Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10

Comments

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Thanks @ Novica and @mollytabby. I got her because of the ultra good price an I love the PA. Nevertheless, I can’t say i expected to like her as much as I do. I think the eyebrows give her a very different look. 

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Just some new stuff of the past month or so.

Description

Bring it on MagMa Mommy.

Made with...

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited April 2018
    Novica said:
    jakiblue said:

..that she wore for the first time today? laugh 

Yes, but is it an itsy bitsy YELLOW polka dot bikini? =-)

@jakiblue   @serenenight  No, that yellow bikini gal was last seen running furiously away from the One-Eyed-One-Horned Flying Purple People Eater. (You started this, keep that in mind! I'm just waiting for @RGcincy to jump in anytime now...)  

She wore is right.....

Snagged by Rabiccus. Have to watch where you're going!

Cactus bikini snag.png
    1200 x 960 - 2M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@RGcincy  OMG!  Too funny. I've missed Rabiccuss- welcome back!

@cismic   Love Maria, great postwork too. She looks highly self confident, that's for sure.

edited April 2018

Hotaru for Sakura 8       X-Fashion Activewear Outfit (Gen8F)     Double Trouble Braids (Gen3F) 

The Double Trouble Braids went on without any problem, they are for Genesis 3 F and Hotaru is Genesis 8.  One thing about the braids I don't like- there's no poof-up-the-top option. (If there is, I missed it.) To me, it looks rather flat (even in the promos on Genesis 3.) Otherwise, they're a nice messy look. 

Hotaru takes expressions well, they seem fluid.

Hotaru X-FashnActivewear.png
    600 x 800 - 712K
    Hotaru X-FashnActivewear2.png
    600 x 800 - 885K
    Post edited by Novica on

Oh, I can't resist this. I rarely go in the New Users forum now, I just don't have time. But decided to pop in just in case someone's post caught my attention. This one did, poor gal didn't know how to do a ground plane, she was a newbie back in 2012.  Check it out. I laughed out loud, I think she's got the hang of it, don't you?

The past comes back to haunt all of us LOL!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Lol great link. I think I will hang out there seeing the great results, lol

edited April 2018

BD Thea (Gen3F)     Cowl Neck Dress & Heels (Gen3F)       Lainey Hair  (Gen3F / Gen8F) 

For BD Thea: There's no character avatar in Content Library when you go to Genesis 3 Female under Characters. You have to load Genesis 3 and apply the morphs from the folder. I looked under the B's (BD) and under the T's (Thea)  If you've got her and she shows up there for you, pls let me know. Otherwise, this is inconsistency with how many of this vendor's other characters are found in the avatar section. 

Note the dress has all the materials listed, BUT NOT SHOWN. You get a lot of material options with this dress, there isn't a separate Add-on required. Showing you only a few of the materials. Many shoe options, including the big cat print.

You get your money's worth, hope you grabbed it during the sale! You can also make the dress longer. (Not shown.) I love the unusual neckline.

Click on these to open in new window. They are showing up darker, I don't know why the forums sometimes do this and other times not. It's not because the renders are larger or smaller. (Large ones, when shrunk, go darker. This is just 800 px tall, so that's not the reason.) 

If you want details to show up on the black dress, you may need to reduce your shadows. I had to change the postwork tweaks for this one and get the shadows off the dress. (Again, click and you'll see the lighter version.) 

One other thing- in the viewport, those patterns are going to look HUGE. Don't tile. They are this size! If you want smaller patterns, then tile. The big cat print look really big, as did the purple one. Then they rendered a regular size. 

BD Thea Cowl Dress LaineyHR.png
    600 x 800 - 796K
    BD Thea Cowl Dress LaineyHR 2.png
    400 x 800 - 396K
    BD Thea Cowl Dress LaineyHR 3.png
    460 x 800 - 667K
    BD Thea Cowl Dress LaineyHR 4.png
    460 x 800 - 680K
    BD Thea Cowl Dress LaineyHR 5.png
    460 x 800 - 499K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    Nice dress! Into the wishlist wishlist it goes.
    edited April 2018

Someone check the Genesis 3 Female Fantasy Morph Resource Kit? It's supposed to be in the Content Library under the Genesis 3 Female>Shapes and all it has it the remove/zero option. I've uninstalled and installed twice. Can't find it anywhere else. Where is it hiding?
    Edit- Okay, the last install did put it in the Shaping tab.  Also in Actor in Parameters, Full Body.

Post edited by Novica on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited April 2018
    Novica said:

Someone check the Genesis 3 Female Fantasy Morph Resource Kit? It's supposed to be in the Content Library under the Genesis 3 Female>Shapes and all it has it the remove/zero option. I've uninstalled and installed twice. Can't find it anywhere else. Where is it hiding?
    Edit- Okay, the last install did put it in the Shaping tab. 

Is it showing up as shaping dials under Actor on your figure? I don't own it, but my interpretation of the product description is that you get dials plus a shape preset that resets everything to zero.

Post edited by Odaa on
    edited April 2018

Okay, using the Genesis 3 Female Fantasy Morph Resource Kit just open these and click back and forth to see the changes. First is the default figure. 

Second
    Breast Outer Adjust 100  Moves the outside of the breast and underarm up.
    Body Primrose 25.4    Slenderizes all over. (Not the head. Does the neck slightly.) 

Third
    Let's see the difference in Body Primrose (which I removed) and Body Willow. Done also at 25.4. This kept the Breast Outer Adjust at 100 so only the body types changed.

Fourth
    Everything from above removed so back to default figure. Before we switch from this view, Thigh Slender done at -60 to widen the thighs.

Fifth
    Going the other way, Thigh Slender at 60. It also reduces the hip.

Sixth
    Everything removed, back to default. The Torso Thigh Crease Out 100%   I'm not seeing much change from the front. 

Seventh
    Waist Hip Height 60%   It's backwards. The more you do, the LOWER the waist goes.

Eighth
    Animal Ears 1  25%  For a nice hint of a faerie or fantasy gal.

Genesis 3 Base.png
    328 x 500 - 211K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 2.png
    328 x 500 - 210K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 3.png
    328 x 500 - 210K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 4.png
    328 x 500 - 212K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 5.png
    328 x 500 - 211K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 6.png
    328 x 500 - 211K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 7.png
    328 x 500 - 211K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 8.png
    328 x 500 - 289K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2018

Ninth    
    Animal Ears 1 again, this time upped to 45%  We'll be comparing this to the Animal Ears 2.

Tenth
    Animal Ears 1 upped to 80%

Eleventh
    Animal Ears 2  At 25%. Click back on the Animal Ears 1 at 25% and comparing. (Last image in the previous post.) 

Twelvth
    Animal Ears 2 At 45%. Click back on Animal Ears 1 at 45% to compare.

Thirteenth
    Animal Ears at 80%. Click back on Animal Ears 1 at 80% to compare. 

Fourteenth
    Elf Ears Curved 100%

Fifteenth
    Elf Ears Majestic 70%

Sixteenth
    Elf Ears Tall 70%.  Compare to the 70% of Elf Ears Majestic.

Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 9.png
    328 x 500 - 287K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 10.png
    375 x 500 - 318K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 11.png
    375 x 500 - 318K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 12.png
    375 x 500 - 318K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 13.png
    395 x 500 - 331K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 14.png
    395 x 500 - 333K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 15.png
    395 x 500 - 332K
    Genesis 3 BaseFantasy 16.png
    395 x 500 - 331K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

RGcincy said:

She wore is right.....

Snagged by Rabiccus. Have to watch where you're going!

Rabbicus rocks! =-)

Novica said:

Oh, I can't resist this. I rarely go in the New Users forum now, I just don't have time. But decided to pop in just in case someone's post caught my attention. This one did, poor gal didn't know how to do a ground plane, she was a newbie back in 2012.  Check it out. I laughed out loud, I think she's got the hang of it, don't you?

The past comes back to haunt all of us LOL!

Ah yes.... The ignominy. But the story is actually funnier than that, however DAZ mods will not like that story, so I will tell it to you offline. wink

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

haha I cringe a wee bit when I think back to some of my own newbie questions.... I would say she most definitely figured it out!

I remember Jaderail and Scott Livingston telling me that Copy/Paste didn't work for putting additional people in the Scene. I wanted to just right click and copy the folder and then right click and do Paste out in the viewport LOL! 

Novica said:

I remember Jaderail and Scott Livingston telling me that Copy/Paste didn't work for putting additional people in the Scene. I wanted to just right click and copy the folder and then right click and do Paste out in the viewport LOL! 

Ha, that would be a great idea!  I can remember a couple games of twenty questions.  In order to get from point A (my problem) to point B (the solution) there were at least 20 questions in between as to where things were and I'm supposed to go where and do what? 

edited April 2018

Well, it took some juggling but I used BOTH my PC+ coupons. I put two of the new featured plus the Edie Pro Bundle to drop those prices 20% and Edie Pro 30%, got the two free Pro Bundles (and you can't use a code with that, it will only take off $2 instead of $6) So that was one order, no code used. The new featured ones with that additional 20% off went 61% and Edie Pro 66%.

Then next order-  I got two more of the new featured to drop those down again 20%, and raised the featured stores discounts to a minimum of 50%. Since I used the PC+ coupon for DOs, the new featured went to 70% this time instead of 61%. The featured stores went to 73% (Rogue Hunter, Rogue Hunter Textures.)  So that was the DO coupon.

For the buy $18 worth of old stuff coupon, got two more featured (61%) then DOs and non-DOs, they went   60-72%. I really liked  Fall Casual for Genesis 8 and the textures. They went 60% instead of just 50%. The Tousled Hair went 72%. 

So don't forget you can do more than one order and do both codes, if you haven't used them yet and want at least 4 of the featured new releases (you want two per order so you get 20% more off them.) 

Headed to get some sleep but wanted to remind you to use your coupons since it's the end of the month soon.

Post edited by Novica on

Oh and yeah, note Nikisatez is in the sale so if you like the Cowl Dress or that bikini, now's your chance! 

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160
    Novica said:

Well, it took some juggling but I used BOTH my PC+ coupons. I put two of the new featured plus the Edie Pro Bundle to drop those prices 20% and Edie Pro 30%, got the two free Pro Bundles (and you can't use a code with that, it will only take off $2 instead of $6) So that was one order, no code used. The new featured ones with that additional 20% off went 61% and Edie Pro 66%.

Then next order-  I got two more of the new featured to drop those down again 20%, and raised the featured stores discounts to a minimum of 50%. Since I used the PC+ coupon for DOs, the new featured went to 70% this time instead of 61%. The featured stores went to 73% (Rogue Hunter, Rogue Hunter Textures.)  So that was the DO coupon.

For the buy $18 worth of old stuff coupon, got two more featured (61%) then DOs and non-DOs, they went   60-72%. I really liked  Fall Casual for Genesis 8 and the textures. They went 60% instead of just 50%. The Tousled Hair went 72%. 

So don't forget you can do more than one order and do both codes, if you haven't used them yet and want at least 4 of the featured new releases (you want two per order so you get 20% more off them.) 

Headed to get some sleep but wanted to remind you to use your coupons since it's the end of the month soon.

I'm so glad you are around to work this out for us! My head was hurting trying to work it out. I'm going to do the shopping cart juggle now to see what I can get :-)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Public Service Announcement:

Before you folks checkout, check your Exclusive Messages inbox. If you've bought G8 Pro bundles in the past, there may be an extra discount. It's not applying at the moment, but Daz will get it straightened out eventually. If you have already checked out, you probably will want to contact customer service for a refund. (The difference for me, at 20%, is about $29.)

And if you used your April Plat Club coupon already, the extra 20% is good until May 8. If you can wait that long!
    laugh

• NathNath Posts: 2,720
    edited April 2018

I don't even have a message, working or not. MaybeI haven't bought the right G8 Pro Bundles.

Hmm, and the free older bundles are no use to me either, since I already have everything I want from them.

*sulk*

Post edited by Nath on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Nath said:

I don't even have a message, working or not. MaybeI haven't bought the right G8 Pro Bundles.

Hmm, and the free older bundles are no use to me either, since I already have everything I want from them.

*sulk*

It was a very difficult decision, for that very reason. There are several older Pro bundles I don't have, but I've already purchased everything in those bundles that I want. I've decided on two to get with Edie, but I could just as easily pass on them both. Two bad I can't get a better discount and forego the free bundles!

It can take quite some time for Daz to roll out all the messages. Maybe one will show up for you later today. (Fingers crossed.) Hugz.

• I grabbed the Edie pro bundle as well but I'm not sure I got my extra 20% off so I submitted a ticket on it.  I have to say I am not usually impressed with new characters for the latest generation but with Ollie and Edie being so unique I have been very impressed lately.  Plus the 2 previous gen pro bundles for free has been highly unusual as I am used to 1 pro bundle free with a new character.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Tough call for me. I can buy Edie herself and the two things I really want fom her bundle (Mother Goose and Mucha dresses) for $44, which would be most of the store credit I have left, or I can buy the Edie Pro bundle, plus texture sets for those two favorite outfits for $58 (meaning I'd be paying $12 out of pocket and burning off all the store credit as well) and get Monique 7 and Ninive 6 and their marginally useful Pro Bundles for free.

• @Odaa I was able to get the pro bundle down to $37 & change with 2 add ons and my extra 20% wasn't working at the time so you should be able to get a good deal if you have a working extra 20% banner

So, how much should the Edie pro bundle come to if ALL of the discounts are applied?  Including the banner.  Right now, with everything required to get all the discounts she is sitting at $37.  Not sure that is right,  30% off for buying two add ons. And 20% off with the banner?  Is that right? I hate trying to figure this crap out.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,052

So, how much should the Edie pro bundle come to if ALL of the discounts are applied?  Including the banner.  Right now, with everything required to get all the discounts she is sitting at $37.  Not sure that is right,  30% off for buying two add ons. And 20% off with the banner?  Is that right? I hate trying to figure this crap out.

134.95 * (1 - 0.3) * (1 - 0.3) * (1 - 0.2) * (1 - 0.3) = 37.03$ for 30% intro discount + 30% extra for 2 add-ons + 20% green banner + 30% PC discount

@Leana - thank you!  I totally don't understand the math but I am glad someone does! There were actually two Pro bundles that I did not have any items from and one of them is on my wishlist, so I think I am going to go ahead and get what I have in the cart.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160
    edited April 2018

The offer on Edie was excellent for me. I paid just over $53 for a total of 36 products (counting all the individual items in the pro bundles). As worked out by Novica, I then spent both my PC vouchers on two more purchase sessions. As a result I've very little budget left and a huge download list. This will keep me busy for ages :-)

Because I couldn't wait for my dowloads to complete before trying out Edie (and I'm still downloading hours later!), I popped hair and wardrobe onto her from my runtime.

Here is Edie 8 with the HD add on, paired with Paisley Hair and wearing Accents Fall. It's just the head and shoulders shot using Pro Studio HR. I loved Edie from the moment I saw her and I can see her being a very useful addition to my Daz portfolio. She looks just like someone I'd bump into in the village shop smiley.  She's straight out of the box and I haven't given her any real love in setting up this render so I'm looking forward to playing with the new outfits and hair. Also, I'm looking foward to see what everyone else does with her.

SaveSave

18 04 24 Edie test with Paisley hair.jpg
    800 x 800 - 630K
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
This discussion has been closed.