Happy Holidays PA Gifts!

Comments

• thanks everyonr for the neat gifts:)

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

Thankk you for all the generous gifts. I hope everyone has a Merrry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,629
    edited December 2016
    NGartplay said:

As a little extra holiday cheer I wanted to share a 2D item I made a long while ago.  Maybe someone will print one of these out and hand write a real letter instead of email.  Does anyone hand write letters anymore?  Even my Christmas card greetings are getting shorter, lol.  I hope Eustace doesn't mind me posting right behind him but I ended up with more items than I thought I would.

I call these Bauble Letterhead.  This is in PSD format with layers.  Turn the layers on and off as needed.  You will need a software such as PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro or Gimp to use this.

Created using XaraXtreme 5 Pro

DOWNLOAD BAUBLES LETTERHEAD HERE

...Dropbox seems to hate me as of late.  For some odd reason, I can no longer do a direct download from there. The download popup appears but nothing happens when I click 'OK".  I have experienced this with other downloads that use the service.

Having the same issue with the Star over Skunkville download.

Even tried on my other system which actually still has my old Dropbox login and it will load to my dropbox but will not download to the system either.

ETA:

...same for InaneGlory's Hanging Wand Lights.

ETA (2):

OK discovered it was due to FF being a bit out of date.  However now I lost a good number of my security add ons and plugins as they are no longer compatible with the latest FF version. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ElspathElspath Posts: 180

Thank you all for your lovely gifts to us. 

DAZ bless us, everyone.

• Thanks for all the lovely gifts

• kyoto kid said:
    NGartplay said:

As a little extra holiday cheer I wanted to share a 2D item I made a long while ago.  Maybe someone will print one of these out and hand write a real letter instead of email.  Does anyone hand write letters anymore?  Even my Christmas card greetings are getting shorter, lol.  I hope Eustace doesn't mind me posting right behind him but I ended up with more items than I thought I would.

I call these Bauble Letterhead.  This is in PSD format with layers.  Turn the layers on and off as needed.  You will need a software such as PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro or Gimp to use this.

Created using XaraXtreme 5 Pro

DOWNLOAD BAUBLES LETTERHEAD HERE

...Dropbox seems to hate me as of late.  For some odd reason, I can no longer do a direct download from there. The download popup appears but nothing happens when I click 'OK".  I have experienced this with other downloads that use the service.

Having the same issue with the Star over Skunkville download.

Even tried on my other system which actually still has my old Dropbox login and it will load to my dropbox but will not download to the system either.

ETA:

...same for InaneGlory's Hanging Wand Lights.

Bugger I hate missing out because of some stupid site technicality

That is a tough one that I'm not sure there is a simple answer to. Over the years I've seen download links fail for many reasons, and there is a few other things about dropbox as a user of there service that I do find a tad lacking.  Apparently if a download reaches some 'limit' of downloads, the link can go dead for some time as a function of how there service works. And the service also lacks the most simple of things such as a download counter (Just a simple how many times was it downloaded and nothing else would be nice), lol.  It is also a bit annoying if a zip gets updated, as every single thing gets a brand new share link when the box is clicked, so I must hunt down everywhere the old link was posted and update that every time a zip is updated. So I am not totally sold on Dropbox, however for quick simple stuff it is easier then making a full product wright up and promo art for places like Sharecg for stupid stuff like a texture map or single pose duf file.  If there was a legitimate in between for sharing alpha/beta ideas, I am not aware of it.

The PAs may be around to try to find a solution for you, tho given the holiday, I would want them to have some time off. I was lucky enough to have the links work for me early on, however they are not mine to give to others (nor am I aware of a way other then drop box for such things). I would like to know if there is an alternative that includes a simple download counter.  I have a generic gymnastics gym set beta that I made in Hexagon over the past year, and a G3F AltShader mat preset expansion set Alpha that has been in the works since the advent of HD figures. I have no clue if there completely ignored by everyone or more popular then sliced bread because of that lack of a simple download counter at dropbox, lol.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

To all the PAs who gave the freebies this year. Thank you! :)

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 2016

Oh, and by the way, I have been having a bit of fun with stuff. I fed Totte's map threw some GIMP magic to try to make a simple 3DL set for the big shovel and keep the funny text looking good (still a wip).

And having fun with the other maps. I need to pry myself away to look at today's stuff,  thanks.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on

@ Zarcon:  ...looks like I edited my post after yours   Apparently it was an FF issue as the version I had on the system was a bit out of date.  I usually don't use my workstation to go on line very much and not much of an issue, so I never bothered updating to the "latest and not so greatest" version.  On the notebook it has been a real pain (one of my RPG groups uses it for updating campaign notes) as it is only 32 bit and the newer versions of FF tend to bloat during use until they run out of memory and crash [incidentally, while I was typing this the new version FF did just that even though, the system I am on is 64 bit with 12 GB of memory. Fortunately, the draft of my post was saved].

The downside of having to update as I added in my previous post above is that I lost a bunch of security plugins and add ons as they are not compatible with the latest version of the browser so now I feel I need to be even more wary going on line form the this machine.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,241

The gifts just keep coming. Thank you all.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Ahhhhh This has been amazing! Thank you guys so much for all the wonderful gifts! You all are so sweet and generous! heart

Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you for helping to make my Christmas fun! 

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Merry Christmas nad Happy Holidays to everyone. :)

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 2016

Thank you everyone who contributed to these awesome gifts =)

Merry Western Christmas!

// it's larger than this, just click //

It's custom Anna morph by Mjc - I had to fiddle a bit to make the dress fit her kid shape, but it worked =)

annamjc_xmas16_8pxs_54min34s.png
    1112 x 1800 - 3M
    Post edited by Mustakettu85 on
    edited December 2016

Kettu, nice render! Same extends to Kismet2012, Linwelly, divamakeup, klooless, NGartplay, Rubina, and the (presuming) photo by magicweaver.

kyoto kid, good to hear it was sorted out, it could have been so many different things (and I've experienced many of them). Safe surfing, hope you enjoy the PA gifts, and... For everyone, happy holidays.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456

Many thanks! :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,605

Many thanks for the great gifts!! Merry Christmas all!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,173

Thank you to all who've given us these wonderful gifts! And Merry Christmas to everyone too.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

Thank you all for the wonderful gifts, and the great renders. What with other Christmas stuff I haven't had time to try out most of the gifts but that is good, some lovely zip files to unwrap on Christmas day smiley

Merry Christmas to everyone

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,867

Thank you all!

Magicweaver, which present is mine?   It's gotta be chocolate though :)

edited December 2016

Thank you everyone who contributed to these awesome gifts =)

Merry Western Christmas!

// it's larger than this, just click //

It's custom Anna morph by Mjc - I had to fiddle a bit to make the dress fit her kid shape, but it worked =)

OK, I was worried that I missed something horrendous, tho I will admit after fussing with the dials for a while to get the 'span' to smooth out, Classic on some figures is a bit finicky. My dial fumbling may not be the best combo for MJC Anna, your results look much better. Fisty's textures also help smooth over some spots a lot.

ClasicOnMjcAnna_001.png
    1200 x 800 - 184K
    ClasicOnMjcAnna2_001.png
    1120 x 1060 - 769K
  • Thanks for all the fun free things! :D

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,105

Thanks for the Elf Hat, 3D-GHDesign!

Dana

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 2016

OK, I was worried that I missed something horrendous, tho I will admit after fussing with the dials for a while to get the 'span' to smooth out, Classic on some figures is a bit finicky. My dial fumbling may not be the best combo for MJC Anna, your results look much better. Fisty's textures also help smooth over some spots a lot.

You need some hidden dial-fu for the best results =) In parameters and shaping tab of the dress, I found the autofitted Anna shape and cancelled it. Then I used a combination of FBMs like BreastGone with F&D adjustment morphs like ChestDepth (all these on the dress, FBMs are hidden), and then there is a deformer on G3F in the breast area to smooth the slope a bit.

Post edited by Mustakettu85 on
  • Thank you for all the great gifts -  Have a very merry Xmassmiley

• Thank you all so much for giving to the community!  I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

edited December 2016

You need some hidden dial-fu for the best results =) In parameters and shaping tab of the dress, I found the autofitted Anna shape and canceled it. Then I used a combination of FBMs like BreastGone with F&D adjustment morphs like ChestDepth (all these on the dress, FBMs are hidden), and then there is a deformer on G3F in the breast area to smooth the slope a bit.

Here I am trying to do things the most difficult way again, thanks for the hint. That involved just two dials already on the outfit after dialing in Anna on the figure, and works much better.

errr, two more for the shoulder blades and shoulders on Anna after that.

ClasicOnMjcAnna3_DialFu_01002lbl2.png
    1160 x 600 - 515K
    ClasicOnMjcAnna3_DialFu_02002.png
    700 x 440 - 161K
    ClasicOnMjcAnna3_DialFu_03002lbl1.png
    700 x 380 - 128K
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,867

I have to ask Zarcon, exactly what is that in her hand?  It looks like a VERY big syringe.

edited December 2016

Oh, that in Anna's hand in Kettu's render, it's one of the IG gift lights without the 'shade' on it. I think that one with the shad made 'Not there' in the surface tab?

Perhaps a turkey baster or, It may be another implement that kids use to torment adults, lol.

IdgLights_002.png
    1080 x 900 - 142K

...PAs, you guys are the greatest, thank you all.

• Thank you all for the great gifts!  You all help to make this one of the best communities on the net!

heart