New Product Library! Replaces Itemized/Downloadables Has Product Pages and Search!

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

What a surprize!!! Love the sort feature. Love the product info display. Love the information that an item was part of a bundle, click on bundle and there's the rest of one's downloads for the product if so desired.

Thank you :-)

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Noticed this when I checked the Frankie Bundle.

When I searched Frankie it showed me as having the the Bundle and the 2 items tha make up the Bundle. However, the download links for the Frankie Outfit still download the older version, even if you are download from clicking on Frankie Outfit. The outfit was update to 1.2, but the bundle didn't get updated . So it looks like it is displaying the links that are in the bundle an not the separate product. as you might think.

I do like the search function.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Just type the characters you want. Looking for Victoria Base I typed Vic. Now, saying this, the wildcard doesn't seem to work. (i.e Vic*). So I got several product names that contained the v-i-c letters (Service), but, all my "Victoria _____" products showed at the end of the MUCH shortened list, all grouped together. So it helps. I may inquire more about the wildcards to see if they are going to work as well.

Okay I see. It doesn't work the way it needs to. If I type an M, it will list every product that has an M in it, not just content that starts with an M. Hopefully they will eventually have a way to filter out everything but what starts with whatever letter you want.

They already do, use: name::rx::^M (replace the M with whatever letter you want)

One diffrance between the DIM filter syntax and the Product Library filter syntax is that you need to use 'name' to search the name field, DIM defualts to that so 'rx::^M' works.

Okay I tried this name::rx::^M and it did not work.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited April 2013

Ledhead said:

Strange. I just copied exactly what you have highlighted in green and pasted it to the Product Library and hit Filter and it worked for me

PL-M.jpg
    525 x 697 - 66K
    Post edited by Haruchai on
  • Lord MajesticLord Majestic Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:
    Just type the characters you want. Looking for Victoria Base I typed Vic. Now, saying this, the wildcard doesn't seem to work. (i.e Vic*). So I got several product names that contained the v-i-c letters (Service), but, all my "Victoria _____" products showed at the end of the MUCH shortened list, all grouped together. So it helps. I may inquire more about the wildcards to see if they are going to work as well.

Okay I see. It doesn't work the way it needs to. If I type an M, it will list every product that has an M in it, not just content that starts with an M. Hopefully they will eventually have a way to filter out everything but what starts with whatever letter you want.

They already do, use: name::rx::^M (replace the M with whatever letter you want)

One diffrance between the DIM filter syntax and the Product Library filter syntax is that you need to use 'name' to search the name field, DIM defualts to that so 'rx::^M' works.

Make sure you have no spaces before or after 'name::rx::^M', and what did you get when you tried?

edited December 1969

Just noticed this when I did the M test above. The M4 Bodysuit Unimesh fits are called - M4 Bodysuit Unimesh Fits - Elite (don't set live). Hmmmmm

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:

Make sure you have no spaces before or after 'name::rx::^M', and what did you get when you tried?

There were no spaces and it came up blank. If I take out the "^" (is that called a carat?) it shows everything that has an m in it.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I'm really liking it. Thank you, DAZ people.

edited December 1969

Haruchai said:
    Ledhead said:

Strange. I just copied exactly what you have highlighted in green and pasted it to the Product Library and hit Filter and it worked for me

What's really strange is I did the same thing, copy and pasted, and it worked, but does not work when I type it, Strange indeed.

edited April 2013

Ledhead said:
    There were no spaces and it came up blank. If I take out the "^" (is that called a carat?) it shows everything that has an m in it.

Well that's well strange, the '^' tells it to look at the begining of the string, rather than anywhere in it., so yeah removeing it would do as you say. Maybe it's a font issue on your computer, try typing the '^' if you copy/pasted it, or copy'paste it if you typed it.

EDIT: Cross post :), glad it worked in the end.

Post edited by Lord Majestic on
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Well that's well strange, the '^' tells it to look at the begining of the string, rather than anywhere in it., so yeah removeing it would do as you say. Maybe it's a font issue on your computer, try typing the '^' if you copy/pasted it, or copy'paste it if you typed it.

Oh, I see, it's case sensitive. I was using lower case when it wasn't working, but when I use upper case it works fine.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Oh, I see, it's case sensitive. I was using lower case when it wasn't working, but when I use upper case it works fine.

Glad you got to the bottom of it. Good to know about case sensitivity too for the future.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited April 2013

Kerya said:
    Smaller files is nice - but reducing from 5.64 MB + 6.78 MB to 591.98 KB???????????????????

No error, what you're seeing there is the effect of leaving out the executable self-extractor code that's been getting bigger and bigger (and bigger and bigger and...) with every version over the last ten years or so. It's been even worse for the Mac installers, they've had to include up to three versions of the code, I think ever since OSX first came out.

Okay, the new layout is... interesting. I notice a bunch of older goodies are labelled "inactive"; I assume these are the stuff now in the vault and no longer on sale, but we can still download if we bought it?

A few points:

1) WE NEED TO SEE MORE ITEMS PER PAGE!!!!1!!!!ELEVEN!!

1a) EASIER NAVIGATION!!!!! Having the numbered links only at the bottom means a lot of clicky-scrolly-clicky. And going click-clicky-clicky-etc through over a hundred pages of purchase history can get a bit much.

2) The link between the list on the left and the actual order where we bought it has been broken, we now have to click on the link in the page that comes up. Breaking down the list by order would be very useful.

3) Agreeing with the point someone made upthread about seeing whether something's already been downloaded. A "last downloaded" date would be nice.

4) So would a "last updated" date — if it were possible to sort by last updated date that would be ideal, and the two combined would maybe help catch anything you might have forgotten to download when you first bought it.

Edit: 5) Just noticed, every bundle I've checked so far in my order history only has links to the old executable installers. We have to click to each individual item in the bundle to get links to the new zip installers. (Would it be safe to assume these bundle links are also missing out on any recent updates?) Could we have this pushed up the to-be-fixed list, please?

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
    edited April 2013

Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:

Yeah it's case sensitive, if you need it to be case insensitive use name::rx::^M|^m. There does appear to be a few item with lower case names.

EDIT: Or name::rx::ci::^m which will make the whole expression case insensitive.

Post edited by Lord Majestic on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I LOVE IT! What I love more than anything else is that the ENTIRE purchase history is in the JavaScript in the page. That makes all kinds of things possible.

For example... I wrote a bookmarklet that you can click when you're on the product page, that gives you 100 entries per page.

If you drag that to your bookmarks bar, then go to your Product Library, and click the bookmark, you will now have 100 items per page visible. It doesn't fix the total pages count, although I could do the same trick to make that work. :)

Give it a try!

-- Morgan

• edited December 1969

Luckily I stopped, went back in and did some more fiddling around and found what I was looking for and I found more than I was looking for cause at first I was getting pretty hot about it -

I manually download all of my content still. I tried the DIM, I had problems with it, did not like it and went back to the horribly slow method cause it works for me & my set up. I found the "Purchase Date" button and clicked on a bundle that I bought tonight and I was WOW'd. Pictures, all of the links, then at the bottom, little thumbnails with links to all of the products included so you can easily go look at them if you want or need to! I love the search thing to begin with but to be able to pull all of that up now from inside there is awesome instead of having to type it in or open another tab and I am one of those people that like to put a promo page with my item on my external so that when i look at the folder I can SEE what it is without opening the folder (cause I forget what things are so soon), but I always forget to do that while I am shopping so I end up having to go back and do it and it is such a pain. Now I can do it while I download stuff right from within the download page itself and it will be more time efficient.

So far I am liking it now that I am finding my way around and finding what I need. Will take some getting used to and this Cancer has trouble with change but I think I can go with this flow. =Þ

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    I LOVE IT! What I love more than anything else is that the ENTIRE purchase history is in the JavaScript in the page. That makes all kinds of things possible.

For example... I wrote a bookmarklet that you can click when you're on the product page, that gives you 100 entries per page.

If you drag that to your bookmarks bar, then go to your Product Library, and click the bookmark, you will now have 100 items per page visible. It doesn't fix the total pages count, although I could do the same trick to make that work. :)

Give it a try!

-- Morgan

Works in FF :-) Thank you.

And the page count, eventually did change ... went from 18 to 8.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    marble said:
    This is even more confusing ...

Three downloads of roughly the same size -- which do I install?? No extension to give a clue - completely lost here.

I Just tried with a similar download. The first one of the 3 is a .dpc.exe the 2nd is the .dpc.zip, so a zip for Mac users and the 3rd is the generic one size fits all zip which can be used for both platforms and also by DIM.

This from a product that says it comes with a Poser Core installer. If that helps any.

OK - seems to have changed for the better since I went to bed last night (UK time). Compare this screen to those I posted yesterday:

Screen_Shot_2013-04-13_at_06.38_.31_.png
    795 x 358 - 68K
  • hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

feeling pretty dim, as when i select the DIM download files they still come as zip files (i am not computer literate and apologise if i am missing something obvious) the files download and ask as per usual save or open am i meant to browse through the open for DIM any help truly appreciated.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

Give it a try!

-- Morgan

Weeeeeeeeee! It works! THANK YOU!

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    chohole said:
    Sunfire said:
    It would have really been nice had we been notified of this change in the way things are done, and while it's great for older stuff that you need to redownload, the newer stuff, if you bought several items in one order becomes a bit tedious.

For example, the old way. Place order, go to my downloads, set number of items, go down list clicking on each one to download without having to switch pages. New way. Go to product library, on slow connection wait and wait and wait... and perhaps wait some more for it to populate, get it to show the most recent order, click on first item, decide which to download. Download. Refresh and relog in, wait for page to populate, get it to show most recent order, click on second item... and so on and so on and so on... not to mention confusion if you forgot which one you were on.

And of course the large product files all in one, makes it hard for people on dial-up or even the slower versions of DSL to download things. On my connection 100 meg takes about 2.5 ish hours, give or take depending on whether or not I try to do other things, Sometimes I end up having to start over because other things interrupted it.

Not quite understanding you. Use filter by purchase date, double click on that and the newest items are now on the first page.

Yeah, I got that. That isn't what I'm referring to. The old way, all my available downloads were on one page and I could download one after another and refresh and relog in to the page if I got logged out without any real hassle, I'd just do so and go to the next in the list.

This way I have to get into the product library, get the sort set to show the newest first, click on the item name to pull up the blurb and THEN download. Then click on the next item name to get the item blurb then download.

It's great for redownloading the old content, for that I think it's great, but for the new stuff, it just seems clunky to me.

Question: what about right-clicking (or mousewheel clicking) and opening in new tabs, so they are all open at once?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited December 1969

...auuuuuughhhhhhh!!!!!! what did they do my account page now?

I finally got used to the Magento format, I have the History manager to help, and now Kablewie!

No page size adjustment, you have to guess at what you have to initiate a search, and then it gives three different DL options. What's worse is the .zip file for the item I looked at is almost three times the size of the .exe installer (shouldn't that be the other way around?). Based on that, with my DL speed, it would take waaaaaaay longer to DL the .zip rather than the .exe. (almost 17 MB compared to 6 for the .exe). So at least, from my perspective, I see little advantage to downloading the .zip installer.

Why can't things just be left alone? What is it with software companies and providers these days making things more confusing and cumbersome instead of elegant and efficient? The previous setup may have not been the greatest but there was a simple workaround for dealing with it. Not any more.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Second feature I miss is a number total of my items. Like "Total 4321 items" like it was, again, in Itemized Orders History. This way it was easy to see if system screwed me and lost some of my items. As it is now I can't be sure if all my purchased items are in the Library or some older items were silently removed. And I want to be sure of it.

I want that too, please!!!!

edited April 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ... What's worse is the .zip file for the item I looked at is almost three times the size of the .exe installer (shouldn't that be the other way around?). Based on that, with my DL speed, it would take waaaaaaay longer to DL the .zip rather than the .exe. (almost 17 MB compared to 6 for the .exe). So at least, from my perspective, I see little advantage to downloading the .zip installer....

That sounds off - are you sure there aren't two exe that are now combined in one zip?
    What item is it? Maybe I have it?

Post edited by Kerya on
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

The New Product Library looks great.... esp. the sorts, search, and the inclusion of a nice product picture with each one... great work Daz!!

edited April 2013

Kerya said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ... What's worse is the .zip file for the item I looked at is almost three times the size of the .exe installer (shouldn't that be the other way around?). Based on that, with my DL speed, it would take waaaaaaay longer to DL the .zip rather than the .exe. (almost 17 MB compared to 6 for the .exe). So at least, from my perspective, I see little advantage to downloading the .zip installer....

That sounds off - are you sure there aren't two exe that are now combined in one zip?
    What item is it? Maybe I have it?
    ...it's Everyday Hands Poses for V4 & M4 by Blondie9999.

the singular .zip is 15.39 MB while the .exe is only 6.69MB That is a significant size difference with my slow connection. If they eventually do away with the .exe installers then I am stuck with having to DL the much bigger .zip for everything. If indeed the .zip includes both the Mac and PC installers that is terrible a waste of bandwidth.

...and why would the DIM file be only 1.35MB?

Product_Library_page.jpg
    964 x 624 - 293K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

I like it so far. I do wish that when you sorted by date, it would stay sorted that way.

edited December 1969

Oh ... I don't have those, but I think you are comparing the MAC zip file with the PC exe.

Download the DIM file!
    These are zips like you get at sharecg/Renderosity/wherever and are working for PC and MAC.
    You don't have to use DIM to use the DIM file, just unzip like you do normally.
    Which means downloads and space will be much smaller. :)
    1.35MB is much better than 6.69MB, isn't it?

This is my comparison for the
    Atmospheric Effects Cameras for DAZ Studio 591.98 KB <--- DIM file<br /> 13926_AtmosphericEffectsCamerasMetaData_1.0_ds.exe 5.64 MB
    13926_AtmosphericEffectsCamerasMetaData_1.0_ds.zip 14.39 MB
    13926_AtmosphericEffectsCameras_1.0_ds.exe 6.78 MB
    13926_AtmosphericEffectsCameras_1.0_ds.zip 15.52 MB

So I have 591.98kB instead of 6.78MB
    (And you see the Mac zip? 15.52 MB)

edited April 2013

...ahh the rub is I don't use the DIM as I am installing to a different machine than the one I use for downloading as it does not have Net access.

...and why would they package both the Mac and PC versions together in the main .zip when only one is needed? That just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It would be like having to DL both the Mac and PC versions of an update for my Norton IS suite. Even Symantec provides separate files different platforms. Same for GPU and other hardware drivers.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited April 2013

You don't have to use DIM, you just download the DIM file and unzip it. No problems! Really!
    That IS the nice thing about it.

Edited to add: I don't use DIM either - didn't get to install it up to now.

Post edited by Kerya on