeyman's head, even if Boogeyman is a full bodymorph, I could just make it so? And make a guy mutate partially, like his arm bheing that of an ugly monster while the rest is still human?

Dang. I've been dreaming of this for the last past year.

Yes, The design is precisely for these situations.

This product is amazing! There are characters where I'm like "Wow, I love that nose - I wish I just had that nose as a morph" or "Those are great legs, I wish I could just have those legs to dial into another character"...and now I CAN!!! 

This is great!!! I love it!

Here's a character made with Penny 8's torso, Victoria 8's legs, Alexandra 8's nose, and P3D Riza's mouth:

I absolutely love this product! I've been wanting something like this for a long time. :D

It seems intimidating at first, but if you follow the video on the product's store page step by step it's easy. :) And once you get your favorite characters "parts" saved as morphs you can use them on any character and in any combination you want. It's awesome! 

I love this! Thank you! heart

I'm happy that you like the product.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Is there a PDF or anything other than the video on the product page as instructions? Because I can't figure out how to use this thing. The video isn't really helping me much.

Laurie

Geminii23 said:

Whoah.  This looks really awesome.  It looks like doing a really good Two-Face morph would be easy with this.  But does it allow for more than just splitting morphs across different sides of the figure?  For instance, I would love to know how to create a Popeye type morph with the big forearms and large chin as well as the mouth slanted off to one side.  And I would love to know how to morph a chin all rippled or scarred similar to Thanos.

Really looking forward to seeing what people come up with using this product.  Added it to my wishlist for now.

The main design of the tool is only divide a morph that you already have, do not create new morphs.

Although you can scale your arms, legs or head. Also by weight maps, you could make interesting effects, but the product would not be designed for that.

But, with the base morphs of the figure you could increase only the arms (BodyBuilder). And with the weight maps, selecting the chin and increasing the scale could generate something similar to popeye.

The more morphs you have, the more effects you can perform.

AllenArt said:

Is there a PDF or anything other than the video on the product page as instructions? Because I can't figure out how to use this thing. The video isn't really helping me much.

Laurie

There is the Quick Help File button (PDF) in the script window,
    But what doubts do you have?

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

This looks awesome, some of the parts of the video look like it could be easy aside from the dog head part looks like it could be complicated

edited May 2018

Bought it, followed the video for the Ollie nose, when I get back home I’m gonna try figuring out how to apply a morph to half the face :). I also want to see if it’s possibel to load Ollie and subtract the nose morph to give him a normal looking nose 

Post edited by Dkgoose on
    dkgoose said:

Bought it, followed the video for the Ollie nose, when I get back home I’m gonna try figuring out how to apply a morph to half the face :). I also want to see if it’s possibel to load Ollie and subtract the nose morph to give him a normal looking nose 

If possible, any doubt do not hesitate to publish it. Select "Remaining" in the preview.

For what it's worth, I believe there's already an 'Ollie Short Nose' morph included in Ollie.

Oh, good to know, thanks, I haven’t really used him much yet, as with a lot of content so wasn’t aware of that :/ lol

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I think I've figured it out now.

Laurie

The position adjustment thing is awesome, particularly with extreme morphs. I wonder if it'd be possible to add some sort of scaling element, too, maybe if you ever do a version 2? :)

Figured out how to do the split face morphs but need to get use to the the geometry editor

Oso3D said:

The position adjustment thing is awesome, particularly with extreme morphs. I wonder if it'd be possible to add some sort of scaling element, too, maybe if you ever do a version 2? :)

Below the translation/Position XYZ(button Calculate), there is the Scale.
    Have you tried it? or do you mean Scale XYZ?

dkgoose said:

Figured out how to do the split face morphs but need to get use to the the geometry editor

To cut in half, the easiest method is Cutting Plane - Create Plane Vertical

Ooooh, I see, I was using that as a guide then trying to select the half of the face with the geometry editor and lol

Doh! I missed scale, silly me, thanks!

• FWIWFWIW Posts: 320

Congratulations! I am so glad you finally got it into the store :) I am starting saving right now so I can snag it the minute I can. 

FWIW said:

Congratulations! I am so glad you finally got it into the store :) I am starting saving right now so I can snag it the minute I can. 

thanks

When trying to do a split morph I add the vertical cutting plane and then choose the morph but it seems to be applying it to the entire face :/

edited May 2018
    dkgoose said:

When trying to do a split morph I add the vertical cutting plane and then choose the morph but it seems to be applying it to the entire face :/

It may be due to smoothing, you can try to decrease it (5 %-40% aprox.).
    Also moved the plane slightly(left or right), to generate my promo main.

The 10 cm smoothing is too much for the face.

Post edited by CGI3DM on

For adapting the cyclops head, I found it useful to go by materials for face/lips/eyes (and assorted bits), mouth stuff.

Worked like a charm, though had to adjust Y a little.

edited May 2018

Thanks, having too much fun with this, lol 1st pic is Ollie with the base nose, and the second pic the head is half Edie and half Cat

BB462B29-F86C-4E8D-B704-CA2959D5C9B9.png
    800 x 1000 - 925K
    08313C80-0588-4462-933A-8911CEE6C8E6.png
    800 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Dkgoose on