So, what is the projected time on DAZ Studio 5?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,904
    kyoto kid said:
    ...a solid stable 64 bit polygon modelling programme with a clean easy to use UI, tool palates, sculptng tools, good UV mapping tools, and two way bridge to Daz Studio would be totally mind blowing.

well if they cannot update Hexagon they could do the 2way bridge to Carrara instead

mmmmm maybe thats the exciting news ......sigh,      ...... I can dream

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Let's not get too hung-up on a purely hypothetical situation.

Hypothetically, what if the situation weren't hypothetical? Would we then be aloud to get hung-up?

• Let's not get too hung-up on a purely hypothetical situation.

Hypothetically, what if the situation weren't hypothetical? Would we then be aloud to get hung-up?

Only if my screaming and arm-flailing didn't get in your way.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Let's not get too hung-up on a purely hypothetical situation.

Only if my screaming and arm-flailing didn't get in your way.

It rarely does. :)

(Kidding, you know we love ya. :) )

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

HAHAHAHAHAHA  Richard H, You DO have a sense of humor!  cheeky

What if we hypothetically postulated on the possibility of a possible hypothetical postulation?

I think I just "incepted" myself. :\

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    RKane_1 said:

It's a good thing this thread doesn't exist then, since it's only hypothetical.

• Sad part is if there is currently work on Daz Studio 5 we will not know, unless they decide to do a open Beta, as all the developers and testers working with the program are under an NDA. I mean look at how many Vendors and testers had copies of Genesis 8 Female/Victoria 8 and could not say a word to confirm or deny the speculation that she was on the way and how close she was to release. So as to time of a release on Daz Studio 5 we don't know and those that do know can't say. 

RKane_1 said:

It's a good thing this thread doesn't exist then, since it's only hypothetical.

Hypothetically, yes. :)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

We know that Daz has gone on to 4.10.x.x; in software dev if the changes are enough, then it is possible that a 4.10.x.x (or 4.11, or 4.12) could turn into 5.0. The first we'd know about it is when it's released.

Those that know don't say, the rest of us guess (Yes guess - as speculation is based on knowledge and evidence; we don't have any of that.).

• drzap said:

I really want to be able to stay within Daz for everything.  If it means paying a subscription, no problem, but it needs to have at least the following features:

1.  reliable .bvh and .fbx import for mocap for all figures.

2.  a plugin system with plugins for particle effects, hair simulation, dynamics, etc..

3.  a full featured renderer.

4.  a camera tracking system to allow post integration with live scenes in a video editor.

5.  renderfarm support.

Getting these features will make me a customer for life.

Lol you forgot Dynamic hair and cloth

• RAMWolff said:
    Lotharen said:

Daz did hint at something big comming later this year. When I read that I honestly thought Studio 5.

I did at first, but then the Hivewire Animals announcement came along... Maybe that was the "big thing" they were hinting at, or at least a part of it.

Later this year means the fall and the Hivewire announcement isnt big enough as they said some of the things planned were gonna blow our minds 

Maybe we will FINALLY get a built in dynamics engine for clothing and hair.. that would be pretty big. 

YES I WOULD BE SO HAPPY!!!!!!

• drzapdrzap Posts: 795
    edited July 2017
    drzap said:

... 2.  a plugin system with plugins for particle effects, hair simulation, dynamics, etc..

Lol you forgot Dynamic hair and cloth

"... 2.  a plugin system with plugins for particle effects, hair simulation, dynamics, etc.."

Didn't forget!cool

Post edited by drzap on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Dynamics etc (point 2) could work as a plugin; there is no need for it to be Studio 5 or whatever. In the meantime, I'll be using VWD, and personally it would make a great official plugin. :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

VWD needs some UI improvements and better info on how to use it.  I think a native plugin built into DAZ Studio's base would be better in the LONG run.... I mean we all get used to folks making cool stuff for us and then something happens, like our missed member Ralf...... Something as important and needed as dynamics in DS needs to come from the main house of ideas. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Recently I tried the Dynamic Cloth plugin I bought from DAZ once again but I seem to have gotten worse trying to use it, not better. When I went to drape the cloth (just a lone dynamic kilt from the DAZ Store for simplicity) what happen was the character I tried to drape the kilt on moved and the kilt simply disappeared while the animation/draping was occuring. Ugh!

I guess it's off to a YouTube search on how to use this product!

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,596

If Daz goes subscription I will leave. I hate subscription with a passion. I will buy their software but will not pay for subscription software. I have bought their pro software in the past and don't mind that, but subscriptions are just leeching money from people. I already pay for Platium club which is not subscription software so I don't mind paying. I have Adobe CS6 and I paid full for it and I will never buy another Adobe product as long as it is subscription. I have taken up GIMP because of Adobe subscription, and I am pretty good with it. I know MS is trying to go this way as well>> it is a great business plan. Get money for nothing, just not from me! I am starting to learn Linux because of this! Oh Linux is another great piece of software you don't have to subscribe to. If Daz goes subscription I stick with Lightwave and Blender and Poser and Vue. If I need Iray I will get a Octaine Licence and go that route. Don't get me wrong Daz is great but money drives people to mess things up.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602

...Autodesk recently has gone the same route with 3DS Max, though a lot more expensive than even even Adobe at something like 185$ a month and 1,400$ annually.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

Since we have G8M to come in a few month's time, I would be surprised to see Studio 5.0 before next year, at the earliest.  This is, of course, purely speculation on my part.

Cheers,

Alex.

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

DAZ Studio 5's only new feature will be this:

• Realtime cloth sims built into the interface. And I mean realtime, driven by GPU's. Instant response. No separate apps to jump into to do a separate sim, it happens in realtime as you pose the character. Add a clothing mesh, click on the character, and instantly it's doing a continuous simulation. No more conforming clothing (unless you really really need it for some reason). No more bones. Everything drapes naturally, none of this weird shrink fitting around the chest and thighs and so on. 

That's it. That's all we need. And it's very do-able and won't take the many years required to build cloth sims from scratch. Just put a team of DAZ'ers on the VWD plugin to integrate it and make it super GPU-driven. Okay, the super-realtime might be tough, but Marvelous Designer has something like that already. 

I don't really care about all the fancy features like in the big professional apps...a lot of that can be done with postwork and other free apps. Just gimme that realtime cloth sim. That's all.

Oh, and clean up the whole content mess so I don't have to look all over to find stuff. 

• We really need a DAZ 5 with faster render for animations. It's really amazing that it takes so much time ti render something in 2019  compared to Unreal Engine for exemple !

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

We really need a DAZ 5 with faster render for animations. It's really amazing that it takes so much time ti render something in 2019  compared to Unreal Engine for exemple !

You don't need the version number. Buried within this necro'd thread is at least a post or two about how the version number will cause a recompile that will break many plugins. Advancements can and **have** come without changing to a version 5.

• Of course we don"t care about the number but actually we're on 4.9 right ? So the next big update should be 5... Anyway, the fact is that renders are too slow for animations even with my 1080 ti 11Go.  

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,144

Actually, we're on 4.11x if you count the beta ;)

Laurie

• contact-2773972contact-2773972 Posts: 15
    edited January 2019

Oh god... please stop talking about versions, I don't care about the number or name. Daz 6728, Daz Ketchup, Daz Shampoo, Daz 5, Daz 4.11, Daz X etc.... what you want. OK if it makes you happy. I talk about the render engine that need a serious change compared to Unreal Engine.

Post edited by contact-2773972 on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,057
    edited January 2019

actually we're on 4.9 right ? So the next big update should be 5

Version numbers are not decimal numbers, they're a group of independant numbers separated by dots, usually <major version>.<minor version>[.<release><build>]. You change the major version only when you make a really big change (or when you release a new version you want customers to pay for ;) ).

So you can have 4.10, 4.11, even 4.123456 before 5.0.

As for changes to the render engine, that's not something Daz can control as they're not the ones developping Iray and 3DL, they just integrate those render engines into DS.

Post edited by Leana on
  • contact-2773972contact-2773972 Posts: 15
    edited January 2019

1. OK Leana, continue the subject concerning the numbers, names etc... during long pages here if you want. You're the third person that talk about the software name ! Wow are you clones ???? Or Maybe it's exciting for you all to talk about that... not for me.

2. Daz can CHANGE, improve the renders and copy what Unreal Engine does of course !

Anyway, I see that it's useless : I won't write anymore on this forum... stay in your jail. Daz is fantastic, change nothing, we love waiting during hours for renders it's so magic and of course the most important is the decimal numbers of the software.... Bye.

Post edited by contact-2773972 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Please keep the conversation civil

BTW  comparing a game engine to a 3d render engine is always going to come to a dead end imo.

• ParadigmParadigm Posts: 421

If Daz goes subscription I will leave. I hate subscription with a passion. I will buy their software but will not pay for subscription software. I have bought their pro software in the past and don't mind that, but subscriptions are just leeching money from people. I already pay for Platium club which is not subscription software so I don't mind paying. I have Adobe CS6 and I paid full for it and I will never buy another Adobe product as long as it is subscription. I have taken up GIMP because of Adobe subscription, and I am pretty good with it. I know MS is trying to go this way as well>> it is a great business plan. Get money for nothing, just not from me! I am starting to learn Linux because of this! Oh Linux is another great piece of software you don't have to subscribe to. If Daz goes subscription I stick with Lightwave and Blender and Poser and Vue. If I need Iray I will get a Octaine Licence and go that route. Don't get me wrong Daz is great but money drives people to mess things up.

I agree. Idk about the internal workings, but the free model has been working for them it would seem, considering it's been around for years and DS is still getting great new features all the time. Plus, by keeping it free it helps reduce their exposure to the P word.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    Paradigm said:

I agree. Idk about the internal workings, but the free model has been working for them it would seem, considering it's been around for years and DS is still getting great new features all the time. Plus, by keeping it free it helps reduce their exposure to the P word.

What's the "P" word?? While I am sure that are many ways they can improve the animation tools and other aspects of DS, I truly hope they have no intention of making it into a game engine. While not perfect, there are ways to use DAZ content in Unreal and Unity, so best to stick with them if that is what you want.