The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

1151617181921»

Comments

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,008

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,675

This remeber me some fantasy characters that i've purchased for V4 years ago, only for their skin texture whit freckles

Hmm... buying V4 characters solely for their skin textures, sound familiar.laugh

Of course I wasn't even planing to use them on V4.wink Texture Converter 2 and the A3 addon where very good purchases.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,067
    edited March 1

I have recently bought the 'V3 Generation 2' Character. Been trying to get it to work as a TriAx character, and have been struggling a bit to get the other V3 obj files in and work the morphs properly. Not sure why. Think I may have to write a little program to transfer the shaping morphs I want from a GV3 base obj file to a V3 base obj file. That way I'll be able to get the GV3 specific morphs to act as deltas on the V3 base without messing up other features. At the moment mixing two GV3 based morphs doubles up on the GV3 body morph, and it doesn't look good!

Anyway, for fun just got a TriAx GV3 image with a G8F cocktail dress. I bought SickelYield's G8F V3 clothing autofit clone and used Catherine's tutorial on G9-G8F clone creation to go create a G8F->V3 one that's a bit better than my V3 pose clone. That helps fit the dress more easily.

Regards,

Richard.

TriAx GV3 12 R02.png
    600 x 900 - 625K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
    Bt is possible transfer morph from V3 to a Genesis V3 character? Without Gen or similar software?
    edited March 2
    Not too sure what you are asking? It's possible to load all the Generation 3 characters into a TriAx version of V3 with Morph Loader Advanced or Morph Loader Pro via Obj files, and they appear as morphs. Doing this V3 can morph into M3, GV3, GND2, A3, IV, GV3, H3, F3, SP3 and She Freak 3 and any other Generation 3 Unimesh character with ease. However, morphs included only in the separate GV3 CR2 file also get cluttered up with the GV3 shape when trying to make something like 'Breasts AA Cup' work with vanilla V3. So, if you dial in 'Slender' and 'Breasts AA Cup', the GV3 body morph is applied once with the slender morph, and a second time with the AA Cup morph, and things go a bit weird. Regards, Richard.
    If you're talking about GenX2 to transfer the character shape to Genesis, then all I can say is that I have failed utterly with every attempt. The converted character looks vaguely reminiscent of the V3 character, but that's the best I can say for it. Regards, Richard.
    Thanks Richard, I've misunderstand, I've understand that has possible load V3 morph, in a Genesis whit V3 morph. Thank you the same.

That's one huge dog. Slightly glow in the dark too. Will avoid the problem of not seeing what's ripping your throat out, I suppose. Nice. Regards, Richard.

Thanks!

Yeah, 3DL doesn't do strand based hair too well.

edited March 6

I don't think I'm going to be done with TriAx GV3 for a while. Just need to deal with some of the less good joint rigging. However, in the meantime.. 

Having been caught by the current in her boat and dragged over a waterfall, Vicky needed a way out. Upstream, a waterfall impossible to climb, downstream another killer fall. With rains coming and a gorge too narrow for rescue, the best chance of survival was to climb the side of a slippery gorge without rope or backpack. No point in panicking, just climb. Take time to plant every foot, look and feel for each handhold. Must be careful, be cautious, be safe on this dangerous way out.

Joint issues are visible at the glutes and knee. Hair is Goldtassel's Dragonfly hair. Clothing is Fredel's freebie Retro Heroine set recoloured to be less black. Gorge by Andrey Prestriacov, and I forgot the origin of the boat.

Regards,

Richard 

de9c358b8d4989169b3781a26b5706b6_original.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 639K
    edited March 16

Another using some older stuff I have that's been sorely under used:

TriAx GV3 with Jim Burton's Cheongsam for GV3, in the Wisteria tunnel. Been meaning to use this much more than I have. Hair is Linday's Classic Blowout hair.

I've been trying to make the character's hands and fingers rather more slender using yScale=zScale = 90%. However, when I do, the hands actually EXPAND, and contract when I use a scale of 110%, though the fingers expand as well with a scale > 100%. It's somewhat nuts. May have to try to create a 'Slender Hands' morph instead.

Regards,

Richard

TriAx GV3 14 R02.png
    540 x 1080 - 1M

yes

edited April 1

In the last days of the Mad March sales there were come very old V3 face material sets up for sale (https://www.daz3d.com/starlet-face-maps-for-v3 and https://www.daz3d.com/fashion-model-face-maps-for-v3 ). Now, those old sets tend not to look good when the 3DL files are rendered in Iray, so I've gone through the lot and created a number of Iray material settings after simply plugging the textures into the correct surface materials in my Iray base V3 material. One or two of the 512x512px tip images actually came out rather well, as shown below with GV3 & Las Vegas Hair.

American Gothic Makeup:

Eyes Green:

If anyone has the sets in their correct Poser locations & would like a copy of my material settings and .duf.png/.tip.png images only, I'm happy to upload said material settings. I will say V3 has a HUGE number of surface material groups and it's a significant pain in the bottom to untick all the surfaces not being saved for each setting.

Regards,

Richard

American Gothic.tip.png
    512 x 512 - 418K
    Eyes Green.tip.png
    512 x 512 - 422K
    edited April 18

UltraScenery and a lovely sunny day. Definitely right for a Glamorous Victoria 3.

Regards,

Richard

TriAx GV3 17 R01.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M

yes!