WIP Thread for June New Users Contest.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That looks good Sasje. The textures on the clothing looks great. If you have bump maps for the doll some texture on it would add to the picture as well. If the girls texture has a bump or displacement map you could get a real good render if textures were visable in the skin also.

Just my Two cents.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Sasje said:
    I think this will be my second entry.
    I used three spotlights, the tears I did with Photoshop.

Tips are welcome :)

the texture on the doll looks a tad plastic to me, some bump or displacement mapping should make it look more like fabric, also turning down the peculiarity a tad might help

all in all i think the posing, expression and composition is well done. might try tweaking the lighting just a hair too, remember this month is about lighting, lets see what you can do

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited June 2012

wuuu,,

remember this month is about lighting,

I might lose the theme of contest,:shut:

I have recognized "light and shadow" is the thema of june new comer contests,

But Now I worry about,

We decided to settle on making it a Portrait contest

The theme of picture should be "Porrait" ,( year, I could particpate ,because I thought "portrait" may not need so many items,,)

then, the second my picture (now I want improve,) showed above can be entry?

Is it better to change it more "Portrait "? (or look like "porrait style", though I do not know well what is portrait style )

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited June 2012

Your First one was just right Kitkoredazu. If you wish to do another one go ahead. You can enter two renders in the contest.

Your second idea is a good one. Show more of your idea with the lights. We will help. Not enough done yet to see what your idea might be.

I would do more light from the Magic ball, and change the pose so the light from the magic was on her face more.

Does that help?

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

wuu thanks much jederlail. yeah, plase call me "kita or something you want.

(I mistook my HN ,, I want to change it more friendly or coooouuul one.,)

then,,

I have not another idea about light now ><);</p>

I am loosing what is my thema and story .

I would do more light from the Magic ball

waooh, is it oK.? I feel the ball seems just a sphere , so I should change it more mysterious one,
    and which is better , more clear color or, more decrease shadow and shape.
    (adjust material, or reflection, refraction, etc)

and I think now,, she is breaking the magic wall( deep solid ) by her energy ,then close to camera.
    but I can not do it well,,

I am changing it (she is Shrine Maiden in another world)

and want show it you and fellowes for critical (advices)

Now I read and read again many words ,conversations, advices here.

uuhh,, I keep , constantly. so please see and check it now .(though I am losing the way now)

yes I should change her pose!! uuuuu I try it today.

meigi5.jpg
    600 x 800 - 222K
    edited December 1969

First, I would make the ball very small. Just big enough to fit in her hand.
    Then put a POINT Light in the middle of it. Then Parent the Point Light to the Sphere/Ball.
    Then I would change the Sphere's settings untill it really glowed.
    Try Opacity, Diffuse and other settings for the Surface of the Sphere.
    Try one thing and do a Test render, try another thing and do another test render.
    When you get a Great Glowing Magic Ball you need to see what the light from it
    does to you full picture. Then you play with the other lights. Get the Magic good first,
    See what it does in the render, then change your other lights to make a STRONG
    Picture. I say Strong meaning LOOKS good to you.

Hope you can try this or get more tips from other mentors.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

I changed the hair of the doll and the girls face
    And I try to fix the light.

My_doll_nieuw_bew.jpg
    609 x 800 - 408K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,388
    edited December 1969

Sasje said:
    I changed the hair of the doll and the girls face
    And I try to fix the light.

Looking really good.

edited June 2012

Thank you jederlail.
    I never waste advices.

though I can not find out clear vision,
    I can arrange ideas and try it by suggestion.

I am thinking to set more strong and clear contlrast and color on this picture.,,
    but my sphere not really grow yet,, ( change diffuse it becomes just plastic ball >< )

I try it tomorrow again,.

now Power on my light! good night every one. (edited)

meige4.jpg
    600 x 800 - 298K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Thank you jederlail.
    I never waste advices.

I am thinking to set more strong and clear contlrast and color on this picture.,,
    but my sphere not really grow yet,, ( change diffuse it becomes just plastic ball >< )

Kit, You might try this:
    download and install this shader package (it is free but you must be registered at Renderosity)
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=34419
    Once you get them installed select your sphere in the scene and it's surface in the surface tab. Double click on one of the colors. Change the diffuse color to 255, 255, 255 and adjust the opacity to about 50%. Render. This shader setup will show you how to make the variations we see in magic orbs.
    Here is another option:
    Electro Neon Shaders
    http://iletgo.deviantart.com/art/Electro-Neon-Shaders-126531820
    To use these you must first change the Glossiness limit to No. To do this, on the surface tab look for the Specular section of the surface. Expand it and you will see Glossiness, Specular Color, Specular Strength and Mulitply Specular Trough Opacity. Click on the star in the upper right hand corner of the Glossiness box. A menu comes up and you want to select the parameter settings. Change the Respect Limits: to No Select Accept. then apply the shader to your sphere.
    Plain DAZ lights work best for these types of shaders. Ubers want to do things differently and they tend to eliminate the effect the shader is trying to do.

Image1a.jpg
    600 x 600 - 78K
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you jederlail.
    I never waste advices.

Now that image is STUNNING!!! It's different; it jumps out at you and grabs your attention. If I were a judge; this would be in one of my top picks.
    edited December 1969

Isn't it great what people can do with just a few tips? I love all the new updates, they look great.

edited December 1969

Thank you jederlail.
    I never waste advices.

Beautiful image. Very well done. The framing and lighting are great.

edited December 1969

uuu, thanks all. yes I feel it is too good for me

(I stucked another picture before, but I so disappointed at my picture,,
    then I tryied again before sleep,, ,,,,,,,

after render one,,so I thought yes,, I got it,,then edited (power on !!)

but I am afraid if it was just feeling of myself, ,,, but Is it good than onother my picture (the lady with soul ball))?
    some shadow is not my plan,, but I felt It make some imapct,, so,, ( if I clear it, other things not goes well ><) )</p>

If it is good, I am so happy. (but,, I forgot to save the sceane,, wwww,,,)

Now I try to close to the picture above, but ,, I have no confidence to remake the seanes,,)
    It may be biginners luck and some lucky god down to me.

and thnaks dolly girl , I downloaded the utility now. are the tools material preset?
    I now try and check it. (shader means material preset which adjusted parameters? )

anyway ,, so thanks all. I will try more.

edited June 2012

Kitakoredazu three of us love your new one. You have done very good work. Dont change a thing.

I am not sure you can make it better than it is.

edited December 1969

I agree with Jaderail. Submit it as it is. You can submit up to two images so go off and do another.

• JohnVDB_1JohnVDB_1 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Title: In Thoughts

I was playing with some light settings and this is what the result was.

Character:Daz V4 with o'rourke mats and morphs.

o_rourke2.jpg
    584 x 778 - 165K
    edited June 2012

JohnVDB_1 the paint effect looks very good. Did you do some DOF also? The only little thing I notice is you have very high saturation on the shoulder. It just draws the eyes away from the face to much. Of course I do like it over all very much.

• JohnVDB_1JohnVDB_1 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail,No i didnt use the depth of field option because i wanted to keep the image as pure as possible,and i was not aware of the high saturation.Thanks again for the comment.

edited June 2012

I do not think it can be fixed without changing the lighting. It's an effect of the lighting, I would not change the lighting it works so well.
    Maybe just re-framing the face would work, but I like it just the way it is Also.

EDIT: I see it is posted in the Contest, So just ingore this last post.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail and Lycanthropex for the advice :-)
    Now I don’t know what’s better the earlier one that I changed or the second one where I put an extra spotlight in it.

verdrietig_nieuw_licht_test.jpg
    609 x 800 - 463K
    edited December 1969

Very nicely done.

edited December 1969

I like this one. It's very nice.

• Shinji Ikari 9thShinji Ikari 9th Posts: 1,163
    edited December 1969

Did a little with my WIP for this month. I went and added a spot light that I wanted to look like a flashlight that was almost dead.

june_idea_1b.jpg
    600 x 800 - 196K
  • home and hearthome and heart Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone, this is my first post in the forum. Here is my attempt. I need some help with this...thanks in advance. I love the way you all help us, I've learnt lots

first.jpg
    800 x 600 - 47K
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone, this is my first post in the forum. Here is my attempt. I need some help with this...thanks in advance. I love the way you all help us, I've learnt lots
    You are off to a good start; but your image needs to be taller than it is wide.
  • kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

This is my favorite image, mainly because I am a sucker for this style and POV.
    I took the liberty of making an adjustment to the contrast and dimension layout.....I hope you don't mind.

Love it!!!!;-P

first.jpg
    502 x 600 - 35K
    edited December 1969

JohnVDB_1 said:
    Title: In Thoughts

I was playing with some light settings and this is what the result was.

Character:Daz V4 with o'rourke mats and morphs.

Another great POV here........the only thing I dislike is her "teeth"....they don't appear natural to me...kinda spooky.
    I think she would look heaps better with her lips closed.
    But overall, nice work. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Sasje said:
    I think this will be my second entry.
    I used three spotlights, the tears I did with Photoshop.

Tips are welcome :)

A real little cutie.....my only tip would be, adjust the contrast to make her "pop" a little more. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Thank you jederlail.
    I never waste advices.

This looks 100% better than your first, Kita.
    You have really managed to create some neat fantasy lighting and the POV works really well too. :coolsmile:
    Excellent, well done.