The "Complaints 'R' Us, complaint thread"

Comments

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    Mistara said:

omg is 10TB , 10 terrorbytes 

Those Terror Bites are the worst! Killer Bites are masty, and nobody likes a Mega Bite because of the size of the teeth.  Too many ways to get bit, I swear.

Mistara said:
    Chohole said:

How about a curved keyboard?  Do they make them?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perixx-PERIBOARD-512-Ergonomic-Split-Keyboard/dp/B0763LFQ6X

Microsoft do omne as well, but it is a lot mor expensive.  I have been using this one for about 4 years now

option if yoo haz poor vision,

i use this 1

Misty MiGoo

Holy Carp, that is the EXACT high-contrast keyboard I'm using right this instant!!! My landlady recommended it to me, bless her.

Well, the guy came, he demo'ed the Ebow, he bought it.  I now have more grocery so I can last another week.

Turns out he's a pro musician in a band playing in South Austin tonight, his old one died and he found my ad 3 days before his next gig!  So, my baby went to a good home and will be earning her keep on stage, as she was meant to.  No complaints about that!

Complaint: got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night. Ugh. :-(

Non-complaint: Since business is done for now, I can take a nice long nap! :-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perixx-PERIBOARD-512-Ergonomic-Split-Keyboard/dp/B0763LFQ6X

Microsoft do omne as well, but it is a lot mor expensive.  I have been using this one for about 4 years now

i use this 1

Misty MiGoo

My vision is fine, my hands are not , they have been attacked by Uncle Arthur.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,225
    edited February 2018
    Mistara said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Like this?  Meh, they're OK as long as you don't piss 'em off.

Those suckers can sure inflict a nasty bite! BEWARE! :-O

Nastier than minotaurs? smiley

Yes, but nowhere near the bite inflicted by a maxotaur. indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,626

They were cheeaper. Although possibly not so much when you factor in having to close most of your outlets because they don't have any chicken . . .

...mmmmmmmm....Kentucky Fried Chicken Food Product.

edited February 2018
    kyoto kid said:

They were cheeaper. Although possibly not so much when you factor in having to close most of your outlets because they don't have any chicken . . .

Meh..., "parts is parts." indecision https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTzLVIc-O5E

NVIATWAS said:

47f at 5:10am this morning.  Scattered thundershowers oredicted locally, we'll see.  It's not supposed to be sunny until Monday, so I'm tentatively scheduling Monday for shopping.  I want baked beans and biscuits, at a minimum!

Today is chicken drumstick bbq dat, broke out the bbq brush and the spicy Texas-style bbq sauce.  I'm going to try to get the skin to carmelize with the bbq sauce in the air fryer, hope I don't set my chicken on fire!! :-O

I should go to bed but I'm just not sleepy, sleeping 7 hours after my shopping trip on Monday has once again trashed my sleep cycle.  Maybe I'll go shave and whip up a couple of bean toastadas for breakfast... :-|

..more of the white frozen water forecast for tonight again.  Got about an inch here in town, streets and sidewalks all icy this morning. currently only 36° (F).  More of the white stuff in the forecast for Friday and again next Monday.  This is the latest I've seen it happen here.

NVIATWAS said:

So far not one video hiccup after many switches of video stream.  Liking FF so far.  Don't need a plugin to make accessability work!  Now even embedded images display properly (Chrome kept trying to display them in inverse color, like it did Web colors).

I've become addicted to roasted corn tortillas!  Roast 3 at a time, then just keep 'em hot in the insulated air fryer.  Works well.

Have a possible small item sale this afternoon.  Could be more food money!

Will be putting more stuff up for sale tomorrow.  Beer money?  Maybe so.

...I have the opposite experience, however I am not running the "latest and greatest whatever they called their new version" as I understand it pretty much disables all your add ons and plugins.  Apologies, but I like not dealing with adverts on every site as well as flash popups that automatically start playing and suck bandwidth, .

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Mottled grey and white tropical overcast giving up some Godrays and a few fat raindrops. But no rainbows, where did all the rainbows go?

I may have missed my winter adventure at the symphony in Buffalo a couple weeks ago, but I sort of made up for it with my lunch trip to Erie yesterday.  Yeah, not quite the same but not nearly as budget busting.

Now I've already found a few possible summer mini-adventures.  Since I live so close to the Chautauqua Institution, I watch their summer concert schedule.  Firstly, Pianist Alexander Gavrylyuk will be back again for two performances.  A solo recital in June, and the "Brahms Piano Concerto #1" in July.  smiley

Then in August a super concert!  All four pieces are on my list of favorites.  "L'arlesienne Suite #1" by Bizet; "Scheherazade" by Ravel (that I missed in Buffalo); "Afternoon of a Faun" by Debussy; and "Daphnis et Chloe suite #2" by Ravel.  Promises to be an excellent evening. yes

But speaking of Chautauqua, the organ console for their pipe organ was damaged by leaking water while in storage over the winter.  I haven't found that news on the internet yet but I just got my copy of "The Chautauquan" newspaper describing the efforts to repair the damage to the ivory keys and pull stops and electronics.

...found this article from the Chautauqua Institution that gives details of the damage and restoration/repair process.

http://chq.org/massey

edited February 2018
    ps1borg said:

Morning. Mottled grey and white tropical overcast giving up some Godrays and a few fat raindrops. But no rainbows, where did all the rainbows go?

Sun has to be somewhere behind you to see a rainbow best.

Sun has to be directly behind you to see a glory around your shadow.

NVIATWAS said:

Well, the guy came, he demo'ed the Ebow, he bought it.  I now have more grocery so I can last another week.

Turns out he's a pro musician in a band playing in South Austin tonight, his old one died and he found my ad 3 days before his next gig!  So, my baby went to a good home and will be earning her keep on stage, as she was meant to.  No complaints about that!

Complaint: got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night. Ugh. :-(

Non-complaint: Since business is done for now, I can take a nice long nap! :-)

...nice timing there.

kyoto kid said:

Meh..., "parts is parts." indecision https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTzLVIc-O5E

...I remember that advert.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

early last cuppa tnite 

my tavern pproj needs bottles.  dont want ngons on the bottom

edited February 2018

Arghhhh..., I just realized that my previous post about the August concert at Chautauqua said "Scheherazade by Ravel" instead of the version I was thinking of by Rimsky-Korsakov.   I'd never heard of a Scheherazade by Ravel   I've just looked it up and listened to the Ravel version and it's a completely different piece.  Not at all my cup of tea. frown Oh well...  Still the other pieces being performed that evening are worth hearing.  And who knows, I may actually learn to like this Ravel version of Scheherazade. indecision

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,103
    Chohole said:

Does it raise the front, rather than the back of the keyboard?  That puts it in the correct position for your hands.  With the back raised, like most keyboards, you are bending your wrists...that is how you get carpal tunnel syndrome.  I use the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000.  Best keyboard I've ever used.  Never get wrist pain using it, and I'm at my computer for hours!

Dana

Mistara said:
    Chohole said:

i use this 1

Misty MiGoo

Anyone in IT would do themselves a favor and learn touch typing.  No need to see the letters after that.  It's not difficult.  You can get something like Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing.  It starts out slow, and adds more to the lessons as you progress.  And there are little games that help you use what you've learned.  There was another one called Typing Tutor.  I learned on the DOS version of that.  I already was speedy by the time I took my first class at the college.  And I was no youngster when I started.  I went to community college starting in 1991.  I graduated from high school in 1971.

Dana

edited February 2018

...used to be a touch typist until my right hand became fairly crippled by arthritis to the point I can only use one finger and I have to make the keystroke using the lower arm.  I'm probably down to around 1/3 of of what was my normal typing speed.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Sorry to hear that.

Dana

...add dyslexia to the mix and it gets real interesting at times. as I have to watch where my right hand is typing.

DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:

i use this 1

Misty MiGoo

Anyone in IT would do themselves a favor and learn touch typing.  No need to see the letters after that.  It's not difficult.  You can get something like Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing.  It starts out slow, and adds more to the lessons as you progress.  And there are little games that help you use what you've learned.  There was another one called Typing Tutor.  I learned on the DOS version of that.  I already was speedy by the time I took my first class at the college.  And I was no youngster when I started.  I went to community college starting in 1991.  I graduated from high school in 1971.

Dana

Alas, touch typing and no feeling in my fingertips aren't a good pair.  Like KK, I used to a touch typist, but no touchy, no typee.

:-/

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

meh 4.10 is a disaster so far crying  was looking forward to seeing fast renders.  meh

Wavy keyboard reminds me of being at sea.. ocean waves.. up and down and side to side and.. omg... uuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppppp :-/

edited February 2018
    Mistara said:

meh 4.10 is a disaster so far crying  was looking forward to seeing fast renders.  meh

...how much memory and what GPU does your new system have?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:

i use this 1

Misty MiGoo

Dana

Alas, touch typing and no feeling in my fingertips aren't a good pair.  Like KK, I used to a touch typist, but no touchy, no typee.

Ah, well...there's alway Dragon Naturally Speaking.

Dana

edited February 2018
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:

i use this 1

Misty MiGoo

Dana

Dana

Fortunately my typing needs are minimal and ven looking I can hit 40wpm at top speed.  Years of practice, mostly I glance down to re-home myself!

A Braille keyboard would suck, I think, but the Dragon stuff I hear works tolerably well.

Wait, is there a Dragon Naturally Cursing? :-O

Post edited by NVIATWAS on

...I'm lucky to hit 20 wpm, and that's on a good day when I use a lot of my CBD lotion.

kyoto kid said:

...I'm lucky to hit 20 wpm, and that's on a good day when I use a lot of my CBD lotion.

When my fingers act up, which is slowly but surely more often, then I get to that 20wpm mark and lower.  Sucks to be us. :-/

Non-sucky thing: giant chicken drumstick slow cooking in Texas spicy bbq sauce!  Should be done in an hour and a half, I turn and add more bbq sauce every 30 minutes.  Going to serve it on a warm flour tortlla.  If this works, I forsee more giant drumsticks in my future!

NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:

i use this 1

Misty MiGoo

Dana

Dana

Fortunately my typing needs are minimal and ven looking I can hit 40wpm at top speed.  Years of practice, mostly I glance down to re-home myself!

A Braille keyboard would suck, I think, but the Dragon stuff I hear works tolerably well.

Wait, is there a Dragon Naturally Cursing? :-O

I'm sure you can add any word you like to the dictionary!   laugh

Dana

This discussion has been closed.