Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Nightwing is awesome!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,252
    edited December 1969

quick portrait of Janet van Dyne - The Wasp

Wasp1.jpg
    772 x 1000 - 210K
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    edited December 1969

TimG

Nice!

I just started creating the same character. I started with Joe Quick's Body Suit for V4 and Creature Wings Expansion pack. How did you get Jan to look so good? Did you create the chest texture yourself or is it available somewhere.

edited December 1969

I used the V4 bodysuit and gloves. I made the texture myself in Photoshop. I used Tequila hair and 50% Petite proportion from the S4 morphs.

I did the texture in black and white, applied a gold metal shader to the whole bodysuit, then used the texture as a mask on all the settings so it would be matte but leave the gold areas shiny. I also used it as a bump & displacement.

I'm happy to share if you'd like it.

edited December 1969

TimG,

Yes please. Can you send it with a PM?

edited December 1969

if you PM me an e-mail address, I can send it you that way

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I used the V4 bodysuit and gloves. I made the texture myself in Photoshop. I used Tequila hair and 50% Petite proportion from the S4 morphs.

I did the texture in black and white, applied a gold metal shader to the whole bodysuit, then used the texture as a mask on all the settings so it would be matte but leave the gold areas shiny. I also used it as a bump & displacement.

I'm happy to share if you'd like it.

WOW!!! that is an awesome looking Wasp, I love that outfit!

edited December 1969

I made a texture mask for the gloves (V4 Bodysuit expansion) to give her gold palms. The boots are from Courageous, with all the straps and buckles hidden.

Wasp3.jpg
    772 x 1000 - 144K
    edited December 1969

WOW!!! that is looking unbelievable! I can't believe how well you have captured her uniform!

edited December 1969

thanks! I sent you an e-mail.

edited December 1969

Thanks Tim, I just got them. The work you have done on this is amazing, I am going to have to sit and play with this this morning and make a wasp image of my own! Thank you so much for the share on this!

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited March 2013

Progress made! with a lot of help and luck! Helmet by me, Hands Claymore set, and the rest a freind gave me permission to conform to M4. I'm re doing the gauntlets and I'm working out the pants & boots armor now.

Bat3.jpg
    780 x 758 - 155K
    Bat2.jpg
    1147 x 786 - 22K
    Bat1.jpg
    1147 x 786 - 24K
    Post edited by rduda on
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Progress made! with a lot of help and luck! Helmet by me, Hands Claymore set, and the rest a freind gave me permission to conform to M4. I'm re doing the gauntlets and I'm working out the pants & boots armor now.

WOW that is looking awesome! It really captures the look of the batman armor! This is really an amazing piece of work so far i can't wait to see what you do with the rest of it!

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited March 2013

Yep... that beats my old school mish-mosh I did... I just used pre-bought stuff but the morph of Joker's face is mine and select morphs for Bats are too.

P.S.: Thanks to JoeQuick for the Bat symbol.

JokersWild.jpg
    1260 x 1080 - 238K
    BatmanWins.jpg
    1260 x 1080 - 215K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

TimG,

Thanks for the textures. I can't wait to try them out.

• AngryDragonRiderAngryDragonRider Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A work in progress of the Avengers. I'm beginning to realize that I have group shots of the X-Men,JLA, Green Lanterns, Young Avengers, Young Justice and now the Avengers - all works in progress. Maybe I should finish one of them before moving on to something else equally distracting ...

Avengers_GroupShot.jpg
    1000 x 636 - 146K
    edited December 1969

A work in progress of the Avengers. I'm beginning to realize that I have group shots of the X-Men,JLA, Green Lanterns, Young Avengers, Young Justice and now the Avengers - all works in progress. Maybe I should finish one of them before moving on to something else equally distracting ...

Nice!

Did you make the textures for Captain Marvel and Hawkeye?

Are they using the M4 bodysuit?

Hawkeye is a custom texture for the M4 bodysuit, soon to available along with Iron Fist and Wonder Man on my ShareCG page. Captain Marvel is wearing the Shapeshifter bodysuit which if I'm not mistaken comes with the texture included. If not I get that on ShareCG but can't really remember.

edited December 1969

Good news! One of the group here as been kind enough to lend a hand to conform my bat suit. But I keep making tweaks, so I've sent him a smoother version that I hope will work. Here are some images:

Bat01.jpg
    747 x 777 - 27K
    Bats02.jpg
    747 x 777 - 25K
    edited December 1969

Gauntlets done.

Gont.jpg
    747 x 777 - 22K
    edited March 2013

Anyone working on Dredd?

Duda.jpg
    747 x 921 - 261K
    Post edited by rduda on
  • BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

Not sure if this really counts as rendering a superhero. It's more of a DAZ manip I did for one of my friends. First time ever putting DAZ models in the same space with a real person. I think it turned out okay. Sorta early Mortal Kombaty.

DANGER_ROOM_JEAN_POST.JPG
    1412 x 756 - 195K
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,699
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Anyone working on Dredd?

Isi paid Hal to make him a Judge costume.
    Don't know if it was an exclusive thing.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Rduda said:
    Anyone working on Dredd?

Isi paid Hal to make him a Judge costume.
    Don't know if it was an exclusive thing.

I was starting make some Dredd props and I was seeing if anyone was interested in free stuff as I got them built. The badge above I can put any name in (hopefully not to large).

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

I was starting make some Dredd props and I was seeing if anyone was interested in free stuff as I got them built. The badge above I can put any name in (hopefully not to large).

Free stuff is always good! I love me some Dredd! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

A little Bats here, Joe did a great job conforming the armor to conforming figure for me!! Sci-Fi Armor pants, daz boots and Prince Cape.

Bat.jpg
    409 x 777 - 94K
    edited December 1969

Showing the armor bend. What do you guys and girls think?

bat3.jpg
    497 x 777 - 113K
    bat2.jpg
    747 x 777 - 114K
    edited December 1969

No noticeable cracked bends so far. Looks almost like a prototype for the actual movie. Pretty good, I say. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

What do you guys think of these colors for the bat suit:

bat5.jpg
    747 x 777 - 123K
    edited December 1969

That. Is. Awesome!

edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    What do you guys think of these colors for the bat suit:

It works, but maybe a little too shiny, which is fine for the Burton armors.
    http://bodysuitsonline.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/batman-returns.jpg

However, the Nolan armors were more rubbery and the sheen was less pronounced:

http://doctorgalacticandthelabcoatcowboy.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/00017008-batman4.jpg

For a comparison of all the live action bat zoots:
    http://bodysuitsonline.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/evolution-of-batman1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.