Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148
    edited December 1969

After a couple of weeks of learning more and more about ZBrush and thanks to Joe and SickleYield for helping kick my butt into high gear I actually made my first bodysuit. It's not perfect but it's pretty good. It's got ALLOT of material zones for all sorts of looks. I had Colossal Boy in mind for this particular mask shape that's worked into the zones.

Here's the link to the Nuts and Bolts thread. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18515/

This is just a quicky render and some Photoshop. Had allot of fun learning. More to come. Yea, considering offering this when I'm completely happy with it.

RAMS-Gen5-Bodysuit-Super.jpg
    997 x 997 - 396K
  • simon_2213780simon_2213780 Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

Another addition,the 'Black Panther' 'Blue Marvel and 3dMan

3dman.jpg
    1300 x 1682 - 780K
    Blue_Marvel.jpg
    1300 x 1682 - 880K
    Black_Panther_5.jpg
    1300 x 1682 - 704K
    Post edited by simon_2213780 on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Okay... working on my Superman. The facial morphs are my own and about 10% of the Body Morphs but it is based off of M5 with GENEROUS use of both Joequick's Golden Age and Uzilite's Superman AND the Dynamic Super Cape.

Superman.jpg
    1260 x 1080 - 243K
  • AngryDragonRiderAngryDragonRider Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Okay... working on my Superman. The facial morphs are my own and about 10% of the Body Morphs but it is based off of M5 with GENEROUS use of both Joequick's Golden Age and Uzilite's Superman AND the Dynamic Super Cape.

This is very cool. As a heads up, though, capes don't convert well from Gen4 to Genesis so if you got it I'd use the super cape for genesis. Otherwise I thinks it's great :-)

• ServantServant Posts: 758
    edited December 1969

This is very cool. As a heads up, though, capes don't convert well from Gen4 to Genesis so if you got it I'd use the super cape for genesis. Otherwise I thinks it's great :-)

Actually, if that's the Dynamic Super cape, then it actually does better than the Genesis supercape in certain areas, especially when it comes to the flow and movement.

http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-supersuit-set-1-worlds-finest

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited March 2013

Joequick said:
    Rduda said:
    Anyone working on Dredd?

Isi paid Hal to make him a Judge costume.
    Don't know if it was an exclusive thing.

Unfortunately that was never finished...and just for the types Hal never accepted money for it...what i pay to have i always release it as a freebie afterwards..that happened with the batman mask with the doomsday model and with the thundercats props..i ask nothing in return...:) credits are always welcome but not a necessity . Richard and Joe excellent work on the batman costume...i know that you guys worked hard for these results. Thank you

Post edited by ISIKOL on
  • hal1hal1 Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

It is true that I use to work on dredd costum a while ago, including the boots, helmet, badge, shoulder pad, trousers and a jacket.
    I posted a couple of wip picture here but people show only little interest on it (if any...) So I finished it quick and dirty and use it to make this picture :

Of course if someone is interested, I can send this outfit to him, if more people are willing to have it I can finish it and release it as a freebie.

Dredd1.png
    924 x 732 - 773K
    Post edited by hal1 on
    edited December 1969

BorgyB said:

Actually, if that's the Dynamic Super cape, then it actually does better than the Genesis supercape in certain areas, especially when it comes to the flow and movement.

http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-supersuit-set-1-worlds-finest

That *IS* the Dynamic Cape from World's Finest!

Good eyes, Borgy B! :)

I made the shirt part of it 0% opacity so I could use the Golden Age suit from Joe Quick.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

I just wanted anyone working on Dredd to know that I was going to be making some props, if they were interested to keep an eye out and some of the props could help them out.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

This is probably kind of lame, as I have never been into superheroes so I don't quite know what to do with them. Both of these guys are Genesis, with Aquaman being a custom head morph of mine blended with M5 and YT Justin. Superman is Michael 5 Heroic and some of Freak 5's thug face mixed in.

I used the Basic Suit (UV's messed up, of course, but luckily Superman's cape hides the repeat of his chest logo which is duplicated on his lower back. Hope they fix this, it was an expensive set to buy the SuperSuit).

Aquaman (or AquaBoy, since he seems to look awfully young here, not my intention) is shaded with regular SuperSuit shaders, but Superman is custom texture. Both are wearing M4/Hiro 4 briefs and Aquaman has a regular SuperSuit over his Basic Suit to allow for the gloves.

Aquaman_and_Superman.jpg
    777 x 926 - 196K
    edited December 1969

Here is a new helmet I worked up over the weekend:

Dredd.jpg
    747 x 777 - 20K
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited March 2013

Richard that looks awesome...if you guys manage to complete judge Dredd then i will make a large poster of him and i will print it in a large 3d lenticullar lens (for whoever know what thi is)..then im planning to show it of at the upcoming Comicon here in Greece...April something...some guys from 2000ad will be there...my plan is to surprize them with such an image...

Post edited by ISIKOL on
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,556
    edited December 1969

Always liked Judge Dredd

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,264
    edited December 1969

a couple of X-Men gender swaps

nightcrawler.jpg
    618 x 800 - 109K
    Wolfsbane.jpg
    618 x 800 - 130K
  • AngryDragonRiderAngryDragonRider Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Cool is that Wolfsbane?

edited December 1969

yup, and Nightcrawler

edited December 1969

Dredd Armor Start: I'm using the Trooper as a base uniform.

Armor.jpg
    824 x 766 - 123K
  • Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    This is probably kind of lame, as I have never been into superheroes so I don't quite know what to do with them. Both of these guys are Genesis, with Aquaman being a custom head morph of mine blended with M5 and YT Justin. Superman is Michael 5 Heroic and some of Freak 5's thug face mixed in.

I used the Basic Suit (UV's messed up, of course, but luckily Superman's cape hides the repeat of his chest logo which is duplicated on his lower back. Hope they fix this, it was an expensive set to buy the SuperSuit).

Aquaman (or AquaBoy, since he seems to look awfully young here, not my intention) is shaded with regular SuperSuit shaders, but Superman is custom texture. Both are wearing M4/Hiro 4 briefs and Aquaman has a regular SuperSuit over his Basic Suit to allow for the gloves.

I posted a tutorial to workaround the basic bodysuit issue. You need DS4 Pro or the CCT, but its fairly simple

http://youtu.be/mr6kk9dAEss

edited March 2013

Here is Cap from my upcoming Supersuit Bundle. It uses only the supersuit, basic suit, superbelt and superboots. the shield is a new custom prop

Ive been updating my heroes and they should all be ready in a couple weeks.

_FINAL_CARD_-_CAPTAIN_AMERICA_8.png
    1523 x 1449 - 704K
    Post edited by Randall Lloyd on
  • lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

That looks really good. Is there going to be a Batman set as well?

edited December 1969

lface8 said:

yes

Im working on the cowls and capes... but here are a couple of old images of the suits.

Classic_batman.jpg
    1190 x 1747 - 265K
    batman_8.jpg
    1190 x 1712 - 375K
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Randall where you been

edited December 1969

Randall where you been

In Exlie :D

edited December 1969

Props brought into Poser:

Dredd04.jpg
    979 x 786 - 65K
    Dredd03.jpg
    1024 x 786 - 86K
    edited March 2013

Looking good rduda.

Just out of curiosity, but what program are you using to build these?

I use Hexagon from Daz, and I think its still free?

Post edited by rduda on
    edited December 1969

lface8 said:

yes

Im working on the cowls and capes... but here are a couple of old images of the suits.

awesome, I love the cape and cowl combined

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    lface8 said:

yes

Omigoodness! Randall! Those look great!

Now is this a brand NEW set or an upgrade to those of us who have already purchased the supersuit? Will the basic suit from the original set ever be fixed?

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    TimG said:
    lface8 said:

yes

Omigoodness! Randall! Those look great!

Now is this a brand NEW set or an upgrade to those of us who have already purchased the supersuit? Will the basic suit from the original set ever be fixed?

I am woking on a brand new expansion of my own with many new characters and shader presets. I have reason to believe that DAZ will make updates to the suit as well... but I cant promise that. If they do, it will most likely be small fixes that improve user experience.

edited December 1969

Thank you so much. That basic suit issue really threw me for some reason when I found out about it and I kind of left the super suit on the back burner expecting to pick it back up when it was fixed instead of fixing it myself (I spend enough on it and the expansions so I shouldn't HAVE to go fix it myself is how I feel about it.)

I started picking it back up especially after watching your video on using the supersuit to work as invisible layer under clothing to use the morphs in the supersuit to modify the clothing above it by using "Fit to". Great tutorials,. BTW.

Thanks for all your great work!

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,700
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Props brought into Poser:

Impressive as ever. If you intend to release it, and If you'd like, I could put together a body suit like that trooper one. That way your set could stand on it's own.

The sort of Turtle Neck Bodysuit would also have use for Guy, that and like fifty more belts...

This discussion has been closed.