SCI-FI Celebration

Comments

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533

Princess Leia Casual

Pathfinder

• tkdrobert said:

No time to comment on everything you've posted here, but you're doing a great job. Looking forward to seeing more!

tkdrobert said:

No time to comment on everything you've posted here, but you're doing a great job. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks.

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    edited June 2020

Fantastic thread. some great renders and character concepts here @tkdrobert.

Here's a little sci-fi contribution of my own to the thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/1023516

SecurityBreach.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by KA1 on
    KA1 said:

Fantastic thread. some great renders and character concepts here @tkdrobert.

Here's a little sci-fi contribution of my own to the thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/1023516

Nice work.

• I'm interested in your reactions on this character design. Right now it's rough and I know that the textures (especially the feathers on the legs) need work. But before I invest any more time in this, I wanted to hear some thoughts about the general direction I'm taking with this figure. I think what I really want to know is: Is this heading somewhere kind of cool, or is it just ridiculous? Right now I'm too close to it and I just can't tell.

NOTES:

In the Galaxy Prime RPG, there is an alien race descended from birds. Now, first of all, this is an RPG and not a science book – I don't care about accuracy or being even remotely scientific. This is a space opera, so I don't want to hear one word about leg bend direction or hands vs wings. Sorry, this is a cheesy sci-fi game: think of this as a character design for the early Star Trek or Doctor Who series.

I'm interested in your reactions on this character design. Right now it's rough and I know that the textures (especially the feathers on the legs) need work. But before I invest any more time in this, I wanted to hear some thoughts about the general direction I'm taking with this figure. I think what I really want to know is: Is this heading somewhere kind of cool, or is it just ridiculous? Right now I'm too close to it and I just can't tell.

NOTES:

In the Galaxy Prime RPG, there is an alien race descended from birds. Now, first of all, this is an RPG and not a science book – I don't care about accuracy or being even remotely scientific. This is a space opera, so I don't want to hear one word about leg bend direction or hands vs wings. Sorry, this is a cheesy sci-fi game: think of this as a character design for the early Star Trek or Doctor Who series.

Nice alien.

edited June 2020

BH Gunship by tkdrobert

Concept for a Bounty Hunter ship.

Post edited by tkdrobert on

The Informant

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,583
    tkdrobert said:

BH Gunship by tkdrobert

This looks good!

Torquinox said:
    tkdrobert said:

BH Gunship by tkdrobert

This looks good!

Thanks

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

I instantly thought of you.

FREE TIE FIGHTER 1

https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/lVe1/free-tie-fighter-1

Final Bogey

edited June 2020

Super Cyborg Samurai Red

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/02/10a2302e040150b7f0f42b9f3482b9.jpg

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Run Kong Run

Kong's attempt to infilitrate Monster Island goes horribly wrong!

A little homage to MST3K

Zatetic said:

Run Kong Run

A little homage to MST3K

That's very funny.  Thanks for the laugh.

edited July 2020

Imperial Fugatives

The civil war is over.  The Empire lost.  We are bounty hunters contracted by Corellian Security (CorSec) to hunt down Imperial War Criminals and bring them back to stand trial.  They want them alive so we have perfected the use of non-lethal weapons.  Stun Blasters. taser nets, tranquilizer darts...you name it.  No Imperial will escape us or justice.

• Zatetic said:

Run Kong Run

A little homage to MST3K

Crow: "Why didn't Kong just use his gas attack?"

Tom: "Gas attack? Kong doesn't have any sort of 'gas attack.' "

Crow: "Oh yeah, then what's that smell coming out of the back of his costume?"

Joel: "Guuuuys. Keep it clean."

Crow: "That's what the guy at the costume rental place said!"

Tom: "HAH!"

[Great image, btw!]

• tkdrobert said:

Imperial Fugatives

The civil war is over.  The Empire lost.  We are bounty hunters contracted by Corellian Security (CorSec) to hunt down Imperial War Criminals and bring them back to stand trial.  They want them alive so we have perfected the use of non-lethal weapons.  Stun Blasters. taser nets, tranquilizer darts...you name it.  No Imperial will escape us or justice.

So cool. Love seeing the different races among the bounty hunters. Looks a little dim on my monitor (needs a bit more light), but the angle and expressions are perfect.

tkdrobert said:

Imperial Fugatives

So cool. Love seeing the different races among the bounty hunters. Looks a little dim on my monitor (needs a bit more light), but the angle and expressions are perfect.

I raised the brightness on it, but I have a really nice monitor so it might still appear dark on other monitors.

• mmitchell_houstonmmitchell_houston Posts: 2,472
    edited July 2020

Here's the "virgin cover art" for an RPG supplement I'm creating for the Galaxy Prime game by Epic Age Media. If you'd like to see it with the text in place, just hop over to the NPR thread. As you can see, it's a wraparound cover and it has a lot of empty space for the title, logos and back cover text.

Workflow is different for me this time: Daz Studio for the inital scene. Painting effects generated in Topaz Studio and LOTS of clean up and layering in Photoshop. This is a medium resolution image. The final printed cover is about 5,000 pixels wide.

As some of you may know, I have been using Poser almost exclusively for about two years. And I have to admit, going back to Daz Studio was very frustrating. I find the single light control in Poser much easier to use than the controls in Daz Studio. I also miss the dedicated hand and pose cameras that are built into the Poser interface. But, I had to use Poser because I needed the Genesis figures for the bird lady and the two background aliens (I think the big red guy works in Poser).

Despite the headaches, though, I am generally pleased with the results.

_Galaxy-Trek-Cover-Virgin-Art-07-10-2020.jpg
    1200 x 891 - 735K
    Post edited by mmitchell_houston on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

Very cool!

Here, I'm using a whole bunch of Sci Fi Wall elements along with Vertical Living and Vertical Living U as the scene with several hundred of his (TheAntFarm) Sky Traffic vehicles, each running at their own speed and slight navigational differences. It's a single frame from one of several animations of the scene - shown here being rendered in Carrara. Hmmm... only a minute and a half per frame, even though I have Motion Blur set to use four frames (for separate renders combined to create the blur), so each one and a half minute frame is actually four frames rendered. Awesome!!!

I Love Carrara!!!

Here's the "virgin cover art" for an RPG supplement I'm creating for the Galaxy Prime game by Epic Age Media. If you'd like to see it with the text in place, just hop over to the NPR thread.

Workflow is different for me this time: Daz Studio for the inital scene. Painting effects generated in Topaz Studio and LOTS of clean up and layering in Photoshop.

I like the bird alien.

Very cool!

Here, I'm using a whole bunch of Sci Fi Wall elements along with Vertical Living and Vertical Living U as the scene with several hundred of his (TheAntFarm) Sky Traffic vehicles, each running at their own speed and slight navigational differences. It's a single frame from one of several animations of the scene - shown here being rendered in Carrara. Hmmm... only a minute and a half per frame, even though I have Motion Blur set to use four frames (for separate renders combined to create the blur), so each one and a half minute frame is actually four frames rendered. Awesome!!!

I Love Carrara!!!

Cool.

Here is my video: Introducing Rosie 5, which shows how I created my main hero for my movies.

Support article on my website: https://www.dartanbeck.com/carrara-zone/carrara-cg-workshop/pre-production-phase/character-setup/introducing-rosie-5

And this one is a tutorial on Volumetric Lighting:

Support article on my website: https://www.dartanbeck.com/carrara-zone/carrara-cg-workshop/pre-production-phase/scene-stage-setup/volumetric-lighting

Hope you like wink

tkdrobert said:

Here's the "virgin cover art" for an RPG supplement I'm creating for the Galaxy Prime game by Epic Age Media. If you'd like to see it with the text in place, just hop over to the NPR thread.

Workflow is different for me this time: Daz Studio for the inital scene. Painting effects generated in Topaz Studio and LOTS of clean up and layering in Photoshop.

I like the bird alien.

Me too! The other one also!!! Very frakkin' Cool!!!

Here is my video: Introducing Rosie 5, which shows how I created my main hero for my movies.

Support article on my website: https://www.dartanbeck.com/carrara-zone/carrara-cg-workshop/pre-production-phase/character-setup/introducing-rosie-5

And this one is a tutorial on Volumetric Lighting:

Support article on my website: https://www.dartanbeck.com/carrara-zone/carrara-cg-workshop/pre-production-phase/scene-stage-setup/volumetric-lighting

Hope you like wink

One of these days, i might try to animate something.