New Product Library! Replaces Itemized/Downloadables Has Product Pages and Search!

Comments

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I'm on a mac in safari - so obviously this isn't working properly.

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited April 2013

The filter box accepts a search term-I used one from a visible product just below. But the filter button doesn't work

the sort button doesn't work

the date button doesn't work

I cannot go to any other page.

I have refreshed, logged out, rebooted relogged.

added: I use Windows 9 Browser

Post edited by IceScribe on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Some people have found that clearing Cache and History on their browsers is solving some of the glitches they have had.

Most people are having no trouble.

edited April 2013

Yes, did all that. Logged out, cleared, refreshed, cleaned and dusted, LOL! Still can't move to another page number.

Here's what I notice: I can see the outline of the next page number change slightly when I put the cursor over it and also with others. I can see the little hand cursor.
    There is no clicking. If I enter a filter term of a product I can see there is no "enter" nor click on filter. Clear does not click and doesn't clear the term. No sorting.

Howver, if I right click on the page and choose "refresh" the page refreshes and clears the search term.

If I click on a product, it will open the download page. The links from the selected product work, I can download it, and I can go to the product page.

Just can't get the buttons to work in the Products Library otherwise.

Post edited by IceScribe on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited April 2013

..OK, finally have the DIM working

...well...sort of as it is missing a number of items I know I have purchased like:

LightDome Pro
    LightDome Pro2
    All the Poseworks plugins
    1960s Motor Scooter

...just to name a few.

If it cannot pull in the full itemised history, then it is a flawed piece of software and not to be trusted for recovering one's downloads. This is effectively cheating me out of items I paid my hard earned Zlotys for.

...and it won't even dump to an Excel Spreadsheet.

Taozen's History Manager still has it beat as it captured EVERYTHING and it created a full spreadsheet of one's entire purchase history to boot.

Unfortunately that was hosed by the new "buggered" Content Library.

Why do you keep making it more and more difficult for us to do business with your company?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..OK, finally have the DIM working

...well...sort of as it is missing a number of items I know I have purchased like:

LightDome Pro
    LightDome Pro2
    All the Poseworks plugins
    1960s Motor Scooter

...just to name a few.

If it cannot pull in the full itemised history, then it is a flawed piece of software and not to be trusted for recovering one's downloads. This is effectively cheating me out of items I paid my hard earned Zlotys for.

...and it won't even dump to an Excel Spreadsheet.

Taozen's History Manager still has it beat as it captured EVERYTHING and it created a full spreadsheet of one's entire purchase history to boot.

Unfortunately that was hosed by the new "buggered" Content Library.

Why do you keep making it more and more difficult for us to do business with your company?

Glad you got it working. Congrats for persistence!

Not all files are done yet. And most plugins aren't included (I assume the ones that need special processing on install). I hand installed the Poseworks shaders. I didn't bother with the Lightdomes because, AFAIK, they don't work in Studio 4.5.

You will find a lot of goodies hidden under a right-click over various sections. Right-click in the Ready to Download section and there's an entry to export Selected to CSV.

Right-click over an Installed item and it will give you a list of installed items in the zip as well as a direct link to the folder(s).

Just don't right-click in any of the Status columns unless you want to do the action since it's treated the same as a left-click there.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited April 2013

...hopefully they will get the plugins situation resolved.

I still use LDP2 and Azure Skies as I like the quality it gives to scenes (which is why I have 3Advanced installed as well).

Generated an updated Excel sheet for the RRRR Challenge however, even with just the Daz 3and 4.5 filters, still get a lot of duplicate entries for "Legacy", "Ps" and "StudioCF" components. I wish there was a way to generate this from the individual product name list like the History Manager did, as in this form, it is going to require a tonne of manual editing to delete all the duplicate entries.

...and after eleven months they still haven't fixed this fraggin' timeout rubbish on the forums. Was sent to the login page after clicking on "Submit" and sent to my account page afterwards instead of returned to the thread. Also, the only login page I keep getting when this occurs is for the store, not the forums.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • NetjeraNetjera Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

This has been really cool so far. I just downloaded everything the DIM picked up, and it wasn't everything (by a long shot). I have all the options checked so nothing is filtered, and it's still missing a large number of legacy products. (I know it purposely doesn't download the Bryce or Carrara stuff, though I'm not sure the logic behind that.. they ARE Daz products, and a lot of items can be cross-used between the programs, but oh well.)

This has enabled me to go down the list, cull product pictures (even for old products) to drop into the download files so I know what things are, and meanwhile, I can compare to what was downloaded, and find and download everything I've missed.

So, that brings me to one question, if anybody knows the answer:

I'm assuming the file marked DIM is the one the download manager will recognize when you go to install stuff. However, if I download the DIM file do I also need to download the metadata file? (I'm assuming I don't need the .exe's or anything else.)

Thanks!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Netjera said:
    (I know it purposely doesn't download the Bryce or Carrara stuff, though I'm not sure the logic behind that.. they ARE Daz products, and a lot of items can be cross-used between the programs, but oh well.)

DS and Poser allow external content folders, so you can install content anywhere you like, but Bryce and Carrara content needs to be installed to specific subfolders of the application folder. From the change log, that (which is also an issue for plugins, Photoshop brushes, etc.) is something they're currently working on.

I'm assuming the file marked DIM is the one the download manager will recognize when you go to install stuff. However, if I download the DIM file do I also need to download the metadata file? (I'm assuming I don't need the .exe's or anything else.)

No, the metadata is included in the DIM zip files.

• edited December 1969

Ok how do you download the stuff. The by order date button is grayed out and doesn't seem to work. Since I just purchased the David Pro Bundle how am I to filter? Opening two windows one on the order list and then searching one by one is a little annoying.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Maybe I"m not reading this right- but if you mean how to download from the Product Library, type in the name of the product in the search and when the page comes up, the downloads will be at the bottom of the page. If you're talking DIM I haven't a clue as I don't use it.
    Cathie

edited December 1969

This is what a bundle looks like in the Product Library, in case you haven't purchased any yet.

bundle.jpg
    1873 x 1362 - 259K
  • edited December 1969

I know what it is supposed to look like but all the keys are grayed out and don't function . Including the ones to scroll through the page numbers. I type in the product name and the damn thing sits and and spins.

edited December 1969

Try the tried and true- 1. go to another page (go shopping) 2. log out 3. log in 4. then go back to My Account / Product Library. Whenever my page gets in a rut, if I leave that page and signout, then come back, it sometimes clears it up.
    Cathie

edited December 1969

What kinds of things do companion files have in them? For instance, the studio CF's?

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    What kinds of things do companion files have in them? For instance, the studio CF's?

StudioCF's have material settings to apply to the Poser files to make them look good in DS.

• borgtrekkerborgtrekker Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Based on the discussion here I have some questions about the files also...

I am strictly using DAZ 4.5 and have no plans on using Poser so do I always just download the DAZ Studio files or are there times for older software - Aiko 3 for instance - where I would need to download Legacy Files?
    What are Legacy files and when should they be downloaded in DAZ 4.5 if ever?
    Also what are PowerLoader files?

For instance when downloading and installing Victoria or Aiko there are normally 2 types of DAZ files showing for Windows that i can see in my product library - Base file and the PowerLoader file. Do both of these files get installed and if so does it matter which file is installed 1st?

Many thanks.

edited April 2013

I hope I'm right here, I'm going to TRY and answer this (but I haven't used the products yet.) If you are using the Genesis figure, there are products to adapt the older figures (Legacy is the generations before the Generation 4s, in case newbies don't know that) so I think you would NOT need the Legacy files for Genesis use if you are using those products. I'll come back with a sample link.

If you have this product, your A3 would be fitted for Genesis, so you don't need the Legacy as you could use the Genesis items. (Jump in here folks if I am wrong.)

EDIT: So this would get your Generation 3 figures to fit Genesis, so you would not need Legacy files
    http://www.daz3d.com/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

If you are strictly using the older figure, you would need the Legacy files.

Hope I got this right! (I'm trying, at least.)
    Cathie

Post edited by Novica on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Legacy files are for DS4.0.
    For older things you need Poser and DS companion, because they are coming in Poser format with just additional surface settings for DS.
    The PowerLoader files are for DazStudio when using Generation 4 models (V4, M4 and so on). They make the loading of their morphs nearly automatic, contrary to Poser, where you have to inject the morphs by hand.

edited April 2013

Kerya said:
    Legacy files are for DS4.0.
    For older things you need Poser and DS companion, because they are coming in Poser format with just additional surface settings for DS.
    The PowerLoader files are for DazStudio when using Generation 4 models (V4, M4 and so on). They make the loading of their morphs nearly automatic, contrary to Poser, where you have to inject the morphs by hand.

So saying that it is for pre-Generation 4 isn't correct for Legacy? I've read that a few places on the forums throughout the months. Appreciate your help :)

Post edited by Novica on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

As Kerya said, Legacy files are for the 4.0 version of Studio. I am guessing it may also be for other older versions as well, but that is just a guess.

So in other words if you are using Studio 4.5, Legacy files are not needed.

AFAIK there are morphs for using older generation figures in Genesis and Legacy has nothing to do with that.
    As I do not use the older generation figures, being that I joined just over a year ago, I can not say that as a fact about the morphs.

edited December 1969

Yes, Legacy means it's for older versions of DS (DS4 for triax-weightmapped items, DS3 & 4 (and sometimes DS2) for other items).

If an item has a StudioCF file, that means it requires the Poser version as well; if it just says DS it's stand-alone.

If you use DIM, just set your download filters to DS4.5 and you'll get the correct versions.

edited December 1969

Thanks for clariifying, everyone! :)
    Cathie

• borgtrekkerborgtrekker Posts: 112
    edited April 2013

(quote]EDIT: So this would get your Generation 3 figures to fit Genesis, so you would not need Legacy files
    http://www.daz3d.com/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

Aiko is the only Generation 3 character that I plan to use so if I want her to work with Genesis do I really need the combo listed above or should I use this one http://www.daz3d.com/a3-and-h3-shapes-for-genesis instead? If so I already have that one according to my Product Library - this is a great change to the My Account section...
    If so I would also like to add V4 - as I have purchased quite a few V4 items - to Genesis and I find this one as the one to use http://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis However being new at this I am unsure whether this is a good add on or not really necessary...

Many thanks for all of your responses they are most helpful:-)

Edit: sorry I didn't get the quote box right... Don't normally do these type of things so please bear with me...

Post edited by borgtrekker on
    edited December 1969

For autofitting clothing: Gen 4 is supported automatically; for Gen 3 you need the iconic shape for the figure to get the autofit clone for that figure.

For transferring morphs with GenX: Gen 4 you need the M4 and V4 iconic shapes; for Gen 3 you need the iconic shape and the GenX add-on as well.

For textures: Gen 4 textures on Genesis are supported automatically; for Gen 3 tetures you need to use a conversion program like Texture Converter 2 to convert them to Gen 4.

edited December 1969

And if you want to use the Gen 4 or Gen 3 figures themselves, as opposed to converting them to work on Genesis, you can just use those figures directly -- they still work in DS4.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Product Library seems to work great for me. :-) I'm not using DIM, have no intention of doing so. I'm still on DS3, and sometimes buy items for really OLD products. :red: Nice to see I can still get a download, even if it might be an exe file. I thought the idea was for everything to be converted to zip files? Did they nix that idea when DIM came out, or is a Daz Soon thing?

edited December 1969

Product Library seems to work great for me. :-) I'm not using DIM, have no intention of doing so. I'm still on DS3, and sometimes buy items for really OLD products. :red: Nice to see I can still get a download, even if it might be an exe file. I thought the idea was for everything to be converted to zip files? Did they nix that idea when DIM came out, or is a Daz Soon thing?

The versions tagged DIM are the zips.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Announcement here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20834_4/ shows in all forums.

edited December 1969

Looks like the page is working. I'm pleased to say that since my last post, I am now able to acess the previously inactive buttons and filters in the new Product Library, and I was very pleased by the search function.