It's Raining Men Again Competition -- Winners Revealed!!!!

Comments

• warlocwarloc Posts: 15
    edited December 2016

My Second entry, "Dragon Master"

dazcontest15JFIRE2_LOW.jpg
    3000 x 3000 - 2M
    Post edited by warloc on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited December 2016

Entry #3: Bromance

Bromance, by L'Adair

Repurposed items: The gloves from Eclipse Outfit for G3F and the pants from Vigilante Outfit for G3F

2016StefanAndHorse.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by L'Adair on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    L'Adair said:

Entry #3: Bromance

Bromance, by L'Adair

Repurposed items: The gloves from Eclipse Outfit for G3F and the pants from Vigilante Outfit for G3F

Nice, I want an apple now.

• Hey everyone, time is running out! Get those entries posted.  Contest ends New Year's Eve.  Post them before you start to party and forget!

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Same render with minor alterations that I was going to enter before but now is just an NAE. It turned out OK although the M4 to G3 UV product could stand some improvements and the soap suds (from Rendo) could stand some improvements. Then there is my ever present complaint about the G3F and G3M original characters rendering far too dark but I am not expert enough on PBR and camera technology to know if the black characters and the Italian guy would actually render that dark at 17:00 on summer solstice in NYC street side. Who know? Me know? No... My feeling is they should be much more brightly illuminated and possibly the guy in the green trunks features should be washing out due to the bright light reflections. Anyway...I'm not an expert.

NAE

It's Raining Men!

It's Raining Men!

Your art is so nice and cool! And every picture keeps the same style.

Vyusur said:

Same render with minor alterations that I was going to enter before but now is just an NAE. It turned out OK although the M4 to G3 UV product could stand some improvements and the soap suds (from Rendo) could stand some improvements. Then there is my ever present complaint about the G3F and G3M original characters rendering far too dark but I am not expert enough on PBR and camera technology to know if the black characters and the Italian guy would actually render that dark at 17:00 on summer solstice in NYC street side. Who know? Me know? No... My feeling is they should be much more brightly illuminated and possibly the guy in the green trunks features should be washing out due to the bright light reflections. Anyway...I'm not an expert.

NAE

It's Raining Men!

It's Raining Men!

Thanks but that credit goes to DAZ 3D, the PAs, and nVidia iRay. They've made it pretty easy. I am having fun composing what is in the scenes though. That is a challenge all by itself.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    Vyusur said:

NAE

It's Raining Men!

It's Raining Men!

Thanks but that credit goes to DAZ 3D, the PAs, and nVidia iRay. They've made it pretty easy. I am having fun composing what is in the scenes though. That is a challenge all by itself.

Yes, thanks to them all!

• MavroshMavrosh Posts: 111
    edited December 2016

Better late then never...

This is my character Jamana, he was built upon Genesis 2 Male and rendered in Iray. His backdrop and that strand of hair was painted with Photoshop. He is a naga, which means that the lower half of his body is a snake. You can maybe tell since he is wearing his tail sort of like a scarf here to show off a little... he is such a prince charming... sometimes! :)

black snake.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 1M
    Post edited by Mavrosh on
  • MavroshMavrosh Posts: 111
    edited December 2016

And this is my second entry. Those who have ever played a game of the "Dragon Age" series, will pretty much know, what a Qunari is. Well, here is my humble Qunari portrait, this guy was built upon genesis 2 Male and rendered with Iray. Hair and backdrop have been painted with Photoshop.

Qunari.jpg
    1417 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by Mavrosh on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I think everyone has done an amazing job on their renders and the judges are goin gto have a major difficult time judging them!!!!

• Okay, guys, I'm about an hour early, but I need to go to bed!  I have to get up early in the morning.  A little over 26 hours left!  Yep, tomorrow is the last day to get those entries submitted.  The clock is ticking down!  You have until midnight DAZ time (Utah, Mountain time, UTC -7:00 whichever floats your boat! ) tomorrow night!  Rip 'em out of that render engine and get 'em up here!  :)

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,662
    edited December 2016

The Diplomat

the diplomat.jpg
    1360 x 1700 - 633K
    Post edited by luci45 on
    edited December 2016

Ilya

ilya.jpg
    1440 x 1800 - 776K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    edited December 2016

Where did I put the keys?

Daddy, not again!

Lighting and background are from No Emotion HDRs http://noemotionhdrs.net/index.html. It is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0  https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/

Where did I put the keys.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 2016

"Erstwhile Rescuers"

Entry 2 in the main contest, entry 1 for repurposed female clothing.

The guy on the left is wearing Two Phased Suit for G3F, with boots from the G3F Enigma outfit from BadKittehCo, sold elsewhere; the guy on the right is wearing (most of) Serpent Assassin G2F, with the addition an old freebie of DM Snake Jewels V4 (hey, there ought to be snakes on something called Serpent Assassin, right?) and the fantasy loin wrap from SY Genre Undergarments G2M, because the bottom of Serpent Assassin lacked for containment, so to speak. He's also got the boots from Dark Intent G3F, fitted back, because Serpent Assassin doesn't have shoes.

Erstwhile rescuers

vwrangler-Rescuers.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409
    edited December 2016

Entry # 1: Just walking

No rep. clothing, Background Pixabay image, Iray render (one of my first Iray)

v.jpg
    1599 x 2086 - 377K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2016

Entry # 2: Amsterdam Biker

No rep. clothing, everything DAZ, no postwork

amsterdam.jpg
    1658 x 2163 - 744K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited January 2017

Entry # 3: Dream Men 2017

No rep clothing, heavy postwork for the background with pixabay pictures.

I do know that this picture could be considered somehow discriminating, but I did this for a friend of mine who definitely wished for a present by Santa showing a man of her own color.

As for the title, that's special for this contest :-)

dream-men.jpg
    1449 x 2072 - 612K
    Post edited by cherpenbeck on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 2016

Hope this is done correctly as I didn't seem able to follow the instructions to add an attachment.

Repurposed items Red Gloves, Goggles and Whips from Helix 5 For Genesis 3 Female

Entry # 1

Scion

Scion.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 289K
    Post edited by scorpio on
    edited December 2016

Dr Schwätzer​

Dr Schwätzer.jpg
    1440 x 1800 - 383K
    Post edited by luci45 on
    luci45 said:

Dr Schwätzer​

He's good

• warlocwarloc Posts: 15
    edited December 2016

Okay I finally finished my (3) third entry, hope you like (-:  - I called it "Destiny Awaits"

dazcontest24H_LOW3.jpg
    2250 x 3000 - 1M
    Post edited by warloc on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 2016

​Entry # 2

Spartan

Spartan.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 266K
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • dmcl90dmcl90 Posts: 18
    edited December 2016

First entry :)

Title "What do we have here?" Nothing repurposed.

sebdevil01p.png
    2560 x 1440 - 6M
    Post edited by dmcl90 on
  • dmcl90dmcl90 Posts: 18
    edited January 2017

Entry 2: "Your Soul is mine!". Repurposed lycan hunter suit for genesis female onto freak5 :0

lav01rb.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
    Post edited by dmcl90 on
  • We've had a wild submission rate today.  I'm a few minutes early, but there is only about 6 hours left.  Don't worry, I won't stop things until after the clock strikes midnight in DAZland!  Contest ends tonight!

• scorpio said:

Hope this is done correctly as I didn't seem able to follow the instructions to add an attachment.

Repurposed items Red Gloves, Goggles and Whips from Helix 5 For Genesis 3 Female

Entry # 1

Scion

Love this- great choice of color for the lighting as well as that commanding pose.  Thank you for using Scion for this one.

• NAE- titled, "Wha'dya say?"

• Only a little over 4 hours left everyone!

• smoke14smoke14 Posts: 245

Second entry - Just Relaxing

raining_men_16-2.png
    1000 x 1647 - 915K