New Product Library! Replaces Itemized/Downloadables Has Product Pages and Search!

Comments

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,346
    edited April 2013

Thank you so much for the new "Product Library".

This will help me a lot to find software / plugin updates that are not available in DIM.

- - -

Seems there is only one thing left on my order / account management wishlist:

a feature to download the whole product list / order history as excel sheet.

I noticed that with the 3rd party product DAZ History Manager one can download an order list and convert it to an excel spreadsheet.
    Would be awesome to have an official DAZ version for that task.

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,129
    edited December 1969

rolow said:
    An absolutely welcome improvement!

However, in my downloads listing how do I distinguish between PC and MAC versions?

Anyone?

By the look of it:

Windows installers are something.exe
    Mac installers are something.zip
    Plain zips are just aomething, with no extension

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

Wow! I am really liking the new format of My Account especially the way DAZ has set up the Product Library!
    Way to go DAZ!
    :-)

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited April 2013

KinnieM said:
    Wow! I am really liking the new format of My Account especially the way DAZ has set up the Product Library!
    Way to go DAZ!
    :-)

First - they make changes without telling anyone how to navigate them.

Asking the question here has brought no response so I tried it without instructions. Looking at my screenshot in my earlier post, I downloaded the Jeanz item with no extension and the one with the trx.zip (assuming that was right for Mac).

Double clicking the first just creates a content folder so presumably I need to copy the folders manually. It also creates a file called Manifest.dsx - whatever that may be. No idea where that should go.

EDIT: Mac users - don't use Keka to unzip... the .app file permissions are screwed. Apologies for previous comment (now deleted) above.

Post edited by marble on
    edited April 2013

The Manifest file is used by the DAZ Install Manager, you can ignore it. But yes, you need to merge the content of the Content folder with your My Library folder. In general you will need either the installer for your OS (.exe or ,zip) or the plain zip (no extension), not both.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This threw me off today when I bought some steampunk stuff and I couldn't find the downloads... :blank: :blank:

After some faffing about I sorted by purchase date, newest first, and located the stuff I had bought. :blank:

A wonderful concept, ineptly implemented. :blank: I'm sure I'll get used to it.. "SOON".. :blank: :blank:

Very typically DAZ, I'm afraid.. sigh.. :down:

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited April 2013

This is even more confusing ...

Three downloads of roughly the same size -- which do I install?? No extension to give a clue - completely lost here.

Screen_Shot_Just_Real.png
    797 x 341 - 57K
    Screen_Shot_Jammin.png
    812 x 358 - 53K
    Post edited by marble on
    edited December 1969

The one that's about 6MB smaller will be the plain zip there, I've no idea how you tell the difference between the other two without trying.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Excuse me - could there be an error?

Atmospheric Effects Cameras for DAZ Studio

Atmospheric Effects Cameras for DAZ Studio 591.98 KB
    13926_AtmosphericEffectsCamerasMetaData_1.0_ds.exe 5.64 MB
    13926_AtmosphericEffectsCamerasMetaData_1.0_ds.zip 14.39 MB
    13926_AtmosphericEffectsCameras_1.0_ds.exe 6.78 MB
    13926_AtmosphericEffectsCameras_1.0_ds.zip 15.52 MB

Smaller files is nice - but reducing from 5.64 MB + 6.78 MB to 591.98 KB???????????????????

Testing myself
    I downloaded the 13926_AtmosphericEffectsCameras_1.0_ds.exe and the "DIM" Atmospheric Effects Cameras for DAZ Studio.zip, run the installer - and apart from the help files which install themselves into my DazStudio4 software folder under docs, I can't find any differences ... oh wow.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited April 2013

I dislike that I can't browse product library by 50 products at once as it was with my Itemized Orders. Currently my Library has 99 pages. It is a TEDIOUS HELL to browse through. Hope this functionality will be added back very soon. 100 per page option would be even better.

Second feature I miss is a number total of my items. Like "Total 4321 items" like it was, again, in Itemized Orders History. This way it was easy to see if system screwed me and lost some of my items. As it is now I can't be sure if all my purchased items are in the Library or some older items were silently removed. And I want to be sure of it.

Post edited by Kattey on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,387
    edited April 2013

I agree having the total number of products would be useful, maybe also an alphabetical break, for example click "M" and you're taken straight to the M's. But still, kudos to the DAZ Team, this was a long time in coming, the new search filter is a very nice feature. I just used it to find some "ron's" brushes.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    edited December 1969

Poor DAZ, damned if they do, damned if they don't.
    While I made due with the way it was before, I am really liking the new format, so thanks for the change, it is much appreciated!! Looking thru my files with the new format made is easy to see a few items i wasn't even aware i had purchased, LOL.

• redhorseredhorse Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

Absolutely a step in the right direction. I really like it.

There are a few things I see that could make it even better:
    1. A Filter to list files starting with a particluar letter or sequence of letters
    2. Default sort order to most recent
    3. Ability to filter out Mac or Windows files based on user preference
    4. Ability to filter out DS or Poser specific files based on user preference
    5. Instead of "Download" buttons, how about a traditional link that changes colors after it has been clicked on? Or make the download button change colors after it has been clicked on.

Some of these may already be in the works, but I wanted to get in my $0.02 just in case.

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 552
    edited December 1969

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. That's kinda cool. Will have to explore it some more but initially it's kinda neat.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

marble said:
    This is even more confusing ...

Three downloads of roughly the same size -- which do I install?? No extension to give a clue - completely lost here.

I Just tried with a similar download. The first one of the 3 is a .dpc.exe the 2nd is the .dpc.zip, so a zip for Mac users and the 3rd is the generic one size fits all zip which can be used for both platforms and also by DIM.

This from a product that says it comes with a Poser Core installer. If that helps any.

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited April 2013

Concerning Search options:

You can use the same terms as DIM. (i.e. SKUs, Dates, etc...) I searched for a SKU range with sku::14000-15000 in the filter field, and got just those products. Here is the documentation for DIM filter terms, which will work:

Filtering Products

Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

How can we filter out just products that start with a certain letter or number?

edited April 2013

Just type the characters you want. Looking for Victoria Base I typed Vic. Now, saying this, the wildcard doesn't seem to work. (i.e Vic*). So I got several product names that contained the v-i-c letters (Service), but, all my "Victoria _____" products showed at the end of the MUCH shortened list, all grouped together. So it helps. I may inquire more about the wildcards to see if they are going to work as well.

Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
  • JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

Just tried this out and I am in love already. Loving the fact i can download just parts of a bundle and not the whole thing if I need to. :coolgrin:

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Just type the characters you want. Looking for Victoria Base I typed Vic. Now, saying this, the wildcard doesn't seem to work. (i.e Vic*). So I got several product names that contained the v-i-c letters (Service), but, all my "Victoria _____" products showed at the end of the MUCH shortened list, all grouped together. So it helps. I may inquire more about the wildcards to see if they are going to work as well.

Okay I see. It doesn't work the way it needs to. If I type an M, it will list every product that has an M in it, not just content that starts with an M. Hopefully they will eventually have a way to filter out everything but what starts with whatever letter you want.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Okay I see. It doesn't work the way it needs to. If I type an M, it will list every product that has an M in it, not just content that starts with an M. Hopefully they will eventually have a way to filter out everything but what starts with whatever letter you want.

Yes...definitely. Until then, I'd try a few more letters in the query.... like the Vic example. That at least helps cut it down a bit. :)

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

It looks like a new icon has just appeared that may help differentiate files. The newer zips now have a green DAZ logo and the word DIM next to them.

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

This is really nice, so much appreciated thank you Daz!

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

It would have really been nice had we been notified of this change in the way things are done, and while it's great for older stuff that you need to redownload, the newer stuff, if you bought several items in one order becomes a bit tedious.

For example, the old way. Place order, go to my downloads, set number of items, go down list clicking on each one to download without having to switch pages. New way. Go to product library, on slow connection wait and wait and wait... and perhaps wait some more for it to populate, get it to show the most recent order, click on first item, decide which to download. Download. Refresh and relog in, wait for page to populate, get it to show most recent order, click on second item... and so on and so on and so on... not to mention confusion if you forgot which one you were on.

And of course the large product files all in one, makes it hard for people on dial-up or even the slower versions of DSL to download things. On my connection 100 meg takes about 2.5 ish hours, give or take depending on whether or not I try to do other things, Sometimes I end up having to start over because other things interrupted it.

• redhorseredhorse Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

Concerning Search options:

You can use the same terms as DIM. (i.e. SKUs, Dates, etc...) I searched for a SKU range with sku::14000-15000 in the filter field, and got just those products. Here is the documentation for DIM filter terms, which will work:

Filtering Products

Thanks for that tip. It looks like almost everything I could ask for is there or could be there with minor tweaks.

The filtering mechanism could be a bit more user friendly, but at least there IS a way to filter things. That will help immensely.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    It would have really been nice had we been notified of this change in the way things are done, and while it's great for older stuff that you need to redownload, the newer stuff, if you bought several items in one order becomes a bit tedious.

For example, the old way. Place order, go to my downloads, set number of items, go down list clicking on each one to download without having to switch pages. New way. Go to product library, on slow connection wait and wait and wait... and perhaps wait some more for it to populate, get it to show the most recent order, click on first item, decide which to download. Download. Refresh and relog in, wait for page to populate, get it to show most recent order, click on second item... and so on and so on and so on... not to mention confusion if you forgot which one you were on.

And of course the large product files all in one, makes it hard for people on dial-up or even the slower versions of DSL to download things. On my connection 100 meg takes about 2.5 ish hours, give or take depending on whether or not I try to do other things, Sometimes I end up having to start over because other things interrupted it.

Not quite understanding you. Use filter by purchase date, double click on that and the newest items are now on the first page.

edited December 1969

Most sites don't notify people when they are going to change things. Some may have some sort of announcement when they do a big "revamp", for marketing purposes.... But, usually you just log in, and it is changed. :) I am pretty sure they don't want to spam our emails with every change or update they make either. A number of people probably wouldn't read the email anyway.....

We all know the store had some issues....we've see them fixing them over time. I am sure that there will be more times when we log in and things will be different. It is all a part of online buying.... :) The good, and the bad. I think this change is one of the 'good'.

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

This does seem a lot easier and more organized than before although I have not used it enough to really judge. It would be nice if it also had a link to the Readme/Documentation and if it listed the date the product was last updated. I've been meaning to switch to DIM I just never got around to it. I'm not sure I want to re-download and re-install all my products until I get a new PC. I also want all my content on my storage drive, forgot if that's an issue with DIM. I am thankful for the update and I do think this will be an improvement for most.

Since they are working on the website I wonder if they will get around to fixing the avatar/photo/signature image uploads soon?

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Sunfire said:

Not quite understanding you. Use filter by purchase date, double click on that and the newest items are now on the first page.

Yeah, I got that. That isn't what I'm referring to. The old way, all my available downloads were on one page and I could download one after another and refresh and relog in to the page if I got logged out without any real hassle, I'd just do so and go to the next in the list.

This way I have to get into the product library, get the sort set to show the newest first, click on the item name to pull up the blurb and THEN download. Then click on the next item name to get the item blurb then download.

It's great for redownloading the old content, for that I think it's great, but for the new stuff, it just seems clunky to me.

• Lord MajesticLord Majestic Posts: 51
    edited April 2013

Ledhead said:

They already do, use: name::rx::^M (replace the M with whatever letter you want)

One diffrance between the DIM filter syntax and the Product Library filter syntax is that you need to use 'name' to search the name field, DIM defualts to that so 'rx::^M' works.

Post edited by Lord Majestic on