Adding Dual Quaternion support to UnrealEngine4 (Images inside)

12345679»

Comments

• MacislavMacislav Posts: 103

You need to build the modded version from the given (in github) source code in Visual Studio 2019. (download the community version, it's free).

https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.26/en-US/ProductionPipelines/DevelopmentSetup/BuildingUnrealEngine/

• guestest3guestest3 Posts: 9
    edited July 24

Macislav said:

You need to build the modded version from the given (in github) source code in Visual Studio 2019. (download the community version, it's free).

https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.26/en-US/ProductionPipelines/DevelopmentSetup/BuildingUnrealEngine/

i imported a genesis 8 into unreal by DazToUnreal plugin and The face with other parts of the clothes are glitched by part of the mesh going down how do i fix it? it seems like the mesh is dractically stretched and adjusting the bones wont help by restoring the mesh. i use DazToUnreal 4.0

Post edited by guestest3 on

Maybe it would help to turn on "skincache usage" for the corresponding mesh?

• guestest3guestest3 Posts: 9
    edited July 24

Macislav said:

Maybe it would help to turn on "skincache usage" for the corresponding mesh?

how do i do that? please explain like im a noob

edit: nvm i managed to fix it somehow while playing with the settings. thank you very much for the help 

Post edited by guestest3 on
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,240

ok it's a long time since my last attempt of use it then someone can give me a proper tutorial about how to "install" the moded DQ and if possible with the lastet version of unreal 4.26 (the 4.26.2), i've already downloaded it from githube now what is the next step how i "install it and again install already using the lasted if possible.

thanks for any help.

In your mod folder you need to run GenerateProjectFiles.bat and afterwards Setup.bat (or the other way round, the program will tell you).

If you have finished that, open UE4.sln, in Visual Studio: in the project folder: right click UE4 --> "build" and wait until it's successfully finished.

Attention: Unreal Engine 4.27 has been released today