SCI-FI Celebration

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225
    tkdrobert said:

Here is my video: Introducing Rosie 5, which shows how I created my main hero for my movies.

Support article on my website: https://www.dartanbeck.com/carrara-zone/carrara-cg-workshop/pre-production-phase/character-setup/introducing-rosie-5

And this one is a tutorial on Volumetric Lighting:

Support article on my website: https://www.dartanbeck.com/carrara-zone/carrara-cg-workshop/pre-production-phase/scene-stage-setup/volumetric-lighting

Hope you like wink

One of these days, i might try to animate something.

Did you try the Rosie 5 video?

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533
    tkdrobert said:

Here is my video: Introducing Rosie 5, which shows how I created my main hero for my movies.

Support article on my website: https://www.dartanbeck.com/carrara-zone/carrara-cg-workshop/pre-production-phase/character-setup/introducing-rosie-5

And this one is a tutorial on Volumetric Lighting:

Support article on my website: https://www.dartanbeck.com/carrara-zone/carrara-cg-workshop/pre-production-phase/scene-stage-setup/volumetric-lighting

Hope you like wink

One of these days, i might try to animate something.

Did you try the Rosie 5 video?

Yeah, that was very cool.

edited July 2020

Thanks! Yeah, animation is what got me into all of this in the first place, though I'm still working on my workflow and getting experience in doing things. 

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Not sure Warforged are sufficiently SciFi for this thread but I tend lump fantasy with scifi (Asimov, Tolkein, Herbert, Howard, Moorcock,...). The whole, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" kind of thing.

Warforged hate MRI machines, especially when someone leaves the door open!

Yep! They fit alright! ;)

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606
    edited July 2020

A couple of Mine

Mandalorian - Lexa Marr.jpg
    1200 x 1050 - 721K
    Mandalorian - Lexa Marr 2.jpg
    1200 x 1050 - 749K
    Post edited by jedijudd on

Yep! They fit alright! ;)

Agreed

jedijudd said:

A couple of Mine

Cool Mando.

tkdrobert said:
    jedijudd said:

A couple of Mine

Cool Mando.

Yes! Agreed!

• mmitchell_houstonmmitchell_houston Posts: 2,472
    edited July 2020

Here's the last b&w illustration I created for the Galaxy Prime RPG book, Sector Treks. As usual, my workflow includes Poser Pro 11 and Clip Studio Paint.

For this piece, I wanted to do that 1970s-style "head floating in space" look (Jim Starlin did a bunch to popularize this look, but so did other artists like Mike Grell on his Legion of Super Heroes series). All in all, this was a pretty simple effect, 

Insectoid (07-13-2020).jpg
    1200 x 1801 - 303K
    Post edited by mmitchell_houston on

Looks Awesome!!!

Looks Awesome!!!

Agreed.

Very cool!

Very cool!

Thank you.

Galaxy Ranger 2.0

This character is inspired by Shane Goosman from the 80's cartoon,"Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers."

Batman and Gordon

I love it! Great lighting (shadowing)!!!

I love it! Great lighting (shadowing)!!!

Thanks.  With the exception of the windows, the lighting are all spot lights.

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited July 2020

A robot portriat I made using Aura, a few morphs, and MMX Carpaint shaders for her face and lipstick 

Robot Portrait 1 Resized.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on

A robot portriat I made using Aura, a few morphs, and MMX Carpaint shaders for her face and lipstick 

Very cool.

• edited July 2020

Tried a couple of retro sci-fi images. Postwork in Photoshop and Painter.

edited July 2020

Tried a couple of retro sci-fi images. Postwork in Photoshop and Painter.

Cool

• tkdrobert said:

Galaxy Ranger 2.0

This character is inspired by Shane Goosman from the 80's cartoon,"Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers."

I love this. Where is the robot horse from?

tkdrobert said:

Galaxy Ranger 2.0

I love this. Where is the robot horse from?

It's an old Poser model called Hailey's Comet.  It's too big.  I shrank it to the same size as Horse 2.  I also applied IRAY shaders to it.  The horse does not come with a saddle that I have found.  I manually placed the western saddle for Horse 2.  There are some free poses over at cgshare.com.

https://www.daz3d.com/hailey-s-comet

Batman vs The Joker

Batman Watches

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Shin Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: Round One

Early on in the crisis, the stultifying bureaucracy greatly hampered an effective response to a quickly evolving Godzilla crisis.  An example of this was the first iteration of Mechagodzilla which was poorly designed and hastily constructed. During the first battle, Mechagodzilla actually worsened the situation by causing the initial rupture within the Tokyo Bay Aqua-line that allowed Godzilla's blood to flood into the tunnel.  Until better information about Godzilla's capabilities could be provided more quickly to the Mecha-Team, future versions of Mechagodzilla would be useless.

Zatetic said:

Shin Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: Round One

Early on in the crisis, the stultifying bureaucracy greatly hampered an effective response to a quickly evolving Godzilla crisis.  An example of this was the first iteration of Mechagodzilla which was poorly designed and hastily constructed. During the first battle, Mechagodzilla actually worsened the situation by causing the initial rupture within the Tokyo Bay Aqua-line that allowed Godzilla's blood to flood into the tunnel.  Until better information about Godzilla's capabilities could be provided more quickly to the Mecha-Team, future versions of Mechagodzilla would be useless.

Cool water effects.

Batman v Joker

Batman v Joker II