It's Raining Men Again Competition -- Winners Revealed!!!!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Saidge said:

@Knittingmommy don't worry about how long it takes.  I think we all sympathize with the job of doing the judging this year.  I know I certainly wouldn't want to do it, lol.  again, many thanks for the great job you did hosting this :D

I agree there.  heck even last year we didn't publish a result till the 15th, and we are more experienced at doing this sort of thing, the forum team has been a team now for several years,  this was KM's first go ever.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I hope anyone doesn't mind me asking this...

Is this there going to be a female character competiton at somepoint this year, or is it just going to be male characters only for the forseeable future on here?

I don't expect there will ever be a competition specifically for the female characters. I think this is the only competition where the females must take a back seat to the males, if they are included at all.

The original "It's Raining Men" competition was the result of a thread bemoaning the lack of male figures/characters and hair/clothing/accessories for them, (It's Not Raining Men.)That was almost a year and a half ago. Since the beginning of last year, we've seen a significant increase in male base figures, male characters for those base figures, and clothing for male figures.
    yes yes

Many of us asked for the "It's Raining Men" competition to be made annual. KnittingMommy stepped up and did a great job for the second competition. And the response again this year means there will most likely be a third competition at the end of 2017.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited January 2017

The winners for the It's Raining Men Again Contest have been decided.  It was tough.  There were so many great entries.  You guys made it really hard to narrow it down.  Please note that the numbers given for the Main Category are not the same numbers given for the Re-Purposed Category.  Each category had its own numbering system.

Main Category

1 st Place  #76  Dragon Master by Warloc

2 nd Place #29  by Saidge

3 rd Place  #70 Wintery by mal3Imagery

HM  #81 Ilya by Luci45

Re-Purposed Category

1 st Place  #21 Taming the Green Demon by Chanteur de Vent

HM #24 Erstwhile Rescuers by vwrangler

HM #18 Genie of the Lamp by Butch

Winners look at the vendor's stores for your prize package and select the prizes you wish and PM them to @DAZ_ann0314 with which place you won and your selections within 5 to 7 days.  Please include links in your PM for your selections.  In your PM, please include the email address linked to your DAZ account which you want the Certificates from DAZ and vendor prizes to be placed in your product library.  Prizes will be awarded within 5 to 7 days once all selections by winners have been made.  I will be PMing each of the winners with the other donated Gift Certificate codes per your prize package within the next 24 hours.  If you have any questions, please PM me directly.

Congratulations everyone!  It was a tough contest to judge with lots of really great entries.  I'm happy to say that I think this year's contest was a huge success!

edit: fixed spelling error

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Congrats to the winners! My personal fav is 3 rd Place  #70 Wintery by mal3Imagery. That would be a man I would love dating :-)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Gorgeous work everyone!                                                                                                                                                    

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Congratulations, everyone!

• warlocwarloc Posts: 15

Wow!  what a great surpise when I open the forurm to see who the winners are and OMG my render was at the top of the list!!  I want to thank everyone involved in putting this contest together, The generosity of the donators for prizes and my congratulations to all the other winners and their great work.   I also want to thank all artists who particaped, so many great images to compete against, in my mind they are all winners for giving it their best shot!   Again thank you and special thanks to Knittingmommy for organizing the It's Raining Men Again competition ... 

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

Congratulations everyone, some stunning work on display by all the competitors.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Congratulations everyone, some stunning work on display by all the competitors.

I have to agree with evilded777. I don't know how the judges were able to narrow it down so quickly. Yes, two weeks was fast, when you consider the talent displayed and quality of the entries.

Congratulations to the winners.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Congratulations.  Well deserved.  There were many great entries.  Thanks to KM and the judges and the sponsors.  Y'all did good.  yes

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

very good

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,777

I see some of my favorites made the pick, congratulations to all Winners/HMers, etc. Was a fun time, hope to see more Raining Men next year. :-)

• Saidge42Saidge42 Posts: 128

well what a surprise this is!!  and I must agree, fantastic images entered :D  thank you so very, very much and congrats to everyone!!  Knittingmommy you did a wonderful job as host, and a big thanks to everyone else involved!  Congratulations @warloc  your image is amazing!!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Congrats to the winners!  Great work everyone!!

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Congratulations all winners!

• OMG, thank you so much guys!  *runs a small happy circle*

Congratulations to all the winners! And thank you KM for such a wonderful contest, it must have been really hard to select the entries and definitely to manage the results in such a short span. You deserve a warm round of applause! :clap:

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Congratulations to all winners and HM's.

• Congrats to the winners-great job, everyone

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Congratulations to all the winners.  Well done everyone.

• Congratulations winners! Great work by everyone :D

• ButchButch Posts: 797

I'm speechless... thankyou surprise

Everyone, I think, deserves a round of applause.

• Congratulations to all the winners. Well deserved. Glad to see a few of my favourites in there as well. I think there was a marked iimprovement over the quality of the images over the previous year's entries. Great job.

@Knittingmommy What can I say that hasn't been said before? You did great running this competition. Thanks for all your time and effort put into running this smooth and efficiently. 

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,839

Congratulations to everyone!  Really well done images all around.

• Okay, winners, I've sent out PMs to everyone with only one glitch with Luci45 and Butch's PMs.  Hopefully, we caught it quickly and they forgive me for the error.  If you didn't get a PM, please let me know.  I'm afk for a bit but I'll be later to check and see if anyone had any problems.  Thanks for all of the kind words everyone!  blush

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,662

Congrats to the winners and thanks for the PM! And thank you, Knittingmommy  and sponsors for a wonderful contest! laugh

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Was fun to see so many good male pictures. Looking forwards to the next competiton (in a year or so, if I understood right)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,346
    edited January 2017

Excellent contest.  It was fun watching the entries get submitted.  Everyone did a great job. Special thanks to Knitting Mommy for running the contest and getting all the judging done which was probably no small task given the quality of the submissions.  

Congratulations to all the winners.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • As many of the Carrara users may have noticed, none of the winning entries were made in Carrara.  When the special prize was added, it was stated that it would go to a Carrara entry if it made it into one of the top spots.  There has been a discussion of what to do with the donated prize now that the contest is over and it didn't get won.  We had a couple of options to consider.  So, here is what we are going to do so that the prize stays as a Carrara prize.  I'm pulling all of the Carrara entries and they will be judged and the best Carrara entry will get the unclaimed prize.  So, stay tuned and I will let you know who gets to claim the $10 gift certificate.

• Carrara Winner Announced!!!

The entry getting the $10 Gift Card for the Best Carrara entry is:

Disco Clown by Vyusur

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Congrats Vyusur... well done!