Daz Studio 4.9.4 Pro, General Release!

Daz SoftwareDaz Software Posts: 35
edited August 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

Daz 3D is pleased to announce Daz Studio 4.9.4 Pro General Release!

• Version: 4.9.4.122
  • Date: August 14, 2017

!! IF YOU HAVE NOT UPGRADED TO THE GENERAL RELEASE OF 4.9, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BACKUP YOUR CONTENT DATABASE IN DAZ STUDIO 4.x (E.G., 4.6, 4.7, 4.8) BEFORE LAUNCHING DAZ STUDIO 4.9 !!

How do I backup my User Data in Daz Studio?

!! IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY MIGRATED FROM THE OLDER VALENTINA DB BASED CMS TO THE POSTGRESQL BASED CMS, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU DO SO BEFORE LAUNCHING DAZ STUDIO 4.9!!

Has the Content Management Service (CMS) changed?

Highlights:

• Rendering
    • NVIDIA Iray
      • Integrated Iray 2016.3.2 (278300.12584); see below for more details.
    • Uber Iray Material
      • Added support for chromatic subsurface scattering color
      • Added a "Scatter & Transmit Intensity" option to the "Base Color Effect" property
      • Added support for dual lobe specular
    • Node
      • Fixed an issues where the "Visible in Render" property was not being respected in OpenGL renders
    • Group Node (3D Layer)
      • The "Visible in Render" property now controls whether or not child nodes are considered visible in a render
      • Fixed an issue where the "Visible in Render" property was not being respected in OpenGL renders
  • General Use
    • PowerPose
      • Improved configuration abilities via (version 3+) templates; see the Change Log for more detail
      • The layout of the pane has been changed
        • The encompassing tab widget has been removed; in preparation for replacing it with a combobox that provides easy access to all templates in the set
        • The "Reset Pose" button has been removed; use actions in the pane's option menu and/or action accelerators (keyboard shortcuts)
        • Added an InfoDivider with a Tips page
        • Dynamic scaling of a template is now supported (for version 3+ templates)
          • Scales up to the dimensions of the background image; if the widget/pane is larger than the background image for the template, it will be centered
          • Scales down to a minimum of 300h x 200w
        • The pane option menu has been updated
      • Fixed various usability issues; see the Change Log for more detail
      • Fixed various bugs; see the Change Log for more detail
    • Auto-Fit
      • Added support for applying pose data in clones to morphs that are not removed
      • Added support for clone asset ERC links
      • Optimized pose corrective morphs
      • Now provides cursor feedback while busy
    • Transfer Utility
      • Now supports clone assets with embedded pose data
      • Added support for applying pose data in clones to morphs that are not removed
      • Optimized pose corrective morphs
      • Added support for clone asset ERC links
      • Fixed a skin binding issue with the "Replace Source With Target" option
    • Shader Mixer
      • Added translation support for new features of Uber Iray Material
    • Map Transfer
      • The alpha channel of a texture is now supported when using GPU
    • Content DB Editor
      • Sending the "LOCAL USER" product to the editor no longer displays the "Product" page within the dialog; the "LOCAL USER" product is a special case catch-all product of which the product specific details should not be modified
      • The "LOCAL USER" store is now explicitly listed in the store selector on the "Product" page of the dialog instead of displaying an empty value
      • Now checks that a file is not user-facing (loadable) before it allows that file to be listed in the support files list
      • Editing a file listed in the Support File(s) list and choosing a user-facing file removes the edited entry from the list
      • Root categories now use a path combobox dialog instead of root categories menu; prevents the menu from becoming so large that it cannot fit on the screen
    • Database Driven Asset Views
      • Dragging and dropping an asset onto a category when the "Filter By Context" option is checked and an object in the scene is selected will now ask whether or not the user would like to mark the asset(s) as being compatible with the compatibility base of the selected object
    • Database Driven Product Views
      • When the path of an icon for a product cannot be determined from a database entry (e.g., installed/imported vs created), an attempt is made to locate an icon in the mapped Daz Studio/Poser Format directories where the path/name matches the pattern ./Runtime/Support/<StoreID>_[<ProductToken>_]<Product_Name>.<Ext>; the PNG extension is attempted followed by the JPG extension if not found
    • Menus
      • Updated default menus; recommend running the "Update and Merge Menus" script
    • Color Widgets
      • Added an ability to invoke a screen color picker from any color widget by pressing the AltModifier on the keyboard while initiating a left-click + hold from the area of the color-well between the numeric values; the cursor will change to a cross and the color will update as the cursor is moved; releasing the left-click + hold commits the color of the pixel currently under the center of the cross cursor; right-clicking while the left-click + hold is still active cancels the operation
    • Preferences
      • Added a Log Size preference (and a Default button) to the General page in the Preferences dialog
  • Saving/Loading
    • Character Presets
      • Added support for setting a post-load script to the Save Options dialog
    • Clone Assets
      • Replaced the message box and node selection behavior with a dialog that presents options for choosing which figure represents the base and which figure represents the clone
      • Now suggests a filename based on the clone figure name in the file save dialog
      • Now provides an option within the dialog to select the destination base path; this is automatically set/updated when the Base Figure is selected/updated
      • Now provides a property selection view within the dialog for selecting which properties to remove from the target figure when projecting using the clone via Auto-Fit or Transfer Utility
    • Animation
      • Current animation range is now saved/read to/from a scene file
      • Current play range is now saved/read to/from a scene file
      • FPS is now saved/read to/from a scene file; FPS is no longer written to the startup script
      • Clearing the scene (e.g., File > New) now resets FPS to the default (30)
  • Scripting
    • Many API additions and/or resolved issues in various areas; see the Change Log for more detail
  • Fixed bugs and/or made improvements in various areas; see the Change Log for more detail

Important Notes:

• The first time you launch Daz Studio 4.9, any data that exists in Daz Studio 4.8 tables of the content database is migrated so that it can be used in Daz Studio 4.9.
  • The amount of time the database migration operation takes is proportional to the amount of data to be migrated.
  • The database migration operation does not delete the data that it migrates from the previous location so that it remains accessible by earlier versions and other applications, such as Carrara.
  • Daz Studio 4.9 uses the same PostgreSQL database as Daz Studio 4.6 and later, and/or other applications, such as Carrara.
  • A portion of the data contained within the database is shared amongst versions but not entirely. For example:
    • Creating a category in either Daz Studio 4.9 or 4.8 will cause that category to exist in the other version
    • Assigning a file to that category in Daz Studio 4.9 will NOT cause that file to be assigned to that category in Daz Studio 4.8
    • Assigning a file to that category in Daz Studio 4.8 WILL cause the file to be assigned to the category in Daz Studio 4.9
  • Reseting the database in any version of Daz Studio that uses PostgreSQL (e.g., 4.6 or later) will purge all of data in the database, including any data that may be used by earlier versions or other applications, such as Carrara.
  • After the initial migration operation, edited metadata in Daz Studio 4.8 will not be migrated to Daz Studio 4.9.
    • A workaround is to export User Data from Daz Studio 4.8 and reimport User Data in Daz Studio 4.9.

Known Issues:

• On OS X, selecting a point within a PowerPose template that controls a property which has a range of zero (i.e., its min and max limits are the same value) causes an error to occur that ultimately causes the application to crash. An example of this occuring can be seen when using the default template set (true if the selected figure does not have a template set that was built for it specifically—e.g., Genesis 3) and an attempt is made to click + drag a node point that has certain transform properties limited in order to prevent certain rotations on that node (e.g., Left/Right Shoulder Twist or Left/Right Thigh Twist).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Public Beta Threads:

Previous General Releases:

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,162

Has the NVIDIA Iray renderer been updated?

Yes, it has.

*Note: The entries below come directly from the NVIDIA Iray 2016.3.2/2016.3.1 release notes. Some entries, such as the mention of Iray Realtime, Linux, etc, currently have no bearing on Daz Studio itself but are included for completeness.

Iray 2016.3.2, build 278300.12584

Added and Changed Features

• General
      • Timestamps in log messages have been changed to include now the time zone offset.
      • Timestamps in HTTP headers have been changed to conform to RFC 2616.

Fixed Bugs

• General
      • A problem with degenerate polys where the hole equals the outer loop has been fixed. A vdebug message is printed if poly loops are ignored. Bug #18097.
      • A crash on a degenerate poly with lots of duplicate vertices and a 0-area hole has been fixed. Bug #18097.
      • The node manager now prints the IP address rather than the hostname for nodes joining the group.
      • In the node manager, a potential deadlock has been fixed when get_property was called from a property callback. Bug #17951.
    • .mi File Exporter
      • The export of the trace depth parameters depth reflect, depth refract and depth are now handled independently, whenever given. Bug #17881.
      • The export of bsdf measurements has been fixed. The filename was not quoted and hence caused a syntax error. Bug #17873.
      • A crash during export of multiple tex spaces has been fixed. The exporter tried to access multiple tex spaces using the same connectivity, which failed. Later on, the tex spaces were accessed unconditionally, even though they were 0. Bug #18118.
    • Iray Bridge
      • A rare hang bug when calling cancel render on an Iray Cloud render context has been fixed.
      • A missing check that the provided scene name to Iray_bridge_client_api_component::create_snapshot_context() indeed names an IScene element has been added. Before, this would succeed for any valid database element and the error would not be spotted until trying to import the .cb snapshot.
      • A bug has been fixed where additional video streams created when rendering in stereo would not be closed properly when switching back to mono. The streams remained open and hogged bandwidth that should be assigned to other streams.
    • Iray Photoreal
      • Potential crashes with motion blur and batch rendering when using auto instancing mode have been fixed. Bug #18214.
      • Crashes from wrong internal data versioning have been fixed. Bug #18146.
      • Accessing empty geometry instances/groups has been fixed. Bug #18116.
    • Iray Interactive
      • Global Illumination for planar light sources with single sided EDF (local EDF on the front side and no EDF on the back side) has been fixed and improved.
    • Material Definition Language (MDL)
      • Previously, cycles in material graphs led to a crash during rendering. Now such cycles are recognized during rendering and materials with such cycles will be ignored. Bug #18078.
      • The JIT compiled implementation of math::sign() has been fixed.
      • The module name is now being used instead of an empty filename when reporting an exception location in the JIT backend.
      • Built-in modules like ::base do not have a file name in current Iray versions. The module name is now reported in case an exception is fired there inside jitted code.
      • A crash when evaluating the MDL environment has been fixed. Bug #18057.
      • A rare crash has been fixed that occurred when an array constructor was used inside a uniform expression. Bug #18184.
      • Archive version information is now handled correctly. Bug #17930.
      • The handling of the color(float) converter when used inside the fixed function pipeline of Iray has been fixed. Bug #18206.
      • Zero sized arrays in MDL's spectral color constructor no longer cause a crash.
  • rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,162

Iray 2016.3.1, build 278300.6408

Added and Changed Features

• General
      • Both .mi importer and .mi exporter now correctly handle multiple shader attributes attached to MDL material instances or MDL function calls.
      • The detection whether stderr is connected to a console on Windows has been fixed. This lead to missing log output when the default logger was used.
    • Iray Bridge
      • irt_cloud now supports the option "scheduler_mode" which can be set to "batch", "synchronous", or "interactive".

Fixed Bugs

• Iray Bridge
      • A bug has been fixed where passing a NULL progress callback to the render() method of Iray Bridge render contexts could cause a crash.
    • Iray Photoreal & Iray Interactive
      • An issue where JIT-compiled MDL expressions evalauted incorrectly in combination with base.mdl has been fixed.
    • Iray Photoreal
      • Potential crashes when using section planes featuring invalid normal vectors have been fixed.
      • Potential issues with invalid geometry and shading normals (resulting for example in NaNs in the auxiliary buffers/render elements) have been fixed.
      • Brightness differences between Linux and Windows versions in very specific corner cases of the sun & sky environment settings have been fixed.
      • Banding artifacts in fake shadows on matte objects are now avoided.
      • Wrong alpha values during internal RGB->RGBA texture conversion have been fixed.
      • Cases where the result of some light path expressions (LPEs) in combination with matte objects depended on other LPEs have been fixed.
      • Banding artifacts of matte objects shadows on curved geometry have been fixed.
      • Potential crashes with textured emission and light updates on Linux have been fixed.
      • A crash happening with two sided emitting materials has been fixed.
    • Iray Interactive
      • A bug causing a finite environment dome to occlude geometry located outside the dome has been fixed.
      • A bug has been fixed that caused screen-space image-based lighting to produce erroneous shadows when rendering using an orthographic camera.
      • A crash has been fixed that showed if a textured area light was rendered with Iray Interactive.
      • A crash when rendering stereo images using multiple hosts has been fixed.
    • Material Definition Language (MDL)
      • The comparison of semantic version numbers in the manifest of MDL archives has been fixed.
      • The MDL compiler now issues a warning for modules in MDL archives that import another module outside the archive without declaring that dependency in the MANIFEST.
  • Earth BalmEarth Balm Posts: 27

Hi, does anybody know: Where do we get the update? It's not in my product library or in my Daz connect list and clicking on the shop product download button just sends me to my product library page. Thanks for any help.

Dale

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Hi, does anybody know: Where do we get the update? It's not in my product library or in my Daz connect list and clicking on the shop product download button just sends me to my product library page. Thanks for any help.

Dale

DIM already has the update.

• chachahchachah Posts: 27

Hi, Earth Balm. Just run the Install Manager. The update is there.

Have a creative day.

• Earth BalmEarth Balm Posts: 27

Hi, Thanks Ati and chachah. I found it via the install mananger but thought that particular application was superceded by Daz Connect (where I couldn't find the file). I have it now and it's working fine but thank you both for taking the ime to answer.

Dale

• Under mac OS Sierra 10.12.5, closing the app, as usual, Daz Studio freezes. It closes itself after about a minute...

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,859

The workspace bug is still here!
    When I click on "Frame" button in the right side the view gets skyrocketed far away!

• With the Iray update, does this mean we can actually do Iray motion blur now?

Iray Photoreal

• Potential crashes with motion blur and batch rendering when using auto instancing mode have been fixed. Bug #18214.
  • StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,156
    rbtwhiz said:

• Iray Photoreal

Does Iray in Daz Studio have a motion blur option?..I can't find it 

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    rbtwhiz said:

• Iray Photoreal

Be good if it did, but I suspect we have yet to have all the potential and features of Iray 'unwrapped' and presented to us - no fault of DAZ I hasten to add, it's a huge task I'd imagine.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited June 2017
    rbtwhiz said:

• Iray Photoreal

Render engines may offer motion blur features.

But the current DAZ Studio API may not support all types.

-> Camera Motion blur could work (Blur based on camera movement. Working in OcDS.)

-> Object Motion blur could work (  Blur calculated based on hip position. Car etc. )

-> Vertex Motion Blur is not supported by the current DAZ Studio API (Blur calculated on vertice (point) position. Limb movement of morphed figures like Genesis)

Motion blur may only show up in the final renders of an image series and not in the preview viewport.

You may need to adjust values like the "Shutter speed".

Lower value = higher blur

But I was not able to figure out how  it works in DAZ Studio Iray as well.

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • mininessiemininessie Posts: 324
    edited June 2017

sorry ...but i can´t find it even in the DIM...how i need to do it? is not working now as always did!

and i have the latest install manager

Post edited by mininessie on
  • With the Iray update, does this mean we can actually do Iray motion blur now?

Iray Photoreal

As noted, the Iray change log is the nVidia log and as such has entries that do not (yet, at least) apply to DS.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

Hey, do daz really think this version have tested well to release product build? I am very afraid. even thoug check pose controoler.

whey need to offer it as product build?  

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,812

sorry ...but i can´t find it even in the DIM...how i need to do it? is not working now as always did!

and i have the latest install manager

If you have the previous General Release installed, this one should show up. Check in DIM settings (Downloads tab) that you have DAZ Studio 4.5+, Software and your OS selected.

thank you so much! still no luck...perhaps later will be fixed.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

I'm such a noob.  I don't understand any of that tech speak.  What is PowerPose?  How is auto-fit been improved?

thank you so much! still no luck...perhaps later will be fixed.

You do have it in your account? See the How do I get the latest version? section

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/990681/#Comment_990681

ok...i found it in the Product library searching like is said in the link...thank you!

for some reason it don´t shows in the DIM

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

I found a thread about Power pose, so at least that is cleared up.

• Wow. You guys have been busy. I'll try to download the update tonight -- Im guessing that during the day your server is going to be busy.

So DAZ offer new "Power pose" template  for genesis3,  But can not "bend" and "front -back" about  "both sholder", and new option, Arm curl can only work? 

And Both Thigh can not bend ?  Or daz finally think to start sell Power pose template by vendor ,then not think it is  problem, then leave them as WIP

with both ds product and beta ? devil or I miss something to up-date from DIM package? 

there are  many nodes, (chelst lower, or abodoman lower,,)  which can not pose from this default power pose template,,but they need to rotate.

this tool is still wip. (and I never plan to use it ). I think just select nodes and use parameter tab seems far more better than current power pose. not offer power at all.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,707
    Imago said:

The workspace bug is still here!
    When I click on "Frame" button in the right side the view gets skyrocketed far away!

Well it's supposed to jump to the object currently selected (which seems to work OK) so in many cases the view will move/change quite a bit.

• pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506

I rendering in Iray faster as well?

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

So,,,,,,the big question I have is does this new IRAY allow use of more than one computer for rendering without purchasing a separate IRAY license?  The mention of "Cloud" is interesting....

• HarbadixHarbadix Posts: 126

Been looking for mention of it but cant see anything ( I probably missed it ) does the latest version still have the 3delight render engine? (I dont wantto install the update and then find it only has the Iray render engine)

Thanks

Harbadix said:

Been looking for mention of it but cant see anything ( I probably missed it ) does the latest version still have the 3delight render engine? (I dont wantto install the update and then find it only has the Iray render engine)

Thanks

Yes.

• So DAZ offer new "Power pose" template  for genesis3,  But can not "bend" and "front -back" about  "both sholder", and new option, Arm curl can only work? 

And Both Thigh can not bend ?  Or daz finally think to start sell Power pose template by vendor ,then not think it is  problem, then leave them as WIP

with both ds product and beta ? devil or I miss something to up-date from DIM package? 

there are  many nodes, (chelst lower, or abodoman lower,,)  which can not pose from this default power pose template,,but they need to rotate.

this tool is still wip. (and I never plan to use it ). I think just select nodes and use parameter tab seems far more better than current power pose. not offer power at all.

The pane has been updated but there isn't yet a template for the Genesis 3 figures - though it is being worked on

someone test  spot render with new window?  I do not remember clear, when it change, but now it change scale selected part, then show render image.

It still work with Viewport option, but It can not store render and compare rendered image . if "new window option" show render with same scale about spot render area, 

I can clear see difference, (and why sopt render with new image can not store render in Render Album,,,( I believe You DAZ team can think more usablility, if you offer spot render,,, You do not think, it should be useful, If I can store image in render album, as same as Usuall render?  Or there is secret option about render setting or Camera etc?

at least it did not change when I set Camera, then try spot render for me.

Or have it been reported ?  then already corrected in DAZ new private build?  

imageimageimage

spotrender1.JPG
    spotrender2.JPG
    spotrender3.JPG