Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

It is a good vintage bathing outfit. I have that one - which is for G2 but autofits well - and this one https://www.daz3d.com/vintage-bikini for G3.  

cismic said:
    jakiblue said:

Ok here it is. It IS called Lucille's bikini....I searched "lucille" and it didn't come up. I searched "lucille bikini" and it didn't come up. :sigh: No idea what I am supposed to use for search terms to find it. 

https://www.daz3d.com/lucilles-bikini-for-genesis-2-females

That looks like good 40 - 50's bathing suit maybe even the 60's. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    edited April 2017

Yes, there are a couple of products like this:  https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-for-genesis-2-female-s

Do you happen to know where that post is, that listed all the utilities for using things between generations? It was really useful. Does anyone have it bookmarked? I'll add it to this thread's references if I don't have it. I'm looking now. Edit- Nope. I have a couple of the utility products listed but not an all-encompassing post with the utilities. It's a GREAT post, darn it.

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited April 2017

I love that bathing suit. Doesn't have to be retro although retro is in for that time period.

Sunset.png
    800 x 1294 - 1M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited April 2017
    Novica said:

Yes, there are a couple of products like this:  https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-for-genesis-2-female-s

Do you happen to know where that post is, that listed all the utilities for using things between generations? It was really useful. Does anyone have it bookmarked? I'll add it to this thread's references if I don't have it. I'm looking now. Edit- Nope. I have a couple of the utility products listed but not an all-encompassing post with the utilities. It's a GREAT post, darn it.

I know which one you're talking about, it was a great visual tutorial. I thought I had it bookmarked, but I don't. Can't remember who posted it. I'm trying to find it. This one is close but not it: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24093/transferring-morphs-from-genesis-to-g2m-g2f-and-from-g2m-g2f-to-genesis-now-with-clones/p1

Seems like it was in the forums around the same time frame. And here's a nice older chart of all the generations on Indigo's site: http://indigojanson.com/3d-models-artwork/whos-who-daz3d-characters/

Post edited by Llynara on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,804

These are a generation old  but they're atleast based on real archery.

https://www.daz3d.com/classic-recurve-bow-smart-prop-and-poses

Missed seeing those. Added to my wishlist.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    barbult said:
    Llynara said:
    Valandar said:

Talking about the bad archery poses... My older set of fantasy bows was a buyout, and I didn't do the promos for them. Imagine my dismay when those promos have possibly the worst archery poses I have seen to date...

https://www.daz3d.com/arcane-archery

I had that set too. Love the bows. No idea what's wrong or right in archery. Is there an accurate set of poses available?

@Novica Honey Bolt is cute! I've never seen her before. She's now on my wishlist!

I haven't seen any completely accurate archery poses yet.  Each package might have one or two somewhat accurate poses, but then the rest of the poses are for show not accuracy.  It would be nice if there was a package of nothing but accurate poses for the different bows available here.  Probably won't happen which is why I do my own poses each time I do an image using a bow.  At least, then, I know it's a correct pose.

Maybe YOU should create that pose product and become a PA.

I'd forgotten I'd bought that set for that very reason. Love it! Such beautiful poses. (Just wish it had "archer" or "archery" in the title so it would come up when I'm searching through my content. WTB intelligent search function.)

Llynara said:

I know which one you're talking about, it was a great visual tutorial. I thought I had it bookmarked, but I don't. Can't remember who posted it. I'm trying to find it. This one is close but not it: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24093/transferring-morphs-from-genesis-to-g2m-g2f-and-from-g2m-g2f-to-genesis-now-with-clones/p1

No, this was just a post and someone had taken a great deal (and I do mean GREAT) of time to compile a list of all the products, like legacy uv, genX, Sickleyield products for clothes, etc. It was the most comprehensive post I've ever seen. It may be on my laptop (bookmarked) but that wasn't organized at all and I'm not wading through all that. I'll start Googling and see what I can come up with. (I guess I'll try generation utilities Daz)  

• NathNath Posts: 2,708

FirstBastion said:

Talking about the bad archery poses... My older set of fantasy bows was a buyout, and I didn't do the promos for them. Imagine my dismay when those promos have possibly the worst archery poses I have seen to date...

I had that set too. Love the bows. No idea what's wrong or right in archery. Is there an accurate set of poses available?

@Novica Honey Bolt is cute! I've never seen her before. She's now on my wishlist!

I haven't seen any completely accurate archery poses yet.  Each package might have one or two somewhat accurate poses, but then the rest of the poses are for show not accuracy.  It would be nice if there was a package of nothing but accurate poses for the different bows available here.  Probably won't happen which is why I do my own poses each time I do an image using a bow.  At least, then, I know it's a correct pose.

I'd buy it, but I already have it :-)

edited April 2017

Here's a list of some of the utilities to work across different generations. It will be in the Reference post of this thread (the second post.)  

It doesn't matter if you are going from a higher generation to a lower one, or a lower to the higher- this list will put the product in the LOWEST generation involved.    This is because some of these products can involve multiple generations as options.

Generation 3
    GenX AddOn Gen3 Bundle  Transfer morphs for Victoria 3, Michael 3, Stephanie 3 Petite, David 3, The Freak 3, Aiko 3, and Hiro 3 to Genesis and Genesis 2.

GenX2 AddOn Gen3 Kids  Transfer base shape of Laura, Luke, Maddie, and Matt, using GenX2, to Genesis and Genesis 2. (see Genesis Generation X2 for requirements for using Genesis 2.) 

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3 Special Edition: Victoria 3  Use Victoria 3 textures on Genesis 3 Females.

Generation 4
    Genesis Generation X2  For Generation 4, Genesis, Genesis 2 to transfer morphs between the generations. 
    GenX2 also translates poses or expressions with morph values and morph injections or shaping presets to be used with the transferred morphs. (Must have GenX2 AddOn For Genesis 2 to use Genesis 2, and to transfer morphs between the two Genesis 2 figures (Male/Female.) 

Wear Them All- Autofitting Clones And Clothing Smoothers For Genesis 3 Females
    Autofit Victoria 4, Michael 4, Genesis and Genesis 2 Female clothing to Genesis 3 Female (also contains cleaveage smoothers/fixers)

Wear Them All- Autofitting Clones And Clothing Smoothers For Genesis 3 Males
    Autofit Victoria 4, Michael 4, Genesis and Genesis 2 Female clothing to Genesis 3 Male(also contains bulge fixers/chest smoothers/fixers)

Michael 4 For Genesis 2 Males  Use Michael 4 textures, morphs, and clothing on Genesis 2 Males. Note: the UVs can also be applied to Genesis 2 Female.

Legacy UVs For Genesis 3: Michael 4   Use Michael 4 textures on Genesis 3 Males.

Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Females   Use Victoria 4 textures, morphs and clothing on Genesis 2 Females.  See the next product if you want to avoid manually doing the process.

V4 Skins Auto Converter For Genesis 2 Female(s)  Reads V4 texture files  .ds  .dsa   .PZ2  and converts them for you so you don't have to do them one by one. It's a "speed it up helper" for the Victoria 4 For Genesis 2 Females. 

Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Male(s) Use the shapes of Genesis Basic Male, Michael 4, Hiro 4, and The Freak 4 on your Genesis 2 Males.

Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Female(s)  Use the shapes of Genesis Basic Female, Victoria 4, Stephanie 4, Aiko 4, and The Girl 4 on Genesis 2 Females.

Kids 4 UVs for Genesis 2 Male(s) and Female(s):  Check your Product Library, it was a limited time freebie at Christmas and not available in the store. Many thanks to Draagonstorm. Includes the Kids 4 textures and custom boy and girl morphs

Genesis

Genesis 2 Male and Female Base UVs for Genesis   Use any textures made with the Genesis 2 Male or Female Base on Genesis.

Victoria 6 and Michael 6 UVs for Genesis  Use any textures based on the Victoria or Michael 6 on Genesis.

Generation 5 UV Bundle for Genesis 2 Male(s)  Contains the UV sets for David 5, Hiro 5, and Freak 5. (Michael 5 already comes with Genesis 2.) If any of your Generation 5's require the Michael 4 UVs, you must own Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Males. (see description under Generation 4) 

Generation 5 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Male  Shapes include Genesis (1) Basic Male, Michael 5, Michael 5 Hero, David 5, Hiro 5, Freak 5, Freak 5 SuperFreak, and Young Teen Justin. Additional head shapes are included for Michael 5 (two additional heads), David 5 (three additional heads), Freak 5 (six additional heads), and Young Teen Justin (one additional head

Generation 5 UV Bundle for Genesis 2 Female(s)  Contains the UV sets for Aiko 5 and Stephanie 5. (Victoria 5 already comes with Genesis 2.) If any of your Generation 5's require the Victoria 4 UVs, you must own Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Females.

Generation 5 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Female(s)   Shapes for Genesis (1) Basic Female, Victoria 5, Victoria 5 SuperModel, Stephanie 5, Stephanie 5 Curvy and Model Bodies, Aiko 5, and Young Teen Julie. Additional head shapes are included for Stephanie 5 (two additional heads) and Young Teen Julie (three additional heads). Put the shapes on Genesis 2 Females.

Genesis 2 Female Clone For Genesis  Use Genesis 2 Female clothing on Genesis. 

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis Pack   Use Michael 5, David 5, Stephanie 5, and Aiko 5 textures on Genesis 3.

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Victoria 5  Use your Victoria 5 textures on Genesis 3 Female.

Genesis 2

GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2   So GenX2 can be used with Genesis 2. Now, it's possible to transfer morphs from Genesis and supported Poser figures to Genesis 2 Male and Female. In addition, morphs may be transferred from Genesis 2 to Genesis or between the Male and Female version of Genesis 2

Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter:   Convert your Genesis 2 poses to Genesis 3.  (Male and Female)  

Pose Builder for Genesis 3   Mix and match Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 poses.

Genesis 3 Female For Genesis 2 Female(s)   Autofit Genesis 3 Female clothing to Genesis 2 Females.

Genesis 3 Male For Genesis 2 Male(s)    Autofit Genesis 3 Male Clothing to Genesis 2 Males.

Genesis 3 UVs For Genesis 2 Female(s)  Use Genesis 3 textures on Genesis 2 Females

Genesis 3 UVs For Genesis 2 Male(s)   Use Genesis 3 textures on Genesis 2 Males

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Victoria 6   Use Victoria 6 textures on Genesis 3 Females.

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis 2 Male and Michael 6  Use the Genesis 2 Base Male and Michael 6 textures on Genesis 3 Male.

Genesis 2 Legacies For Genesis 3 Male: Heroes  Shapes for Michael 6, Gianni 6, Darius 6, Lee 6, and Scott 6, as well as an optimized version of the Genesis 2 Base Male, to put on Genesis 3 Male.

Genesis 2 Legacies for Genesis 3 Female: Stylish  Shapes for Giselle 6, Keiko 6, Lilith 6, and Ninive 6, as well as an optimized version of the Genesis 2 Base Female, to put on Genesis 3 Female.

Genesis 2 Legacies for Genesis 3 Female: Beauties   Shapes for Olympia 6, Monique 6, Mei Lin 6, and Gia 6, as well as an optimized version of the Genesis 2 Base Female.

Genesis 2 Legacies for Genesis 3 Female: Classics   Shapes for Victoria 6, Aiko 6, Stephanie 6, and The Girl 6, as well as an optimized version of the Genesis 2 Base Female.

Genesis 3 
    Genesis 3 UV Swap: Male and Female Base  Put the female textures on the male, and the male on the female.

GenX2 AddOn For Genesis 3  Now, it's possible to transfer morphs from Genesis, Genesis 2, and supported Poser figures to Genesis 3 Male and Female. Read the description for more information.

Post edited by Novica on
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited April 2017

As a side note on archery poses, in 2012 three movies with prominent archery came out - Brave, Avengers, and the Hunger Games.

Both Jennifer Lawrence and Jeremy Renner spent a couple months learning to properly shoot a bow, and both complained the directors told them to throw out what they had learned for some more fanciful shots.

Meanwhile, in Brave, the archery shots are amazingly accurate - they even display the Archer's Paradox in the first dozen feet or so.

Post edited by Valandar on
    edited April 2017

@Novica, is this what you mean?

Generation 4

Wear Them All - Autofitting Clones and Clothing Smoothers for Genesis 3 Female(s)  - Autofit Victoria 4, Micheal 4, Genesis and Genesis 2 Female clothing to Genesis 3 Female (also contains cleaveage smoothers/fixers)

Wear Them All - Autofitting Clones and Clothing Smoothers for Genesis 3 Male(s) - Autofit Victoria 4, Micheal 4, Genesis and Genesis 2 Female clothing to Genesis 3 Male (also contains bulge fixers/chest smoothers/fixers)

Genesis 2

Genesis 3 Female for Genesis 2 Female(s)  - autofit Genesis 3 Female clothing to Genesis 2 Female

Genesis 3 Male for Genesis 2 Male(s)  - autofit Genesis 3 Male clothing to Genesis 2 Male 

Post edited by jakiblue on

I don't know why only the bottom two links come up blue and the top ones don't....I ctrl+v both names

That's okay, I'll be clicking the links and grabbing from there. But yes, that is perfect. Keep going! (See what vendor did the products then unclick Hide What I Own and you'll see if they did any others. Right now I'm in Dimension3D so I have those covered. Try Draagonstorm, etc. Slosh has some, if anyone can tackle those.

Genesis 2

Genesis 3 UVs for Genesis 2 Female(s) - 

K4 (?)
    Kids 4 UVs for Genesis 2 Male(s) and Female(s)2014 Christmas Giveaway item - includes morphs - let you use Kids 4 textures with Genesis 2

Genesis

Generation 5 UV Bundle for Genesis 2 Male(s) - contains the UV Sets for David 5, Freak 5 and Hiro 5 to be used with Genesis 2
    Generation 5 UV Bundle for Genesis 2 Female(s) - contains the UV maps for Stephanie 5 and Aiko 5 for Genesis 2
    Genesis 2 Female Clone for Genesis - lets you fit Genesis 2 Female clothing to Genesis

V4

V4 Skins Auto Converter for Genesis 2 Female(s) - reads V4 texture files (.DS, .DSA and .PZ2) and converts to Genesis 2
    Wear Them All - Autofitting Clones and Clothing Smoothers for Genesis 3 Female(s) - autofit clones to fit Genesis 2 Male, Genesis, Victoria 4 and Michael 4  clothes to Genesis 3 Female(s) 
    Wear Them All - Autofitting Clones and Clothing Smoothers for Genesis 3 Male(s) - autofit clones to fit Genesis 2 Female, Genesis, Victoria 4 and Michael 4 conforming clothes to Genesis 3 Male(s)

edited April 2017

Oops, got some dupes with jakiblue

Post edited by firewarden on
    edited April 2017

That's okay. I'll work on these

Post edited by Novica on

Genesis 2

Genesis 3 UVs for Genesis 2 Male(s) - lets you use Genesis 3 textures on Genesis 2 figures
    Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Victoria 6 - lets you use Victoria 6 textures on Genesis 3 Female​
    Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis 2 Male and Michael 6 - lets you use Genesis 2 Base Male and Michael 6 textures on Genesis 3 Male

Genesis

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis Pack - lets you use Michael 5, David 5, Stephanie 5 and Aiko 5 textures on Genesis 3
    Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Victoria 5 - lets you use Victoria 5 textures on Genesis 3 Female

M4

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Michael 4 - lets you use Michael 4 textures on Genesis 3 Male 

V3

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Special Edition - Victoria 3 - lets you use Victoria 3 textures on Genesis 3 Female

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    barbult said:
    Llynara said:
    Valandar said:

I've thought about it, but I think I still have a lot to learn before I tread into those waters.  :)

barbult said:
    Llynara said:
    Valandar said:

@FirstBastion  I have that, too, and totally forgot I had it.  It is probably the only pose set that comes even close to accurate archery stances and positions.  My favorite is the release pose of the string hand.  It's downright perfect.  As far as I know, this is the only pose pack that has ever shown a proper release pose for that hand.  You did a good job on that pack FB and I'm sorry I totally forgot about it.  Most bows and pose packs I've seen are for the ladies and just about all of those are for show and not accuracy.  I even picked up the i13 Archery set and was severely disappointed in it.  I've had to readjust every single pose I've used in that set so far.  And, not just a little bit of what one would expect to fit to different figures, but major readjustments for accurate poses.

I had to put a hold on my wolf poses until I learn and figure out a couple of things with LAMH so I haven't been working on any poses.  Maybe I'll dig out one of my most recent bow purchases and see if what I can do about some poses.  They would have to end up being freebies, though, until I figure out everything I need to learn about packaging things up.  I swear that is the most complicated part of the process for me, the packaging up.  Does anyone have a favortie bow they would like to see some accurate poses to match?  Just about the only ones I haven't snagged yet are the Elven Archer Bows and they are on my wishlist.  If anyone wants to talk about archery poses more, I suggest we take it to my thread so Novica's thread doesn't get derailed.

edited April 2017

Okay, I'm not sure if these were dueling products (aka, "mine does it faster") or if one helps the other. Please read the descriptions and help me out here. I haven't finished the descriptions because I'm not sure if the second one converts all the way through to Genesis 2 Females, OR converts files so the FIRST product can be used. EDIT: It says the first product is required to use the second one, so instead of doing the first one by one by hand, the second one is a helper. 

Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Females   Use Victoria 4 textures, morphs and clothing on Genesis 2 Females. 

V4 Skins Auto Converter For Genesis 2 Female(s)  Reads V4 texture files  .ds  .dsa   .PZ2  and converts them, 

Post edited by Novica on
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923

You may take a look at this excellent thread by GiGi_7 : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/64403/converting-to-g1-g2-g3/p1

Thanks! I just finished up that post (took hours, I'm done unless folks find other ones) and lo and behold, we have this which was JUST released half an hour ago LOL- another Wear Them All.  I swear I am NOT in cahoots with the Sales/Marketing team. 

Better add this one to the list:

Generation 3

Wear Them All - Autofit Clones Expansion for Genesis 3 Male(s) and Genesis 3 Female(s) - autofit David 3, Stephanie 3, Freak 3, Hiro 3, Aiko 3, Victoria 3, Micheal 3, Kids 4 outfits to Genesis 3 male and female

(I've been playing with it for a couple of weeks, and having so much fun LOL )

ha!! LOL Novica beat me to the punch with it!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,684
    jakiblue said:

Ok here it is. It IS called Lucille's bikini....I searched "lucille" and it didn't come up. I searched "lucille bikini" and it didn't come up. :sigh: No idea what I am supposed to use for search terms to find it. 

https://www.daz3d.com/lucilles-bikini-for-genesis-2-females

Thanks and I actually have it LOL. This is crazy, I have so much stuff, I don't even know what I have anymore! I really have to stop shopping and focus on what I already have!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,684
    edited April 2017
    Llynara said:
    DSDT said:

A year ago everyone was complaining about G3 and saying that they had all their money and content invested in G2 and they had no desire to change to a new generation so quickly. I remember all the conversations. Personally, I had put together a mostly Freebie content library, and it was mostly G2 oriented, so I tended to agree. 

Over the last year, with the blowout sales, my G3 library is now as robust, if not more, than my G2 library - and I find myself moving stuff right past G2 to G3 with utilities like Cayman's UV sets and GenX2. 

And there is no doubt that renders of G3 take less effort to look better. 

And I don't know if you've noticed, but there aren't a lot of those, "I'll give up G2 when you pry them out of my cold, dead hands," conversations going on in the forums anymore. 

Same thing will happen whenever G4 does come out. Although worrying about THAT has been going on ever since last year, too. 

People don't like change... Windows, Office, Illustrator and Photoshop... whatever they use daily... they hate it when something changes and they feel it is just some trick to get them to spend more money. 

But then a year down the road, they feel the same way about whatever the new thing was that they used to hate, most often. 

I'm as guilty as anyone. I still grumble about the supscription only CC model Adobe has now. I'd rather pay $600 each for perpetual licenses to a static version of Photoshop and Illustrator and have it and know I can still run it 20 years from now rather than pay for it as a service. 

I think the grumbling stopped because it fell on deaf ears, not because we conceded. I still like Genesis 2 and Genesis better than Genesis 3 and the new tools like Anagenessis don't make me move towards G3, quite the opposite, they breathe new life into the older figures and I realize there's no give up my favorites. And then there's the free scripts to convert the pose files, the clothing filts better across the different older generations. And then there's the other weird thing, the biggest problem in my opinion, I find a lot of the newer G3F and G3M figures very bland and plastic looking. I don't know why that is, but I just don't like the looks of most of them.

I came to Daz from Poser last year when G3 was already happening and so have lots of G3 clothes but then got G2 and G1 characters when they were on super sale. G1 can wear all the V4 and below clothes I have, but is there a way to use G3 clothes on G2/G1, the reverse of wear them all? There is a way to make your own clones which I may try but wasn't sure if there was a reverse wear them all. 

Valzheimer has G3 clones for G2 (male and female) and Sickleyield has clones that take those items to Genesis. Very handy. I used them a lot as I have characters across all generations. And after playing with V3 for most of this year, I can tell you that Generation 3 is still very usable and Generation 4 is definitely alive and kicking. Yeah, it takes some extra tweaking but totally worth it, Just don't depend on Smart Content, most of that stuff is in the Poser libraries.

Just realized I have G3 to G2 clones but I don't think I have G3 or G2 to G1... I have all the old Gen 3's and Gen 4's and even some Gen 2's (V2, Mill Girls & Boys, I think even Aiko 1!) And now I think I have to start purchasing EvilInnocent's Cross Dresser licenses for Cookie and some other characters... And then I have to really organize my products, my Poser runtime was totally organized until I allowed DIM to install and I don't know how to even begin organizing DS without messing everything up and then I have to STOP buying and just use what I have! Ugh, and then download and install a bunch of Rendo stuff I haven't even gotten around to. Twelve years of paid products, plus a ton of freebies. I could go my whole life rendering something different every day just with what I already own!

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Working on some kitbashing and I did a tree inventory of what I've got. So many tree varieties! Here, this is a link to a giant render with all of 'em. You know what I don't have any of yet?

Chestnuts! BRB.

Actually, does anybody have any tips on making the Witch House look better? I was trying to retexture it to make it 1.) iray and 2.) I dunno customized or something.

Free chestnuts

https://www.sharecg.com/v/50865/

http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/plantslib/tree/european_chestnut/main_europeanchestnut.html

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited April 2017
    MN-150374 said:

You may take a look at this excellent thread by GiGi_7 : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/64403/converting-to-g1-g2-g3/p1

That's the one I was thinking of! I'm bookmarking that. It's one of the best threads I've ever seen.

@Wonderland I'm in the same boat. Time to start shopping in our runtimes! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited April 2017
    Llynara said:
    DSDT said:

A year ago everyone was complaining about G3 and saying that they had all their money and content invested in G2 and they had no desire to change to a new generation so quickly. I remember all the conversations. Personally, I had put together a mostly Freebie content library, and it was mostly G2 oriented, so I tended to agree. 

Over the last year, with the blowout sales, my G3 library is now as robust, if not more, than my G2 library - and I find myself moving stuff right past G2 to G3 with utilities like Cayman's UV sets and GenX2. 

And there is no doubt that renders of G3 take less effort to look better. 

And I don't know if you've noticed, but there aren't a lot of those, "I'll give up G2 when you pry them out of my cold, dead hands," conversations going on in the forums anymore. 

Same thing will happen whenever G4 does come out. Although worrying about THAT has been going on ever since last year, too. 

People don't like change... Windows, Office, Illustrator and Photoshop... whatever they use daily... they hate it when something changes and they feel it is just some trick to get them to spend more money. 

But then a year down the road, they feel the same way about whatever the new thing was that they used to hate, most often. 

I'm as guilty as anyone. I still grumble about the supscription only CC model Adobe has now. I'd rather pay $600 each for perpetual licenses to a static version of Photoshop and Illustrator and have it and know I can still run it 20 years from now rather than pay for it as a service. 

I think the grumbling stopped because it fell on deaf ears, not because we conceded. I still like Genesis 2 and Genesis better than Genesis 3 and the new tools like Anagenessis don't make me move towards G3, quite the opposite, they breathe new life into the older figures and I realize there's no give up my favorites. And then there's the free scripts to convert the pose files, the clothing filts better across the different older generations. And then there's the other weird thing, the biggest problem in my opinion, I find a lot of the newer G3F and G3M figures very bland and plastic looking. I don't know why that is, but I just don't like the looks of most of them.

I came to Daz from Poser last year when G3 was already happening and so have lots of G3 clothes but then got G2 and G1 characters when they were on super sale. G1 can wear all the V4 and below clothes I have, but is there a way to use G3 clothes on G2/G1, the reverse of wear them all? There is a way to make your own clones which I may try but wasn't sure if there was a reverse wear them all. 

Valzheimer has G3 clones for G2 (male and female) and Sickleyield has clones that take those items to Genesis. Very handy. I used them a lot as I have characters across all generations. And after playing with V3 for most of this year, I can tell you that Generation 3 is still very usable and Generation 4 is definitely alive and kicking. Yeah, it takes some extra tweaking but totally worth it, Just don't depend on Smart Content, most of that stuff is in the Poser libraries.

Just realized I have G3 to G2 clones but I don't think I have G3 or G2 to G1... I have all the old Gen 3's and Gen 4's and even some Gen 2's (V2, Mill Girls & Boys, I think even Aiko 1!) And now I think I have to start purchasing EvilInnocent's Cross Dresser licenses for Cookie and some other characters... And then I have to really organize my products, my Poser runtime was totally organized until I allowed DIM to install and I don't know how to even begin organizing DS without messing everything up and then I have to STOP buying and just use what I have! Ugh, and then download and install a bunch of Rendo stuff I haven't even gotten around to. Twelve years of paid products, plus a ton of freebies. I could go my whole life rendering something different every day just with what I already own!

Just do custom categories.  Its basically a categorization of links and doesn't move any of real files.  I have a very extensively organized custom category system that works very well.  The hardest part is doing it the first time.  As long as you keep up when you buy stuff you will always know exactly where your stuff is.

Here is a post I did showing some of my custom categories and how I organize.  You can of course, do it any way you want to.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    edited April 2017

Anyone know of any UV sets to use G1M maps on G3F?

Heh. As ridiculous as that sounds, I have a need - and it isn't for something creepy on Deviant Art.

​I guess if I'm buying something - G1M on G3M would be OK, too. I just went that way with GenX2 thinking that maybe I'd get away with mapping the skin to G2F then using it on G3M from there. I don't know what I was thinking, exactly, except that I didn't want to spend any more money.

​The point is, I now have David 5's SHAPE on G3F - but I can't apply his skin map.

Post edited by donovancolbert on
  • donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

I think this is going to be the only way to get where I want to go...

https://www.daz3d.com/generation-5-uv-bundle-for-genesis-2-male-s

​It is close already, with David 5 on G2M - but just enough off...

There is always another sale.

This discussion has been closed.