The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571

...used to work in a warehouse environment.  What climate control?  Imagine sitting at your desk, it's in the 40s inside, and having to enter data on a computer.  Or on a cold day working at a metal table while standing on a concrete floor for a couple hours at a time doing product/kit assembly that requires a good amount of dexterity.

It's a wonder I lasted there as long as I did with my arthritis (and I wonder if the conditions we had to work in were not contributory to why it got so bad before they let me go).

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    edited January 2018
    NVIATWAS said:

The flu is just as bad as you can imagine:

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/health/flu-surveillance-cdc/index.html

Everyone stay healthy!!!!!

2:30pm, bedtime ssnzzzzz....

I don't think I have the flu, just a plain old cold.  It's going through all my typical phases of cold infection.  I'm at the stuffy head, fever, greenish phlegm in throat & nose stage now.  Having been through the drippy nose, aches, pains & blahs stage during the last two days.  And my back problems were just old age and are pretty much gone now.  Depleting my stock of chicken noodle soup.

Oooooh, coughing up veridian phlem!  Next  it's oozing pustulent green ichor!!! How Lovecraftian!!!

Post edited by NVIATWAS on
    DanaTA said:

Complaint: Snow totals that were expected to be less than an inch have suddenly increased to 2 to 4 inches. Nobody here is really prepard to handle this amount. Two weeks ago when we got that much we were "snowed in" for almost 5 days

Diane went to work, out of state, this morning...even though we're expecting 2 to 4 inches, and it started around 4:30 am, as far as I know.

Dana

Three requirements for Winter travel: space blanket, self-heating soup, and a flare gun!

A lovely 30f in Austin tonight.  The forecast says upper 60s to low 70s later this week, we'll see about that.

Recvering nicel, all muscles are now fully operational but I still get tired quickly.  Feh.

The green bean and bab carrts with balasmic vinerarette came out great! The vinegarette cut the sweetness of the carrots and added bite to the green beans.  Also cooked my first steamed stuffing in the air fryer, all in all successful - just more butter next time.

This episode of The Amazing Race has hippys, a goth couple, and married lesbian ministers.  Isn't diversity great? I'm cheering for the goth couple, since I used to be very goffy. Imagine me as a mopey goth! OMG!!!!!

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

We were kinda lucky that most of the icy stuff missed Corpus, so while it was 28 degrees this morning, the roads were nice and clear.  But man, oh man, was it cold at work.  Building was 55 degrees when we got it.  Barely got over 63 before we left for the day. 

104 right now in the shade & there is a real hot north windblowing :)

Mistara said:
    ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:

wahhh nooo.  actually snow not sticking much, will be mucho icy.

6:00 AM

THU

Clear 19°

Hot here. Hot hot hot. Will be hotter later on as well.

lorakeets still droopy? smiley

Hardly anything stirring @1600 even freeway traffic is more snore than roar, think there is some problem with roads melting :0

edited January 2018

...some stations in your area are reporting 111°.  That's twice as hot as what it is where I am.  Going to drop back into the 40s for highs and 30s for lows again here. after a few fairly mild days where it almost reached 60°.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

...some stations in your area are reporting 111°.  That's twice as hot as what it is where I am.  Going to drop back into the 40s for highs and 30s for lows again here. after a few fairly mild days where it almost reached 60°.

Middle of summer here, sharks at the local beach and all. There are huge crowds of oddly dressed ppl here for the tennis as well :)

Maybe the oddly dressed people will be eaten by the sharks after cooking in the heat! :-O

Bloody 28f here, thankfull th air fryer keeps the room toasty so I can close my heater vent and help keep the rest of the house warm.  Just finished a chicken alfredo sandwich, next up, cheddar brawurst sammich and hot jasmine green tea!!!

...been reworking an old scene in 3DL with IBL Master.  Been a while since I worked in with the old engine, but getting back into the swing of it.  I really am enjoying the faster render times and IBL master produces excellent GI that riveals UE and I think, in some cases, even gives Iray a run for its money.  Yeah physical based lighting looks more "real", and emissive lights are cool and simple to use, until you realise the more you use them the more they slog your render times down something (I've yet to have a scene with Stonemason's Urban Future 5 to render clean after running all night).

Here's where I'm at so far:

Bus stop HDR city.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 1M
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

I just saw in the news that, on the tennis court at the Australian Open today, the temperature was over 150 F, maybe as high as 158 F (70 C was reported). That's a little too warm.

...I'm surprised the players shoes were not sinking into the court surface after seeing what happened to roads the other week.

• "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..."

stop doing this when I purposefully force close something holy crap that was a user action not an error

• kyoto kid said:

...I'm surprised the players shoes were not sinking into the court surface after seeing what happened to roads the other week.

That would be an advantage of clay surfaced courts.  Instead of sinking in to boiling ooze, you hot foot it around the griddle top. indecision

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited January 2018

Complaint:  Miserable night.  Woke up about every half hour to blow my nose and pee.  (In my grogginess I tried, mostly successfully, not to get the two mixed up.)  This morning my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton and my throat gargles spontaneously now and then, just before I expel the Blob That Ate Cincinatti. frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

Complaint: What was supposed to be 1 to 2 inches of snow is now 6 to 8 inches of the powdery white stuff with ice underneath. And I'm snowed in AGAIN!

I just saw in the news that, on the tennis court at the Australian Open today, the temperature was over 150 F, maybe as high as 158 F (70 C was reported). That's a little too warm.

I'm surprised they didn't end up with melted balls!!! :-O

Complaint:  Miserable night.  Woke up about every half hour to blow my nose and pee.  (In my grogginess I tried, mostly successfully, not to get the two mixed up.)  This morning my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton and my throat gargles spontaneously now and then, just before I expel the Blob That Ate Cincinatti. frown

Feel better soonest, and watch out for Steve McQueen!!! :=P

Complaint: What was supposed to be 1 to 2 inches of snow is now 6 to 8 inches of the powdery white stuff with ice underneath. And I'm snowed in AGAIN!

It doesn't get more complaint-worth than that! FROZEN WATER FROM THE SKY!!! :-O

Complaint: it's 8:07am, I've been up all night and I' bloody wide awake.  However, I fif leep until about 5"00pm yesterday.  Ugh, enter vampire mode...

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    kyoto kid said:

...been reworking an old scene in 3DL with IBL Master.  Been a while since I worked in with the old engine, but getting back into the swing of it.  I really am enjoying the faster render times and IBL master produces excellent GI that riveals UE and I think, in some cases, even gives Iray a run for its money.  Yeah physical based lighting looks more "real", and emissive lights are cool and simple to use, until you realise the more you use them the more they slog your render times down something (I've yet to have a scene with Stonemason's Urban Future 5 to render clean after running all night).

Here's where I'm at so far:

i rememer this render smiley

ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

Middle of summer here, sharks at the local beach and all. There are huge crowds of oddly dressed ppl here for the tennis as well :)

hot tennis, like hot yoga? smiley

complainnnt  e filed my tax return yesterday, but uncle sam not accepting til the 29th

• NVIATWAS said:

Feel better soonest, and watch out for Steve McQueen!!! :=P

I think I saw him come out in the last glob. yes

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    NVIATWAS said:

Complaint: it's 8:07am, I've been up all night and I' bloody wide awake.  However, I fif leep until about 5"00pm yesterday.  Ugh, enter vampire mode...

How does one "fif leep"?   frown

Dana

soo tired of the coooold 

remember luke and laura?  JR?

cel phones hav changed everything
    no phone booths for superman.
    don't need a bat signal in the sky for batman, 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    Mistara said:

soo tired of the coooold 

remember luke and laura?  JR?

cel phones hav changed everything
    no phone booths for superman.
    don't need a bat signal in the sky for batman, 

I remember Luke and Laura  (assuming we are talking about the same Luke and Laura?)   I think.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

I went to sourceforge and found an advertisement for a place called Daz3D.  It says lifelike models.   hmmm looks interesting.  I bet the software is free but the content is not.   Ooh that is such a trap.

Dazadvertisement.png
    853 x 200 - 132K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

I went to sourceforge and found an advertisement for a place called Daz3D.  It says lifelike models.   hmmm looks interesting.  I bet the software is free but the content is not.   Ooh that is such a trap.

cheeky

Dana

...could you aim the next one east and slightly south of Balimore please?

This discussion has been closed.