Realistic Renders... NOT!! 12 "And we're back in the room!"

13468950

Comments

  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,442
    edited March 2013

    Artini said:
    Another render from DS 4.5 Pro with Ring of Light used. I like how the shadows came out on the render.
    This time I rendered V5 Nichole with Despoina Hair, so the rendering time has increased to 1 hour 35 minutes 57.63 seconds.
    So far Ring of Light is one of the easiest light set to use and I like the results.

    I have to say, Ring of Light really suits your style so well, these are among the best renders I've seen you do. I don't mind them taking time if the results are worth it, and here they clearly are.

    CHEERS!

    Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 2,603
    edited December 1969

    Thanks a lot, Rogerbee. Below come more DS 4.5 Pro renders when using Ring of Light.
    This time is Emiko for Aiko 5. I have put simple Hitomi hair on her to speed up the renders.
    First render took 12 minutes 45.65 seconds, and the second took 18 minutes 7.76 seconds.

    A5Emiko29pic01.jpg
    750 x 970 - 337K
    A5Emiko27pic01.jpg
    750 x 970 - 345K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 2,603
    edited December 1969

    Then I have repeated the last render with DTPE-HumanG eyes materials from ProjectEYEris
    http://www.daz3d.com/project-eyeris
    from Full Eye Presets.
    Rendering Time: 24 minutes 51.16 seconds

    A5Emiko30pic01.jpg
    750 x 970 - 337K
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,442
    edited December 1969

    They look great!

    I bought those eyes and the Interjections shaders this morning. I will get round to using them soon, but I can't get sidetracked from my non 3D stuff at the moment.

    CHEERS!

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 24,165
    edited December 1969

    ...did a test render on the new rig with Lantios 1 before turning in last night. 17 minutes using the default render/raytrace settings. Would have taken well over an hour (because of the hair and glass transmaps in Jack's Shelter set) on the old system (provided it didn't crash after running out of memory). Going to try it with Cloud9 later.

  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,442
    edited December 1969

    Sounds like you've built a monster!

    I'm still buying up bits and pieces of software, when you get added discounts with March Madness they're hard to pass up. If you use UberSurface on the hair it's possible to turn off raytracing so that can cut times down.

    It's easier watching you lot experimenting at the moment, then I know what looks good and what I'll benefit from when I get back into it. Probably be early May before I do, but, I have to concentrate on one thing at one time or I don't ever complete anything.

    CHEERS!

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 24,165
    edited March 2013

    ...I know, the temptation to start creating new pic is strong, but I really need to get everything installed and working. Can't use the DIM because it will not install anything that hasn't been downloaded with it first so have to do it one installer at a time. Fortunately the new system is very fast. Did over 4GB in just over three hours last night and that included waiting to copy from the DVDs (about 25 min total) and opening 3Adv & 4.5Pro from time to time to make sure things were going where they were supposed to go.

    Once that 32G USB stick arrives in a couple days, it will make life a lot easier. Can't believe how these have come down in price, getting mine for under 20$. I still remember when they were something like to 70 - 80$ for 32G. I can almost get a 128G one for that these days (but most of those are very slow, the one I'm getting is quite fast, even for being USB2.0 as that is what the notebook supports).

    I'll post the Cloud 9 test tonight (love that light system - Kind of like LDP on IBL Steroids).

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 2,603
    edited December 1969

    Rogerbee said:

    They look great!

    I bought those eyes and the Interjections shaders this morning. I will get round to using them soon, but I can't get sidetracked from my non 3D stuff at the moment.

    CHEERS!


    Thanks and great that you have bought those eye materials, too. They include both full materials and partials as well,
    so one can improve the view of the other sets. Whenever you get time, I will be very interested, what you can achieve with them.
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,284
    edited December 1969

    I just bought a 2T external on the weekend no need to worry about content hoarding! I am now using my 16G usb stick to play mp3's in my new car...

  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,442
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I know, the temptation to start creating new pic is strong, but I really need to get everything installed and working. Can't use the DIM because it will not install anything that hasn't been downloaded with it first so have to do it one installer at a time. Fortunately the new system is very fast. Did over 4GB in just over three hours last night and that included waiting to copy from the DVDs (about 25 min total) and opening 3Adv & 4.5Pro from time to time to make sure things were going where they were supposed to go.

    Once that 32G USB stick arrives in a couple days, it will make life a lot easier. Can't believe how these have come down in price, getting mine for under 20$. I still remember when they were something like to 70 - 80$ for 32G. I can almost get a 128G one for that these days (but most of those are very slow, the one I'm getting is quite fast, even for being USB2.0 as that is what the notebook supports).

    I'll post the Cloud 9 test tonight (love that light system - Kind of like LDP on IBL Steroids).

    I didn't bother with the DIM, I'm fine with the old way an saw no need to change it. I've got 2 external drives, one 2TB and one 500gb. I put all the installers on the 2TB and it swallows them, so I'll have plenty of space for stuff.


    Thanks and great that you have bought those eye materials, too. They include both full materials and partials as well,
    so one can improve the view of the other sets. Whenever you get time, I will be very interested, what you can achieve with them.

    Yeah,

    It's not so much that I don't have the time, but, if I get into 3D again now I'll never clear the 1/6 stuff and 3D was supposed to replace it as my hobby.

    CHEERS!

  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,450
    edited March 2013

    Picked up a few new toys and wanted to use them in renders. I also figured I'd get more use out of the towers I had bought a while back. Until now they've mostly been used as background pieces in larger projects. Anyway, on with the renders!

    Unlikely_Slayer.jpg
    1000 x 879 - 681K
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 24,165
    edited December 1969

    ..that's wonderful.

  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 730
    edited December 1969

    That's some action packed dragon image......

    A new portrait try, using InaneGlory's Photo Studio Lights 2 set (with some tweaking of the lights)
    Custom dialed Genesis character using the V4 elite texture 'Katie'
    Rendered in DS4.5 with DoF enabled; only postwork is adding the signature

    Katie_PS2_DAZ.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 488K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 2,603
    edited December 1969

    Now I know why it is so dark in the cities populated with high buildings. An attempt to enlighten the scene with Urban Future 4 :Street Level
    http://www.daz3d.com/urban-future-4-street-level
    Used Ring of Light and one large spot light from Photo Studio set 3. Rendered in DS 4.5 Pro.

    M5James10pic01.jpg
    750 x 970 - 185K
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,442
    edited December 1969

    Very nice,

    Great use of depth of field.

    CHEERS!

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 24,165
    edited December 1969

    ...OK here we go. Had to do the first post over on the Jack Tomalin thread because I used one of his new sets.


    OK now mind you this was only a simple test with the content I already had installed. No explosions, fancy effects , multiple Genesis characters etc...(though it does have a lot of glass transmaps with a bit of reflectivity)

    <15 min render time using Cloud9 with ray tracing <strong>turned up rendered to the screen rather than a file or .rib like I had to do on the old system.

    Yeah a lot of us wish winter would go away...

    ...'cept this little pest.

    its_really_really_cold.jpg
    600 x 776 - 308K
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

    I did this image for the recent Kit Bashing Contest.

    Magic-Wielder-illustration.jpg
    1600 x 960 - 182K
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,442
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK here we go. Had to do the first post over on the Jack Tomalin thread because I used one of his new sets.


    OK now mind you this was only a simple test with the content I already had installed. No explosions, fancy effects , multiple Genesis characters etc...(though it does have a lot of glass transmaps with a bit of reflectivity)

    <15 min render time using Cloud9 with ray tracing <strong>turned up rendered to the screen rather than a file or .rib like I had to do on the old system.

    Yeah a lot of us wish winter would go away...

    ...'cept this little pest.

    Very nicely done!

    CHEERS!

  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,442
    edited December 1969

    I did this image for the recent Kit Bashing Contest.

    Really nice render.

    CHEERS!

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 24,165
    edited December 1969

    I did this image for the recent Kit Bashing Contest.

    ...nice. Now that I have some time on my hands, I can get into learning texturing better and maybe enter the next one.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 2,603
    edited December 1969

    Thank you very much, Rogerbee. I am having a lot of fun using Ring of Light.

  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

    Thanks, Rogerbee, Kyoto! I'm still learning to expand my imagination to mix and match clothing and also to alter their appearance with shaders. Those simple things can really expand the possibilities.

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 2,603
    edited March 2013

    Another DS 4.5 Pro render, with Ring of Light used to lighting the scene. This time is Asobi
    http://www.daz3d.com/asobi
    dressed in Odd Wear clothes
    http://www.daz3d.com/odd-wear
    and Galaxy for Genesis mask,
    http://www.daz3d.com/galaxy-for-genesis
    with one of the Metalized Glass material applied to the glass.
    I like how the texture details pop up in the render.

    Asobi08pic01.jpg
    750 x 970 - 256K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,442
    edited December 1969

    Yep,

    I'd say you've hit the jackpot with Ring Of Light.

    CHEERS!

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 2,603
    edited December 1969

    Thanks, Rogerbee. Finally, I can enjoy the quality of the textures of the items, I've already bought.

  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,442
    edited December 1969

    I'll do that myself one day. Now I've got all the Interjections stuff and plenty of eyes I can concentrate on the lights.

    CHEERS!

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 24,165
    edited March 2013

    ...OK posted to my DA gallery last night.


    To set the record straight, Leela loves wearing pretty dresses too.

    Leela_godess.jpg
    600 x 848 - 329K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,028
    edited December 1969

    Hi,
    Good ... Here some of my renders.
    Render in PoserPro2012
    rendering each time: 2 minutes each.
    thank

    Render_1.png
    900 x 533 - 441K
    Render_3.png
    900 x 533 - 353K
    Render_2.png
    900 x 533 - 452K
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,442
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK posted to my DA gallery last night.


    To set the record straight, Leela loves wearing pretty dresses too.

    Very nice,

    You haven't lost your touch.

    CHEERS!

  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,442
    edited December 1969

    Hi,
    Good ... Here some of my renders.
    Render in PoserPro2012
    rendering each time: 2 minutes each.
    thank

    Welcome aboard,

    Great renders.

    CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.