Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    edited April 2017

​The point is, I now have David 5's SHAPE on G3F - but I can't apply his skin map.

Go to Genesis section in the list.  (since that's the lowest generation) and you'll see a product that does it. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2017

Here's a few things I'm considering from the 85% sale. I've taken the time to do calculations (not typing those up, just believe me) and if you buy enough of the 85% items, when getting two of the new ones (which triggers 20% more off) it works out to the new items dropping to $6-8 apiece when figuring the savings. I'm thinking UberBase then Iray shaders, and you get some real treasures. 

The first one which is a must have for me is the athletic uniform, because it doesn't have the stupid low slung waists that many newer ones have. D Formers are not hard to do and you can make areas which dip in to get even more variety. Remember, think shaders for a fun polyester look. 
    Female Tees N Tracks      Male Tees N Tracks  See also Jersey Set for Stephanie 3 Petite

Now look at these two. The second one turns the pants into capri pants and shorts. The shirt waistline has a nice hem. Good attention to detail. You can make so many outfits with these two! (and I actually like the materials in the second one. Just UberBase!
    V3 and SP Clothing Pack  (not impressive, but look at the second one, which changes thing to shorts and capris. It's NOT just textures.)
    Pastels for V3/SP3 Clothing Pack    Change up those outfits!

Love these for toys! It's a pose set and oh what fun for toy soldiers!  (Grab the M3 Cavalry and Millennium Horse which are required)
    Cavalry Action  

The Kenji the Scrapper outfit is rather sleek, I like it. ANd Rudi's poofy pants are unique.
    The Shepherd is a classic. That head cover with the "winged out" area can be easily fixed with either bones or a dformer.
    Did you catch the one by Luthbel?  Wildenlander

Outfits that many others are based on:
    M3 Ultra BodySuit  (See Concord Series)   M3 Hooded Cloak (a PC item)   M3 Tunic Pack
    Then you can have outfits like the Elvish Styles
    The Victoria 3 Ultra Catsuit is required for a lot of the scifi ones.  (See Concord series) 

This V4 product will tell you what you need (I didn't mess with the V3, just V4, and I've had this for years.)  Note the PC+ items are not further discounting. So there's no rush.

Post edited by Novica on

Interesting. Five of Luthbel's for $7.49. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,684
    Novica said:

Here's a list of some of the utilities to work across different generations. It will be in the Reference post of this thread (the second post.)  

It doesn't matter if you are going from a higher generation to a lower one, or a lower to the higher- this list will put the product in the LOWEST generation involved.    This is because some of these products can involve multiple generations as options.

Generation 3
    GenX AddOn Gen3 Bundle  Transfer morphs for Victoria 3, Michael 3, Stephanie 3 Petite, David 3, The Freak 3, Aiko 3, and Hiro 3 to Genesis and Genesis 2.

GenX2 AddOn Gen3 Kids  Transfer base shape of Laura, Luke, Maddie, and Matt, using GenX2, to Genesis and Genesis 2. (see Genesis Generation X2 for requirements for using Genesis 2.) 

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3 Special Edition: Victoria 3  Use Victoria 3 textures on Genesis 3 Females.

Generation 4
    Genesis Generation X2  For Generation 4, Genesis, Genesis 2 to transfer morphs between the generations. 
    GenX2 also translates poses or expressions with morph values and morph injections or shaping presets to be used with the transferred morphs. (Must have GenX2 AddOn For Genesis 2 to use Genesis 2, and to transfer morphs between the two Genesis 2 figures (Male/Female.) 

Wear Them All- Autofitting Clones And Clothing Smoothers For Genesis 3 Females
    Autofit Victoria 4, Michael 4, Genesis and Genesis 2 Female clothing to Genesis 3 Female (also contains cleaveage smoothers/fixers)

Wear Them All- Autofitting Clones And Clothing Smoothers For Genesis 3 Males
    Autofit Victoria 4, Michael 4, Genesis and Genesis 2 Female clothing to Genesis 3 Male(also contains bulge fixers/chest smoothers/fixers)

Michael 4 For Genesis 2 Males  Use Michael 4 textures, morphs, and clothing on Genesis 2 Males. Note: the UVs can also be applied to Genesis 2 Female.

Legacy UVs For Genesis 3: Michael 4   Use Michael 4 textures on Genesis 3 Males.

Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Females   Use Victoria 4 textures, morphs and clothing on Genesis 2 Females.  See the next product if you want to avoid manually doing the process.

V4 Skins Auto Converter For Genesis 2 Female(s)  Reads V4 texture files  .ds  .dsa   .PZ2  and converts them for you so you don't have to do them one by one. It's a "speed it up helper" for the Victoria 4 For Genesis 2 Females. 

Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Male(s) Use the shapes of Genesis Basic Male, Michael 4, Hiro 4, and The Freak 4 on your Genesis 2 Males.

Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Female(s)  Use the shapes of Genesis Basic Female, Victoria 4, Stephanie 4, Aiko 4, and The Girl 4 on Genesis 2 Females.

Kids 4 UVs for Genesis 2 Male(s) and Female(s):  Check your Product Library, it was a limited time freebie at Christmas and not available in the store. Many thanks to Draagonstorm. Includes the Kids 4 textures and custom boy and girl morphs

Genesis

Genesis 2 Male and Female Base UVs for Genesis   Use any textures made with the Genesis 2 Male or Female Base on Genesis.

Victoria 6 and Michael 6 UVs for Genesis  Use any textures based on the Victoria or Michael 6 on Genesis.

Generation 5 UV Bundle for Genesis 2 Male(s)  Contains the UV sets for David 5, Hiro 5, and Freak 5. (Michael 5 already comes with Genesis 2.) If any of your Generation 5's require the Michael 4 UVs, you must own Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Males. (see description under Generation 4) 

Generation 5 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Male  Shapes include Genesis (1) Basic Male, Michael 5, Michael 5 Hero, David 5, Hiro 5, Freak 5, Freak 5 SuperFreak, and Young Teen Justin. Additional head shapes are included for Michael 5 (two additional heads), David 5 (three additional heads), Freak 5 (six additional heads), and Young Teen Justin (one additional head

Generation 5 UV Bundle for Genesis 2 Female(s)  Contains the UV sets for Aiko 5 and Stephanie 5. (Victoria 5 already comes with Genesis 2.) If any of your Generation 5's require the Victoria 4 UVs, you must own Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Females.

Generation 5 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Female(s)   Shapes for Genesis (1) Basic Female, Victoria 5, Victoria 5 SuperModel, Stephanie 5, Stephanie 5 Curvy and Model Bodies, Aiko 5, and Young Teen Julie. Additional head shapes are included for Stephanie 5 (two additional heads) and Young Teen Julie (three additional heads). Put the shapes on Genesis 2 Females.

Genesis 2 Female Clone For Genesis  Use Genesis 2 Female clothing on Genesis. 

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis Pack   Use Michael 5, David 5, Stephanie 5, and Aiko 5 textures on Genesis 3.

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Victoria 5  Use your Victoria 5 textures on Genesis 3 Female.

Genesis 2

GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2   So GenX2 can be used with Genesis 2. Now, it's possible to transfer morphs from Genesis and supported Poser figures to Genesis 2 Male and Female. In addition, morphs may be transferred from Genesis 2 to Genesis or between the Male and Female version of Genesis 2

Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter:   Convert your Genesis 2 poses to Genesis 3.  (Male and Female)  

Pose Builder for Genesis 3   Mix and match Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 poses.

Genesis 3 Female For Genesis 2 Female(s)   Autofit Genesis 3 Female clothing to Genesis 2 Females.

Genesis 3 Male For Genesis 2 Male(s)    Autofit Genesis 3 Male Clothing to Genesis 2 Males.

Genesis 3 UVs For Genesis 2 Female(s)  Use Genesis 3 textures on Genesis 2 Females

Genesis 3 UVs For Genesis 2 Male(s)   Use Genesis 3 textures on Genesis 2 Males

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Victoria 6   Use Victoria 6 textures on Genesis 3 Females.

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis 2 Male and Michael 6  Use the Genesis 2 Base Male and Michael 6 textures on Genesis 3 Male.

Genesis 2 Legacies For Genesis 3 Male: Heroes  Shapes for Michael 6, Gianni 6, Darius 6, Lee 6, and Scott 6, as well as an optimized version of the Genesis 2 Base Male, to put on Genesis 3 Male.

Genesis 2 Legacies for Genesis 3 Female: Stylish  Shapes for Giselle 6, Keiko 6, Lilith 6, and Ninive 6, as well as an optimized version of the Genesis 2 Base Female, to put on Genesis 3 Female.

Genesis 2 Legacies for Genesis 3 Female: Beauties   Shapes for Olympia 6, Monique 6, Mei Lin 6, and Gia 6, as well as an optimized version of the Genesis 2 Base Female.

Genesis 2 Legacies for Genesis 3 Female: Classics   Shapes for Victoria 6, Aiko 6, Stephanie 6, and The Girl 6, as well as an optimized version of the Genesis 2 Base Female.

Genesis 3 
    Genesis 3 UV Swap: Male and Female Base  Put the female textures on the male, and the male on the female.

GenX2 AddOn For Genesis 3  Now, it's possible to transfer morphs from Genesis, Genesis 2, and supported Poser figures to Genesis 3 Male and Female. Read the description for more information.

I love all the Genesis 2 Legacies for G3. I got those before I purchased any G2s when I first started with DS last March and it's so cool to use Keiko on G3! And they really add to the gene pool!  To be honest, I don't really see a need for G2s, although by now I've collected a bunch in supersales but I rarely use them. I suppose I should because now I own so many and I do like Aiko 6, Lilith 6 and the Girl 6 better than the 7 versions and the legacy versions for G3 aren't EXACTLY the same but close. I'm actually surprised Daz allowed those products...

edited April 2017
    Llynara said:
    DSDT said:

A year ago everyone was complaining about G3 and saying that they had all their money and content invested in G2 and they had no desire to change to a new generation so quickly. I remember all the conversations. Personally, I had put together a mostly Freebie content library, and it was mostly G2 oriented, so I tended to agree. 

Over the last year, with the blowout sales, my G3 library is now as robust, if not more, than my G2 library - and I find myself moving stuff right past G2 to G3 with utilities like Cayman's UV sets and GenX2. 

And there is no doubt that renders of G3 take less effort to look better. 

And I don't know if you've noticed, but there aren't a lot of those, "I'll give up G2 when you pry them out of my cold, dead hands," conversations going on in the forums anymore. 

Same thing will happen whenever G4 does come out. Although worrying about THAT has been going on ever since last year, too. 

People don't like change... Windows, Office, Illustrator and Photoshop... whatever they use daily... they hate it when something changes and they feel it is just some trick to get them to spend more money. 

But then a year down the road, they feel the same way about whatever the new thing was that they used to hate, most often. 

I'm as guilty as anyone. I still grumble about the supscription only CC model Adobe has now. I'd rather pay $600 each for perpetual licenses to a static version of Photoshop and Illustrator and have it and know I can still run it 20 years from now rather than pay for it as a service. 

I think the grumbling stopped because it fell on deaf ears, not because we conceded. I still like Genesis 2 and Genesis better than Genesis 3 and the new tools like Anagenessis don't make me move towards G3, quite the opposite, they breathe new life into the older figures and I realize there's no give up my favorites. And then there's the free scripts to convert the pose files, the clothing filts better across the different older generations. And then there's the other weird thing, the biggest problem in my opinion, I find a lot of the newer G3F and G3M figures very bland and plastic looking. I don't know why that is, but I just don't like the looks of most of them.

I came to Daz from Poser last year when G3 was already happening and so have lots of G3 clothes but then got G2 and G1 characters when they were on super sale. G1 can wear all the V4 and below clothes I have, but is there a way to use G3 clothes on G2/G1, the reverse of wear them all? There is a way to make your own clones which I may try but wasn't sure if there was a reverse wear them all. 

Valzheimer has G3 clones for G2 (male and female) and Sickleyield has clones that take those items to Genesis. Very handy. I used them a lot as I have characters across all generations. And after playing with V3 for most of this year, I can tell you that Generation 3 is still very usable and Generation 4 is definitely alive and kicking. Yeah, it takes some extra tweaking but totally worth it, Just don't depend on Smart Content, most of that stuff is in the Poser libraries.

Just realized I have G3 to G2 clones but I don't think I have G3 or G2 to G1... I have all the old Gen 3's and Gen 4's and even some Gen 2's (V2, Mill Girls & Boys, I think even Aiko 1!) And now I think I have to start purchasing EvilInnocent's Cross Dresser licenses for Cookie and some other characters... And then I have to really organize my products, my Poser runtime was totally organized until I allowed DIM to install and I don't know how to even begin organizing DS without messing everything up and then I have to STOP buying and just use what I have! Ugh, and then download and install a bunch of Rendo stuff I haven't even gotten around to. Twelve years of paid products, plus a ton of freebies. I could go my whole life rendering something different every day just with what I already own!

Just do custom categories.  Its basically a categorization of links and doesn't move any of real files.  I have a very extensively organized custom category system that works very well.  The hardest part is doing it the first time.  As long as you keep up when you buy stuff you will always know exactly where your stuff is.

Here is a post I did showing some of my custom categories and how I organize.  You can of course, do it any way you want to.

That's exactly how I had my Poser files set up! But I haven't figured out how to do it in DS yet. How do you create (ugh, autocorrect just put in "cremate" LOL) a category like weapons and then sub-categories like guns and then just adding that one thing from a set with any textures? And then you are suppposed to be able to add something to a folder in the content panel by clicking the + sign but that doesn't work. It's been a year now and I'm still pretty clueless when it comes to DS...

Another problem I have is although I usually use my Mac, I often also use a Windows laptop in bed when I'm really lazy or have insomnia LOL. Also, my files are really messed up with some being DIM and others being Connect because half the time DIM doesn't work. And I still have a lot of white triangles with exclamation marks where things won't install at all... Going back and forth with Tech support. Ugh....

Post edited by Wonderland on

Anyone know of any UV sets to use G1M maps on G3F?

Heh. As ridiculous as that sounds, I have a need - and it isn't for something creepy on Deviant Art.

​I guess if I'm buying something - G1M on G3M would be OK, too. I just went that way with GenX2 thinking that maybe I'd get away with mapping the skin to G2F then using it on G3M from there. I don't know what I was thinking, exactly, except that I didn't want to spend any more money.

​The point is, I now have David 5's SHAPE on G3F - but I can't apply his skin map.

Wouldn't this work? https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-genesis-pack

Novica (or anyone else)

I'm curious about what exactly you're returning and why. So far I have not returned anything (unless it was a duplicate from a bundle purchased right after) but am seriously considering returning the squirrel, all three parts of it if I can't get it to work in 3Delight or IRay. Usually I don't get around to testing something within the 30 days and then it's too late. I have several of AM's other animals that I haven't tried yet and I really hope they're not as bad as the squirrel because they are way too old to return. There are only a few items I may have returned if I had tried them in time and many which are currently unusable only because I'm CPU only, so no way of really testing them yet. Now I know to only get those when on a ridiculous crazy sale because who knows when I'll be able to use them... I also purchased some older stuff I probably should have returned but I'm fine with fixing things up in postwork, I actually enjoy it, and at least I can render the older stuff and even in Poser if I want...

But what are people returning and why? Thanks.

edited April 2017

I returned the fellow I posted a couple days ago that had the iris problem (with the lines outside the iris) and the Anagenessis 2 Revolution, which  is not a one click solution with the "most realistic portrayal you'll ever see."  I find that extremely misleading and it certainly isn't the case at all. The thread is full of people trying to tweak the settings to get results similar to what is shown.  I personally dislike the metallic sheen on skin which I've seen on some of the Anagenessis renders, and several users tested multiple light sets that ALWAYS give great results on other portraits and scenes and still got red or very unusual results, or more tweaking was required. The commercial thread has those results, and tips because it isn't a one click solution. Based on the advertising-  I felt too much tweaking was needed compared to the wonderful V3Digitime products. (Linked one of them, visit her store to see the different generations.) You can change the color and sheen very easily, and I feel the advertising on those are very honest. You get exactly what is promoted and IT WORKS. It's like playtime!!!

A long time ago I returned a shoe product (which took a year to fix, not mentioning it because it IS fixed) that had the bows shooting off the shoes! They had to be put on separately, and when the second one was added, the first bow shot out into space. I was a newbie, and spent four hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong- it had to be ME, right? Then bless Jaderail and I think it was Szark, two very experienced users- they finally saw my post and were testing it and saying how bizarre it was. 

Now, if something doesn't have separate walls (and not all product descriptions are good) and it's a small room, I'll probably be returning those lightning fast unless I get it dirt cheap for the props.  

Post edited by Novica on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited April 2017

I am returning two items.

One is dastardly slow to render and doesn't give the same results to me as the promo using the preload screen. Not sure why. It is sci-fi square 

The other is the skin-blender product. Seems like a good idea, but the eyebrows are a problem area, and everytime I save the skin that is blended when I reload I get an error about cache and it fails to load.  I tried the help forums about the eyebrows but got no response.

I'm at the phase in my daz game that I don't bother with tickets too much. If it doesn't work I return it. There are other products that do work and I can use right away.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I'm with Serene Night - if something requires lots of fiddling to 'fix it', i just return it. I'm truly not interested in spending money on something that won't do what it should "out of the box". If I have to crank up the smoothing to an insane number to get a pair of underpants to work properly on the figure it was designed for, and then maybe use deformers or whatever, I'm not interested. Unfortunately that particular outfit was purchased to long before my trying it to return it, despite having an ongoing ticket for over 6 months. So I uninstalled it and won't buy that particular vendor's products again. I definitley would have returned it if i could - but it was part of a bundle unfortunately. 

I haven't returned anything for ages - the last thing I returned was that Twilight hair and the Twilight Falls hair and that was the first thing in AGES I had returned. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,018
    Novica said:

...I felt too much tweaking was needed compared to the wonderful V3Digitime products. (Linked one of them, visit his store to see the different generations.) ...

V3Digitimes is female, and I agree that her skin converters work very well!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    Novica said:

the Anagenessis 2 Revolution, 

I wanted to like Anagenessis 2 Revolution but found it difficult to achieve comparative skin tones  to the original skins. I wanted to enhance the skins I have but not alter the tones.

barbult said:

V3Digitimes is female, and I agree that her skin converters work very well!

Oh shoot, I knew that! Thanks. I'll change it.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,804
    edited April 2017

I've been working all day learning more about rigging. I've done bus and cabinet doors before so though I'd do something a little more organic. I was able to add eight bones with their weight maps to a snake staff from the PC+ Staff Pack. Let's you add in a little more flex to the staff.

In many ways I'm still flying blind but making progress based on free and purchased tutorials and videos. I think this is the hardest thing I've tried to do with DS. Here's a couple of renders and an animated gif showing the staff transforming from a straight stick to a curved object. The bearer of the staff is Dale for Genesis 3 Male wearing Fantasy Friar Outfit for Genesis 3 Males and Buzzed Hair. This is the first time I've used Dale and I thought the shape of his face and his facial hair made a good fit for the friar outfit.

Like I did for the cabinet doors, I've started putting together a tutorial I'll be posting in the Commons.

Snake wizard05.jpg
    640 x 800 - 125K
    Snake wizard11.jpg
    640 x 800 - 123K
    Snake staff curled.png
    800 x 800 - 215K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Nice. I forgot who was talking about rigging in this thread. I may have questions for you. I'm thinking of making a polo shirt in Hexagon, but I want the color to be able to morph along the seam to wear it Cuff Up or Cuff down, like an 80s preppy. I feel like what you're messing around with might be the best way to do that. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That's exactly how I had my Poser files set up! But I haven't figured out how to do it in DS yet. How do you create (ugh, autocorrect just put in "cremate" LOL) a category like weapons and then sub-categories like guns and then just adding that one thing from a set with any textures? And then you are suppposed to be able to add something to a folder in the content panel by clicking the + sign but that doesn't work. It's been a year now and I'm still pretty clueless when it comes to DS...

Another problem I have is although I usually use my Mac, I often also use a Windows laptop in bed when I'm really lazy or have insomnia LOL. Also, my files are really messed up with some being DIM and others being Connect because half the time DIM doesn't work. And I still have a lot of white triangles with exclamation marks where things won't install at all... Going back and forth with Tech support. Ugh....T

To create your main categories you go to Categories and right click.  Choose create a subcategory.  You can create as many as you want, in my example you can see I have the most broad categorization for stuff, the most general like People, Props, Poses etc.  If you want to create a category under people you just do the same thing, right click and create category.  Once you get it to the point that you want to start adding actual items you can either right click on the item name and click on create a category from and choose either this folder only or this folder and all subfolders. It will open a box with all of your categories and subcategories and you just click on where you want it and it will creat a sub category under the one you picked.  Or you can right click and drag on the items thumbnails and then right click on any one and choose create subfolder and it will allow you to drill down and choose where you want that to go, then you right click the subcategory it goes and type in a name, and check the box it creates to add the items.  This is good if you want to creat multiple categories from one set, like you want shoes as part of an outfit to go into two categories, clothing and shoes. Or whatever.    I can't help with a Mac as I don't have one.  I just created my categories by going down the list, first the Daz Studio library then the poser library.  You can categorize them in your categories together.  If you have any questions let me know, I will answer tomorrow as its past bedtime here lol.

Rich, that worked out great!! Happy for you. I've got over 100 bones in my toon character (that isn't my project, can't show) and the weight mapping is a bit tedious due to being so specific. Haven't even begun with the smoothing.

For other folks, I do recommend the Blondie and Thomas tutorials on rigging to start getting a better feel on it. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,018
    Novica said:

the Anagenessis 2 Revolution, 

I wanted to like Anagenessis 2 Revolution but found it difficult to achieve comparative skin tones  to the original skins. I wanted to enhance the skins I have but not alter the tones.

I never purchased it, because I never saw even one user render that I thought looked better than the original skin. Personal preference, I guess.

The site will be changing over in fifteen minutes, I am just now using the new Wear It All and testing an adorable Aiko 3 outfit. I don't know if it's in the sale or not, I already had it, but I can tell you Zamara Dress and the How Cute Is That (which I haven't tried) should be on your list. The Zamara Dress is adorable. What I am going to do with these older ones, is tell you where to find it Content Library, and what steps you go through. If I do enough of them (and you) we will do a summary post and put it in the References. I'm tired of hunting around with these things, there's no rhyme or reason for some of them. I just bought clothing and it's not in clothing (Poser and Daz Formats) so I'll see what's where.

• NathNath Posts: 2,708

And the product I've been waiting for and keeping some of my GC apart for is here: https://www.daz3d.com/mick-bundle

I squeeed when I saw it. Yay for long weekends and time to play.

edited April 2017

Say hello to Aiko 3 clothing! So much FUN! All locations are in the CONTENT LIBRARY. I will tell you the step by step on how to get these results/ use the Wear Them All AutoFit Clones Expansion for Genesis 3 Male(s) and Female(s)  (Known on this thread from now on as WTAACE-G3M/F. I am NOT writing that sucker out again.) 

Shown is Arianna for Karen 7  with the Choppy Bob Hair. If things have already been featured, not linking again.

Zamara For Aiko 3
    Location: Poser Formats>Daz>Figures>Aiko 3 Clothing>Zamara   This is the red material.
    Steps: To Load Zamara Dress
     Load Gen3F or her character. 
    Parameters>General>Fit to Gen3F. 
    Then unsupported pops up, choose Aiko 3. For item type, Dresses>Knee Length.
    Edit>Object>Geometry>Apply Smoothing Modifier. I did 10, Base Shape Matching.
    I also applied the UberBase so it would be Iray compatible.

How Cute Is That!
    Location: Daz Studio Formats>Daz>People>Aiko 3>Clothing>Zamara>How Cute Is That
    Once Zamara is loaded, there was a lot of pokethrough.

Steps:  Expand Sides .077   Expand Depth 0.15  And shoulder straps disappear in places.  0.080 for StrapAdj L and R. 
    Two textures. In the white with black pokadots, notice the material stretching where the legs pull apart, so first impression is to keep this dress a solid color, or watch that skirt closely. The second texture is the denim. You can remove that heart if you remove the frills. 

Material Zones: Great options!!! Bodice, Skirt, Trim on top, frills (which also removes the heart, so like a totally different dress!!!)  However, note in the How Cute Is That! the laces down the front do NOT have material zones. 

EDIT: IMPORTANT: I tried the Zamara Dress with other materials and it to me is a FAIL. There is a streak going down the middle of the chest through the abdomen, (see first render below and look closely between the breasts)  and where the first frill is, it's very lumpy and puckering. If you're going to use this dress, stick to the original materials for the Zamara Dress or use the Denim.

AriannaCHoppy Bob Aiko3ZamaraDress.png
    550 x 700 - 589K
    AriannaCHoppy Bob Aiko3ZamaraDress2.png
    350 x 700 - 341K
    AriannaCHoppy Bob Aiko3ZamaraDress3.png
    350 x 700 - 353K
    AriannaCHoppy Bob Aiko3ZamaraDress4.png
    350 x 700 - 342K
    AriannaCHoppy Bob Aiko3ZamaraDress5.png
    350 x 700 - 337K
    Post edited by Novica on
    Nath said:

And the product I've been waiting for and keeping some of my GC apart for is here: https://www.daz3d.com/mick-bundle

I squeeed when I saw it. Yay for long weekends and time to play.

Show us when you get a chance. Happy rendering!

Here's my second render with the set:

MICKtest 2.jpg
    1348 x 1056 - 761K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited April 2017

I picked the MICK bundle up as well as Eilish and a couple other things.  Hopefully will have some time to play later this afternoon, I have a bunch of running around to do today.  I was originally just going to buy the MICK construction kit but the three premades he put together are just too gorgeous to pass up.  And I don't always have time to build my own.

Edited to add - The premades COME WITH THE PROPS - the bedroom has 30 props that come with. 

The Hall comes with 13 props and the Kitchen comes with 97 props. 

This bundle is a steal

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

I picked the MICK bundle up as well as Eilish and a couple other things.  Hopefully will have some time to play later this afternoon, I have a bunch of running around to do today.  I was originally just going to buy the MICK construction kit but the three premades he put together are just too gorgeous to pass up.  And I don't always have time to build my own.

Edited to add - The premades COME WITH THE PROPS - the bedroom has 30 props that come with. 

The Hall comes with 13 props and the Kitchen comes with 97 props. 

This bundle is a steal

It is - totally worth the price

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

It looks gorgeous, but dang. I may have to pass for now. Got the Wear Them All and some Gen 3 stuff yesterday and REALLY have to tighten my belt now. 

About Anagenesis 2- I absolutely love it. You can see my many experiments applying it manually to Gen 3 on my art thread. I feel it's totally worth the price. The built in scripts function beautifully on Generation 4, Genesis and Genesis 2. I've applied it to my characters who appear on my upcoming book covers. They look fantastic. I don't like it on V7. To me it doesn't look right, so I don't use it on her. The newer characters coming out are already using some version of it, since it's a merchant resource, so I dont' feel it does as much for Genesis 3. But for the older generations, it's a must have. Yeah, there's a learning curve, but items like GenX2 are far more difficult to learn that Anagenesis. Now that I've learned how to apply the settings manaully, I'm going to try older characters like Cookie, Star! and the older toons. Should be fun.

@donovancolbert I think you need Cayman's Legacy (Genesis) UVs for G3 product. That should do the trick.

edited April 2017

Far Journeyer (V4 / A4  /G4)  (top only)
    Poser Formats>Daz>Figures>A4V4FarJourneyer
    Poser Formats>Daz>Pose>Mat_A4V4Far Journeyer

FW Brianna HD (Gen3F)   wearing Geneva Hair. (UHT shader by Slosh) I used Alicia Pants as the included "pants" would need geometry work, the Wear Them All doesn't recognize it (think "painted on" to keep it simple.) 

Outfit was UberBased. Smoothing Modifier 10. (Edit>Object>Geometry>Apply Smoothing Modifier) 

I'm not tweaking anything so you can see how the conversion worked with the WTA (Wear Them All) The boots could use a little tweaking and I did have a tiny bit of pokethrough.

NOTE: The hanging down part does not work well with most of the poses. The hanging down part is called Loin Cloth and has it's own material zone, it can be hidden. It does NOT work well with most action poses and would need to have bones added. The other hanging down part is the sash and it may need bones but for the poses I tried, it worked fine. See how it is riding along the thigh for the movement? (on YOUR right. Looks too stiff to me though.) 

Material zones: VERY GOOD!  Blouse (which is just chest), Broach, the closures going down the abdomen, each side has it's own material zone so the latch and closure are separate and the lacing between them is also separate. Then shoulder pads and the straps are separate, the panty, sleeves, wristguard, etc. 

BriannaFarJourneyer2.png
    550 x 700 - 385K
    BriannaFarJourneyer3.png
    550 x 700 - 549K
    BriannaFarJourneyer.png
    350 x 679 - 191K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2017

For easy reference, I will add this post to the References and if you want to use the legacy outfits, this will help you find them quickly. If you'd like to help build that post, you can also list where you found the items. (You don't have to render them.)  Please put the exact menu path. This should be for CONTENT LIBRARY.  I'm not getting sidetracked into taking this on as a project (I'm weight mapping) but I'll be doing these off and on.

Where To Find Legacy Clothing

These posts will tell you where to find the outfits (and if I have them, other products for them.) 

Far Journeyer (V4 / A4  /G4) 
    Zamara for Aiko 3   / How Cute Is That
    Victoria 3.0 Ultra Catsuit   (A lot of great material zones) 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2017

Victoria 3.0 Ultra Catsuit
    Needed for the Rogue Pack.
    Poser Formats>Daz>Figures>V3 Morphing Clothes    For the base outfit
    Poser Formats>Daz>Pose>!MAT V3 Catsuit             For hiding outfit sections and provides materials

I reduced the nipples (-36.5%)  on the figure to get the smoother chest look. Note where the sleeves come to, past the wrist, for the catsuit. You may like it, or not. I like it better than too-short sleeves. The silver is how it loaded, out of the box. (LOL, the sword is part of the Rogue Pack.) 

V3 Rogue Pack    I CANT GET THESE MATERIALS TO WORK. 
    Poser Formats>Daz>Pose>MAT V3 Rogue  (spaces are important, it's near the top of the list) for the materials.
    Poser Formats>Daz>Props>V3 Rogue   for the sword
    Poser Formats>Daz>Hands>V3 Rogue   for the grip   (no matter which order I went in, the sword first or pose, or choosing the figure or the hand, it still needed tweaking. Then be sure and parent the sword to the hand if it didn't.) 

Victoria 3.0 Utra Catsuit.png
    350 x 700 - 183K
    Victoria 3.0 Utra Catsuit2.png
    350 x 700 - 296K
    Post edited by Novica on

So I asked in the sale thread but hate to hijack that- I loaded the catsuit onto G3F with the wear them all, then tried to apply the pz2 Rogue textures. The screen flashes, but there's no option to convert the materials (someone said change the UV set, it is set to default UV in Surfaces for the catsuit and clicking the cog doesn't give me any good options.)  I am real close to returning a lot of this stuff I bought yesterday. I am not creating geometry shells to get materials to work. (Not like I would know HOW. Been ages since I did one and it was for hair.) 

I have no trouble adding Iray shaders to the catsuit. Anyone got the V3 Rogue product? (I even tell you where the files are, so you can quickly test it. See previous post.)  Load the catsuit first (also gave you the file location.) 

This discussion has been closed.