Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,264
    edited December 1969

I am woking on a brand new expansion of my own with many new characters and shader presets. I have reason to believe that DAZ will make updates to the suit as well... but I cant promise that. If they do, it will most likely be small fixes that improve user experience.

I would happily buy that combined cape and cowl, especially if there it a 'turtleneck' setting so I could use the cape without the full mask for a character like Robin.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Im working on the cowls and capes... but here are a couple of old images of the suits.

Whoa! :bug: That Dark Knight has a Brian Bolland vibe :cheese: And the fun suit takes me way, way back to my childhood :-P

Dredd Armor Start: I'm using the Trooper as a base uniform.

I may get flamed but I thought the costume and production design were the best things about the movie, everything else was... :lol:

Kudos, Randall and Rduda :)

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,783
    edited December 1969

lface8 said:
    That looks really good. Is there going to be a Batman set as well?

yes

Im working on the cowls and capes... but here are a couple of old images of the suits.

Looks cool Randall
    Is the cape modeled with those peaks on the edge?
    I think it would be cooler if the edge was straight and you put those in with trans maps....much more useful.

• ServantServant Posts: 758
    edited December 1969

Good to know you're developing new stuff for the Super Suit, Randall! It really felt like it hit a snag when it was being marketed as practically the only suit you will ever need for nearly any occasion. While I love it as is, there's just so much potential left to be explored. Those youtube vids have been most useful in expanding its uses. :coolsmile:

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,700
    edited March 2013

M4 as Damian Wayne (with and without the camera filter)

Edit March 26: Went back and added breath and a little bit of color to the nose and ears.

coldwinterknights_postw.jpg
    769 x 1000 - 376K
    coldwinterknights_snow1.jpg
    769 x 1000 - 667K
    coldwinterknights_post.jpg
    769 x 1000 - 485K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    M4 as Damian Wayne

nice work!

RIP, Damien

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 575
    edited December 1969

lface8 said:

yes

Cool! Are the capes the Supersuit capes? I tried using the dynamic capes put out by SimonWM but I ran into an error or two so I have to experiment some more.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

This is a wip I am working on of Arsenal From the DC Universe

Arsenal is the Original sidekick of Green Arrow, Speedy who lost his arm and was cloned.

arsenal.jpg
    1280 x 1810 - 258K
  • Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    lface8 said:

yes

Looks cool Randall
    Is the cape modeled with those peaks on the edge?
    I think it would be cooler if the edge was straight and you put those in with trans maps....much more useful.

that is the hooded cloak for genesis with transmaps. the parts coming over the front of the shoulders is Postwork

the cloak im working on is a new clothing item

• PGandaraPGandara Posts: 34
    edited March 2013

Wasp and Ant Man (thanks TimG for the wasp`s suit map )

Wasp_Ant_Man_resize.jpg
    800 x 942 - 289K
    Post edited by PGandara on
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

lface8 said:

yes

OMG! I so can not wait for your new bundles to hit the store! Are you taking requests for character designs? How many are you thinking about having in the bundles?

• Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    lface8 said:

yes

OMG! I so can not wait for your new bundles to hit the store! Are you taking requests for character designs? How many are you thinking about having in the bundles?

Im mostly finished... but sure... fire away with requests :D

edited December 1969

Not sure how many figures you plan on doing or how frequently you plan on releasing them, but it looks like we can expect Captain America Supes and Bats right away which is awesome!

I know that many of these are available via V4/M4 but for us Genesis SuperSuit users I would love to see the following:

- Iron Man (and possibly some additional props/presets for War Machine)
    - Spider-Man (possibly some preset to make Venom out of Freak 5)
    - X-Men (any..all of them! Especially Wolverine and Magneto)
    - Thor
    - Wonder Woman
    - Green Lantern (possibly presets for other Lanterns Like Sinestro)
    - Lex Luther (Armored version like DC Universe)

I know we could go on and on with favorites/requests, so I will leave it there. But I would also add that I would love to see other genres that the SuperSuit might work for such as Mortal Kombat characters and Killer Instict.

Thanks again for all your amazing work! Looking forward to see and use the finished products!

edited December 1969

This was my entry in the recently ended stonemason render thread (so I can finally post it elsewhere).

I figured I'd post it here since I'd like to expand on these characters maybe in the future.

It's basically a play off the age of apocalypse and days of future past, with basically like the last two mutants escaping mech sentinels.

This was definitely one of my favs from the Stonemason contest! Well done!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,030
    edited December 1969

Zero pose. Going for the Silver Age design.

Supes.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 281K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Wonderful stuff, TJohn!

Where did you get the boots? Are those the Supersuit boots with a morph?

edited March 2013

RKane_1 said:
    Wonderful stuff, TJohn!

Where did you get the boots? Are those the Supersuit boots with a morph?

Yes, but an opacity map, not a morph.
    Post edited by TJohn on
  • ServantServant Posts: 758
    edited December 1969

What the Supersuit needs is a good Face plate, since the suit can already morph the head area into a helmet of various designs. With a faceplate that can have mouths, speakers, breathing apparatus, single, double or more eye slits, or even blank features, to name a few, it would open it up for more heavy metal armored creations!

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited March 2013

Joequick said:
    Rduda said:
    Props brought into Poser:

Impressive as ever. If you intend to release it, and If you'd like, I could put together a body suit like that trooper one. That way your set could stand on it's own.

The sort of Turtle Neck Bodysuit would also have use for Guy, that and like fifty more belts...

A suit for the armor would be nice, in the photo below is what I have now, missing toe detail and zipper. The V4 version is in the Trooper and the J Jump suit I think its called (has the zipper) Comment please :) By the way your chin morph from the Golden age makes a great Dredd!

DreddList.jpg
    932 x 786 - 203K
    Fem02.jpg
    604 x 786 - 106K
    Post edited by rduda on
  • nekollxnekollx Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Rduda said:
    Anyone working on Dredd?

Isi paid Hal to make him a Judge costume.
    Don't know if it was an exclusive thing.

So what would be the best means to commision somone to do their own concept costumes?

edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Joequick said:
    Rduda said:

Impressive as ever. If you intend to release it, and If you'd like, I could put together a body suit like that trooper one. That way your set could stand on it's own.

The sort of Turtle Neck Bodysuit would also have use for Guy, that and like fifty more belts...

A suit for the armor would be nice, in the photo below is what I have now, missing toe detail and zipper. The V4 version is in the Trooper and the J Jump suit I think its called (has the zipper) Comment please :) By the way your chin morph from the Golden age makes a great Dredd!

I don't know a lot about Dredd, but that looks really good

edited December 1969

Rduda said:

Me likey :cheese: The male Judge suit has a Judgement on Gotham vibe, which I prefer to the 2000 AD leaner look, but that's just me :-P

And the female Judges had tighter suits as a general rule, I think :P

edited December 1969
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Joequick said:
    Rduda said:

this is stellar work!!!!! Very Nice Richard!!!!

edited December 1969

a Captain Britain Corp member, using the Supersuit

CaptainBritain.jpg
    618 x 800 - 122K
    edited March 2013

My Superman in flight.

*EDITED TO ADD* And I am so sorry that I forgot to give credit where credit is due. This is the Golden Age set by JoeQuick (Great set there) autofitted to Genesis.

The Hair is from the Uzilite Superman set.

The Genesis Morphs are M5 Hero with my own morphs for the face and some of the body mainly for proportion.

The skies are from the Skies of Economy set.

Superman-InFlight-web.jpg
    750 x 1125 - 328K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    My Superman in flight.

Great job!
    edited March 2013

A material/light test in preparation for a Wonder Woman/Fairchild render using RoguePilot's awesome textures. Still working on the render settings for the costumes :-S

Comments and suggestions very, very welcome especially since I don't have a much of a handle on Caitlin as well as other new fangled characters :red:

Diana_and_Caitlin_for_posting.png
    1515 x 1515 - 5M
    Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited December 1969

That's cute. My only suggestion would be to add some movement to the hair, how gravity would effect it when they are in those poses.

edited March 2013

tjohn said:
    RKane_1 said:
    My Superman in flight.

Great job!

And thank you, tjohn! :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
This discussion has been closed.