It's Raining Men Again Competition -- Winners Revealed!!!!

Comments

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited December 2016

A Holiday Greeting:  Santa's Oops!

2nd Entry

My snowman is back in the Yule Cottage scene by HowieFarkes. A version of this will be my Holiday Greetings "welcome pic" for my web site. still looking for an acceptable scarf for the snowman, if I find or model one I'll update this.  I have modeled the snowman, the North/Christmas star and the presents... then added 2 lighting effects that Carrara has to make it shine a bit more. The smoke coming from the chiminey is  Primivol: Rising Smoke by inagoni for Carrara... available from DAZ in Advance Pack or on inagoni. The smaller stars are from StarBright by Digital Carvers Guild on their website... I might replace those with Starry Night by Dartanbeck.

[updated] I've changed a few things... 1 of the packages didn't look right so I moved it... it now has the better North star and FX... changed the shader on Santa's sack on the ground and added my signature which is a Carrara font object which I desiged "WGD" with TypeTool as a custom font for Windoze. I'm in the process of designing a scarf for the snowman which I hope to get done soon. I did not change the scene setup pic since it is basically the same... I've also left the earlier render, at right below, so that it can be compared with the new one, at far left.

DAZ Studio content:
    3D Universe Toon Santa by 3D Universe,
    Classic Sled and Old Fashioned Sled from Sleds by Daz Originals Valandar
    Sled Disk from i13 Winter Fun Pose Collection for the Genesis 3 Female(s) by Daz Originals ironman13

YultideCotttage_10d.png
    1024 x 576 - 724K
    YultideCottage_09c_setup.png
    1600 x 900 - 615K
    YultideCotttage_09c.png
    1024 x 576 - 719K
    Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • LyamLyam Posts: 137

Chanteur-de-Vent #2

Title: Greeting the sun

No repurposed items (The hair is Free Spirit Hair from G3F, but I believe hair doesn't count as repurposed, only clothing?)

Who knew one can do such things with Free Spirit Hair? Not me, but you don't hear me complaining. I have a thing for longhaired men. smiley

Chanteur-de-Vent, very expressive.  And nice use of DOF too. 

• Knittingmommy, hi again and I'm sorry I have a yet another dumb question... Can we use non-DAZ/RDNA and non-free content in our entries? Like something we bought in a competing store like Renderosity?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 2016

Entry 1: The look

Nothing repurposed.

The look

wisesensei-FilmNoirStudio-1200px-corr.png
    1200 x 902 - 3M
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 2016

Entry # 01

The Curse

curse.jpg
    1082 x 1400 - 628K
    Post edited by Sasje on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282
    edited December 2016

Entry #3:

Smugglers Arms

Repurposed - Swamp Witch Staff as wall hanging.

Dockside Hunk.png
    1126 x 873 - 2M
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited December 2016

Knittingmommy, hi again and I'm sorry I have a yet another dumb question... Can we use non-DAZ/RDNA and non-free content in our entries? Like something we bought in a competing store like Renderosity?

@Mustakettu85  Yes, you can use non-DAZ/RDNA content in your images, free or otherwise. 

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • NAE.  Just an old render.

Love UnderWater

• kmorris1@oh.rr.com[email protected] Posts: 1,107
    edited December 2016

Decided to replace my two guys in the impossible pose with this one. I marked the previous one NAE.

We're not alone.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 763K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    KevinH said:

Decided to replace my two guys in the impossible pose with this one. I marked the previous one NAE.

Like this one much better.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    Lyam said:

Vyusur said:

Damn, those eyes... 

Yep... Lindsey Buckingham in his younger days is right... My Little Demon!   kiss Silene

• Knittingmommy, hi again and I'm sorry I have a yet another dumb question... Can we use non-DAZ/RDNA and non-free content in our entries? Like something we bought in a competing store like Renderosity?

@Mustakettu85  Yes, you can use non-DAZ/RDNA content in your images, free or otherwise. 

Thank you for clarifying!

• kanegskanegs Posts: 80

Raining Men Entry #1
    Hmmm, maybe I'm being too literal here... 

raining.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

I've updated A Holiday Greeting which I made a few changes to.

• eblankeblank Posts: 88

Entry no 1

He's the man :-)

141216-georgeiroPW.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 209K
  • Saidge42Saidge42 Posts: 128
    edited December 2016

Here's the promo I was talking about earlier, so obviously a NAE due to the fact I have to post it elsewhere, but I thought I'd share :)  This is Godwin (M4), done for MortemVetus.  I hope you like it :D

godwin - signature.jpg
    593 x 960 - 86K
    Post edited by Saidge42 on

Love that face. :)

wgdjohn said:

Love that face. :)

yeah, I know.  MortemVetus always comes up with interesting faces :D

edited December 2016

Not An Entry

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • @Saidge  Great image.  MortemVetus always does characters with such grit!  :)  You did a really nice job on the promo image.  :)

@Saidge  Great image.  MortemVetus always does characters with such grit!  :)  You did a really nice job on the promo image.  :)

yup!  they absolutely do!  and thanks so much :D  I'm really glad you like it!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083
    edited December 2016

Nonesuch00 - great job on the non-entry of Paul and Babe. Because the Daz community is global, here is a little context for people who may need it.

yes

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited December 2016
    diomede said:

Nonesuch00 - great job on the non-entry of Paul and Babe. Because the Daz community is global, here is a little context for people who may need it.

yes

Thanks. I am visiting that part of the country again next September. I can't wait.  I need to work some on Babe though to make him look more like an ox.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited December 2016

Entry #2 "Disco Clown"
    Carrara 8.5 pro internal render. Nothing repurposed.

Disco_clown.jpg
    1000 x 1233 - 331K
    2016-12-15_mime.png
    1918 x 1035 - 800K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • I like your Paul Bunyan image, nonesuch00. Especially the way the ox is sitting. Too bad there isn't a little more light on him so you can see him better.

KevinH said:

I like your Paul Bunyan image, nonesuch00. Especially the way the ox is sitting. Too bad there isn't a little more light on him so you can see him better.

Thanks. There is a day light render of the images sans campfire in my DAZ Gallery.

Vyusur said:

Entry #2 "Disco Clown"
    Carrara 8.5 pro internal render. Nothing repurposed.

Very cool

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Nonesuch00, thank you so much!

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 2016

Entry # 02

Gangster

Gangster.jpg
    1400 x 788 - 323K
    Post edited by Sasje on