The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242

Well, my interest in the Super Bowl lasted 1 quarter, then I stopped caring.  Went back to watching cooking competitions, way more interesting.  Most interesting part of the game was watching JJ Watt get the Walter Peyton Man of the Year award, which he really deserved.

If the Ravens, Texans or Cowboys were playing I'd have watched it all, but ho hum.  More fun watching people make six foot tall moving cakes! :-|

OMG

Soooo stuffed! in 4 hours: 20 pizza rolls and 4 chili dog burritos!  I'm too stuffed to eat my ice cream, going to have to wait an hour.

Still have franks, tortilla, pizza rolls and chili left over.  No starving for the next few daya, and no fancy cooking as I have 4 serving of pre-cooked beef and bean dishes.  I can focus on flooding Craigslist qith small things and prepping my music gear for sale.

Going to create one or two last pieces using pure composition, not actually performing anything in.  I've already set up a SoundCloud site for them, will post the links when the music is done.

Hopefully I'll sell enough gear to afford a couple of sixes of really good beer, there are some local Winter ales I'm dying to try (not literally of course). :-|

ps. FLY EAGLES FLY!!! Time to retire, Brady!!! :-P

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

I also ate too much.  Two meatball subs, a sausage, and I lost count of the beers.  Thought the commercials were disappointing this year, on the whole.

Fly, Eagles, Fly.

I'd go outside and cause a ruckus, but it is cold, raining, and I just want to go to sleep.

Diomede said:

I also ate too much.  Two meatball subs, a sausage, and I lost count of the beers.  Thought the commercials were disappointing this year, on the whole.

Fly, Eagles, Fly.

I'd go outside and cause a ruckus, but it is cold, raining, and I just want to go to sleep.

Definitely sounds like a fun evening, just celebrate indoors and crash out!!!! Sounds like food coma time... :-O

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    Petercat said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

outfits for winged dudes is a tricky thing 

they'll be chilly wearing just butt floss thongs

Winged dudes have to suffer so much.  I think winged chicks have less skimpware, oddly enough.  Feathers are good insulation but not if they're only on your wings...

Without them, the wings would be a major heat loser.
    Think surface-area-to-volume.
    The most efficient for heat retention is spherical, or at least ovoid.
    But I still want my berries covered when it's cold.

Edited to add: And at most other times as well.

What about the bat/dragon like wings?

I do not have any berries so I cannot cover them.

If they have circulation, like veins and arteries, yes. Heat loss.
    Aren't you married? If he has 'em, you own 'em.
    Or, as I heard it explained once, woman-to-man,
    "What's mine is mine, what's yours is negotiable".

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,585
    edited February 2018

..well decided to get out and go to my usual local watering hole.  Nice and quiet there, they had the game on but no obnoxious fans of either team present.  Nice to see the underdog win for a change. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

having to re d/l bunch of zips, extract fails  'plaint

the santa honey outfit is 533mb.  how is an outfit so many mb?

..textures?

kyoto kid said:

..well decided to get out and go to my usual local watering hole.  Nice and quiet there, they had the game on but no obnoxious fans of either team present.  Nice to see the underdog win for a change. 

Sounds like a wonderful evening!

Mistara said:

having to re d/l bunch of zips, extract fails  'plaint

Ugh, that blows! :-(

Bedtime finally. Ugh.  Much to do later today.  Ugh.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705
    Petercat said:
    Petercat said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

outfits for winged dudes is a tricky thing 

they'll be chilly wearing just butt floss thongs

Winged dudes have to suffer so much.  I think winged chicks have less skimpware, oddly enough.  Feathers are good insulation but not if they're only on your wings...

Without them, the wings would be a major heat loser.
    Think surface-area-to-volume.
    The most efficient for heat retention is spherical, or at least ovoid.
    But I still want my berries covered when it's cold.

Edited to add: And at most other times as well.

What about the bat/dragon like wings?

I do not have any berries so I cannot cover them.

If they have circulation, like veins and arteries, yes. Heat loss.
    Aren't you married? If he has 'em, you own 'em.
    Or, as I heard it explained once, woman-to-man,
    "What's mine is mine, what's yours is negotiable".

No I am single.  

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705

I find it so hard to draw from photo reference but when I want to draw a celebrity I cannot draw from real life.  Hey *favorite celebrity’s name* can you meet me at *name of mall I work at* so I can draw your face before work?  Most likely I get a no and if I do get a yes I am unlikely to draw well because said celebrity is going to see my drawing after I am finished with it.  Of course celebrities are regular people but with a little more money and a little more fame.  I want to meet with said celebrity but who am I?  

Of course having celebrity come over to my house so I can take high resolution photos of that person in a swimsuit would fly well like a lead balloon.  Of course the problems are numerous.  I need a camera (not a camera in a phone).  I need to talk to celebrity to set it up and get a release form signed so I can know what I can or cannot do with my photos.  I guess I would have to explain Genesis and my desire to have a 3D clone of celebrity.  I would not be able to do nude photos but swimsuit might be pushing it for house rules.  The sun room lighting might not be good.  Might have restrictions on character done with photos.  Definitely probably cannot do “complete” character as the swimsuit restrictions cause some areas not to be photographed.

so lookin forward to a hot cuppa tea, but too hot to sippss yet

mann, how long it takes em to send out those tax refunds

is it time for the groundhog?  whats the winter prognosis?

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. A few trivial complaints; fruitbats dropped half eaten fruit everywhere and made a stinky mess in our garden; salt water has been eating my favourite scruffy clothes; upside-down sunburn looks weird when everyone else’s sunburn is right side up; seagulls are noisy but parrots are noisier and somehow more annoying; our PVR seems to have recorded 122 episodes of The Good Wife in a week. Those are my complaints nao. Not complaint: no place like home ;)

Mistara said:

so lookin forward to a hot cuppa tea, but too hot to sippss yet

is it time for the groundhog?  whats the winter prognosis?

Temperature rising again here :0

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,176
    edited February 2018

Complaint:  I'm in the midst of trying to find out what happened to the items I bought at an on-line auction back in mid-December.  Got a great deal on items in a "No Reserve" auction.  The auction was late at night and nobody else was bidding so I won 5 lots for a total of $11 but when I received the invoice they'd added tax of a little over $1.  OK, I expected that.  But then I saw that shipping was $500  WTF?  So, I complained and they sent out another invoice (but same invoice number) where the shipping had been reduced to $100.  Well, not happy but since I got a great deal on the items (flawed and chipped previously owned gemstones) I figured that about $20 per stone wasn't a bad deal so I used PayPal to pay for them and expected them within a couple weeks (probably shipped from overseas).  Then I get a message that since it was so close to Christmas the shop would be closed for the holidays but items would be shipped afterwards, was that OK with me?  I said yes.  So during the first week of January I called and asked about the status of my items and was told that the seller's shop wouldn't be open until Jan 10th.  Grrr... not happy, but OK, I'll wait.  I waited, and waited until yesterday and still have not received my items or even notice that they have been shipped.  So I finally sat down and wrote an actual (on paper) firm, polite and illuminating letter listing my greivances and the sequence of events, and mailed it "Return Receipt Requested".   The PayPal transfer has been posted so they have my money, I either want my items or I want my money back.   However, I'm beginning to think I've been screwed.  sadno

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    Mistara said:

I get direct deposit.  Last year the fed refund came in about a week from filing.

Dana

ps1borg said:

our PVR seems to have recorded 122 episodes of The Good Wife in a week. 

Must have been a marathon!  (watch-a-thon?)

Dana

Complaint:  I'm in the midst of trying to find out what happened to the items I bought at an on-line auction back in mid-December.  Got a great deal on items in a "No Reserve" auction.  The auction was late at night and nobody else was bidding so I won 5 lots for a total of $11 but when I received the invoice they'd added tax of a little over $1.  OK, I expected that.  But then I saw that shipping was $500  WTF?  So, I complained and they sent out another invoice (but same invoice number) where the shipping had been reduced to $100.  Well, not happy but since I got a great deal on the items (flawed and chipped previously owned gemstones) I figured that about $20 per stone wasn't a bad deal so I used PayPal to pay for them and expected them within a couple weeks (probably shipped from overseas).  Then I get a message that since it was so close to Christmas the shop would be closed for the holidays but items would be shipped afterwards, was that OK with me?  I said yes.  So during the first week of January I called and asked about the status of my items and was told that the seller's shop wouldn't be open until Jan 10th.  Grrr... not happy, but OK, I'll wait.  I waited, and waited until yesterday and still have not received my items or even notice that they have been shipped.  So I finally sat down and wrote an actual (on paper) firm, polite and illuminating letter listing my greivances and the sequence of events, and mailed it "Return Receipt Requested".   The PayPal transfer has been posted so they have my money, I either want my items or I want my money back.   However, I'm beginning to think I've been screwed.  sadno

If you have saved your correspondence, PayPal should be able to deal with this.  I'd contact them and tell them all the details.

Dana

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,176
    edited February 2018
    DanaTA said:

If you have saved your correspondence, PayPal should be able to deal with this.  I'd contact them and tell them all the details.

Dana

Thanks,  I hadn't thought that far ahead yet, but it's a possibility.  I'll see what comes of this letter I just sent.

The stones I bought are not great treasures.  I have a small collection of minerals, rocks, loose gems, and semi-precious gemstone figurines and I just wanted examples of these type stones.  Yeah, one can pay oodles of cash for perfect stones but flawed stones aren't anything special. 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

...sad

ps1borg said:

Morning. A few trivial complaints; fruitbats dropped half eaten fruit everywhere and made a stinky mess in our garden; salt water has been eating my favourite scruffy clothes; upside-down sunburn looks weird when everyone else’s sunburn is right side up; seagulls are noisy but parrots are noisier and somehow more annoying; our PVR seems to have recorded 122 episodes of The Good Wife in a week. Those are my complaints nao. Not complaint: no place like home ;)

parots say anything?
    scold the bats? 

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

the good wife sounds like it's horror 

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Lucky the PVR has a big drive I guess, also guessing each ep is around 42 minutes without ads so don’t think I’ll be watching 85 hours of TV drama  anytime soon. Oh is a lawyer show produced by CBS....meh am the only person in my family who isn’t a lawyer so better not hit delete :0

kyoto kid said:

...sad

sucks big time

formatting usb drive, hopin to get a 2nd life out of it, takin forEVerrr

carrara physics, so kewl  if only knew how to do a slinky

DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:

I get direct deposit.  Last year the fed refund came in about a week from filing.

Dana

any day now then  zippitydooda

have my finger on the mouse for 8-core compy dreamin
    ready to render carrara animations  tee hee whee

This discussion has been closed.