The "Complaints 'R' Us, complaint thread"

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,840

I am less than a dollar short of getting an Easter adult coloring book from Amazon.  Guess it was not meant to be.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,281
    edited March 2018

I decided that I am not going to breed my guppies.  However I do not know how to communicate in Guppy to say no more breeding.

I tell you, it's the food, stop putting food in there and the baby guppies will stop appearing.   And those that are already in there will float to the top for easy removal.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,116
    kyoto kid said:

...with chilly wet weather on the way for the next couple days bones and joints have been aching something fierce.  At least the threat of white stuff fro the sky has been taken out for Saturday, (now low 50s and partly sunny), but the next two days will be reverting back to January like weather.  Actually laid down for a while it was so bad.  Ran out of ibuprofen but got a coupon for a free bottle of aspirin at the nearby market which will help in a pinch.

So this is what, the fourth nor'easter?  Yeah, don't think I could hack living there with my bones and joints. Bad enough where I am and weather transitions here are more gradual.

Looks like we won't be getting quite as much as we thought.  It didn't start sticking to the cars until around 6:30 pm or so.  And now they say it will be out of here by 6:00 am!  I'll be out there clearing Diane's car out so she can go to work.  And I'll probably be able to bring mom to her doctor appointment.  I don't want any more snow...but I was told that we may get more this weekend.  angry

Dana

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,958

I decided that I am not going to breed my guppies.  However I do not know how to communicate in Guppy to say no more breeding.

I tell you, it's the food, stop putting food in there and the baby guppies will stop appearing.   And those that are already in there will float to the top for easy removal.devil

ewwwww not good LG ............guppycide

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

I almost bought a smartphone for $5.  I noticed that the operating system is four or five years old.  Some modern apps won't run on an old operating system.  Plus, it might be too slow for me.  I'm glad that I read the description before I bought the phone.

that sounds lot better than 999.99 for iphonex

sky still dumping snowmageddon snow.

slight problem that would kill all my fish.  I have to feed them all or none.

edited March 2018

you could release them into the wild. a pond nearby?  i think, guppies turn into frogs at some point.

yoo sure they guppies, not frankenfish?  bad things hapoen when you release frankenfish into the wild.

Post edited by Mistara on
    Mistara said:

you could release them into the wild. a pond nearby?  i think, guppies turn into frogs at some point.

yoo sure they guppies, not frankenfish?  bad things hapoen when you release frankenfish into the wild.

guppies do not turn into frogs, that is tadpoles that turn into frogs.

Mistara said:

guppies do not turn into frogs, that is tadpoles that turn into frogs.

oh. guppies and tadpoles different things?

guppies turn into seamonkies?

i want a snack but i brushed my teeth already

stares longingly at hot cicia oacket wid mini marshmallows

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    kyoto kid said:

...with chilly wet weather on the way for the next couple days bones and joints have been aching something fierce.  At least the threat of white stuff fro the sky has been taken out for Saturday, (now low 50s and partly sunny), but the next two days will be reverting back to January like weather.  Actually laid down for a while it was so bad.  Ran out of ibuprofen but got a coupon for a free bottle of aspirin at the nearby market which will help in a pinch.

So this is what, the fourth nor'easter?  Yeah, don't think I could hack living there with my bones and joints. Bad enough where I am and weather transitions here are more gradual.

Is world meteorological day today, someone has a lot to answer for :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Meteorological_day

I almost bought a smartphone for $5.  I noticed that the operating system is four or five years old.  Some modern apps won't run on an old operating system.  Plus, it might be too slow for me.  I'm glad that I read the description before I bought the phone.

Wow that is cheap tho, and emails should work :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,688
    edited March 2018
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

Is world meteorological day today, someone has a lot to answer for :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Meteorological_day

...one of the best occupations around, can flub up 60 - 70% of the time on the forecast and still keep one's job.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    Mistara said:

Making a peanut  marinade for steaks, mouth watering but have to wait for a day or so while it works peanut magic ;)

NVIATWAS said:
    Gogger said:

grumble-grumble mumble-mumble.

It's a great day to grumble
    And to wobble and bumble
    Over steps you may stumble
    But always stay humble
    Just try not to fumble!!!

Hehe bravo :)

Why are cut flowers so expensive?  I got a $25 coupon for FTD and it looks like I cannot afford anything still.

NVIATWAS said:

It's time for COLD PIZZA AND DIET PEPSI!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Later on, will break out the wodka and diet Coke whilst watching cooking shows. Good times!

Pizza took an hour to get delivered last night then we had to oven cook some slices for a while to get heat back. I guess that’s a complaint :)

Why are cut flowers so expensive?  I got a $25 coupon for FTD and it looks like I cannot afford anything still.

Long stemmed roses are difficult to grow :)

ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:

Making a peanut  marinade for steaks, mouth watering but have to wait for a day or so while it works peanut magic ;)

...about to make a batch of beef teriyaki in a bit. Need to head to the market down the street for a couple things first.

Still love how easy it is to get around in this neighbourhood.

ps1borg said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Later on, will break out the wodka and diet Coke whilst watching cooking shows. Good times!

Pizza took an hour to get delivered last night then we had to oven cook some slices for a while to get heat back. I guess that’s a complaint :)

...I would have just saved those slices for brekkie, nothing better (except maybe bacon wrapped in bacon in a bowl made of bacon)

edited March 2018

still snowmagedding.  spposed to stop 6ish in the am,

winter storm Toby

Post edited by Mistara on

We got a little bit of snow that accumulated on the cars, but the street was always just wet.  It's been raining for three hours.  It might change back to snow, but we won't be getting what they predicted last night.  Non-complaint!

Dana

NVIATWAS said:

Glad you and Ann have stayed safe from that mad bomber!

Dana

I just woke up from a nightmare that I had to save my mum's computer from maleware and it was quickly spreading and I had to find a way to either install malwarebytes or other malware remvoing software. glad it was just a nightmare and I could wake up from it.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Maleware? Is that like bad boxer shorts? cheeky

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,281
    edited March 2018

It's like a $25 gift card to Red Lobster.  It almost covers one dinner without tip.  It helps, but you still have to dig into your own pocket.

It's like your parents giving you a car without wheels.  Thanks mom & dad but I think you're hinting that I should get a job and move out.

It's like needing a plane ticket from NYC to Los Angeles and being gifted one from NYC to Bakersfield, CA.

All close, but no cigar. frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Maleware? Is that like bad boxer shorts? cheeky

I meant malware or a bad computer virus?  Told someone about my dream and she said I spent too much time on the computer.  Uggghhh!

It's like a $25 gift card to Red Lobster.  It almost covers one dinner without tip.  It helps, but you still have to dig into your own pocket.

It's like your parents giving you a car without wheels.  Thanks mom & dad but I think you're hinting that I should get a job and move out.

It's like needing a plane ticket from NYC to Los Angeles and being gifted one from NYC to Bakersfield, CA.

All close, but no cigar. frown

True.  I have a year to use it.  I am thinking of sending my mum flowers on my birthday as a thank you gift or close to my birthday as it is on a Sunday this year.

it was a crazy commute this morning. only 2 of us on the bus the whole trip

and it was still snowing. 

lookin at the security cameras, looks like it stopped snowing.

so many people out today, my odds of finding a sleigh ride home are hopelessly dim.
    I'm remembering words today, the anti sugar pill must be doing something to help my brain function. blush
    i should write a chapter todaysmiley

and, moneyyyy (in mr crabbs voice) no not lotto, there's a raise in my next paycheq.  25 cents an hour. that's 7.50 a week, before taxes.  i'm not sneezing at it.  i'm happy with it.  and for sugar and sodium reasons, i've cut my starbucks tab down to 1nce a week. 

could cut the negativity around my work place with a knife.

if i wasn't happy with my raise right now, i'd complain  lol

the plesant people to work with are all out, no one here but us duds.

the 2 winjers have clicked, now it's a vortex of winj seriously effecting my workflow

This discussion has been closed.