The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited February 2018
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

outfits for winged dudes is a tricky thing 

they'll be chilly wearing just butt floss thongs

Winged dudes have to suffer so much.  I think winged chicks have less skimpware, oddly enough.  Feathers are good insulation but not if they're only on your wings...

Without them, the wings would be a major heat loser.
    Think surface-area-to-volume.
    The most efficient for heat retention is spherical, or at least ovoid.
    But I still want my berries covered when it's cold.

Edited to add: And at most other times as well.

Post edited by Petercat on
  • mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335

Hello all! I'm posting here because I really didn't know where else to post it. And this thread in it's never ending incarnations seemed as approripate as any.

I just want to say thank you to Daz and the community. In a recent render, I was admiriring the details in the knee joints and ankles, and rib cage, and the even the neck muscles of the models and I thought, "Wow! Daz puts so much effort in to these models it's quite amazing!" This is really the most accessible and affordible hobby I can imagine. And thanks to the community there is so much information available, I'm always happy to come here. (Even though I complain a lot.)  And the community's free flow of information makes learning to use the program really fun and enjoyable.

It's been about...10 years..oh my goodness! And I just wanted to say thanks to everyone!!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

midnight waffles  

warms tummy tumm 

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    Petercat said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

Winged dudes have to suffer so much.  I think winged chicks have less skimpware, oddly enough.  Feathers are good insulation but not if they're only on your wings...

Just remember, 'show balls' is actually a form of frostbite!!! :-O

Mistara said:

midnight waffles  

warms tummy tumm 

I'm having a cup of no sugar added hot cocoa.  Happiness time!

NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

midnight waffles  

warms tummy tumm 

smiley

Mistara said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

midnight waffles  

warms tummy tumm 

smiley

OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... :-)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,584
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

midnight waffles  

warms tummy tumm 

...a bottle of Bridgeport Multi Ball IPA from the brewery down the street here (8.1%)  6 packs at the brewery cost 2.50$ less (not including bottle deposit) than at the Safeway across the street from there.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,017
    NVIATWAS said:

I found a new show to watch -'Next Great Baker' - the winner gets a job at a world-class bakery and $100,000!  But the guy judging it all is a hard-a$$ and meaner than a honey badger with a thorn in its paw.  One of his little jokes is to make this dude wear rabbit pajamas, complete with ears, during an entire cake-making challenge!  It's hilarious but super mean, it's hot in the thing and the ears get in the way. Ouch!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705
    Petercat said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

What about the bat/dragon like wings?

I do not have any berries so I cannot cover them.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,176
    edited February 2018
    magnumdaz said:

Hello all! I'm posting here because I really didn't know where else to post it. And this thread in it's never ending incarnations seemed as approripate as any.

I just want to say thank you to Daz and the community. In a recent render, I was admiriring the details in the knee joints and ankles, and rib cage, and the even the neck muscles of the models and I thought, "Wow! Daz puts so much effort in to these models it's quite amazing!" This is really the most accessible and affordible hobby I can imagine. And thanks to the community there is so much information available, I'm always happy to come here. (Even though I complain a lot.)  And the community's free flow of information makes learning to use the program really fun and enjoyable.

It's been about...10 years..oh my goodness! And I just wanted to say thanks to everyone!!

Hello.  I'm sure the praise is appreciated. smiley

But as for the appropriateness of this thread, I'm not sure.   This is, after all, labeled a "complaint" thread, but has evolved into a thread for a few crazy bored people with no life. surprise Your kind comments might get more viewership in a thread of their own, proclaiming in the title your appreciation of DAZ models.  The contents of this thread whiz by so rapidly that what is said this morning will be on the 2nd page by tomorrow.  Not because there are so many contributors, but because the few contributors here have a lot of nothing worthwhile to say.  One can hope that there might be a lot of readers of this thread but that's difficult to say because most of them are sane enough, busy enough, intimidated enough or disgusted enough to not admit that they glance at the nonsense here. indecision

You are however, welcome to join the asylum. enlightened 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Hey I have a life, I think?

• Hey I have a life, I think?

I think, I think I am.  Therefore I am.  I think.

Of course you are my practical star. ...  It riles them to believe you perceive the web they weave. ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AukFsBv2oDY

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,017

Of course you are my practical star. ...  It riles them to believe you perceive the web they weave. ...

I thought it was "bright little star".(shrug)

pancake recipe is asking for unsalted butter, then 1/4 tsp of salt

why not just use salted butter?

Pancake Recipe:

1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons (7 grams) baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons (28 grams) granulated white sugar

1 large egg, lightly beaten

1 cup (240 ml) milk

2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter, melted

Plus extra melted butter for pan.

edited February 2018

...well it's Stuporbowl Sunday.  I'm sure all the pubs here have geared up for the big game and hours of pre game fluff preceding it.  Yeah the networks involved they'll trundle out the old footage of games past again along with halftime silliness like the dancing footballs (AFL-NFL Championship #1) and the infamous "Wardrobe Malfunction". Fattening salty snacks will be served free of charge of course requiring lots of beer to wash them down.  Loud rowdy patrons cheering for a team that's 2,500 miles away from here in because "Its Football, It's the Superbowl!". If I had a dog in the fight (like Green Bay, Kansas City, or New Orleans areas I lived in for a significant amount of time) yeah I'd go watch it but not at some "Sports Pub" with a gazillion flat screens all tuned to the same game, free hot wings that give me indigestion, and most patrons wearing one of the game participant's jerseys along with other regalia, faces painted with a team logo or in team colours as if going off to an ancient battle, even if they never lived in either city.

It's nothing but a bloody sport, but here it gets a holiday status that even rivals other holidays.  Teams owned by billionaires (save one, but they didn't even make the playoffs), with players who are millionaires, and adverts by big corporations that cost 5$ million per 30 seconds of airtime (which would set any of us up pretty well for life) most of which will be telling you that you need this new car. or why your doctor needs to prescribe this medication, or that drinking this cheap swill will get you lots of good looking young friends. 

Then there's the aftermath, the mess that those poor underpaid (hopefully at least well tipped) staff will have to contend with like food and beer spilled on the floor, broken glasses, leftovers left behind, and the aftermath of at least one patron's bad experience with to many of those hot wings and too much of that cheap beer.  Outside people who imbibed just a little too much getting behind the controls of a 2,000 pound semi guided missile, either joyous in victory or disgruntled in defeat, or just too too brain dead from all the beer and food consumed to remember.  The next morning walking into work hungover, downing cup after cup of coffee along with a handful of aspirin just to stay focused and dull the pounding in their heads, or waking up in the drunk tank still wearing their jersey cap and now smeared face paint. 

For the two cities who's teams participated, there will be civil unrest perpetrated by inebriated fans, either in celebration of winning, or out of disappointment for losing which will cost the city as well as local residents money for cleanup and repairs.

All because of a game.

A week after the "victory parade for the winning team, all is forgotten for another year, save for some the pain and bruises from attempting to jump up on a car and failing and medical bills for the stitches and cast, or summons to court for vandalism, DUI, or creating a public nuisance.

Now imagine all this dedication, enthusiasm, and energy being directed towards something more meaningful, we literally could "move mountains".

Post edited by kyoto kid on

is it superbowl already?

the infamous janet jackson incident

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,176
    edited February 2018
    Tjohn said:

I thought it was "bright little star".(shrug)

Hmmm... Apparently it is! surprise  It's only taken me 49 years to learn that. frown  We hear what we want to hear. indecision  And besides, when I first heard that, my brain was in a chemically augmented condition where reality was visibly and aurally an illusion.  But I remember it well, laying in the narrow space between a bed and the wall, with headphones on, in a college friend's dorm room listening for the first time to something that he said would complement my augmented situation. indecision  It was the beginning of my true journey. yes

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

midnight waffles  

warms tummy tumm 

...a bottle of Bridgeport Multi Ball IPA from the brewery down the street here (8.1%)  6 packs at the brewery cost 2.50$ less (not including bottle deposit) than at the Safeway across the street from there.

Niiiiiiiice.  No beer money here so no beer. :-(

I yam what I yam.

kyoto kid said:

...well it's Stuporbowl Sunday.  I'm sure all the pubs here have geared up for the big game and hours of pre game fluff preceding it.  Yeah the networks involved they'll trundle out the old footage of games past again along with halftime silliness like the dancing footballs (AFL-NFL Championship #1) and the infamous "Wardrobe Malfunction". Fattening salty snacks will be served free of charge of course requiring lots of beer to wash them down.  Loud rowdy patrons cheering for a team that's 2,500 miles away from here in because "Its Football, It's the Superbowl!". If I had a dog in the fight (like Green Bay, Kansas City, or New Orleans areas I lived in for a significant amount of time) yeah I'd go watch it but not at some "Sports Pub" with a gazillion flat screens all tuned to the same game, free hot wings that give me indigestion, and most patrons wearing one of the game participant's jerseys along with other regalia, faces painted with a team logo or in team colours as if going off to an ancient battle, even if they never lived in either city.

It's nothing but a bloody sport, but here it gets a holiday status that even rivals other holidays.  Teams owned by billionaires (save one, but they didn't even make the playoffs), with players who are millionaires, and adverts by big corporations that cost 5$ million per 30 seconds of airtime (which would set any of us up pretty well for life) most of which will be telling you that you need this new car. or why your doctor needs to prescribe this medication, or that drinking this cheap swill will get you lots of good looking young friends. 

Then there's the aftermath, the mess that those poor underpaid (hopefully at least well tipped) staff will have to contend with like food and beer spilled on the floor, broken glasses, leftovers left behind, and the aftermath of at least one patron's bad experience with to many of those hot wings and too much of that cheap beer.  Outside people who imbibed just a little too much getting behind the controls of a 2,000 pound semi guided missile, either joyous in victory or disgruntled in defeat, or just too too brain dead from all the beer and food consumed to remember.  The next morning walking into work hungover, downing cup after cup of coffee along with a handful of aspirin just to stay focused and dull the pounding in their heads, or waking up in the drunk tank still wearing their jersey cap and now smeared face paint. 

For the two cities who's teams participated, there will be civil unrest perpetrated by inebriated fans, either in celebration of winning, or out of disappointment for losing which will cost the city as well as local residents money for cleanup and repairs.

All because of a game.

A week after the "victory parade for the winning team, all is forgotten for another year, save for some the pain and bruises from attempting to jump up on a car and failing and medical bills for the stitches and cast, or summons to court for vandalism, DUI, or creating a public nuisance.

Now imagine all this dedication, enthusiasm, and energy being directed towards something more meaningful, we literally could "move mountains".

This is why I'm watching it on CBS sports streaming.

Mistara said:

is it superbowl already?

the infamous janet jackson incident

Janet has nice... piercings... :-|

...I'll be checking ESPN for score updates but that is about it.

Super Bowl Sunday!  Fridge full of pizza rolls, chili dog fixings, and the last of the no sugar added ice cream.

None of my teams are playing (Ravens, Texans, Cowboys) but I'm hoping the Eagles spoil Brady's pretty record.  That makes the game interesting for me.

Hours of pre-game show.  Hours and hours.  Thankfully every so often they have live music performances to break up Jurassic footage and talking heads.  Even the commercials are kind of boring. :-|

At least I'll eat well....

gpu card fans are noisy.  need 2 pcs on for node rendering, thaz 4 gpu fans, 2 cpu fans 2 powersupply fans

moving it all to my non-sleeping room, means moving bookshelves crying

...are they Eagles or Patriots fans? wink

kyoto kid said:

lolll

I do not like patriots, but not a fan of eagles.

batch unzipping all the zip files at once is a beautiful thing,

unless is a mix of poser and ds files

textures folder all lumped together   oww oww

thank goodness unzipped tio a temp folder

kyoto kid said:

Boooooooooooooooooooooo! :-P

This discussion has been closed.