GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

I mean no morph transferred by GenX should have limits that are outside of the limits set in the options. At least not if the limits are forced, otherwise the dials should not become difficult to use anyway.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602
    edited December 1969

...when I transferred Thorne's "Tommi" character morphs to Genesis, the sliders had a range of 0.0 - 100.0. Just a small nudge on the slider gave some rather "startling" if not "frightening" results. I had to manually reset the scale from 0.0 to 1.0 (where 0.0 was "off and 1.0 was "on") to get it to work right and then save that as an Asset.

edited December 1969

I mean the limits in the options as marked in the image. What are your settings there?

genx_limits.jpg
    514 x 117 - 7K
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

I'm eagerly waiting for the release, I'm hoping the update and addon won't be to much higher than $30 on its release, but I'm getting them regardless. Interested in what the other new addon are going to be as well.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...when I transferred Thorne's "Tommi" character morphs to Genesis, the sliders had a range of 0.0 - 100.0. Just a small nudge on the slider gave some rather "startling" if not "frightening" results. I had to manually reset the scale from 0.0 to 1.0 (where 0.0 was "off and 1.0 was "on") to get it to work right and then save that as an Asset.

Interesting I have never touched the limits settings in GenX when porting over morphs, I have done a lot of transfers with little problem there may have been a couple but not many. I think it was Peach and Lauren and Bella Donna that gave me trouble as well as some of the Thorne ones).

I have done RM Heather S4, RM Willow S4, a fair few of Sabby / Seven's characters and lots more in other words lots, the main thing with Willow and Heather even though they are for S4 I would dial in just Vicky 4 as I had some interesting and weird things happen if I dialed in the S4 shape..

I think maybe because I let Studio load in all the morphs when I set up with Vicky 4..

edited December 1969

I mean the limits in the options as marked in the image. What are your settings there?

...I usually just use the default. So if I set the minimum to "0" and maximum to "1" that should give me the "on/off" range I need, correct?
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited December 1969

Regarding the deinstallation of the older version; That's just pull out everything (except our older conversions, which are in a different folder anyway) right? Both the original plugin *and* the various target files, (gen 4 & gen 3 target clone bases)? Or just the plugin itself?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid: Right. But there may be morphs with limits set to a larger range than 0 to 1 for good reason, so I would not force this in the options. Rather, use the "selected morphs (with properties)" tranfer mode, where you can set the limits explicitly.

JOdel: Only the plugin must be uninstalled. The old add-ons are no longer used, so they can be uninstalled as well. Nothing else needs to be uninstalled, in particular no third party products. If you don't have uninstallers, at least delete the "d3dGenX.dll" (Windows) or "d3dGenX.dylib" (Mac) in the plugins folder.

Also, it might be reasonable to transfer morphs again to benifit from improvements in GenX2.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited December 1969

Oh, I rather expect to do that. I pretty much intend to transfer all the standard human character morphs to G2. The anthropomorphic ones maybe not, but I'll certainly try them out.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited December 1969

GenX 2, GenX 2,
    We’ve been waiting,
    Where R you?
    DAZ has the files,
    But you’re not yet here,
    Have they lost U?
    It would appear,
    That ‘cause it’s March,
    They’ve all gone mad,
    Leaving us 2-less,
    And feeling sad.
    Poor G2-F,
    And G2-M,
    Can’t have X yet,
    So pity them.
    In the meantime,
    Genesis we’ll render,
    (But get a move on DAZ,
    Or we’ll switch to Blender!)

• JuliKJuliK Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Still nothing? It's almost becoming a legend. lol
    Seriously ... we're already in March .. Daz!
    DAZ!!

Oh well...For those who have waited months, a few more days will not kill ... but still ...>:(

I have a little question:
    Before installing the new Genx2 , where I delete the morphs I transfer with Genx? I know I've deleted it before but can´t remember. :red:

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    edited December 1969

I would think DAZ would want it released ASAP, as it will increase spending on new items since it will add considerable versatility to genesis 1 and genesis 2 figures. So the sooner we get it the sooner many more of us will partake in the march madness sales.

edited December 1969

Alfinin said:
    Before installing the new Genx2 , where I delete the morphs I transfer with Genx? I know I've deleted it before but can´t remember.

There are two options to delete morphs transferred by GenX:
    1. You use the "Morphs" tab in GenX. There, you can disable or delete morphs.
    2. You use your file manager and go to your DS content library folder. The morphs created by GenX are located in the folder:
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/D3D Gen X/

It is not necessary to delete morphs before installing GenX2. But in some cases, transferring the morphs again will yield better results.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited December 1969

I would think DAZ would want it released ASAP, as it will increase spending on new items since it will add considerable versatility to genesis 1 and genesis 2 figures. So the sooner we get it the sooner many more of us will partake in the march madness sales.

Unfortunately, GenX2 will also convert all that product at other sites into G2 as well, so it's probably a wash in terms of added sales in that respect. What it does do, however, is make G2-F & M more appealing to people who haven't converted yet, especially since the G2s apparently work better in Poser than G1 for a lot of folks. That's a good thing for DAZ as long as Smith Micro keeps turning out included characters like Rex & Roxie that no one ever supports.
  • JuliKJuliK Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Alfinin said:
    Before installing the new Genx2 , where I delete the morphs I transfer with Genx? I know I've deleted it before but can´t remember.

There are two options to delete morphs transferred by GenX:
    1. You use the "Morphs" tab in GenX. There, you can disable or delete morphs.
    2. You use your file manager and go to your DS content library folder. The morphs created by GenX are located in the folder:
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/D3D Gen X/

It is not necessary to delete morphs before installing GenX2. But in some cases, transferring the morphs again will yield better results.

Ok! Thank you for the quick reply, Dimension3D!! :)

• CMKook-24601CMKook-24601 Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

still no word on when?

• pearbearpearbear Posts: 227
    edited December 1969

I've been finding this seemingly artificial waiting time, coupled with not knowing when I will be able to buy the thing to be seriously frustrating. This is a very desirable and anticipated product which would be useful to our productivity, except it is being withheld from us for an unknown time apparently for marketing reasons.

This whole thing is generating a lot of unnecessary feelings of resentment in me towards DAZ, and the way they do business, and I doubt I'm the only customer who feels this way. If they have a timeline they're keeping, I can appreciate that. It's the tease of "Any day now, maybe tomorrow." but days later still nothing, and no concrete date of delivery or official word that frustrates me.

I've been checking on the marketplace for the release every day for at least three weeks or so. Patience has worn thin, and I'm tired of the daily disappointment. I'm gonna hold off on visiting DAZ's store for a week. When I check in on March 12, if the product still isn't available I'll figure they're waiting till after March Madness for a release and so will hold off on revisiting the store until April.

• stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

pearbear said:
    I've been finding this seemingly artificial waiting time, coupled with not knowing when I will be able to buy the thing to be seriously frustrating. This is a very desirable and anticipated product which would be useful to our productivity, except it is being withheld from us for an unknown time apparently for marketing reasons.

This whole thing is generating a lot of unnecessary feelings of resentment in me towards DAZ, and the way they do business, and I doubt I'm the only customer who feels this way. If they have a timeline they're keeping, I can appreciate that. It's the tease of "Any day now, maybe tomorrow." but days later still nothing, and no concrete date of delivery or official word that frustrates me.

I've been checking on the marketplace for the release every day for at least three weeks or so. Patience has worn thin, and I'm tired of the daily disappointment. I'm gonna hold off on visiting DAZ's store for a week. When I check in on March 12, if the product still isn't available I'll figure they're waiting till after March Madness for a release and so will hold off on revisiting the store until April.

I'm with you on this, I won't be purchasing any item until it's release however, I understand that because this is a plugin the approval process will require a longer wait do to Q and A as it is not like regular content.

As far as whether its because of marketing that's up in the air, I mean, if it is a money maker I'm sure Daz would want that irregardless of March madness because it would be a high volume seller in any case. I'm sure your not alone in your assumption and others are waiting also.

Hopefully my speculation isn't that far off the mark.

edited March 2014

I really understand that the long waiting time for the release of GenX2 starts looking strange. But for sure, this was not planned at all, no-one has an interest to hold back the new version or to create expectations that are not hold. Things just don't go as smooth as expected sometimes. So please be patient, all I can say is what I already said, things are making progress and the day of release is coming closer. But I can't announce an explicite release date, when it is not yet set for sure.

Post edited by Dimension3D on
  • pearbearpearbear Posts: 227
    edited December 1969

Thanks D3D, I appreciate you weighing in. The impression that I got by following this thread, which could very well be way off the mark, was that the product is good to go, and just waiting on DAZ's whim to release it.

edited December 1969

I can under stand that programming something for the Daz Downloader takes time... but how hard is it to put in a zip file for manual Download?

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I’ve been finding this seemingly artificial waiting time

They don't call it a que for nothing. Every day multiple products are submitted and then run through the whole process before any of them get to a point where they can be looked at for release times. Even during "slow" times this is the case. Now imagine the ramp up for March Madness based on the volume of products that have been released every day combined with the push to get as many of them in early as possible so they will be submitted in a timely manner. My guess is that there are at least 40 products cued up for March Madness already and that is low balling my estimate. I understand your frustration, you should see how antsie PA's get waiting for a specific release, but that doesn't change the number of people in line or when the product was able to get in that line by finishing running its gauntlet.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    I’ve been finding this seemingly artificial waiting time

They don't call it a que for nothing. Every day multiple products are submitted and then run through the whole process before any of them get to a point where they can be looked at for release times. Even during "slow" times this is the case. Now imagine the ramp up for March Madness based on the volume of products that have been released every day combined with the push to get as many of them in early as possible so they will be submitted in a timely manner. My guess is that there are at least 40 products cued up for March Madness already and that is low balling my estimate. I understand your frustration, you should see how antsie PA's get waiting for a specific release, but that doesn't change the number of people in line or when the product was able to get in that line by finishing running its gauntlet.

Yes, all of this, and D3D also hinted earlier that a release of a new version of DS may have caused a few issues, requiring some fixes and sending GenX2 back through the QA and scheduling processes again.

(Yes, I'm waiting eagerly along with the rest of you!)

edited December 1969

...for some of us this can be a good thing as it gives time to scrape up the cash when you are on an extremely tight budget. This may be the only March Madness purchase I make this year.

My 'plaint is that the forum reminder bots seem to go on recess more than congress does.

edited March 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...for some of us this can be a good thing as it gives time to scrape up the cash when you are on an extremely tight budget. This may be the only March Madness purchase I make this year.

My 'plaint is that the forum reminder bots seem to go on recess more than congress does.

it can also be be bad if you don't have much money and are trying to hold aside enough for it, but also want to get some stuff from the March madness, so even a price point would be good.

I am also gald I bought Gen X when I did, at the time D3D said the new one would be out "in a few days" that was a month ago >.<</p>

Post edited by CMKook-24601 on
  • StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Ho hum. Just holding y place in line :-)

• Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited December 1969

Read carefully....

I could go on here and tell you of all the bad experiences with MM.......but I wont.....change some newbies mind. I'll simply say depite thier marketing I will only buy what I need, and right now that's functionality with utilities, software and plugins. Offer me these at a reasonable price and I'm game. But don't go sending me a Desk full of your junk as a in a surprise package reward if I buy every Item in March just because I'm different and want to make my own set of junk with D3D's Utilities. I have bought quite a few and never got Junk from a desk from him....lol. The only thing I will buy is Daz Studio when it comes out so it will be free to me at a later date. I never saw D3D's plugins become free. I guess that's due to quality and not drawing in new. Just business !

I Love Daz

I buy software, Plugs and Base figures.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Quick update on the Status of GenX2. It will be released on Tuesday March 11th, 2014.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

AWESOME! So is that 2014 or ?? HEHEHE

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    Quick update on the Status of GenX2. It will be released on Tuesday March 11th, 2014.

YAHOOO !! Finally a release date :-) Thanks Jared!