The "Complaints 'R' Us, complaint thread"

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,103

Complaint: My central heating pump just went "Bang clatter clatter clatter kaboom silence." And now there is no more hot.

This is the second major failure in my heating system so far this Winter. Ho hum!

That sucks!  I hope it doesn't cost too much to get it repaired.

Dana

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    edited February 2018
    Mistara said:

hot buns makes me think of something else entirely

Like hot buttered rum(p)?

Post edited by NVIATWAS on

Complaint: 23 posting since I was on this moning! My coffee got cold while I was responding, bloody heck! Need to make new now.

It did finally drizzle for a few hours here.  No thunder, just drip drip damp.  How unspectacular.  Still 72f late at night, as well, although a cold front is supposed to come in sometime 'DAZ soon'.

Still recovering from garlic overdose.  I'm tired of burping up garlic, darn it!  Last 4 slices of pizza into the freezer for much later.  Next time, no garlic-heavy sauces (uurrrp)!

It'ss DARK outside.  Watch for grues! :-O

• DanaTA said:
    Chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

...all you folks having lovely spring weather.  Opened the shades here when I woke up and

GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Is snow ?

looks more like pixelation to me.   needs attention from Auntie Alias.

It was obviously shot through a window screen.

Dana

glass is much better for windows.

Don't you have window screens over there?  They're important for keeping bugs out when you want some fresh air.

Dana

When I visited Cairns, Australia I stayed with a friend there who had windows with no screens.  I asked "don't you get bugs in here?"   He replied "Ay mait but if the bugs get in then HE takes care of 'em."  As he pointed to a large lizard lazily hanging out on the wall.

DanaTA said:
    Chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

...all you folks having lovely spring weather.  Opened the shades here when I woke up and

GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Is snow ?

Dana

Don't you have window screens over there?  They're important for keeping bugs out when you want some fresh air.

Dana

When I visited Cairns, Australia I stayed with a friend there who had windows with no screens.  I asked "don't you get bugs in here?"   He replied "Ay mait but if the bugs get in then HE takes care of 'em."  As he pointed to a large lizard lazily hanging out on the wall.

Lizards in Oz will take out bugs.  Spiders will take out birds and small mammals. 

But this jungle plant eats whole rats!!!!!! https://www.popsci.com/environment/article/2009-08/newly-discovered-plant-species-eats-rats-named-after-famous-naturalist

Good way to get rid of a rodent infestation... :-|

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,103
    DanaTA said:
    Chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Is snow ?

Dana

Dana

laugh

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,625
    NVIATWAS said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Is snow ?

Darn pixies ruin everything!!!

...and they're so hard to draw a bead on even with enhanced targeting.  That's when grenades come in handy.

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Is snow ?

Darn pixies ruin everything!!!

...and they're so hard to draw a bead on even with enhanced targeting.  That's when grenades come in handy.

Careful!  When the xplode they turn into...

...pixie dust!!!!! :-O

...that's why you always lob them in from upwind.

...and never forget to have a respirator or gas mask at hand.

Ameditation on chicken parts:

I've seen many a live chicken.  Myy Grand-dads farm had chickens, seen free range chickens in California, seen plenty of chickens at State Fairs, and they all have one thing in common:

They're not giant radioactive mutant chickens.

And yest, I look at the drumsticks I bought:  Three of them made around a pound of chicken.  There are guge, meaty legs, these birds worked out!  And my last pack of chicken thighs came from birds about four feet tall.  One split roasting chicken at the store looked like it had eaten small families to grow up.

Is there a secret species of chicken called Cluckus Giganticus that nobody talks about?  Do these birds explain missing persons, crop circles, and the Bermuda Triangle? Why isn't anyone squwaking about this?!?!?!?

Inquiring minds want to know...

...might have something to do with it.

kyoto kid said:

If the bird gets angry it's gonna be chicken fried farmer!!! :-O

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    DanaTA said:
    Chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Is snow ?

Dana

Dana

No. We have fly spray and rolled up newspapers . . .

NVIATWAS said:

I've seen many a live chicken.  Myy Grand-dads farm had chickens, seen free range chickens in California, seen plenty of chickens at State Fairs, and they all have one thing in common:

And yest, I look at the drumsticks I bought:  Three of them made around a pound of chicken.  There are guge, meaty legs, these birds worked out!  And my last pack of chicken thighs came from birds about four feet tall.  One split roasting chicken at the store looked like it had eaten small families to grow up.

Is there a secret species of chicken called Cluckus Giganticus that nobody talks about?  Do these birds explain missing persons, crop circles, and the Bermuda Triangle? Why isn't anyone squwaking about this?!?!?!?

At least you've got chickens! Spare a thought for poor old KFC over here, who switched delivery suppliers to a company that doesn't have a clue how to deliver food . . .

DanaTA said:

Complaint: My central heating pump just went "Bang clatter clatter clatter kaboom silence." And now there is no more hot.

This is the second major failure in my heating system so far this Winter. Ho hum!

That sucks!  I hope it doesn't cost too much to get it repaired.

Dana

Fortunately it's a mild +6 C outside, so at least I don't have to rush for an emergency plumber!

NVIATWAS said:

At least you've got chickens! Spare a thought for poor old KFC over here, who switched delivery suppliers to a company that doesn't have a clue how to deliver food . . .

*urrrppp*

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    NVIATWAS said:
    NVIATWAS said:

*urrrppp*

Yes thank goodness those guys aren't delivering the beer :0

They were cheeaper. Although possibly not so much when you factor in having to close most of your outlets because they don't have any chicken . . .

edited February 2018
    NVIATWAS said:
    Chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:

tawt i taw easter candy in lotto tix store

Easter pastries on sale here already :)

Yes, my local market has hot cross buns in the sale ad.

Dana

Why are the buns cross?  Did someone make them angry? :-P

Hot and cross sounds like a bad combination...

Hot Cross Buns

Hot Cross buns are real???? I thought they made them up for a song.

Hot Cross Buns in the shops are the first sign it is No Longer Christmas. Along with Cadbury's Creme Eggs. (usually on Boxing Day!)

Actually the company I use for my on line grocery shopping has had Hot Cross Buns as a regular item permanently since last Easter. They have removed the normal fruit buns, which were not good, and now stock the hot cross ones, which are really nice.

The first time I heard the phrase 'hot cross buns' was at a bondage club in San Francisco!!!

Rather ruined thing for me... :-/

For things worth forgetting use

b.png
    129 x 163 - 38K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited February 2018
    DanaTA said:
    Chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Is snow ?

Dana

Dana

Blue Tongues can make a huge mess in a vege patch as well, they eat almost anything 

Post edited by ps1borg on
    kyoto kid said:

THis picture is somehow very disturbing :0

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Morning. Deep red dawn sky giving way to grey-streaked blue and a gusting wind is picking up anything not fixed to the ground, feels a little like autumn :)

Blue sky and 61F here right now!  Tomorrow is supposed to get even warmer...maybe breach 70F!  Feels like Spring.  It won't last, though.   frown

Dana

Definitely a bit of an Autumn feel in the morning before sunup here this week :)

ps1borg said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    NVIATWAS said:

*urrrppp*

Yes thank goodness those guys aren't delivering the beer :0

Perish the thought! :-/

ps1borg said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:

tawt i taw easter candy in lotto tix store

Easter pastries on sale here already :)

Yes, my local market has hot cross buns in the sale ad.

Dana

Why are the buns cross?  Did someone make them angry? :-P

Hot and cross sounds like a bad combination...

Hot Cross Buns

Hot Cross buns are real???? I thought they made them up for a song.

Hot Cross Buns in the shops are the first sign it is No Longer Christmas. Along with Cadbury's Creme Eggs. (usually on Boxing Day!)

Actually the company I use for my on line grocery shopping has had Hot Cross Buns as a regular item permanently since last Easter. They have removed the normal fruit buns, which were not good, and now stock the hot cross ones, which are really nice.

The first time I heard the phrase 'hot cross buns' was at a bondage club in San Francisco!!!

Rather ruined thing for me... :-/

For things worth forgetting use

Yeah, I need a new bottle... :-|

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,801
    edited February 2018
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

Kentucky Fried Trex ?

Chick-Trex 1 Topaz FiltForge Chinaware paint 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

47f at 5:10am this morning.  Scattered thundershowers oredicted locally, we'll see.  It's not supposed to be sunny until Monday, so I'm tentatively scheduling Monday for shopping.  I want baked beans and biscuits, at a minimum!

Today is chicken drumstick bbq dat, broke out the bbq brush and the spicy Texas-style bbq sauce.  I'm going to try to get the skin to carmelize with the bbq sauce in the air fryer, hope I don't set my chicken on fire!! :-O

I should go to bed but I'm just not sleepy, sleeping 7 hours after my shopping trip on Monday has once again trashed my sleep cycle.  Maybe I'll go shave and whip up a couple of bean toastadas for breakfast... :-|

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    DanaTA said:
    Chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Is snow ?

Dana

Dana

no, not really.  not as a fixture.   we don't really get too many flying bugs

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,224
    edited February 2018
    Bunyip02 said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

Kentucky Fried Trex ?

Not so far fetched.  The Moa reached 12 foot high.   But despite this height advantage, the hunters in New Zealand made meals of all of them 600 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moa

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,224
    edited February 2018

Oops, double post. blush

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    Bunyip02 said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

Kentucky Fried Trex ?

Not so far fetched.  The Moa reached 12 foot high.   But despite this height advantage, the hunters in New Zealand made meals of all of them 600 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moa

I guess less is Moa now... :-P

This discussion has been closed.