The "Complaints 'R' Us, complaint thread"

Comments

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242

Next time you have turkey or chicken, know this: YOU ARE NEXT!!!!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,589
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

...I'm lucky to hit 20 wpm, and that's on a good day when I use a lot of my CBD lotion.

When my fingers act up, which is slowly but surely more often, then I get to that 20wpm mark and lower.  Sucks to be us. :-/

Non-sucky thing: giant chicken drumstick slow cooking in Texas spicy bbq sauce!  Should be done in an hour and a half, I turn and add more bbq sauce every 30 minutes.  Going to serve it on a warm flour tortlla.  If this works, I forsee more giant drumsticks in my future!

....mmmmm sounds tasty.  Just watch out for those giant roosters, they're killers.

Finished up the rest of a batch of teriyaki chicken breast I made the other night a little while ago, served over sticky rice (a pain to clean the pot up after) wok veggies in my special stir fry elixir, and a tokkuri of properly heated sake.

NVIATWAS said:

...as funny as the second one was it was hard to watch because of all the annoying popups on the screen. 

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

...I'm lucky to hit 20 wpm, and that's on a good day when I use a lot of my CBD lotion.

When my fingers act up, which is slowly but surely more often, then I get to that 20wpm mark and lower.  Sucks to be us. :-/

Non-sucky thing: giant chicken drumstick slow cooking in Texas spicy bbq sauce!  Should be done in an hour and a half, I turn and add more bbq sauce every 30 minutes.  Going to serve it on a warm flour tortlla.  If this works, I forsee more giant drumsticks in my future!

....mmmmm sounds tasty.  Just watch out for those giant roosters, they're killers.

Finished up the rest of a batch of teriyaki chicken breast I made the other night a little while ago, served over sticky rice (a pain to clean the pot up after) wok veggies in my special stir fry elixir, and a tokkuri of properly heated sake.

That sounds darn tasty!  Maybe I'll get some skinless chicken thighs and try to teriyaki something.

BBQ was perfect, meat fell off the bone right into a warmed flour tortilla.  Next time will cook 2 drumsticks, that seems about meal size.

Air fryer goodness.. never lacking for fresh, hot tortilla chips!  I got a pack of 80 (!!) corn tortillas for just under two bucks.. 4 minutes at about 276\5 makes them crispy and hot, just break off a piece from the now-crispy whole tortilla and eat!  Great dipped in a mix of refried beans, mild salsa, and lemon juice.  It's actually cheaper than a bag of tortilla chups and they're never stale.  Next grocery trip - guac dip!

5:38am.. finally bedtime.  Alarm set for 9:30am, need to get up and post more stuff to sell.  At least I found my backpack so the next shopping trip will be easier on the trip home.. and there's room in the pack for BEER!! If I'm going out, I'm going out fat and happy! :-)

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

...as funny as the second one was it was hard to watch because of all the annoying popups on the screen. 

Yeah, and it was the best one I could find.  Hmmm...

Ostriches don't lke cameras: 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    Mistara said:

what do you think of the curved monitors?

I could make a case for using one in the ultrawide (21 x 9) aspect ratio.
    I have a 29" ultrawide monitor. It's flat. Because of its width, you get perspective distortions at the sides. You also get to see the workings of the LCD panel, because your viewing angle at the edges is shallow, and so all the different layers that make up the panel become very evident. Unless you continually move your viewing position around. With a curved panel, those distortions go away.

If I had the money, I would replace my 29" flat monitor with a 34" ultrawide curved. (but since I only paid £40 for this screen second-hand, I can't really complain!)

If you're looking at TVs though, the opposite is true - you sit far enough away that the curved screen adds more distortion than it removes.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,186
    edited February 2018
    DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:

How about a curved keyboard?  Do they make them?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perixx-PERIBOARD-512-Ergonomic-Split-Keyboard/dp/B0763LFQ6X

Microsoft do omne as well, but it is a lot mor expensive.  I have been using this one for about 4 years now

option if yoo haz poor vision,

i use this 1

DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:

Misty MiGoo

Anyone in IT would do themselves a favor and learn touch typing.  No need to see the letters after that.  It's not difficult.  You can get something like Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing.  It starts out slow, and adds more to the lessons as you progress.  And there are little games that help you use what you've learned.  There was another one called Typing Tutor.  I learned on the DOS version of that.  I already was speedy by the time I took my first class at the college.  And I was no youngster when I started.  I went to community college starting in 1991.  I graduated from high school in 1971.

Dana

Typing by muscle memory is the way to go! yes  My  mother gave me a book and said "You're going to learn to type!"  I do OK without looking except for the function keys, the numbers and the  special characters above them.   Complicating this is the fact that I have also been typing in Russian lately and sometimes I get confused!  frown

But it doesn't bother me because even the best pianists glance at the keyboard now and then.  And their keys are all in the same place on every piano. surprise

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • k410 said:

Just bought a new stereo receiver which has a very clean signal -- so clean that no sound comes out of it at all, not even static.  Bleh.

Did you ever resolve your silent receiver problem?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,186
    edited February 2018

Complaint:  The ground had finally become visible again almost everywhere and now it's snowing again. frown

Why is it that the snow looks so much more interesting and anticipated in November than it does in February? indecision  Are our memories that fickle?

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Rain 4 days of it ahead.  

w02.22.JPG
    724 x 343 - 37K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,717

I cannot afford the Edward pro bundle right now.

Mistara said:

I have a 29" ultrawide monitor. It's flat. Because of its width, you get perspective distortions at the sides. You also get to see the workings of the LCD panel, because your viewing angle at the edges is shallow, and so all the different layers that make up the panel become very evident. Unless you continually move your viewing position around. With a curved panel, those distortions go away.

If I had the money, I would replace my 29" flat monitor with a 34" ultrawide curved. (but since I only paid £40 for this screen second-hand, I can't really complain!)

If you're looking at TVs though, the opposite is true - you sit far enough away that the curved screen adds more distortion than it removes.

Thanks smiley  

doh i got a bigger prob than monitor.  the new ups battery backup i got for the 8-core is rated for 430.  my power supply is 450.  don't think a 430 will give me time for a proper power down.  

Complaint:  The ground had finally become visible again almost everywhere and now it's snowing again. frown

Why is it that the snow looks so much more interesting and anticipated in November than it does in February? indecision  Are our memories that fickle?

It's easy! During the hot season you tend to either forget about FROZEN WATER FROM HE SKY or look forward to it because it's cooling.  Then Winter rolls around and it's kind of a novelty.  But after a while you get tired of it and remember why you dislike FROZEN WATER FROM THE SKY, it'll take another hot season to reset you. :-/

Morning and 38f today.  Overcast and grim, not a day to go out unless forced to.  In theory cold and rain on/off until Monday, but as usual I have no faith in the forecast. Urgh, Not my idea of a good time!

I think I'll bbq for a late lunch again, it turned out so well last time and I still have two drumsticks thawed.  Still have plenty of flour tortillas as well as corn ones, 2 cans of refried beans, and a still unopened bottle of 'plenty hot' Tapatio Mexican hot sauce. 

One person coming over to look at some computer stuff, an older gent (well, older than me!) born in 1948.  Going to be odd to speak to a duder older than I am, wow. :-O

Show someone you care today! Bite them in the face! :-)

woes, wet bus stop.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,019
    Mistara said:

woes, wet bus stop.

• Tjohn said:
    Mistara said:

woes, wet bus stop.

Good song.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,090

Judging by the way the idiots drive in the first few snows of the season, I'd have to say yes.   frown

Dana

I haven't been able to afford any pro bundles for a couple of years!   sad

Dana

NVIATWAS said:

It's easy! During the hot season you tend to either forget about FROZEN WATER FROM HE SKY or look forward to it because it's cooling.  Then Winter rolls around and it's kind of a novelty.  But after a while you get tired of it and remember why you dislike FROZEN WATER FROM THE SKY, it'll take another hot season to reset you. :-/

I liked the snow when I was a kid.  As I grew older, I liked it less every year.  For many years now, I have not found it a novelty, or a desired thing.  I like the warm weather.  There's no slipping and falling on a dry, hot, driveway...and no cars are sliding toward you on the dry roadtop.  I also dislike being cold.  I like the snow in the mountains of New Hampshire.  We used to go up for a long weekend every year, when I had money.  One of the things we liked was going up the tram to the summit of Cannon Mt.  Then we'd hike up to the observation tower at the peak.  We'd have to watch out for skiiers when we crossed the ski path.  But the view was amazing!  You can see into Canada, and you can see Mt. Washington from there.  It used to be hidded, but they rebuilt the observation deck and made it higher.  I noticed it the first time when I saw the smoke of the Cog Railway, which goes up Mt. Washington to the peak.  With my binoculars I confirmed that it was the Cog Railway I was seeing.  In the summer, we go up Mt. Washington sometimes.  But we take the coaches.  They are specially outfitted vans with oversized radiators, special brakes and transmissions.  No wear and tear on you own car.  The only downside is you only have a half hour at the top, then your coach heads back down.  But over the years I've seen so many cars on the side of the Auto Road, radiators blown, brakes overheated because they don't take the advice of the workers at the bottom to use low gear on their transmission.  I've seen idiots pouring a bucket of water on their brakes to cool them.

Anyway, I always say...I'd rather sweat than freeze!

Dana

• I was born up here (extreme western NY) but left when I was 17 to go to college in Florida.  Spent 18 years in Florida, then 18 years in Washington DC, then 6 years in Florida again.  So, I sort of lost my winterproof shell by being away for so long.  Now, having retired back up here to the land of snow and cold (don't get me started on why) I find that I tend to hibernate in the winter.  My car only moves when it has to and when the roads are black and free of ice.  When necessary I will (grudgingly) shovel 3 feet of snow from the top of my car as long as the landlord has plowed the driveway.  I will (even more grudgingly) chip a half inch of ice from my car provided that the driveway is plowed and is not glazed with wet ice, and the roads are black.  These brief periods of time come infrequently.  It's not unusual for me to not even open my front door for 10 days or two weeks at a time.  I will, if absolutely necessary bundle up and walk to the grocery store to buy enough necessities to survive but I've found that I can ration my food usage severely if necessary. Doing so does wonders for my attempts to lose weight.   But running out of food is not fun, so I try to make sure I am fully stocked all winter even if I have to use "future money" to buy enough groceries when the weather is cooperating.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Hot, tired, and making mistakes. That I my complaint nao :(

Mistara said:

Mistara said:

Thanks smiley  

doh i got a bigger prob than monitor.  the new ups battery backup i got for the 8-core is rated for 430.  my power supply is 450.  don't think a 430 will give me time for a proper power down.  

Would think that <. 5% won’t make a difference but than my brain seems a little heat affected today - should be easy to test tho ;)

NVIATWAS said:

Morning and 38f today.  Overcast and grim, not a day to go out unless forced to.  In theory cold and rain on/off until Monday, but as usual I have no faith in the forecast. Urgh, Not my idea of a good time!

I think I'll bbq for a late lunch again, it turned out so well last time and I still have two drumsticks thawed.  Still have plenty of flour tortillas as well as corn ones, 2 cans of refried beans, and a still unopened bottle of 'plenty hot' Tapatio Mexican hot sauce. 

One person coming over to look at some computer stuff, an older gent (well, older than me!) born in 1948.  Going to be odd to speak to a duder older than I am, wow. :-O

Sunburned country has been doing its thing here this week ;)

DanaTA said:

I haven't been able to afford any pro bundles for a couple of years!   sad

Dana

I could have afforded it if I did not get the new computer but then I would not really be able to use it unless I got a new computer I guess.

edited February 2018
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

That sounds darn tasty!  Maybe I'll get some skinless chicken thighs and try to teriyaki something.

BBQ was perfect, meat fell off the bone right into a warmed flour tortilla.  Next time will cook 2 drumsticks, that seems about meal size.

Air fryer goodness.. never lacking for fresh, hot tortilla chips!  I got a pack of 80 (!!) corn tortillas for just under two bucks.. 4 minutes at about 276\5 makes them crispy and hot, just break off a piece from the now-crispy whole tortilla and eat!  Great dipped in a mix of refried beans, mild salsa, and lemon juice.  It's actually cheaper than a bag of tortilla chups and they're never stale.  Next grocery trip - guac dip!

5:38am.. finally bedtime.  Alarm set for 9:30am, need to get up and post more stuff to sell.  At least I found my backpack so the next shopping trip will be easier on the trip home.. and there's room in the pack for BEER!! If I'm going out, I'm going out fat and happy! :-)

...I need to get me one of those air fryers the more you mention about what it can be used for the more I want one.

Being able to have fries with my burgers and grilled cheezies without the oily mess and make my own crisps would save a lot (and I make a killer  batch of three layered nachos that are a meal unto themselves).

Which one do you have?

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Complaint time

1) the kitchen fire alarm is way too sensitive as it thinks there is a fire but it is only dinner being cooked.

2) went to bath and body works to get my favorite body wash and the wallflower refills.  Came home and went to put it in the bathroom to find out I got the wrong scent.  It was not my favorite scent after all.

3) I am tired but at least the fire alarm turned off finally.

4) I did not get a chance to shower this morning but I will shower after I finish this cream frappe 

non complaints

1) tax return came this morning so I could get a new computer.

2) my new notebook has 16 GB of ram and a TB hdd.  Slight complaint add on no nvidia graphics card, but has most of the features I want including ability to fit in budget.

3) I got a new wallet that fits better in my purse.  I got it from Clair’s which had buy three get three free sale.  Got a purple little bunny with that deal too.

4) my new kindle e reader is going to be here tomorrow.  I am trying that instead of a fire tablet because I just want to read books instead of playing games that just want my money.  

5) might be able to do an online school for animation degree which might get me a tablet if I can figure out the finance side.

6) I am happy.  Basically in a good mood. Today went well

7) I feel like taking a walk since the weather is so good.  Spring is here I think.

image.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    image.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Yeah, and it was the best one I could find.  Hmmm...

Ostriches don't lke cameras: 

...or screen popups. 

They are making it harder to get rid of them as well as I'm seeing more and more these days that don't have the little "x" close button (like the one on the ostrich video), so you just have to leave it in the way or you end up opening that video. 

There was a great video of a Vulcan bomber performing low passes over a bay, that about a minute in, had a pop up with no way to close it which plopped itself right where the plane was in the camera's view.  Every time I have to deal with this, I downvote the video.

...guess this qualifies the post as a bonafide 'plaint.

DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:

How about a curved keyboard?  Do they make them?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perixx-PERIBOARD-512-Ergonomic-Split-Keyboard/dp/B0763LFQ6X

Microsoft do omne as well, but it is a lot mor expensive.  I have been using this one for about 4 years now

option if yoo haz poor vision,

i use this 1

DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:

Misty MiGoo

Anyone in IT would do themselves a favor and learn touch typing.  No need to see the letters after that.  It's not difficult.  You can get something like Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing.  It starts out slow, and adds more to the lessons as you progress.  And there are little games that help you use what you've learned.  There was another one called Typing Tutor.  I learned on the DOS version of that.  I already was speedy by the time I took my first class at the college.  And I was no youngster when I started.  I went to community college starting in 1991.  I graduated from high school in 1971.

Dana

Typing by muscle memory is the way to go! yes  My  mother gave me a book and said "You're going to learn to type!"  I do OK without looking except for the function keys, the numbers and the  special characters above them.   Complicating this is the fact that I have also been typing in Russian lately and sometimes I get confused!  frown

But it doesn't bother me because even the best pianists glance at the keyboard now and then.  And their keys are all in the same place on every piano. surprise

...I tend to admire great organists as they also have a 32 note pedal board along with the draw stops to manage during a performance.  There you really need to perform by muscle memory and feel as looking that far down and away from the score can be a major distraction (I wore  dance shoes with thin leather soles an a slightly pointed toe which were slippery as heck to walk around on a hard floor in but perfect for the pedals).  One person I knew would play her recitals in socks, I tried it, but having a shoe with a heel puts less stress on the ankles.

Now this fellow...yeah .

This discussion has been closed.