It's Raining Men Again Competition -- Winners Revealed!!!!

Comments

• isidorn said:

Does an ogre qualify as a male figure? In that case, this will be my entry #2. If not, I'll try to come up with something else.

Making friends

After the ogre saved the Pweek from a cruel death at the hands of the monster known as "human child", the two creatures became fast friends.

Nothing repurposed.

heartheartheart

• Saidge said:

Entry #2: Halfway Gone.....

OMG! What a powerful image. Amazing.

I know right!!! This is just amazing!! It's so incredible! Very beautifully done @Saidge

• Saidge42Saidge42 Posts: 128
    edited December 2016
    Saidge said:

Entry #2: Halfway Gone.....

OMG! What a powerful image. Amazing.

I know right!!! This is just amazing!! It's so incredible! Very beautifully done @Saidge

that's so very kind of you to say!! I'm really glad you like it - thank you :D @zombietaggerung

Post edited by Saidge42 on
  • Eh, em, even though I'm not voting, I'm doing my very best to stay impartial.  But, darn, some of you guys make it really hard to not get on here and start gushing over how clever and good your images are.  Lots of great entries so far.  Time is starting to run out guys.  End date is December 31 at DAZ midnight time. 

If you haven't entered, yet, you better get busy!!! If you still need to make changes to an entry, hurry up!!!!   :)  I'll start a countdown post daily when we get down to 7 Days just to kind of remind everyone to hurry up for those who still haven't entered.

• smoke14smoke14 Posts: 245

Finally finished an entry :) Still just beginning to understand Iray but I really like what it is capable of doing with the emissive surfaces.

More Machine Than Man?

raining_men-16-final_1.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 138K
  • ENTRY #01

TITLE - What? You got a problem?

What You got a problem.jpg
    1800 x 2400 - 2M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    edited December 2016

Bored

There is nothing to DO at grandpa's house. All he does is nap by the fire.

(Nothing repurposed)

Young and Old Christmas_004 PS.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • I hope everyone has a Happy Holiday.  Only one week left to finalize or submit your entries!  Contest ends December 31, one week from today!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

NAE

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

• PhiloppPhilopp Posts: 290
    edited December 2016
    Squad.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 791K
    Post edited by Philopp on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited January 2017

Entry # 1

Nothing repurposed

Michael 2 + Boris morphs by Capsces

// click for full size //

PS: used an HDRI from Greg Zaal's free HDRI Haven bundle as part of the lighting.

Boris_Attachment.png
    1112 x 1800 - 4M
    Post edited by Mustakettu85 on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    edited December 2016

Entry 1: Stand and Deliver (Or the Devil he may take ya')

Why do I have so much trouble with attachments.

Post edited by evilded777 on
  • When you edit a post, click Attach a file under the text box, then click Browse to your file.  It should work.  Just make sure you are under the 2 MB limit. Usually .jpg format is better for the forums.  That should attach the file to your post.  Sometimes, you may have to try and upload it more than once if it doesn't take.  I'm not sure why that is, but I know there are times when I have to try 3 or more times to get it to accept an image.

• Only five days left guys!  Get those images submitted!  :)

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

When you edit a post, click Attach a file under the text box, then click Browse to your file.  It should work.  Just make sure you are under the 2 MB limit. Usually .jpg format is better for the forums.  That should attach the file to your post.  Sometimes, you may have to try and upload it more than once if it doesn't take.  I'm not sure why that is, but I know there are times when I have to try 3 or more times to get it to accept an image.

Well under 2MB, and more like 6 times... still no good.

• I'll do the best I can when it comes time to separate them all out.  There are a couple that don't have attachments.  We'll see how it goes. One way or another, we will get it to work out. Might take me a couple of extra steps.

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 709
    edited December 2016

Removed my seond entry for this entry.

#2 Wintery

Wintery.jpg
    700 x 910 - 204K
    Post edited by mal3Imagery on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,777

:sigh: Wouldn't wanna be a judge, I like all your entries. 

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650
    edited December 2016

#1 The Prince of Winter (Updated the file 12-27-16) 

Repurposed Items: Mistress Arachne (sandals), Winter Fantasy (hood), Dark Storm Gloves

I've updated this entry, adding snowfall details with Let it Snow and photoshop breath mist for the Prince and his wolf. I updated the attachment in my original post.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • I've updated the Entry thread title, everyone.  Only 4 days left to get those entries submitted!  

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited December 2016

Entry #2: Power

Darius 7 and Black Dragon, by L'Adair

Repurposed items: The Choker from Badlands Roamer Outfit for G3F, Gloves from Riverwillow for G3F

2016Darius7BlackDragon.jpg
    2500 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by L'Adair on
  • sueyasueya Posts: 826
    edited December 2016

Entry 2 Happy New Year

HappyNewYear.jpg
    800 x 494 - 65K
    Post edited by sueya on
  • Saidge42Saidge42 Posts: 128
    edited December 2016

Entry #3 : Scratchies

(I used 3D Universe's morphs/male character 'Pixie' for G3M)

thanks to everyone hosting the contest, and a big thumbs up to all who have submitted!  I'm really glad I don't have to judge ;)

it's raining men 2 - final.jpg
    773 x 1000 - 134K
    Post edited by Saidge42 on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,266
    edited December 2016

I thought I'd add an elf

WinterFae.jpeg
    1453 x 1224 - 429K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Hey, everyone, I forgot to change the countdown in the title yesterday.  Only today and 2 more days left to get those entries in.  Better hurry!

• NAE:

• Not an Entry:  Repurposed Legendary "Kadis" Armor for Genesis3Female 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited December 2016

Same render with minor alterations that I was going to enter before but now is just an NAE. It turned out OK although the M4 to G3 UV product could stand some improvements and the soap suds (from Rendo) could stand some improvements. Then there is my ever present complaint about the G3F and G3M original characters rendering far too dark but I am not expert enough on PBR and camera technology to know if the black characters and the Italian guy would actually render that dark at 17:00 on summer solstice in NYC street side. Who know? Me know? No... My feeling is they should be much more brightly illuminated and possibly the guy in the green trunks features should be washing out due to the bright light reflections. Anyway...I'm not an expert.

NAE

It's Raining Men!

It's Raining Men!

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,777

NAE because I'm satisfied with the ones I already submitted. Posted to my gallery and the Michael & Friends thread so you can read the story that goes with it there.

"My official designation is TLR-521. But you can call me Tyler."

• warlocwarloc Posts: 15
    edited December 2016

Ok, my first entry, I call it "Warrior Scout"

dazcontest21b_LOW.jpg
    2250 x 3000 - 1M
    Post edited by warloc on