The "Complaints 'R' Us, complaint thread"

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    NVIATWAS said:

Over the last six decades I've had a "Flutofone", a violin, a flute, a Hammond B2 organ, a spinet piano, an acoustic guitar, a Yamaha upright piano, a Knabe 8' grand piano, and a Technics 88-key electric piano.  All gone now. crying  I could play them all to some degree except the violin.  Gave up after about a month.  To paraphrase Nancy Sinatra: "These hands ain't made for fiddlin'" surprise

I found violin terribly hard to learn.  I gave up after two weeks of torturing the neighbors, pets, random birds, and innocent passers-by with my horrid screechings.  If it doesn't have frets, keep it away from me! :-/

...I actually picked it up fairly quick, but again I also credit he instructor.  I only kept with it for a year as I wanted to get a basic hands on feel for the major instrument types employed in an orchestra.  She was disappointed and urged me to continue.  Maybe I should have as my left hand is still pretty much nimble and the right just has to hold the bow.

NVIATWAS said:

Another sunny day, 58f headed to about 74f.  Going to be in the mid-80fs later this week and next week, here comes the Texas heat!

I need to move somewhere colder when I retire.  All I need is a nice room, a bed, kitchen access and a high-speed Internet connection!

Going to send out for pizza and chicken wings today, that's about 3 days of food, then it's a grocery trip to get chicken to bbq!! :-)

...sunny and 62° on tap here for today, then a progressive downhill slide back into the 40s by the end of the week and a chance of that white stuff from the sky (nonononono, it's officially spring  tomorrow)

...windows complaint.

So yesterday evening when I opened Task Manager to track useage while rendering a scene, all I got was the main window that showed what programmes were running with no tabs to check processes or performance. Did a restart, that didn't work, did a full shutdown and start up, and that didn't work.  Not sure what happened as on the Administrator login it works the way it is supposed to, just not my user one. I didn't change any preference settings that would have caused this either.  Not sure how to fix it.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

SNOWMAGEDDON!!!

run to the supermarket and stock up ...

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Over the last six decades I've had a "Flutofone", a violin, a flute, a Hammond B2 organ, a spinet piano, an acoustic guitar, a Yamaha upright piano, a Knabe 8' grand piano, and a Technics 88-key electric piano.  All gone now. crying  I could play them all to some degree except the violin.  Gave up after about a month.  To paraphrase Nancy Sinatra: "These hands ain't made for fiddlin'" surprise

I found violin terribly hard to learn.  I gave up after two weeks of torturing the neighbors, pets, random birds, and innocent passers-by with my horrid screechings.  If it doesn't have frets, keep it away from me! :-/

...I actually picked it up fairly quick, but again I also credit he instructor.  I only kept with it for a year as I wanted to get a basic hands on feel for the major instrument types employed in an orchestra.  She was disappointed and urged me to continue.  Maybe I should have as my left hand is still pretty much nimble and the right just has to hold the bow.

That's cool!! I'm almost totally self taught, I've had one year of classical piano and six months of guitar, I'm vert much of the punk asthetic - "play what you feel".  I know a modest amount of music theory, but I learned mostly by making mistakes. :-/ Like with my cooking, I eat/listen to my mistakes.  Makes me work harder not to <expletive deleted> up.

I'm not saying don't learn theory, or sight-reading, when I  did it upped my game.  But when you're a young dude with a guitar you tend not to listen...

I learned guitar to get chicks.  Then once I started playing, I forgot about chicks.. no offense ladies... :-P

...the college I went to had a text rental system, very economical, and you could buy the books if you wanted them at a reduced cost. I picked up both the first and second year theory books as well as third year counterpoint.  Worked through the two theory books in less than a term on my own and was getting into the counterpoint one by the second. Thus in the major I tended to skip class (save for exams and exercises) because I already knew and worked on the subject material.  Completed all the homework assignments, exams, and exercises with very high marks but my final grade got dinged on attendance.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,757

Somebody keeps putting baby fish into my tank.  It is a mystery on how they got there.  I would ask the guppies but they are too busy flirting with each other.

I suspect they somehow came in with the food.  There must be something in the tank that turns fish food into baby fishes.  It's a miracle!

Maybe it is the guppy food.  That is it.  I feed them guppy food and baby fish appear.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

Complaint: I'm hungry now .

Non-complaint : I just put my loaded corn bread in the oven ,it's got a can of corn  half a chopped onion ,mushrooms and chopped chicken breast ,so when it's done it'll be a meal in a slice ,just add some hot sauce and dive in .....but I want it NOW ....

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,101
    NVIATWAS said:

Tried a violin once.  Went into the popular music store downtown Fall River (Hall's Music).  Gone now.  One day I said to the owner, I'd like to try violin, just to see if I can make a sound.  He rosined up a bow and said there you go.  It didn't sound like alley cats fighting.  I actually got musical notes out of it.  had no money at the time, so it was just a novelty.  I was in high school at the time.  

And yes, though not a master, I've played all of those instruments to some degree.  Started on drums when I was a sophomore in high school.

In the late 80s, I was going to an Assembly of God church.  The pastor's wife was the music director.  She had a choral group that sang to backing tracks.  A good family friend sang in that group.  They wanted to do this tune by Andre Crouch, but couldn't find the backing track anywhere.  The guy who ran the sound system for the church had a 4-trak recorder, so I volunteered to record it.  I went in a couple of weekends on a Saturday and played the guitar, drums, bass, keyboards.  It was fun!  It came out pretty good, too.  I was happy.  They were happy.  They used it the next Sunday.  Sadly, I never got a copy of it, though.

Dana

Mistara said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

what i learned at dayjob today,

this song is all the rage with toddlers smiley

it's terribly catchy

I just projectile vomited out the window. :-| Thankfully, the window is open! :-O

yeah but the 3yo lil girls dancing the baby shark dance outside your window werent safe devil

no one dancing the mac eray nah no moars

Good!

Dana

edited March 2018

Charo said 'oochie coochie'

or coochie coochie

Dean is smoking?  

Sammy was part of the rat pack?
    why were they called the 'rat' pack?

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,757

My iray renders seem to grainy and blurry.

edited March 2018

there are iray render presets in the daz defaults zip.  mebbe 1 of those helps.  prolly render a lot longer

Default Resources for DAZ Studio 4.9+
    under this page   
    https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/#prod_13176

Post edited by Mistara on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

My eyes are grainy and blurry and tired. That is my complaint nao :0

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Another sunny day, 58f headed to about 74f.  Going to be in the mid-80fs later this week and next week, here comes the Texas heat!

I need to move somewhere colder when I retire.  All I need is a nice room, a bed, kitchen access and a high-speed Internet connection!

Going to send out for pizza and chicken wings today, that's about 3 days of food, then it's a grocery trip to get chicken to bbq!! :-)

...sunny and 62° on tap here for today, then a progressive downhill slide back into the 40s by the end of the week and a chance of that white stuff from the sky (nonononono, it's officially spring  tomorrow)

Happy equinox ! Big winds here fanning fires, has been quite a torrid week but somehow today is calm, quiet :)

NVIATWAS said:

Could listen to country fiddlin’ all day :)

So hungry would trade body parts for pizza right now complaint ;0

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,211

Lots of Non-complaint tonight: 

• Tomorrow is payday! Yea!
    • Today was Tuesday and I was able to do all my normal Tuesday uptown chores.
    • Weather is freezing at night, thawing during day, for the next 8 days, no precipitation means I may do some local participation.  Yea!
    • Freeze/thaw weather is good for maple syrup industry around here.
    • My computers all working again today.
    • Driveway is navigable.
    • It's springtime!

...yes yes

suffolk county cancelled bus service today.  yayeah

time to start winter storm luau party  

hula hula

ps1borg said:

kyoto kid said:

...the college I went to had a text rental system, very economical, and you could buy the books if you wanted them at a reduced cost. I picked up both the first and second year theory books as well as third year counterpoint.  Worked through the two theory books in less than a term on my own and was getting into the counterpoint one by the second. Thus in the major I tended to skip class (save for exams and exercises) because I already knew and worked on the subject material.  Completed all the homework assignments, exams, and exercises with very high marks but my final grade got dinged on attendance.

Ugh on getting dinged.  Cool on teaching yourself theory!!!!

DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Tried a violin once.  Went into the popular music store downtown Fall River (Hall's Music).  Gone now.  One day I said to the owner, I'd like to try violin, just to see if I can make a sound.  He rosined up a bow and said there you go.  It didn't sound like alley cats fighting.  I actually got musical notes out of it.  had no money at the time, so it was just a novelty.  I was in high school at the time.  

And yes, though not a master, I've played all of those instruments to some degree.  Started on drums when I was a sophomore in high school.

In the late 80s, I was going to an Assembly of God church.  The pastor's wife was the music director.  She had a choral group that sang to backing tracks.  A good family friend sang in that group.  They wanted to do this tune by Andre Crouch, but couldn't find the backing track anywhere.  The guy who ran the sound system for the church had a 4-trak recorder, so I volunteered to record it.  I went in a couple of weekends on a Saturday and played the guitar, drums, bass, keyboards.  It was fun!  It came out pretty good, too.  I was happy.  They were happy.  They used it the next Sunday.  Sadly, I never got a copy of it, though.

Dana

Very cool! I've played guitar, bass, keys, and trombone.. that's it.  I can't drum to save my life. My second gf was a killer drummer and she tried to teach me, gave up after a month. I program drums in my sequencer or license drum loops. :-|

ps1borg said:

My eyes are grainy and blurry and tired. That is my complaint nao :0

I feel your pain, brother! :-(

Nor'Easter on its way...again.  It postponed itself to early this evening for a start, or at least that's when it will start accumulating.  Still expecting about 6" at least.  Could be more in my area.  38f right now.  This means that it will be the heavy, wet, snow...rather than the fluffy powder that's easy to push around.  frown

Dana

ps1borg said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Could listen to country fiddlin’ all day :)

Austin has a boatload of excellent fiddle players! Any night of the week you can find fiddlin' to listen to. :-)

ps1borg said:

Too bad we don't have transporter tech or I'd send you some of mine... :-/

Lots of Non-complaint tonight: 

• Tomorrow is payday! Yea!
    • Today was Tuesday and I was able to do all my normal Tuesday uptown chores.
    • Weather is freezing at night, thawing during day, for the next 8 days, no precipitation means I may do some local participation.  Yea!
    • Freeze/thaw weather is good for maple syrup industry around here.
    • My computers all working again today.
    • Driveway is navigable.
    • It's springtime!

It's raining non-complaints!!! :-)

Mistara said:

suffolk county cancelled bus service today.  yayeah

time to start winter storm luau party  

hula hula

"Hula in the snow" sounds like a song...!

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    Mistara said:

Sammy was part of the rat pack?
    why were they called the 'rat' pack?

You can read all about "The Rat Pack" here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_Pack

This discussion has been closed.