Post Your Toon Generations 2 renders

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    edited January 2017

So this took about 10 hours to render then I ended up doing a ton of postwork on it....  The render was perfectly fine, but just didn't pop. I like to go a little crazy with postwork LOL... I always HAVE to do postwork even with good renders because I like to go more extreme. This was Toon Gen 2 mixed with a bunch of other morphs...

Yeah, I know it's too yellow and oversaturated, but it's a toon and I like them to really pop!!! I'm still not thrilled with it, don't like the top left corner so blank, might add more foliage? I will probably work on it more, but it's time to watch the Golden Globes!

I'd be interested in any suggestions on how to improve it (through postwork, not going to do a whole new render.) Something is off (besides the oversaturation) but I can't figure out what it is. Does the saturation hurt people's eyes? Is it too much? What can make it better, my brain has frozen. Also I was on the phone with a friend for like two hours while I was working on it so not as focused as I could be. Suggestions welcome! I'd like to keep it as a sample of children's/toon art on my site so hoping to get it to its best. Thanks.

Toon-Girl-and-Her-Dog-by-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    792 x 1008 - 873K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • toon at 50% age 37 with one spot light and one general light... These toon charecters are pretty cool !  

newyear01.jpg
    1342 x 1126 - 82K
  • JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798
    edited January 2017

Fun first test. About 25 minutes to render CPU only. Am seriously considering doing my new "fantasy adventure series" with toons now, I really like the results. Just a couple of small face morphs added.

Post edited by JazzyBear on
  • pdspds Posts: 593
    DireBunny said:

Battle cat, battle rat.  Eh, what ever gets you from point A to point B.

I love this! Beautiful work and such a great expression, lol

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,483

Action KBS

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    pds said:
    DireBunny said:

I love this! Beautiful work and such a great expression, lol

Thanks :) I did another one recently with this same character but it might be a little too violent for this thread lol

• thenotoriousjedthenotoriousjed Posts: 397
    edited January 2017

You little punks. Stay out of my yard!

littlepunks.png
    1200 x 1553 - 3M
    Post edited by thenotoriousjed on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited January 2017

I'm liking these renders. Here is my newest. It is a caricature of Carol Burnett for that that might know who she is. As the base Toon Generations 2 female is already a good caricature of her the only change I made was making the chin longer as the opening credits cartoon to the Carol Burnett Show.

To my surprise I like making such renders better than I thought. Although it's a bit boring to wait for 3 days of CPU rendering and only get to 7% convergence, partly because I choose to render at UHD resolution.

Oh, and I goofed on the yellow bow tie & lower hand intersecting the mop handle and I didn't see it until enough noise had rendered out & then it was like I am not restarting this render.

Carol Burnett Caricature

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Here's my latest fun with the Toon Generations 2 figures.

Gallery Link

Here's my latest fun with the Toon Generations 2 figures.

Gallery Link

I like this. Where is that schoolhouse from?

• Here's my latest fun with the Toon Generations 2 figures.

Gallery Link

That is FirstBastion's After School Detention.  Great set with mulitples camera angles to choose from for two long hallways and a couple of doorways that reflect a typical school setting with lockers (not shown in my image). 

Here's my latest fun with the Toon Generations 2 figures.

Gallery Link

That is FirstBastion's After School Detention.  Great set with mulitples camera angles to choose from for two long hallways and a couple of doorways that reflect a typical school setting with lockers (not shown in my image). 

Thanks.

• I'm liking these renders. Here is my newest. It is a caricature of Carol Burnett for that that might know who she is. As the base Toon Generations 2 female is already a good caricature of her the only change I made was making the chin longer as the opening credits cartoon to the Carol Burnett Show.

To my surprise I like making such renders better than I thought. Although it's a bit boring to wait for 3 days of CPU rendering and only get to 7% convergence, partly because I choose to render at UHD resolution.

Oh, and I goofed on the yellow bow tie & lower hand intersecting the mop handle and I didn't see it until enough noise had rendered out & then it was like I am not restarting this render.

OMG fantastic!  Although she should have a string mop to be honest ;)  I grew up with the Carol Burnett show and a few years back I ended up subscribing to a dvd collection of that show, didn't get all but I have quite a few.

I'm liking these renders. Here is my newest. It is a caricature of Carol Burnett for that that might know who she is. As the base Toon Generations 2 female is already a good caricature of her the only change I made was making the chin longer as the opening credits cartoon to the Carol Burnett Show.

OMG fantastic!  Although she should have a string mop to be honest ;)  I grew up with the Carol Burnett show and a few years back I ended up subscribing to a dvd collection of that show, didn't get all but I have quite a few.

Welll I'll have to model a string mop or search on cgshare. I don't have one in my current library.  I tried to find a comprehensive collection of The Carol Burnett Show to buy buy one isn't available. It's one of the few shows that had me rolling on the floor laughing more than once.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

Welll I'll have to model a string mop or search on cgshare. I don't have one in my current library.  I tried to find a comprehensive collection of The Carol Burnett Show to buy buy one isn't available. It's one of the few shows that had me rolling on the floor laughing more than once.

Love your render. And Tim Conway and the elephant (snork!) and Conway and Korman as the dentist and patient stand out. I loved that show ;).

Laurie

AllenArt said:

Love your render. And Tim Conway and the elephant (snork!) and Conway and Korman as the dentist and patient stand out. I loved that show ;).

Laurie

Thanks. Another reason for me to try and get that DVD collection. 11 years of 1 hour or 1/2 hour shows and I'm sure I didn't see most of them. laugh

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798

Tim Conway and the Elephant story ad-lib is on youtube and any time I feel bad, sad, mad, bummed or whatever I play it and can't help LOL and feel better about things... Momma's comment at the end is pure Gold!

Loving all the renders!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142
    edited January 2017
    JazzyBear said:

Tim Conway and the Elephant story ad-lib is on youtube and any time I feel bad, sad, mad, bummed or whatever I play it and can't help LOL and feel better about things... Momma's comment at the end is pure Gold!

Loving all the renders!

Momma's best on the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RqzclCLrP0 laugh

Anyway...I digress. LOL Toon Generations :)

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • OMG fantastic!  Although she should have a string mop to be honest ;)  I grew up with the Carol Burnett show and a few years back I ended up subscribing to a dvd collection of that show, didn't get all but I have quite a few.

Well, to be honest, what I got was one of those infomercial things you see on TV where you buy an intro 2-3 dvds then they ship you 2 more per month and bill your card until you make them stop or get them all.  My wife did it for my birthday several years ago.  It was the best of the Carol Burnett show and I haven't pulled them out since we moved a few years back heh.  Maybe I should do that sometime soon...

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Glad (but, really, unsurprised) to hear I'm not the only person who uses Tim Conway and the elephant as a cure for the blues from time to time.  Heck, I'm grinning a bit just thinking about it.

• And now we return you to your previous programming.....

After this thread I now want the megapack even more than ever but I really shouldn't at this time.  It is getting harder to resist the more things I see however.

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited January 2017

Did a bit of a mix-up on this one:

Shaping:
    Toon Generation 2 Female 77.5%
    Bethany Body 63.3%
    Bethany Head 35.8%
    Bethany 18.3%
    Aiko 7 53.3%
    Age Adj 30%

Eyes from OZBD Poppie

Outfit:
    Marionette Outfit
    Earrings from FW Sushmita

Extreme Fashion Closeup Makeup

Anagenesis 2 w/ adjustments

ToonGen2_Mix.jpg
    769 x 1000 - 652K
    Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

Very nice, Digital Lite Design.

• Artini said:

Very nice, Digital Lite Design.

Thanks  :)

edited January 2017

Very pretty, although I have to laugh a little at the Sea Turtle eye makeup that make it more interesting.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Did a bit of a mix-up on this one:

Shaping:
    Bethany Body 63.3%
    Bethany Head 35.8%
    Bethany 18.3%
    Aiko 7 53.3%
    Age Adj 30%

Eyes from OZBD Poppie

Outfit:
    Marionette Outfit

She's very pretty, Kat!  I love the mix of morps you gave her.  The makeup is great, too!  I love that!

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,847

Very nice and great skin tone.

Did a bit of a mix-up on this one:

Shaping:
    Bethany Body 63.3%
    Bethany Head 35.8%
    Bethany 18.3%
    Aiko 7 53.3%
    Age Adj 30%

Eyes from OZBD Poppie

Outfit:
    Marionette Outfit

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited January 2017

Just thought I ought to put these here

toon mermale.png
    1128 x 875 - 465K
    loreleimertailG3m.png
    1128 x 875 - 288K
    Post edited by carrie58 on
    carrie58 said:

Just thought I ought to put these here

Your merman might of showed up on Cocoa Beach...I've been meaning to buy the Genesis 2 Mermaid bundle for a while now.

Here is a scene from Cocoa Beach from the opening cartoon credits of I Dream of Jennie. Actually, it's probably not Cocoa Beach but somewhere in the South Pacific.

I Dream of Jeannie

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited January 2017

Love it nonesuch00 !! these ladies could compete with your Genie for the astronut

toon mermaid2.png
    1128 x 875 - 280K
    toon mermaid.png
    1128 x 875 - 374K
    Post edited by carrie58 on