Meet the Muses

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

So, I thought I would finally sit down and show my muses.  Sort of.  The first is my guy Cole.  I created him using Leo 7 as the base when the It's Raining Men Contest happened.  I liked him so much that I've been constantly making slight improvements to him.  I've modded his skin a little which started with the base Leo 7 skin.  I've made some surface adjustments and added some freckles with Extreme Closeup: Freckles for G3M by ForbiddenWhispers.  He is still evolving and I'm seriously thinking of giving him his own book after I finish the one I'm currently working on.  I can totally see him on the cover.  Here are a few of the renders I've done with him including the original two that I posted in the It's Raining Men Contest.

And, my latest one which I just put up in my gallery today.

My other muse isn't human.  I love posing animals and I love AM's Wolf 2.  I got so excited using him that I started working on a whole pack of poses for it.  I have most of them finished.  I still have to get busy and make some renders using them.  I have a few people lined up to test them, too, when I'm ready.  I still have to figure out all of the packaging them up stuff.  Hopefully, I'll get that all figured out very soon.  Here are 2 of the renders that I've done with the poses I made for the New User's Contest the month posing was the theme which will be in the pose pack.

While I really enjoy making my own characters and I have a lot of characters I love which I've purchased from vendors, I do have a favorite female character by a vendor.  FW Ashley by Fred Wrinkler Art is probably the one girl I've rendered the most.  There is just something about her that I really love.  Here are a couple of the renders I've done featuring her that made it into my gallery.

Different skin and without any of Teen Josie 6 for a slightly older version, but still 100% FW Ashley head and nothing else.

Last, but not least is my avatar.  She inspires me every day when I log into the forums.  I needed an avatar and I wanted her to be really special.  I had the really great idea of seeing what Sadie for Genesis would look like with a Jaguar skins from Cat World.  So, I played around with the morph sliders for her face and there she was.  I think she turned out adorably cute.  I did her in 3Delight when I was first learning how to use the software and she was my best render up to that time.  I've been seriously thinking of updating her now that I know how to use the software better.  I'd also love to see what she looks like in LAMH in Iray.

That's is for my muses.  Well, I have a new love in my newly minted Keoki character, but he isn't really at muse status yet.  Soon, though, because I know I'll be a lot of renders featuring him.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    lulamfada said:

This is one of the first figures I ever created.  She just turned out the way I wanted and is my favorite.

Wow! She's beautiful! What a lovely character, nicely done!

One of my favorites from Darwins Mishaps Aylin for G3F

Ohhhhh Great character, Sonja!! I love that unearthly beauty and pale skin - she looks mystical and enchanting. Goregeous muse! :)

@Knittingmommy Oh wow, I love the render of Cole on the bike - stunning image! He's a hottie too! heheh :D

I'm digging the wolf poses - looks very realistic. I think for a lot of people posing animals can be a challenge, but it looks like you're a natural at it! I'm looking forward to seeing your other wolf poses. FW Ashley looks adorable - makes me wish I had Teen Josie so I could get Ashley too. :)  Your kitty cat character is adorable as well! It's a very unique looking character and quite cute! :D 

You know I'm a fan of Keoki - so I'm cheering for him and hoping he eventually makes muse status for you. :D I'd love to see more of him. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Nice, I need to buy some environments for DAZ Studio I think. 

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Always loved your wolves - all of your work and attention to detail really shows, Knittingmommy. I've often wanted to see a larger version of your avatar, too. An updated version done in Iray and with hair is an excellent idea! Maybe even an NPR version?

- Greg

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited August 2016

Wow I am sure glad I stopped by this thread some stunning muses going on here!!!!

Here is my first muse I made when I first got the Raw Dwarf Morphs I am rather proud of it I know it needs much more tweaking for er skin and such but it is still a WIP :D

1St Draft of new Dwarf Morphs.png
    800 x 1294 - 332K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

Wow I am sure glad I stopped by this thread some stunning muses going on here!!!!

Here is my first muse I made when I first got the Raw Dwarf Morphs I am rather proud of it I know it needs much more tweaking for er skin and such but it is still a WIP :D

Oh cool, what a unique character! She's cute! Dwarves are awesome! 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

My second and third muses are still in progress will be posting them soon I hope. I am creating charactors for the newbie challenge so will post them once they get into the entery stage.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Nice, I need to buy some environments for DAZ Studio I think. 

This was kit bashed if  I recall correctly.  I used DNA's alien plants for the foliage, rocks n drops (one of the large bases that come in that pack) and the water is possibly from the xt world base or it might be any of a number of random water planes from an environment.

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    edited August 2016

Here's one of my 2 muses.....

Necklace, pendant, ring, ankle bracelet modeled in blender., rendered in iray, postworked in Photoshop

Beka - Amused

Beka-MusePS.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 1M
    Post edited by TabascoJack on

Wow She's lovely! I love that you can see her shoes in the background like she just kicked them off. Great touch.

And you MADE all her jewelry? For real? Do you have a link to a tutorial on how to do that?

• Wow She's lovely! I love that you can see her shoes in the background like she just kicked them off. Great touch.

And you MADE all her jewelry? For real? Do you have a link to a tutorial on how to do that?

It doesn't have pictures, and it assumes some knowledge of blender, but you can look at http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1389866/#Comment_1389866

Wow She's lovely! I love that you can see her shoes in the background like she just kicked them off. Great touch.

It doesn't have pictures, and it assumes some knowledge of blender, but you can look at http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1389866/#Comment_1389866

Thank you, Jack! :D I'm pretty new to Blender so it might be above my head, but I'll check it out and see how far it can take me. :)

• Great workyes

Gorgeous TabascoJack!

edited August 2016

I had to show Aylin one more time I am so pleased with how this turned out. I really really just love this character.

Queen Almalikat 2.png
    1094 x 1770 - 3M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

I had to show Aylin one more time I am so pleased with how this turned out. I really really just love this character.

Wow! Just ..wow! I have no words! She's such a cool and unique character! 

While the other render of her is good, I think this one really shows off her uniqueness. Stunning work! 

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,796
    edited August 2016

I finally get to post my muses here, somhow I got sidetracked each time I was looking for the render I wanted to post here. I like seeing what floats your boat, there are so interesting types!

so this guys is one of my main muses, he made an appearance in quite some renders by now and developed into something of a time traveler by that. He is based on g2m dialed in on head and body morphs, got a Phillip skin which I tampered around with, by that time it was more like poking with a stick in a dark hole than knowing what I do.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/67/4138262d29f46d6d2dd777ad1fb273.jpg

and this Lady follows closely next again self dialed from g2f and for her I had the skin builder Pro which helped a lot but made render times so much longer...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/35/ef397356ba473827cd2a7918c7d7f9.jpg

from the new generation I still want to make this girl make it into a finished render, but there keep sideprojects coming up. But then I guess I'm a character junky anyway, I love making new ones and end up giving them not enough screen time...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/a7/d60825a97718aa4e06d79297610a90.png

the-traveler.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 697K
    the-pawns-secret.jpg
    1127 x 1826 - 2M
    nin1.png
    707 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
    edited August 2016

Cool characters, Linwelly! I particularly like the first one - he's awesome! I love that you aged him a tad with the eye wrinkles. Great eyes - they look like kind eyes. I really like that your characters all have dark-ish skin tones. We don't get to see enough darker skinned characters. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,796

Cool characters, Linwelly! I particularly like the first one - he's awesome! I love that you aged him a tad with the eye wrinkles. Great eyes - they look like kind eyes. I really like that your characters all have dark-ish skin tones. We don't get to see enough darker skinned characters. :)

Thank you so much Diva, I never noticed myself befor but you are right, I prefer to make them a tad darker. I tend to make them shorter than the usual DAZ size as well.

• I had to show Aylin one more time I am so pleased with how this turned out. I really really just love this character.

Beautiful, Sonja!

Love them Linwelly they all have a lot of character!  I really like the top one, he has a great face!  I too like the darker skin tones as well.

Thank you Diva and Tabasco Jack, a lot of the credit goes to DarwinsMishaps for the base character, I just tweaked things a tiny bit

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    edited August 2016

Finally got me other muse rendered....

Kayla 

Necklace and Earrings in blender.  Rendered in Iray, Postwork in Photoshop

Click the attachment for full size version

Kayla-MusePS.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 664K
    Post edited by TabascoJack on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Kayla 

Wow...she's a beauty.  Very striking.

Kayla 

She's gorgeous Jack! Wow! I think I like her even more than Beka - which is saying a lot. :D

What environment is that? 

Yep, she's gorgeous, Jack!  

@divamakeup  That's part of the whole Dream Home series from a few years back, before my time.  Each room is a separate product and when you put them all together if becomes this huge mansion.  It's a great set and there are a large number of pieces that go with it.  You can use each room as it's own set, too.  They are all PC+ items, too.  I collected them all during the PC+ sales so it is possible that some of them will go on sale, if not all of them, for the big sale coming up.  Each year, people request that a bundle deal be made with them.  I don't know why that hasn't been done.  I'm not sure what the exact count is, but there are a lot of pieces between the rooms and the furniture sets as well as the optional texture options.  You might be able to get some of the really cheap during the PC+ sale coming up soon.

• Thanks, everyone, for the compliments!

@divamakeup  That's part of the whole Dream Home series from a few years back, before my time.  Each room is a separate product and when you put them all together if becomes this huge mansion.  It's a great set and there are a large number of pieces that go with it.  You can use each room as it's own set, too.  They are all PC+ items, too.  I collected them all during the PC+ sales so it is possible that some of them will go on sale, if not all of them, for the big sale coming up.  Each year, people request that a bundle deal be made with them.  I don't know why that hasn't been done.  I'm not sure what the exact count is, but there are a lot of pieces between the rooms and the furniture sets as well as the optional texture options.  You might be able to get some of the really cheap during the PC+ sale coming up soon.

@divamakeup, @Knittingmommy is correct, it's Dream Home, specifically the Kitchen, Great Room, and Main Floor Guest Room, along with Eclectic Decor options for the Kitchen and Great Room, and Furnishings.  

All in all, I have 35 of the items, and there are still a few more Decor ones I never picked up.  They're all 3Delight, so part of the fun(?) is reshading them for Iray.  In addition, a lot of the surfaces just use textures even if there are multiple materials (like the cabinet doors - the geometry has the hardware, but it's just implemented as a texture map).  So I used the Geometry editor to select out the hardware geometry and assign it to a new surface, to which I then applied MEC4D's brass shader.  Same thing with the pillars - I assigned new surfaces and used JGreenlee's Homestyle shaders for the marble.  

I've started a new project to redo the whole house using new shaders.  I'll post updates in my thread.

edited August 2016

Yep, she's gorgeous, Jack!  

I'm going to have to start collecing those - this scene looks incredible! I hope they go crazy cheap during the PC+ sale! heheh :D

Thanks, everyone, for the compliments!

@divamakeup, @Knittingmommy is correct, it's Dream Home, specifically the Kitchen, Great Room, and Main Floor Guest Room, along with Eclectic Decor options for the Kitchen and Great Room, and Furnishings.  

All in all, I have 35 of the items, and there are still a few more Decor ones I never picked up.  They're all 3Delight, so part of the fun(?) is reshading them for Iray.  In addition, a lot of the surfaces just use textures even if there are multiple materials (like the cabinet doors - the geometry has the hardware, but it's just implemented as a texture map).  So I used the Geometry editor to select out the hardware geometry and assign it to a new surface, to which I then applied MEC4D's brass shader.  Same thing with the pillars - I assigned new surfaces and used JGreenlee's Homestyle shaders for the marble.  

I've started a new project to redo the whole house using new shaders.  I'll post updates in my thread.

That sounds awesome! The scene looks SO GOOD! I'm going to have to start obtaining that Dream Home and it's parts. :)

Do you have the whole house set up as one scene or is that way too much for computers to handle? 

Post edited by 3Diva on

I have mine all set up as one scene.  Mine is all still in 3Delight shaders.  My plan was to convert it all to Iray shaders at some point like @TabascoJack is doing, but I always seem to have way too many projects going on to get started with that.  I've used one or two rooms in a couple of renders in 3Delight when I first started collecting them.