Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    That's cute. My only suggestion would be to add some movement to the hair, how gravity would effect it when they are in those poses.

Thank you so much, TimG, will do :) I'm Jaime, btw :-P

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Dredd has a nice LawGiver Mark II

LG.jpg
    703 x 433 - 103K
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

Whoah this Dredd figure is shaping up nicely! I can not wait to see the finished results. Will you be releasing this whole set at some point in any stores?

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Rduda said:

Whoah this Dredd figure is shaping up nicely! I can not wait to see the finished results. Will you be releasing this whole set at some point in any stores?

Seconded :cheese:

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Render drop.

Ayla's new ride.

Can't be the Bat without a Batmobile.

Crappy low poly car model ripped from game, Arkham Asylum. Got it from game site.
    Fixed the textures a little, didn't touch the mesh.

I think I've stretched this joke about about far enough. :P

This is another render in a series I'm doing on Whateley Academy.

ayla_new_ride-1.jpg
    2000 x 956 - 825K
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Rduda said:

If Joe can work on the suit, I'll send him the props to add and I'm sure we can make it a freedbee, what do you think joe?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,019
    edited December 1969

In flight portrait. :)

Superman_final.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 247K
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,699
    edited March 2013

Rduda said:
    Geminii23 said:
    Rduda said:

If Joe can work on the suit, I'll send him the props to add and I'm sure we can make it a freedbee, what do you think joe?

I was thinking something like this, sans buckle strap collar and for men? Maybe a little less form fitting with more wrinkles too. Click the images to view at larger resolution.

Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

=P~ *drool*

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Really well done :-) Colors are spot on and I like the cape's furling.

Imo, though, Clark's expression is a little dark; I'd expect that from Bruce, but that's just me :)

And I love the spitcurl :cheese:

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    My Superman in flight.

*EDITED TO ADD* And I am so sorry that I forgot to give credit where credit is due. This is the Golden Age set by JoeQuick (Great set there) autofitted to Genesis.

The Hair is from the Uzilite Superman set.

The Genesis Morphs are M5 Hero with my own morphs for the face and some of the body mainly for proportion.

The skies are from the Skies of Economy set.

I hear Superman (It's Not Easy) when I see this. Total Awesomeness :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Imo, though, Clark's expression is a little dark; I'd expect that from Bruce, but that's just me :)

Thanks! I was using a reference (see below) for the pose and expression that I liked; I thought it a little dark as well, but I found the look of determination there appealing.

Superman.jpg
    650 x 1080 - 528K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    tjohn said:

Thanks! I was using a reference (see below) for the pose and expression that I liked; I thought it a little dark as well, but I found the look of determination there appealing.

Yvw, tjohn :)

That's a really good realization of the reference! :-) I think adding a little fill to the shadow side of Clark's face would emphasize his determination and move it away from the broody "I am the Night" vibe. :lol: Just my opinion though and your render is really well done :cheese:

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited March 2013

Were my colors off? Crap, I am color blind. :(

:)

Working on Batman now but I have some other stuff to complete before that.

Hey, JoeQuick!

Was that a Zatanna suit I spotted at your website?

WANT! *smile*

Looks fanTAStic!

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited March 2013

Joequick said:
    Rduda said:
    Geminii23 said:
    Rduda said:

I was thinking something like this, sans buckle strap collar and for men? Maybe a little less form fitting with more wrinkles too. Click the images to view at larger resolution.

Love it!! Not sure on the chocker for dredd ;) but it could work with the chain to the badge?

Post edited by rduda on
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Were my colors off? Crap, I am color blind. :(

:)

Working on Batman now but I have some other stuff to complete before that.

Hey, JoeQuick!

Was that a Zatanna suit I spotted at your website?

WANT! *smile*

Looks fanTAStic!

+1
    Oh....Zatanna...
    edited March 2013

Wow! :bug:

Went over this thread from the beginning (and I'll go back and study some sections in detail, especially the Z-Brush bits) ;-)

I should have introduced myself first :red: I'm a lifelong comic fan having been born in the early 60s and grew up in the Silver Age :cheese: won't bore you with other details except that I live on the other side of the world, in the Philippines :lol:

8 years in advertising and have worked as a lighting cameraman since '97; multi-hyphenate for corporate videos although I'm semi-retired from that :-P

New to D|S, newer to these forums and really, really new to rendering :P

Thanks to TimG for his suggestion on Diana's and Caitlin's hair :-)

And now a question: I'm planning to do a render where Diana and Caitlin fight each other with bad guys cheering on (yah, it's a cheesy trope but always a goodie :lol: ). Any recommendations to where I can find resources for the villians? I know RawArt's clown is great for The Joker. Any recos as to Luthor? Those two are musts.

EDIT: Are there any recommendations as to 'Do's and his iconic suit? I'd be really grateful for any suggestions, hints and tips for other villians :) (Getting RawArt's Clown Bundle and did Luthor :P )

Credits : RoguePilot's awesome textures for Wonder Woman's new 52 look and Fairchild's outfit both for the V4 Bodysuit.
    Post-work: PS for Sharpen More Filter and Red Paw Media's Beautifier filter (RPM plug-ins free but work only on 32 bit).

Diana_and_Caitlin_DA.png
    1515 x 1515 - 4M
    Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited March 2013

My first real contribution as it’s neither a test nor cheesecake :-P

Title: Answered Prayer

(because Oh My Goddess, while more accurate, would have been too goofy :lol: )

Credits: RougePilot for the Wonder Woman New 52 accessories and textures for the V4 Bodysuit, Mec4D for the Athena-Minerva outfit.

Postwork: PD for sharpen more filter and Red Paw Media's Beautifier filter.

Diana and Athena morphs by me.

I missed Noggin’s sale and will re-render to add his owl to Athena when I can get it :)

Answered_Prayer_for_forums.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
    Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

I was talking to some other pa's about that just yesterday. I don't think it'd be as noticeable if all the girls didn't have a default v4 mug.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

How would someone do this with Daz Figures

It looks like they saved the render as an outline image, I saw a tutorial that showed your how to do that, and then they painted it manually in something like photoshop.

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Since you are talking about artists using Daz models...has anyone read "ANOMALY" from Haberlein?

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

I was talking to some other pa's about that just yesterday. I don't think it'd be as noticeable if all the girls didn't have a default v4 mug.

Or if the looming troll had forgotten to put in any head morphs that morning, you mean?

I saw a Baen book at the library a couple years ago on their New Fiction rack, with a cover swarming with Mike3 (no textures, even!) and the MilDragon #2.

edited March 2013

Batman

Just too many credits to give but obviously Supersuit, BC Rooftops, Dystopia, Skies of Economy,HAL & Joe's Batmask, Golden Age (By JoeQuick) and Silverkey's Bat (Which for some reason wasn't loaded by DIM. Had to go install manually... hmmm.)

Anywho... whaddya think? There is no post here and I know the top of the boots and bottom of the cape aren't quite right.

Other than that, did I do okay?

Batman-DarkKnight.jpg
    540 x 720 - 188K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

looks great! I love the bats

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Battylicious Robert! LOL

edited December 1969

It looks like they saved the render as an outline image, I saw a tutorial that showed your how to do that, and then they painted it manually in something like photoshop.

I would imagine that it's just traced in photoshop, sketchbook or painter.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,256
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

many of the clothes are straight up Daz as well, Tim Hunter is wearing the Wilderlander set

edited December 1969

Joequick said:

I would imagine that it's just traced in photoshop, sketchbook or painter.

There are also many types of filters for photoshop available that could emulate such or at least give a head start towards the end product he has but you would still need to know what you are doing for the most part to have a good end product.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Batman

Just too many credits to give but obviously Supersuit, BC Rooftops, Dystopia, Skies of Economy,HAL & Joe's Batmask, Golden Age (By JoeQuick) and Silverkey's Bat (Which for some reason wasn't loaded by DIM. Had to go install manually... hmmm.)

Anywho... whaddya think? There is no post here and I know the top of the boots and bottom of the cape aren't quite right.

Other than that, did I do okay?

Looks pretty awesome! I keep wanting to make some more comic book inspired stuff. I need to learn how to use the Supersuit more. Can't wait for more add on packs for the supersuit!

This discussion has been closed.