SCI-FI Celebration

Comments

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    Gordig said:

Awesome.

• Aldi07Aldi07 Posts: 20

So, finally finished with this one. Kei and Yuri the Dirty Pair... I mean Lovely Angels!

KEi Yuri.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Aldi07 said:

So, finally finished with this one. Kei and Yuri the Dirty Pair... I mean Lovely Angels!

Very cool.

Space Patrol II by tkdrobert

• Ships look crazy.

Like a true kit-bash made battlecruiser

Ships look crazy.

Like a true kit-bash made battlecruiser

I know right?

A concept for a Voltron-like robot:

Guardian of the Universe by tkdrobert

Kitbashed Gundam

Custom Gundam by tkdrobert

edited March 2020

Concept for an alien android, superhero.  Right now I'm calling him Knight Hawk

KnightHawk by tkdrobert

Post edited by tkdrobert on

Crash Landing

Crash Landing by tkdrobert

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Oh I see, pushing that engine.

Adding story elements too.

Gypsy Danger

Gypsy Danger by tkdrobert

Mecha vs Kaiju V by tkdrobert

• wmiller314wmiller314 Posts: 184
    edited March 2020

The 7000 Year Itch

7000 Year Itch 001.png
    2600 x 1084 - 5M
    Post edited by wmiller314 on

The 7000 Year Itch

Some things never change.

Macross: Dark Bird Crew

Macross: Dark Bird Crew by tkdrobert

The Dark Bird Attacks

Macross: The Dark Bird Attacks by tkdrobert

• CoXComicsCoXComics Posts: 50

SkyHammer Antares - 2245

CoXComics said:

SkyHammer Antares - 2245

Pretty cool.

Mobile Suit WIP III

Mobile Suit WIP III by tkdrobert

Bushido Never Dies

Bushido Never Dies by tkdrobert

I've watched the series, I visited the life sized statue in Japan, so of course I had to do some fanart.

Unicorn Gundam by tkdrobert

Godzilla

Godzilla: King of the Monsters by tkdrobert

• tkdrobert said:

Cosmic Ranger

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/c6/cae7ebe591c3915ee78d028bac3b48.jpeg

I like the effects and finish on the figure, but the pose is disconnected from the background. There's no sense of depth because the horizon is too close to his butt.

I think this would look more fun and interesting if you just sat him on a rock or crater, like he was relaxing.

• mmitchell_houstonmmitchell_houston Posts: 2,472
    edited April 2020

Here's a character from an upcoming sci-fi comic I'm working on. The figure is Michael 4 with a cool morph applied: Grotto's Insectoid (available at R'osity).

The character's real name is unpronouncable by humans, so he just goes by the (very) shortened version, "Chitz."

Rendered in Poser Pro 11 using the Comic Book Preview. Clean up in Clip Studio Paint. I think I spent an hour and a half on this quickie illustration.

Chitz Creeping 1200px.jpg
    1200 x 1256 - 312K
    Post edited by mmitchell_houston on
    tkdrobert said:

Cosmic Ranger

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/c6/cae7ebe591c3915ee78d028bac3b48.jpeg

I like the effects and finish on the figure, but the pose is disconnected from the background. There's no sense of depth because the horizon is too close to his butt.

I think this would look more fun and interesting if you just sat him on a rock or crater, like he was relaxing.

I did this one a long time ago (in Daz years LOL), My skills have gotten a lot better since then.  The idea was that he was hoping/flying around on an asteroid, hence the jetpack.

Here's a character from an upcoming sci-fi comic I'm working on. The figure is Michael 4 with a cool morph applied: Grotto's Insectoid (available at R'osity).

The character's real name is unpronouncable by humans, so he just goes by the (very) shortened version, "Chitz."

Rendered in Poser Pro 11 using the Comic Book Preview. Clean up in Clip Studio Paint. I think I spent an hour and a half on this quickie illustration.

That's cool.  I'll have to find that morph.  It would fit in nicely with my Alien Invasion series.

Team Up: Bossk and Fett

Team Up: Bossk and Fett by tkdrobert

Barbatos Gundam

Barbatos Gundam by tkdrobert

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574

"kicking it old school" with Ming the Merciless and his hedonistic, lustful and selfish daughter, Princess Aura from King Features' "Flash Gordon" drawn by Alex Raymond.

Some accounts claim that George Lucas developed Star Wars when he could not secure the rights to film .  Flash Gordon.  Well, a similar situation involved that earlier property.  Flash Gordon itself was developed when King Features could not secure the rights to adapt Edgar Rice Burroughs' "John Carter of Mars" series of books (in order to compete with Buck Rogers, printed by another comic syndicate).  It does make one wonder.  If Flash Gordon never existed, but rather Alex Raymond illustrating John Carter and Dejah Thoris, would George Lucas have tried to film the Burroughs property instead?  Who held the filming rights during the 70s and would Lucas have been able to obtain them?  And if he couldn't, how different would his personal "space opera" been from the movie we know?  And whether it was a Barsoom movie or his own "planetary romance", would it have captured the nation's fascination on so grand a scale as Star Wars achieved?

Alternative histories...what might have been...hmm...

Sincerely,

Bill