The "Complaints 'R' Us, complaint thread"

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627
    edited February 2018
    DanaTA said:

I cannot afford the Edward pro bundle right now.

I haven't been able to afford any pro bundles for a couple of years!   sad

Dana

...the last one I purchased was the Young Teens 5 one as it actually had decent characters and no fantasy/skimpwear.  I only ended up with the M5/V5 ones because they were bundled with Carrara 8.5 Pro.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,766

My new shirt is on its way it looks like https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074NGD8P9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

For some reason that will arrive Tuesday but my kindle will arrive tomorrow and they both have the same shipping speed.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Tjohn said:
    Mistara said:

woes, wet bus stop.

Good song.

people share umbrellas in the nowadays?

dreaded dr appt was today.  pulse in my feet was good sign. antibiotics cost me 67 bucks ouch
    sending me to cardiologist, woes with circulation.

on the bright side, he giving me letter to get the handicap card, can call the axxessoride bus 
    oh the places we will go

DanaTA said:

Anyway, I always say...I'd rather sweat than freeze!

Dana

...I'm with you on that.  These old bones and joints no like the cold and damp. My thin blood and circulation issues make the cold even worse. even the upper 60s to the 70s still feel chilly to me and I don't "thaw out" until it reaches around 80°. 

So what am I doing here in the Pacific Northwet?  Well, after almost 40 years kinda grew roots here. In spite of the weather so far this new year and the cost of housing, I like having decent transit (some routes are going to 24 hour service later this year), walkable neighbourhoods, better choices for food shopping (last thing I want is the only reachable food market being a Walmart or one of those "discount" markets where you have to buy in big quantity to get any savings and quality is "questionable"), a cosmopolitan feel (even though Portland is a smaller city), an active art, music, and literary culture, and of course, decent brews of just cheap swill.

Also the areas that some feel would be good for me have serious drawbacks that turn me off even more like like icky poisonous crawly things, or extreme heat (both in the desert SW), or being too expensive (Hawai'i, Austin, California), lack of decent transit (desert SW, Southern seaboard, Southern California), being too humid (anywhere in the deep south), or a les than agreeable "social" outlook (anywhere in the deep south, most of Texas [save for Austin]).  Yeah no place is perfect, but some are still better than others.

Here it is usually just the rain, and anything resembling "real" winter is at most 2 - 3 weeks long. By early to mid June summer usually arrives and doesn't end until about the first week of October. This year however has been different (these last several days, our high temperatures we've been experiencing are usually the normal lows for this time of year, we've been like 16° to 20° below average).  and being this cold and snowy less than a week before March, is somewhat unprecedented. In previous years by this time we not only had daffodils blooming but tulips and other flowers coming up.  Last year I saw my first flutterby only a few days from now.  Hoping that this is just one of those "odd" years and things get back to normal

edemame is a veggie, edema not a veggie

easter bunnies vegetaruan.

hobbits eat bunnies .

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    Mistara said:

dreaded dr appt was today.  pulse in my feet was good sign. antibiotics cost me 67 bucks ouch

on the bright side, he giving me letter to get the handicap card, can call the axxessoride bus 
    oh the places we will go

67 bucks, ouch!!! Must be some fancy stuff there. :-|

Circulation in feet is important.  Keeps you from ending up like me.  Circulation woes are no bueno.

The handicapped card thing is good!  Take advantage of it, I know folks here with handicapped passes and it seriously helps them.

Hang in there!!!! :-)

I was born in Florida, grew up in Texas and California.  I've hated FROZEN WATER FROM THE SKY for as far back as memory goes.  My parent tried to take me sledding, hated it.  Tated playing in snow and to gell with making snowmen or snow angels!  Ice skating was OK because the frozen stuff was confined to a small area and didn't fly up in your face unless you went down, plus the snack bar had killer hot cocoa.

I'm a snake, snakes like warm weather, I need to hibernate during the Winter. :-|

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,103
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

oh the places we will go

My guess is she has little to no insurance coverage.

Snowed tonight.  Mixed with sleet.  Seems it didn't stick to the roads, though.  Diane made it home safely...non-complaint.

Dana

DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

oh the places we will go

Snowed tonight.  Mixed with sleet.  Seems it didn't stick to the roads, though.  Diane made it home safely...non-complaint.

Dana

Home safe is best!!

Scattered rain here.. I heard thunder all of two times in the past 17 hours.  Lame. :-/

2 drumsticks bbq'ing in the air fryer.  Been cooking for 3 hours so far, one more hour.  Need more chicken and bbq sauce now.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Freezing overnight, but starting to warm up now. Still wearing 3 jumpers under my dressing gown though. Earliest I can get a plumber to fix the heating is Monday . . .

Gonna go to the cinema this arvo cos it's free and warm. Don't really care what's on! (Fifty Sheds Free looks interesting, although I'm not much into DIY . . . . ) cool

the sun will come out tomorrow , 

or Monday rather, rain predicted all weekend..  inch worm measuring the marigolds, ... or was it daffodyls

DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

oh the places we will go

Dana

deductibles >.<  

sleet mix, >.< 

This year will be like April’s Fools day!  It is Easter!  Wait it is actually Easter no joke about it!  On April 1 2018 that is.

Mistara said:

or Monday rather, rain predicted all weekend..  inch worm measuring the marigolds, ... or was it daffodyls

Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, come what may...

Mistara said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

oh the places we will go

Dana

deductibles >.<  

sleet mix, >.< 

I'm a big rapper and my name is PETE

I'm gonna drop a mix and I call it SLEET

I start it off with some preety cold RAIN

Then it turns to ice and it causes PAIN

The roads fill up with slidin' CARS

Smashing each other then slamming into BARS

Add a little salt it'll turn to MUSH

Then lose your car in freezing SLUSSssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

*boomboom a-chak, boomboom-a-chak)

Ooooh, looks like it might just be cloudy all day and not rain!  If no rain by Noon, I'm going to suit up and head to the boozatorium and get me some potato wodka and diet Coke for the weekend.  Have to treat myself on occasion while I clean all my affairs up.

Some thunderstorms tomorrow, partly cloudy Sunday and sunny Monday, which means grocery shopping Monday.  Going to fill my backpack with basics for a couple of weeks, including baked beans for beans and franks and some butermilk biscuits.  Hopefully this time I won't end up needing a ton of aspirin after the trip... :-|

feels like dayjob didnt pay the heating bill.  brr brrrr  chille wiilly

radio station awesome today.
    black hole suuuun

Work time is here again.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,032

Sunny here presently. 

TEA break.  today is ... green tea pomagranate - hot

Mistara said:

...ugh still only in the 30s (36° which is 1° below the normal low temperature for this time of year) and that will probably be our high for the day.  more frozen white from the sky forecast for tonight.  A scorcher tomorrow, 48° under partly sunny skies.  Break out the Hawai'ian shirts and sunscreen.

NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

oh the places we will go

Dana

deductibles >.<  

sleet mix, >.< 

I'm a big rapper and my name is PETE

I'm gonna drop a mix and I call it SLEET

I start it off with some preety cold RAIN

Then it turns to ice and it causes PAIN

The roads fill up with slidin' CARS

Smashing each other then slamming into BARS

Add a little salt it'll turn to MUSH

Then lose your car in freezing SLUSSssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

*boomboom a-chak, boomboom-a-chak)

...yes

edited February 2018
    NVIATWAS said:

Ooooh, looks like it might just be cloudy all day and not rain!  If no rain by Noon, I'm going to suit up and head to the boozatorium and get me some potato wodka and diet Coke for the weekend.  Have to treat myself on occasion while I clean all my affairs up.

Some thunderstorms tomorrow, partly cloudy Sunday and sunny Monday, which means grocery shopping Monday.  Going to fill my backpack with basics for a couple of weeks, including baked beans for beans and franks and some butermilk biscuits.  Hopefully this time I won't end up needing a ton of aspirin after the trip... :-|

...that reminds me finished off the whiskey last night. need to go across the street and get something for the next month, maybe potato wodka as well (particularly with all this Warsaw like weather we've been having).

NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, come what may...

You'd lose.  Tomorrow never comes.  It's always today!

Dana

Tjohn said:

Sunny here presently. 

Man of few words, lately.  Everything OK?  indecision

Dana

edited February 2018

...unusual situation yesterday.  Had my Net service go flaky twice in the afternoon even though the icon on the bottom of the screen indicated I was still connected.  When I attempted to call my ISPs tech support (a local independent service), the signal on my phone kept breaking up and finally quit even though the battery was at 100% and I had a full 5 bars of connectivity.  The really odd part in all this is that the phone service I have is with one of the major carriers, not the service that supplies my Net access.  It was as if someone turned on some kind of area wide signal jammer or wave wall for about 20 min each time, then turned it off.

kyoto kid said:

...unusual situation yesterday.  Had my Net service go flaky twice in the afternoon even though the icon on the bottom of the screen indicated I was still connected.  When I attempted to call my ISPs tech support (a local independent service), the signal on my phone kept breaking up and finally quit even though the battery was at 100% and I had a full 5 bars of connectivity.  The really odd part in all this is that the phone service I have is with one of the major carriers, not the service that supplies my Net access.  It was as if someone turned on some kind of area wide signal jammer or wave wall for about 20 min each time, then turned it off.

UFOs passing over.  wink

Dana

...maybe the fired up HAARP in Alaska?  However, my lights didn't dim.

...OK so this is interesting. 

Currently in the process of upgrading my existing system and bringing the second one online.  The one element that is delaying the project is online protection.  Currently for some reason I still have Norton 360 which is fully working and recently updated itself , however that came with the old Xfinity account that was closed in May of last year (it has "Xfinity" on the main menu pane).  I checked with my current ISP and they do not provide AV service so it isn't like it was extended through them, and the menu just hasn't updated (kind of like the Daz shortcut which still shows 4.6 even though I have the general release of 4.9).  So basically I have been somehow given fortune through an oversight which I won't gripe about.  

However, once I install the new HDD and W7 Pro, then do a fresh install of all my programmes, the system will no longer be protected as the licence will not transfer over, so once I go online to register W7 Pro (granted there is a grace period but I just like to get the formalities over with as soon as I can) I do so without any protection. From my past experiences, I view any MS built in AV as being about as secure as a screen door on the ISS (the only time I got a serious infection was when I relied on Windows Security).  Hence, I do not trust MS system security as far as I can throw CEO Nadella (which with my arthritis isn't very far). 

So I go down to the local Office Depot a couple blocks away yesterday and surprisingly find the latest Norton Deluxe (that covers up to five devices) for only 39$.  Excellent...well...not so, fast as the box only contains an activation key, no install DVD, so I have to go online to install it.  Therein is the conundrum as I have to get online with minimal to no protection to use Google to go to another site and download an AV product to protect my computer from infection when I'm online.  Now I don't much mind doing so for other programmes, like Daz, PSP, or a monthly PS subscription when my system is fully protected), but for something that is designed to keep my system safe the moment I first open FF (which I backed up the installer for so I don't have to use IE) it seems just a bit dicey in these days of keyloggers and ransomware.

This is one situation where the whole download over providing a physical copy breaks down in my book.  I would much rather have my AV in place and running before the I go online for the first time, not after.  A bit paranoid? You betcha, but having been burned once, don't want to go through it again.

This discussion has been closed.