JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Miss B said:
    And here I always thought you were Welsh by birth. Live and learn. ;-)

LOL Welsh by marriage I am afraid, my 2nd husband was Welsh, and as number 3 and I have never bothered to get married I still have my late husband's surname. I do have both Irish and Scots blood in reasonably large proportions, does that count.

Oh and BTW I can pronounce Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysiliogogogoch
    I'll be _really_ impressed if you typed it from memory ;-).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

rofl, no I am not that good, My Welsh is still very basic.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,275
    edited December 1969

Parkside Cargo!!!!

Excellent!

However, there is a bit of confusion. The requirements list lists Parkside Boxcar three times. But the description claims that what is required is Parkside Passenger Car. I"ve got both, and am assuming that the Passenger car is what is needed for the boggies, but you might want to have somebody straighten out the confusion.

Right at the moment the site is refusing to let me look at anything but the main store page (won't load the promos except as the tiny thumdnails under the main illo) but even if it would I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference just by looking at the promo illustration.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

whoa, i didn't see Parkside Cargo in the store earlier, just saw it now. very kool, love the snow plow!!!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,275
    edited December 1969

It evidently went up hours after the other two and the monthly freebie.

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,221
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Parkside Cargo!!!!

Excellent!

However, there is a bit of confusion. The requirements list lists Parkside Boxcar three times. But the description claims that what is required is Parkside Passenger Car. I"ve got both, and am assuming that the Passenger car is what is needed for the boggies, but you might want to have somebody straighten out the confusion.

Right at the moment the site is refusing to let me look at anything but the main store page (won't load the promos except as the tiny thumdnails under the main illo) but even if it would I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference just by looking at the promo illustration.

Yes, you're correct - it's just the bogies required like the other sets. Will give someone a nudge to take a look at the page :)

edited December 1969

whoa, i didn't see Parkside Cargo in the store earlier, just saw it now. very kool, love the snow plow!!!

Well I recalled you mentioning it before - and while I didn't make the first set, I had the time to add it into this one. :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,722
    edited December 1969

I look forward to play with it (The Parkside Cargo)... MWAHAHAHA (sorry, slip of mind), something in the line of this..

Tied to the tracks and the trains keep coming...

tied_to_the_tracks.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 478K
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Well I recalled you mentioning it before - and while I didn't make the first set, I had the time to add it into this one. :)

yup, where i am from every train is fitted with a plow front and back, they leave em on all year, never see one run with out it, so its a welcome detail.

If the winter gets really bad they start using these things.... http://www.pbase.com/image/133827067/original.jpg yup, that is a snow blower

edited December 1969

We have a snow melter, a special train with a 3MW heater that will melt the snow and store the water in tanks that it then can dump where it is better suited.A cool piece of machinery ;-)

Btw, speaking of machinery, one thing I think Jack should do is a Newspaper printing press, that could be so cool, and such a perfect addition to the Parkside, Parkside Herald. A Printing press plus the building printer room). As you are in Britain it will probably be a Goss Press*.

* The biggest flaw in the James Bond Movie "Tomorrow Never Dies" is the battle scene inside the printing press. They are supposed to be in Germany, but the presses are from Goss, an american company (probably filmed in London as UK uses mostly Goss presses). Germans use German printing presses, MAN-Roland, KBA or a Wifag from Switzerland, but never the American Goss press.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Oh! Oh! Oh! Sounds good! And what does a Newspaper printing press need? Hm?

Paper! And so there will be also a papermill cool... and by chance... I've got some pictures of one :P

Papier03.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 618K
    Papier02.jpg
    1500 x 1051 - 783K
    Papier01.jpg
    1391 x 1500 - 939K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

There is sedor thinking mills and here I was thinking who would do page 3...terrible.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,963
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    There is sedor thinking mills and here I was thinking who would do page 3...terrible.

Need to take care with the bump maps ... ;)

edited December 1969

ROFLOL Simon

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

o_O O_o - looool :D

edited December 1969

lol.. :D

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited January 2013

chohole said:
    With large infusions of Scotch and Irish Whiskey of course. lol. Actually we do tend to be a family that didn't keep in touch too much with distant relatives. Mother was deemed to have "married below herself"

Well, not knowing your mother I can't say one way or the other, but if she hadn't married your father, well then there wouldn't be . . . .

~GASP~ THERE'D BE NO CHOHOLE!!!

Now that's something I just can't fathom. :-S

Post edited by Miss B on
    edited January 2013

LOL. It's something to do with having a Great grandfather who was the son of an Earl who got a chambermaid into trouble, and the chambermaid just happened to be my great grandmother. Quite upsetting to one you know, knowing that one is descended from a bastard line, and I use the expression in the truest sense of the word..

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,453
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    LOL. It's something to do with having a Great grandfather who was the son of an Earl who got a chambermaid into trouble, and the chambermaid just happened to be my great grandmother. Quite upsetting to one you know, knowing that one is descended from a bastard line, and I use the expression in the truest sense of the word..

Accordingly to gossip, some Victorian member of the gentry (not a grand title, if any title) married his mistress off to his complaisant gamekeeper, who didn't actually get any conjugal benefit or have any connection to the children of the marriage - certainly one can imagine a resemblance between a photo of a later member of the family and some later Haseltines.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

chohole said:
    With large infusions of Scotch and Irish Whiskey of course. lol. Actually we do tend to be a family that didn't keep in touch too much with distant relatives. Mother was deemed to have "married below herself"

Wait. You're royal? Do I need to bow and scrape when I meet you? As a moderator that is a given, I know. :lol:

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,963
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

If people tell me that I'm a bastard I generally say, "true, and I have a birth certificate to prove it. What's your excuse?" :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Wait. You're royal? Do I need to bow and scrape when I meet you? As a moderator that is a given, I know. :lol:

As I said in another post, it is on a bastard line, and as a moderator I guess that's another given. :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

Nice to see you all keeping the thread alive! I'm currently laid up with some bugs.. well, when I say laid up I'm still here UV mapping, but my brain is somewhere else.

Good excuse for the old medicinal whiskey!

edited December 1969

hic

media_16509438.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 295K
    edited December 1969

ROFL @ Chocole, made me think about the joke about you make a Finnish summer soup, you pour Vodka in a flowery soup bowl.

edited December 1969

Sounds perfect :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Accordingly to gossip, some Victorian member of the gentry (not a grand title, if any title) married his mistress off to his complaisant gamekeeper, who didn't actually get any conjugal benefit or have any connection to the children of the marriage - certainly one can imagine a resemblance between a photo of a later member of the family and some later Haseltines.
    You both just caught me finishing my breakfast, and I just sprayed my monitor with a mouth full of water. ~ROFL~

What a way to start the day!

edited December 1969

an excellent way to start the day with a little monitor and keyborad cleaning. :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    an excellent way to start the day with a little monitor and keyborad cleaning. :)

I hope you were referring to the water Pete, and not the whiskey soup Cho was showing off. :coolsmirk:
    edited December 1969

LOL yes

This discussion has been closed.