Sahel HD

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Wow! @bluejaunte has done it again! Sahel HD looks AMAZING!

She's one of the most realistic looking figures I've seen. I Can't Wait to get her!! For those who are getting her, PLEASE post renders - I want to see what others do with her! It makes me sad that I can't afford her right now, so I'll have to live vicariously through you guys until I can get her! :)

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,308

I agree that she does look great. It is rare that a smile on a 3D character looks natural, but it does on her.

• Ok Diva. Got a dr appointment this morning so i can play when i come back home
  • Amazing realism on Sahel.  She went straight to the WL, and probably to the cart...just shuffling the budget. :)  The higher list prices are keeping me from buying up everything these days.  But, there are a few items like Sahel, that are pushing me to spend the money.  Excellent work by BJ.  I'd almost buy this for the smile settings alone.

• Hi Diva, since you got her already, are you able to confirm that Sahel comes with fibermesh eyebrows? Description says yes, but included materials listing doesn't mention it. Thanks very much!

(I'll probably get her anyway--love the smile and skin!)

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

Aww thanks Diva & everyonesmiley

Amazing realism on Sahel.  She went straight to the WL, and probably to the cart...just shuffling the budget. :)  The higher list prices are keeping me from buying up everything these days.  But, there are a few items like Sahel, that are pushing me to spend the money.  Excellent work by BJ.  I'd almost buy this for the smile settings alone.

Just to be clear, these are no settings. It's a standalone HD expression. cool

•   I'd almost buy this for the smile settings alone.

I'm a relative noob, what does that mean by HD expression? Gorgeous figure, and the smile looks very natural!

I'd almost buy this for the smile settings alone.

I'm a relative noob, what does that mean by HD expression? Gorgeous figure, and the smile looks very natural!

Oh it's just that most expressions released these days seem dial-spun with the existing G8F expressions. This one is its own thing. You know like "Smile Open Full Face HD", this one is just a new one called "Sahel Signature Smile HD" without using any of the existing expressions.

• Since you're here, bluejaunte, wanted to confirm fibermesh eyebrows are included? Seems like it's in the description but not in the included materials listing. I'd like to know before buying, though I'll be buying at some point this week regardless.

I was just thinking how nice it would be to have characters that come with their own expressions--especially smiles, as everyone smiles differently. So thank you so much for this gorgeous character with her own smile!!

• I'm a relative noob, what does that mean by HD expression? Gorgeous figure, and the smile looks very natural!

Oh it's just that most expressions released these days seem dial-spun with the existing G8F expressions. This one is its own thing. You know like "Smile Open Full Face HD", this one is just a new one called "Sahel Signature Smile HD" without using any of the existing expressions.

Ah, okay thanks! Expression created by you :-)  Very nice!!

Since you're here, bluejaunte, wanted to confirm fibermesh eyebrows are included? Seems like it's in the description but not in the included materials listing. I'd like to know before buying, though I'll be buying at some point this week regardless.

I was just thinking how nice it would be to have characters that come with their own expressions--especially smiles, as everyone smiles differently. So thank you so much for this gorgeous character with her own smile!!

Yup absolutely included, and same thoughts I had about expressions smiley

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,594

Is it possible to change the strength of the smile and combine with other expressions or is it all or nothing?

Is it possible to change the strength of the smile and combine with other expressions or is it all or nothing?

Of course, it's just another expression for your pool. 9th promo image is such an example:

• 55% Sahel's Signature Smile
    • Eyes Squint-Widen -20%
    • Brow Up-Down 20%
    • Lips Part 34%
    • Visemes > F 40%
    edited February 2018

Great, thanks bluejaunte, off to purchase!

FYI thanks for the no brow update from the commercial post, it is appreciated.

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on

Oh right, that made it into release thanks to a nice QA person at Daz. Thanks again nice QA person :)

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited February 2018

@Divamakeup " PLEASE post renders - I want to see what others do with her"

Here you go Diva. No post processing. Quick and dirty setup. 75% Sahal smile, Nikisatez/DirtyFairy Crochet Dress, SWAM Aviva hair.  Subtle Poses from Elele, Sveva Everyday Easy Iray HDRI Lighting and Reflections Floor (both from Rendo).

Sahel HD 75% Smile Shot 1.png
    750 x 1125 - 1M
    Post edited by fastbike1 on

Oh cute dress. May wanna try the feet neutralizing morph for shoes like that to minimize distortions. Or maybe you did already and that's just how the boots look? Shoes in general just cannot cope with my foot sculpts that veer too much from the default.

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited February 2018

What a beautiful character! You can feel the love in the making heart

Post edited by Soto on
  • drzapdrzap Posts: 795
    edited February 2018

In the realm of Daz3D figures, there is a line between photorealistic style characters and more stylized ones, each with its large base of supporters.  In the photorealistic camp, the PA bluejaunte has again shown us that Genesis has not yet reached its peak when it comes to affordable, realistic 3D models.  Proving that his outstanding Lyra figure was not a fluke, he has given us Sahel HD, vaulting his small stable of figures to the elite status only very select producers have reached.  What separates his figures from the crowd are the realistic skins and body measurements.  While most PA's are focusing on unrealistic and fantastic body curves that are unattainable for real women but are fantasized by many men, bluejaunte focuses on the curves and imperfections of a real woman with physically plausible morphs and body proportions.  For this reason, it is this reviewer's opinion that Sahel represents the state-of-the-art in realistic humans in Daz3D's lineup.  What's also noteworthy is the abundance of extras that are available with the product.  Features like teeth, skin, LOD,and special smile and feet presets are a welcome addition and make this offer not only a complete package, but also a genuinely great deal.  Let's hope bluejaunte continues to push the limits of realism in Daz figures as well as offer more culturally diverse characters in his future endeavors.  Realimeter: 5.0!

Post edited by drzap on
  • drzap said:

In the realm of Daz3D figures, there is a line between photorealistic style characters and more stylized ones, each with its large base of supporters.  In the photorealistic camp, the PA bluejaunte has again shown us that Genesis has not yet reached its peak when it comes to affordable, realistic 3D models.  Proving that his outstanding Lyra figure was not a fluke, he has given us Sahel HD, vaulting his small stable of figures to the elite status only very select producers have reached.  What separates his figures from the crowd are the realistic skins and body measurements.  While most PA's are focusing on unrealistic and fantastic body curves that are unattainable for real women but are fantasized by many men, bluejaunte focuses on the curves and imperfections of a real woman with physically plausible morphs and body proportions.  For this reason, it is this reviewer's opinion that Sahel represents the state-of-the-art in realistic humans in Daz3D's lineup.  What's also noteworthy is the abundance of extras that are available with the product.  Features like teeth, skin, LOD,and special smile and feet presets are a welcome addition and make this offer not only a complete package, but also a genuinely great deal.  Let's hope bluejaunte continues to push the limits of realism in Daz figures as well as offer more culturally diverse characters in his future endeavors.  Realimeter: 5.0!

Totally agree. Outstanding work.

drzap said:

Wow, thanks so much for this. Means a lot blush

I will say my next character is in the works and will be a bit more curvy. But not in an unrealistic way. Also an interesting aspect I remember Karuki mention at some point, which is that with these CG figures we do have the potential to redefine beauty and do stuff that real people cannot hope to achieve. So that's kinda the opposite argument which also appeals to me so who knows, maybe I'll try that sometime and create something deliberately phantastical. Don't shoot me if I do!

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Is it just me, or does her full on smile look exactly like Jessica Alba?  It's very cute, but she's the first thing that popped into my head.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Hi Diva, since you got her already, are you able to confirm that Sahel comes with fibermesh eyebrows? Description says yes, but included materials listing doesn't mention it. Thanks very much!

(I'll probably get her anyway--love the smile and skin!)

Girl! Read the post (it's only six sentences long)! lol I don't have her. :P

But yeah, I'm sure if it's listed that she has fibermesh brows that she has them. 

sapat said:

Is it just me, or does her full on smile look exactly like Jessica Alba?  It's very cute, but she's the first thing that popped into my head.

There I was, thinking I had no coincidental likeness this time. You're right though, looking at some Jessica Alba smile images, I can see what you mean. She has a pretty similar wide infectous smile like that and the face isn't too far off either.

fastbike1 said:

@Divamakeup " PLEASE post renders - I want to see what others do with her"

Here you go Diva. No post processing. Quick and dirty setup. 75% Sahal smile, Nikisatez/DirtyFairy Crochet Dress, SWAM Aviva hair.  Suble Poses from Elele, Sveva Everyday Easy Iray HDRI Lighting and Reflections Floor (both from Rendo).

Cute render! :D Thank you for sharing it with us, fastbike! :)

Ok Diva. Got a dr appointment this morning so i can play when i come back home

I'm looking forward to seeing your renders! :)

PS - I hope that the doctors appointment goes well. You ok? 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited February 2018

Wow! @bluejaunte has done it again! Sahel HD looks AMAZING!

She's one of the most realistic looking figures I've seen. I Can't Wait to get her!! For those who are getting her, PLEASE post renders - I want to see what others do with her! It makes me sad that I can't afford her right now, so I'll have to live vicariously through you guys until I can get her! :)

The character looks great, but I think that smile is pushing me to move it from wishlist to cart.

Edit:

... Actually, she looks beyond great; I could believe she was real.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • Yeah, I was thinking Jessica Alba too.
  • I was thinking Britney Spears

sapat said:

Yep, same here!

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Great looking character, but the name makes me want to be sure she always has enough to eat. devil