Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Nice!  I paid $56 for $449 worth of stuff. I do not have any pc coupons left but honestly, I got what I wanted so don't really need anything else.  I picked up Kalea and Sunny pro bundles of which I think I had one item from those two combined.  I think Edie is going to be great for the gene pool.  Will have to pick up Ollie at some point but my budget is pretty much tapped out.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@mollytabby  She looks AWESOME! 

To answer the question, if you do the two required items to drop the discount, have the banner, and get the Pro Bundle she should be $37.03 and 73% off.

L'Adair said:

I almost got my screenshots up before anyone posted! lol

I'm afraid I can't help you with sliders, @Wonderland. Sure wish I could. sad

@wonderland   Did this thread answer your question when asked back in February?  I typed in the search in Google and up you came :) 

Haven't checked this out, but it also came up: http://www.digi-dotz.com/index.php/free-poses/tutorials/daz-studio-tutorials/47-morph-in-daz-studio

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    Novica said:
    L'Adair said:

I almost got my screenshots up before anyone posted! lol

I'm afraid I can't help you with sliders, @Wonderland. Sure wish I could. sad

@wonderland   Did this thread answer your question when asked back in February?  I typed in the search in Google and up you came :) 

Haven't checked this out, but it also came up: http://www.digi-dotz.com/index.php/free-poses/tutorials/daz-studio-tutorials/47-morph-in-daz-studio

Yes, I tried that one before and it's great for creating a slider for the full character, but I'm still working on getting a separate head and body slider and how to do sliders for just expressions. And if I want to make a character for sale and use some Daz morphs, how to separate them out from my morphs, so the slider doesn't affect them.

I am finally working on a character for sale (hopefully) after partially creating ones for V4 and G3 that I never finished LOL. I think I'm not going to use any Daz morphs at all to make it easier to create sliders until I figure out how to save them correctly. And I want to create custom expressions for her so I have to figure out if I how to do a slider or maybe just do them as one-clicks... 

• sueyasueya Posts: 826
    edited April 2018

Although the Show Your Bra outfit is no longer in Fast Grab I thought I would show case it anyway. The girl on the left wears the outfit out of the box and the girl on the right is wearing the bra and pants with textures from one of the Iray Shader packages. The girl on the right is Kande, one of my newest Genesis 8 girls. I really like her skin and her shape.

Post edited by sueya on

@sueya   I think it's a cute ensemble!

Speaking of Fast Grab, there's a lot in there. Don't know when it changed over though, you may have already seen it. 

edited April 2018

Note: Forum didn't show images uploading, how weird! But here they are.

Back to the Genesis 3 Female Fantasy Morph Resource Kit

Long story short- I played with it last night (doing renders and housework same time) and I'm not impressed wtih eye shapes. They make very little change except to mostly get larger, and there's already an eye large morph in our basic morphs. So those I found to be of little use. I'm not going to put those in this post, you can just click on the attachments and compare them. You'll see what I mean. 

Eyes gone takes away part of the eye, didn't remove them. Just looked weird.

Images 21 and 22   It was Eye shape 1 at 60%, then 100%
    Images 23 and 24    Then Eye Shape 2 same thing
    Image 25  Then Eye Shape 3 just 60% because I had enough get the feel of it.

So then let's look at the elven eyes. 
    Image 17 and 18     Eleven Eyes 1 at 65% and 100%
    Image 19    Eleven Eyes 2   70%   Just seemed to enargen again so didn't even go 100%
    Image 20    Eleven Eyes 3   70%    Just to compare. 

I personally wouldn't recommend this for eye changes, I'm not seeing anything wow that can't be done with a slider. It is mostly eye size IMO. You can click and decide. The eye slant options are also just an easy slider for the inside of the eyes and outside, so no biggie on that either.

However, the product is worth getting for the cheeks, mouth, and nose. Will show you what the Genesis 8 version does on Dottie. Coming up

Just right click and open in a new window, or use your middle scroll button. That way you'll get separate windows.

Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 21.png
    395 x 500 - 331K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 22.png
    395 x 500 - 331K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 23.png
    395 x 500 - 333K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 24.png
    395 x 500 - 331K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 25.png
    395 x 500 - 331K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 17.png
    395 x 500 - 331K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 18.png
    395 x 500 - 331K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 19.png
    395 x 500 - 331K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 20.png
    395 x 500 - 331K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2018

Genesis 8 Female Fantasy Morph Resource Kit         Dottie for Edie 8      Amber Character and Hair (Hair) 

This will show you a few of the sliders which change the mouth, cheeks, and nose. If the eyes change, it's due to the other sliders, not the eye shape or elven eyes. Those were not used. 

Click to open each in a new window then back and forth to compare. 

This is the original Dottie.

Dottie Edie 8.png
    711 x 900 - 1M
    Dottie Edie 8 2.png
    711 x 900 - 1M
    Dottie Edie 8 3.png
    711 x 900 - 1M
    Dottie Edie 8 4.png
    711 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on

Oh how nice! Daz did automatic refunds for anyone who got overcharged on the Edie Pro Bundle. Check your store credit. That was FAST!

• I don't think she was showcased yet : Dorothea

Dorothea with Classic Roll hair and project eyeray

Don't worry if something's been showcased previously, we do it all the time- more renders give buyers an even better idea of the product. Your Dorothea looks contemplative, grumpy, or determined. Or all three! Nicely done. I like the skin sagging in the armpit, helps show her aging.

There is a free webinar regarding animation in Poser if anyone is interested. By Digital Art Live. Apparently if you sign up, you get the recorded session, even if you don't attend.   (That was in the Smith Micro email.) I don't use Poser but thought I'd pass it along.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,777

Just back from a few days away and catching up on the latest deals. Had to laugh at Are You Ready for Summer. Buy a summery new release and get a related product at 60% to 80% off. Nice deal, but all the "related products" are different breast control and shaping morphs.

I think we know how they spend their summers in Salt Lake City!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Just back from a few days away and catching up on the latest deals. Had to laugh at Are You Ready for Summer. Buy a summery new release and get a related product at 60% to 80% off. Nice deal, but all the "related products" are different breast control and shaping morphs.

I think we know how they spend their summers in Salt Lake City!

LOL…

From my experience, that is how "they" spend their summers in many places, not just SLC!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited April 2018

I usually just lurk and I've been super busy this month, but I couldn't resist rendering one of the Edie figures I got. I thought I'd share. She looks like a fantastic character. I think her skin would go well with some gothic type images, especially something in B&W. I'm looking forward to rendering more of the Edie 8 figures and pairing them up with Ollie 8.

edit: I mentioned that this was one of the Edie figures, but I forgot to say which one. This figure is Dora for Edie 8. I just thought I'd let people know exactly which figure this was.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160
    edited April 2018

@Knittingmommy, that's a lovely render of Edie. It brings out the quirky, fun, side of her :-) I'm really looking forward to seeing what people do with Edie and her family over the coming weeks.

This is Dottie for Edie 8 in contemporary dress. I like her a lot. She's a versitile character again and even though she is mainly shown as a fantasy character in the promos she makes a lovely human :-)

1. Head and shoulders

2. Full length figure

18 04 27 Dottie head and shoulders.jpg
    800 x 960 - 525K
    18 04 27 Dottie full length 2.jpg
    600 x 1200 - 223K
    Post edited by Mollytabby on

@knittingmommy  @mollytabby    Both of those really bring out the characters  Edie and Ollie should be an interesting couple.! 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,162
    edited April 2018

I finally got all the Edie 8 Pro Bundle (and the freebie bundles I got with it) downloaded and installed so ready to play.

Here are Edie and Ollie together. She's wearing the dForce Peasant Dress and Perrin hair, he's wearing House Brownie (with a little retexturing) and Georgie hair and brows. The background is the Back Gate, which I thought was a suitable backdrop for a bit of olde-worlde courtesy, where Ollie is quite taken with the newcomer.

Edit-and-Ollie-Close.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 542K
    Edit-and-Ollie-Full.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 644K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited April 2018

And here is Edie again, wearing the Mother Goose outfit and Toulouse hair which came with G8F. (I wanted to do a closeup, so not much of the outfit is visible). I trimmed her nose a little here.

Edie-01.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 592K
    edited April 2018

Finally I wanted to show the Muse dress. I used to love the Genesis version which Mada made, but had a little difficulty dForce-ing it when I tried. So I was really pleased to get this version for G8F. I didn't buy the extra textures, so this is out-ot-the-box. This is a fairly easy pose, so I can't say (yet) how well it will work in more complex poses. I didn't choose Edie for this one, but used LY Sorrell instead because she is the most "art nouveau" of the G8F's I own so far (I really must try converting Aibell to G8F.....) The background prop is from the original Essence set - I simply removed displacement, increased bump and put the Iray base shader on everything.

Mucha-01.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 579K

Awww   @MelanieL   You outdid yourself. Each of these is quite lovely. The couple is charming, and we can tell they're both smitten. Great expressions and posing!  The portrait shows the skin really well, I bet if someone saw that, and didn't know, they'd think she was real. And you showed the outfit beautifully on the last one. 

I'm not rendering at all today or tomorrow, dealing with hectic schedule at the moment. But I'm sure enjoying seeing what everyone else is doing. Thanks for sharing!

• cismiccismic Posts: 629
    Novica said:

MelanieL said:

I finally got all the Edie 8 Pro Bundle (and the freebie bundles I got with it) downloaded and installed so ready to play.

Here are Edie and Ollie together. She's wearing the dForce Peasant Dress and Perrin hair, he's wearing House Brownie (with a little retexturing) and Georgie hair and brows. The background is the Back Gate, which I thought was a suitable backdrop for a bit of olde-worlde courtesy, where Ollie is quite taken with the newcomer.

Very Cool. I like how you made them appear in this image.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

@MelanieL those are beautiful scenes. I love what you’ve done with everything - scenes, characters and clothes smiley

edited April 2018

Thank you, Novica, cismic and Mollytabby.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456
    cismic said:
    Novica said:

MelanieL said:

Very Cool. I like how you made them appear in this image.

Awesome how so much emotion is communicated!

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513

Really late to the party because I just finished moving and haven't been able to do anything, but oh my god Edie 8 is adorable. I'm so happy to see her come with a Redz character too, those are always fantastic.

• @MelanieL lovely render! Great pose and expression that sell the story. And great background too.

MelanieL said:

Thank you, Novica, cismic and Mollytabby.

... And thank you to firewarden and xmasrose!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Had a quickie with Kyle today, this is the result, I'm not entirely satisfied with it but too tired to do more now. He's a fun one and well worth getting :) Decided to break the lurking and add a little something before going back to lurk ;P

Kyle

"You want this cannister? Come and get it, I promise I won't hurt you... much"

@carolao    He can keep the cannister!  Those are really neat special effects, they show up well with your lighting too. Glad you came out of lurking.

This discussion has been closed.