Meet the Muses

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I have mine all set up as one scene.  Mine is all still in 3Delight shaders.  My plan was to convert it all to Iray shaders at some point like @TabascoJack is doing, but I always seem to have way too many projects going on to get started with that.  I've used one or two rooms in a couple of renders in 3Delight when I first started collecting them.

Cool - having it all set up as one big house sounds really cool - and then you could just pop into any room you want to make renders. It might make it difficult to possition cameras though... I don't know if my computer could handle it but it would be fun to try. lol :)

• I have mine set up as multiple sub-scenes.  I can add them all in to get the whole house, but to be honest, I don't often need all the extra geometry loading down my GPU's video memory.  If I'm doing an external scene, then I'll bring (most) everything in.

One thing to be aware of - the set covers a large area, and I think Iray still has a problem with glitching if the camera is too far away from the world origin. If you get weird shadows on hair and eyebrows, this might be the cause. The solution is to get everything placed, create a new group, put everything into that group and then translate the group so that your camera is close (within 500 units, I think) of the world origin.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

The way I have mine set up is a little complicated, but it works well and doesn't load in the whole thing as viewable.  When I set it up, I loaded up one room set without furniture because I usually like changing that type of stuff.  I then select everything in that room set and create a group with the name being what room it is.  Then, I loaded the next room set and created a group for that room and on.  This way I can turn on or off each room and get all of the parts that go with that room, just as if it were a subset.  When I saved the file, I only have one room showing.  So, all of the rooms are there, but the geometry and all of the assets for only one room is viewable unless I turn on the little eyeball for the other groups.  It's just a time saver so I don't have to merge in other subsets.  @TabascoJack's way works fine, too.  In fact, that's how I had things set up to start, but I got tired of merging in al of those sets.  When I learned about creating groups, I set everything up that way and I really like the convenience.

I've never created a "group" before. I'm not sure how to do it but I should look into it. It sounds like it can be pretty helpful when dealing with big sets or a lot of objects in a scene.

I've never created a "group" before. I'm not sure how to do it but I should look into it. It sounds like it can be pretty helpful when dealing with big sets or a lot of objects in a scene.

It's super easy and simple!  In the Scene Tab, highlight all of the props, figures, lights, whatever that you want to be in the group.  If they aren't grouped together in your Scene Tab, you can hold down the Ctrl key while clicking with the mouse to chose what is going in the group.  When you have everything you want in your group selected, go to menu and select Create>New Group.  In the pop-up, type the name you want your group to be called.  Hint: You have to name it something unique and not by a name of something in the group.  So, if you have a figure called Divamakeup with all of her hair, clothes and accessories in the group, you can't call your Group 'Divamakeup'.  If you use the City Limits workspace, the icon that looks like an empty circle with dashed lines is the Create New Group icon.  I rarely use the icons, but I like knowing they are there if I want to use them.

edited August 2016

It's super easy and simple!  In the Scene Tab, highlight all of the props, figures, lights, whatever that you want to be in the group.  If they aren't grouped together in your Scene Tab, you can hold down the Ctrl key while clicking with the mouse to chose what is going in the group.  When you have everything you want in your group selected, go to menu and select Create>New Group.  In the pop-up, type the name you want your group to be called.  Hint: You have to name it something unique and not by a name of something in the group.  So, if you have a figure called Divamakeup with all of her hair, clothes and accessories in the group, you can't call your Group 'Divamakeup'.  If you use the City Limits workspace, the icon that looks like an empty circle with dashed lines is the Create New Group icon.  I rarely use the icons, but I like knowing they are there if I want to use them.

That does sound easy (and helpful)! Thank you, Knittingmommy! :D I think this is going to be a big help with large/busy scenes.

Post edited by 3Diva on

That does sound easy (and helpful)! Thank you, Knittingmommy! :D I think this is going to be a big help with large/busy scenes.

Where this is really useful is with light sets.  Most light sets load in at 0,0,0 in your scene.  Most of my characters never end up there in the final render.  So, when you have the light set you want to use loaded, select all of the lights in the pack and group them together.  Light sets usually have a cross hair that is used for placement or where it expects your figure to be.  When you group your lights together, you can use that cross hair to move all of the lights at the same time to your figure and still keep the whole configuration that the vendor intended for the light set.  Grouping makes it convenient to change where the lights will have their effect.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited August 2016

I'd have to say my biggest muse is my character, Tommie. She's so much fun to work with. 

Post edited by Chohole on

She's cute!  She looks like such a unique character with a big personality!

• Cute!

Where this is really useful is with light sets.  Most light sets load in at 0,0,0 in your scene.  Most of my characters never end up there in the final render.  So, when you have the light set you want to use loaded, select all of the lights in the pack and group them together.  Light sets usually have a cross hair that is used for placement or where it expects your figure to be.  When you group your lights together, you can use that cross hair to move all of the lights at the same time to your figure and still keep the whole configuration that the vendor intended for the light set.  Grouping makes it convenient to change where the lights will have their effect.

Ohhh NICE! That's really going to be helpful - I often have trouble getting the lights to where my characters are. I usually end up having to drag my characters and props around to the where the lights are or end up saying "screw it" and delete the lights and just end up using the HDR. lol THIS is much better though - being able to move all the lights together is going to be great! Thank you, Knittingmommy! 

edited August 2016

Cute fat fairy - she's been gracing a lot of my renders lately. I love her chubby wrinkly knees. lol I was able to enchance her cuteness once I got Star 2.0 though - totally worth a buy if you like "toon" characters. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923

Fun topic! Very beautiful renders in here! :)

Have to admit, I am very lazy when it comes to character creation. Here is just basic Victoria 5.

And there is basic Victoria 6.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576
    edited August 2016

Cute fat fairy - she's been gracing a lot of my renders lately. I love her chubby wrinkly knees. lol I was able to enchance her cuteness once I got Star 2.0 though - totally worth a buy if you like "toon" characters. :)

Awesome! She crack your top 3?

- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on
    MN-150374 said:

Fun topic! Very beautiful renders in here! :)

Have to admit, I am very lazy when it comes to character creation. Here is just basic Victoria 5.

And there is basic Victoria 6.

Head shot looks really good, MN-150374 - extremely photorealistic!

- Greg

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited August 2016

Then I was playing around again with the free morphs I got from MJC on shareCG and this is where Ann-Marie Older Siter 45 came out!!!

Ann Marie Older Sister 45.png
    800 x 1294 - 526K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
    edited August 2016

I made a scene with my last muse!! She just needed somewhere to go so I put Tayna and Tommy in a si-fi elevator having a bit of an arguement!

Tayna and TommyArguing again.png
    1500 x 927 - 2M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

I got it from shareCG I do belive, it is called Chaos Hair-Gen2

edited August 2016

- Greg

Yeah, she's kind replaced Toon Girl Diva for a while - at least until I can get Diva somehow transferred to G3F. I think it's going to require like THREE GenX products (about $60 if I remember correctly) and that's WAY over my budget. Hopefully with the PA sales coming up they'll come down. I don't buy anything these days unless it's like at least 65% off - with the exception of one thing, which was Star 2.0. She's the only thing I've bought from Daz that I've paid full price for (well unless you count the introductory discount). I never bought anything so fast in my life. lol I bought the Original STAR! when she was on sale months ago (it was my first 3D purchase) and when I heard she was coming to G3F I was SO EXCITED. It was the fasted thing I ever bought and the "least discounted" thing I ever bought. lol 

But yeah, this fat little elf girl has dethroned Diva until I can get her moved to G3. Or until I miss her too much and start rendering her again (which is likely to happen because I do miss rendering her). :)

I may try to recreate her shape using Star 2.0's shape to help me (now that I have a toon character for G3F). It might require a lot more morphs than I have though. I'd like to see how close I can get. It might be the kick in the pants I need to get me to learn how to use Blender. lol

Post edited by 3Diva on

- Greg

Yeah, she's kind replaced Toon Girl Diva for a while - at least until I can get Diva somehow transferred to G3F. I think it's going to require like THREE GenX products (about $60 if I remember correctly) and that's WAY over my budget. Hopefully with the PA sales coming up they'll come down. I don't buy anything these days unless it's like at least 65% off - with the exception of one thing, which was Star 2.0. She's the only thing I've bought from Daz that I've paid full price for (well unless you count the introductory discount). I never bought anything so fast in my life. lol I bought the Original STAR! when she was on sale months ago (it was my first 3D purchase) and when I heard she was coming to G3F I was SO EXCITED. It was the fasted thing I ever bought and the "least discounted" thing I ever bought. lol 

But yeah, this fat little elf girl has dethroned Diva until I can get her moved to G3. Or until I miss her too much and start rendering her again (which is likely to happen because I do miss rendering her). :)

I may try to recreate her shape using Star 2.0's shape to help me (now that I have a toon character for G3F). It might require a lot more morphs than I have though. I'd like to see how close I can get. It might be the kick in the pants I need to get me to learn how to use Blender. lol

Sounds like a good excuse to get into some modelling!

- Greg

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

These are really interesting and good.

• Just to bump up this thread I am posting my newest Muse!!

I like to call her Barb Wired Warrior

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited November 2016

These 2 have become my 2 favorites to use in renders,  they're both G3F with morph dials.

What I Like the most about using these 2, they work great with the Youth morph dials, so I can dial them down to Young teens and back up to Young adults (as seen here)

Fab Gurls 003.jpg
    1700 x 1700 - 1M
    Post edited by XaatXuun on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,796
    XaatXuun said:

These 2 have become my 2 favorites to use in renders,  they're both G3F with morph dials.

What I Like the most about using these 2, they work great with the Youth morph dials, so I can dial them down to Young teens and back up to Young adults (as seen here)

Nice! they look like real interesting women, I like what you did with their faces!

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074
    edited November 2016

Great renders here!  Thank you, Sonja- I do appreciate that you like Aylin so much. :)

Want to know my Muse?  The one that started all of this?  From writing that started about 15 years ago- Mikhail.  He's been the muse on making characters; I couldn't find anything that suited him, or what I saw as him, in my mind so I started to learn how to work on textures and shaders in Studio, then Poser, and he finally was realized.  The render is Poser 10, I believe.  Can't remember.  He's also M4.  The Goblet was made in Carrara.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

Great renders here!  Thank you, Sonja- I do appreciate that you like Aylin so much. :)

Want to know my Muse?  The one that started all of this?  From writing that started about 15 years ago- Mikhail.  He's been the muse on making characters; I couldn't find anything that suited him, or what I saw as him, in my mind so I started to learn how to work on textures and shaders in Studio, then Poser, and he finally was realized.  The render is Poser 10, I believe.  Can't remember.  He's also M4.  The Goblet was made in Carrara.

A very cool muse! Iove his face - He's creepy, but sexy at the same time. It's hard to believe he's M4 - he looks good.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited January 2017

That's a bunch of interesting and cool muses :)

I always go around yelling my muse is a pony. A real mare at that. She can't be made to cooperate, she has to be persuaded. So although I didn't use this morph and.. unusual colour combination in a lot of renders Teh (yes, teh) Pony deserves a spot here:

Then there's a few who often demand my attention and are happy to pose for pretty much everything. One of them is Calion, an elf and bard/rockstar who appears in both fantasy settings and more modern scenes, because of the story I am co-writing with my friend. Dialled with various morphs, using Darc's skin, I believe:

It would probably make most sense to add the other character that insists on having his picture taken whenever I open Daz to test something (the rogue named Dimi), but I won't because my beloved Moody Ranger, Jerutha, deserves a spot here. True, most pictures with him end up as exercizes in brows and greens, but that's because he's a stealthy one. He has a special place, both story-wise and as a 3D character. My first heavily adapted skin (and I had hardly any idea what I was doing - it shows), custom made eyes and an eternal struggle to find a hair model that suits his original description. I should updat him to G2M (or G3M, but my ancient computer needs an upgrade before I upgrade DS beyond 4.6), but.. I just can't. Even though there's a lot wrong with his model, I do love him (even in this very old rather rough render):

TehPony - Growling 8 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 258K
    Cal Stop 7 small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 184K
    Bring it 9 different angle.jpg
    1159 x 1500 - 348K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow he looks great! Did you use the spline modeller for that goblet?  I watched a tutorial on making one use the spline modeller in Carrara.  Its on my list of things to do lol.

And Aylin is still my favorite character lol, she will be one of the main characters in my world building project.  Which at the rate I am going will take years....

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    mori_mann said:

That's a bunch of interesting and cool muses :)

I always go around yelling my muse is a pony. A real mare at that. She can't be made to cooperate, she has to be persuaded. So although I didn't use this morph and.. unusual colour combination in a lot of renders Teh (yes, teh) Pony deserves a spot here:

Then there's a few who often demand my attention and are happy to pose for pretty much everything. One of them is Calion, an elf and bard/rockstar who appears in both fantasy settings and more modern scenes, because of the story I am co-writing with my friend. Dialled with various morphs, using Darc's skin, I believe:

It would probably make most sense to add the other character that insists on having his picture taken whenever I open Daz to test something (the rogue named Dimi), but I won't because my beloved Moody Ranger, Jerutha, deserves a spot here. True, most pictures with him end up as exercizes in brows and greens, but that's because he's a stealthy one. He has a special place, both story-wise and as a 3D character. My first heavily adapted skin (and I had hardly any idea what I was doing - it shows), custom made eyes and an eternal struggle to find a hair model that suits his original description. I should updat him to G2M (or G3M, but my ancient computer needs an upgrade before I upgrade DS beyond 4.6), but.. I just can't. Even though there's a lot wrong with his model, I do love him (even in this very old rather rough render):

Love the pony!  GREAT expression on her face (his?).  And some characters are perfect because of their imperfections.

Its so fun to see everyone's favorites

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650
    edited January 2017

Very nice renders here, it's always interesting to see what inspires people. :)

My muse would have to be the first character I ever made up as a kid, and he's the reason I got into 3d modeling, since I wasn't happy with my attempts at drawing him by hand. I give you the most current and one I am most happy with of my OC Laurent St. Windsor. He started out M4, then evolved to G2M, and when I finally got G3M and Michael 7 he became the person I always imagined.

I've recently started working with Leo7 and I honestly adore him as well, he's just so darned interesting looking. And his skin is just gorgeous

Bu as much as I like playing with morph sliders and trying out different looks on human figures, I know my stongest area is environments, props, or architectual scenes. So, this is one of the very first things I ever made in Blender, a 50 cal bullet, instanced in DAZ and rendered in Iray.

And a bit of fanart, sort of. I really enjoyed the Vampire Chronicles series by Anne Rice, so I decided to take a stab at making Louis' and Lestat's bedrooms, or at least my versions of them. The rooms, beds and ceiling lights I made in Blender and then accesorized with various other props in my DAZ collection.

Laurent Beach portrait.jpg
    2100 x 3398 - 798K
    Leo7.jpg
    2000 x 3236 - 1M
    Louis' Bedroom sm.jpg
    2100 x 1181 - 3M
    Lestat's Bedroom sm.jpg
    2100 x 1181 - 3M
    50cal promo.jpg
    1977 x 1112 - 619K
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on