Meet the Muses

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Hello fellow artists! I want to meet your muses! :) Let's start a thread to show off your favorite 2 or 3 characters. The renders don't have to be "artsy", in fact, the simplier the better (of course they CAN be artsy if you prefer), I want to see your characters in all their raw glory. Let's see your favorite 2 or 3 characters - maybe even a discription of why they are your favorite (not required of course). These can be a character of your own creation or characters made by someone else that you often use in your renders.

I want to see your favorite characters. Let's meet those muses! 

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Hmmm that's going to be a tough one.  So many to choose from lol.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562
    edited July 2016

OK - I'll bite, Diva!

Designed with somebody from real-life in mind (I've got her stamp of approval on the likeness). She's 5'11" and her legs are actually as long as depicted here - woot! Lots of character morphs involved (including some older V4 genes mixed in with the help of GenX2), as well as some custom sculpting. We game a bit together, and she plays a rogue while I play the winged lizard she's riding:

I've always loved fantasy creatures, and the mythologies that go along with them. Mermaids are high on the list, and I enjoy the hidden/secretive/mystery aspect to them. She is a long-term work in progress, but basically g2f with Josie genes, Lorelei Mertail, and Anemone hands. Custom skin texture.

Vampires are another fantasy creature that fascinate me. Ancient creatures of the night - what's not to like? He may not be a woman, but definitely a source of inspiration. Rawn's Nosferatu straight out of the box - awesome!

- Greg

fff-800.jpg
    800 x 800 - 416K
    Post edited by algovincian on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Thanks for responding, Greg! I always love your NPR renders! Your leggy girl is very cool. I love that mermaid too. And the Nasferatu gives me chills! lol Very cool muses! :D

Ok, so here are my current top three muses. My first one is a character that is very near and dear to me. I made her when I first started doing 3D art (about four months ago - I know sooooo long ago, right? lol :p Yeah, I'm a newbie! lol). When I first started I couldn't afford the Girl (I eventually got The Girl 4, but still would love to have The Girl 7 and Callie). At the time I had no toon characters and couldn't afford to buy any, so I made one. She consist of many hours of work and more morphs than all of my other characters combined! lol But in the end I was pretty happy with her, and pretty proud of her since she's my first original 3D character. 

I call her Toon Girl Diva (or just Diva for short). 

I'm pretty proud of her as I put a lot of work into her shape. :) Sadly I don't use her as much as I'd like, as she's Genesis 1. I would love to get her transfered to Genesis 3, but seams like the products needed to do that are pretty expensive (at least for me). 

My second muse is Rebeca by BestmanPi. I've been obsessed with this character for ages and when BestmanPi released her as a freebie I thought I was dreaming. I've been having SO MUCH FUN with this character and can't stop rendering her. She's AMAZING and I'm very very thankful to BestmanPi for his extreme generousity in sharing her with us! :D

Forgive her crazy outfit, I was just being really really silly with her! lol 

Here she is with some modifications I made to her mats:

More mat mods (I think I might like the original mats more, but I think the mods give slighly more realism to the skin perhaps):

I definitely adore this character and am more than thrilled to have her! Thanks so much BestmanPi! heart

I'm working on some renders to show my third muse. I hope you guys join in! I'd love to see your favorite characters! :D 

The third of my current favorite characters is my girl Valyn. I don't know what it is about her, but something really grabs me about this character. She actually came about by an accident, she originally looked a lot different as I had created her with some freebie characters and freebie morphs - and then when I finally was able to afford to get the G2F morphs bundle from the Daz shop and installed it, it messed her up (as there where hidden morphs in the freebie characters that I had dialed into her that I wasn't aware of). I ended up fixing her body but left her face the way the new morphs had changed it to. And really liked the outcome. :)

Yay for happy accidents! :) 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

She looks good.

Ok, so here are my current top three muses. My first one is a character that is very near and dear to me. I made her when I first started doing 3D art (about four months ago - I know sooooo long ago, right? lol :p Yeah, I'm a newbie! lol). When I first started I couldn't afford the Girl (I eventually got The Girl 4, but still would love to have The Girl 7 and Callie). At the time I had no toon characters and couldn't afford to buy any, so I made one. She consist of many hours of work and more morphs than all of my other characters combined! lol But in the end I was pretty happy with her, and pretty proud of her since she's my first original 3D character. 

I'm pretty proud of her as I put a lot of work into her shape. :) Sadly I don't use her as much as I'd like, as she's Genesis 1. I would love to get her transfered to Genesis 3, but seams like the products needed to do that are pretty expensive (at least for me). 

Excellent likeness to your avatar, assuming that's what you were going for, Diva. Really ambitious for starting out! Twist her eyes a bit, and maybe make them even bigger/wider and I think she's a perfect match! Do you have any sculpting software? Also, have you explored the deformers right in DAZ yet?

Genesis 1 is actually my preferred base. For me, it's a sweet spot between the absolute ton of V4/M4 content and g2f/g2m. Easy application of all the maps, morphs (through the use of GenX2), and poses. The gender neutrality makes it more flexible, especially for beasties and other creatures. And my NPR shaders convert best with old school non-PBR mats. Oh, and of course the fact that the older content is dirt cheap doesn't hurt.

- Greg

My second muse is Rebeca by BestmanPi. I've been obsessed with this character for ages and when BestmanPi released her as a freebie I thought I was dreaming. I've been having SO MUCH FUN with this character and can't stop rendering her. She's AMAZING and I'm very very thankful to BestmanPi for his extreme generousity in sharing her with us! :D

More mat mods (I think I might like the original mats more, but I think the mods give slighly more realism to the skin perhaps):

I definitely adore this character and am more than thrilled to have her! Thanks so much BestmanPi! heart

She is a great character! You got a link? The darker, more detailed skin makes her look super exotic. I dig the contrast with her light eyes.

- Greg

The third of my current favorite characters is my girl Valyn. I don't know what it is about her, but something really grabs me about this character. She actually came about by an accident, she originally looked a lot different as I had created her with some freebie characters and freebie morphs - and then when I finally was able to afford to get the G2F morphs bundle from the Daz shop and installed it, it messed her up (as there where hidden morphs in the freebie characters that I had dialed into her that I wasn't aware of). I ended up fixing her body but left her face the way the new morphs had changed it to. And really liked the outcome. :)

Yay for happy accidents! :) 

Hooray for monster curves, and for pale skinned freckled girls!

- Greg

edited July 2016

Excellent likeness to your avatar, assuming that's what you were going for, Diva. Really ambitious for starting out! Twist her eyes a bit, and maybe make them even bigger/wider and I think she's a perfect match! Do you have any sculpting software? Also, have you explored the deformers right in DAZ yet?

Genesis 1 is actually my preferred base. For me, it's a sweet spot between the absolute ton of V4/M4 content and g2f/g2m. Easy application of all the maps, morphs (through the use of GenX2), and poses. The gender neutrality makes it more flexible, especially for beasties and other creatures. And my NPR shaders convert best with old school non-PBR mats. Oh, and of course the fact that the older content is dirt cheap doesn't hurt.

- Greg

hahah Great eye! Yep, that drawing is based on that character (or rather what I wish I could get that character to look like). I can't get her to exactly how I want her, but I think I got her as close as I can get in Daz Studio. As for sculpting software I have Scupltris (which I kind of sort of know how to use lol) and Blender (which I don't know how to use At All - not for lack of trying though). I've not been able to figure out how to use deformers, though I watched a couple of tutorials. I couldn't really figure it out. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited July 2016

She is a great character! You got a link? The darker, more detailed skin makes her look super exotic. I dig the contrast with her light eyes.

- Greg

Sure! Here's the link to her shape: http://www.sharecg.com/v/85539/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Rebeca-R3.09

And the link to her shader: http://www.sharecg.com/v/83595/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Rebeca-shaders

You have to have Victoria 7's mats to make her look right. Though if you don't have V7 I supose you could use any other G3 mats on her, it just wouldn't look quite the same. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I have to agree with that! Especially since I often do "spur of the moment" renders where I've just seen something that has inspired me. But if someone qualifies as a muse for me, it's definitely EJ Atsuko, as I've used her more than any other "model". I actually made a render with Atsuko just the other day.

Two of my older renders with her:

That second one is showing her alternative "Yurei" skin, which I think I've only used twice. Although that particular render became rather popular in the gallery.

Another lady that I probably could count as a muse, as I've used her in several projects (of which only a few have resulted in renders so far) is this one:

I haven't actually given her a name. She's based on Amandla for Teen Josie 7, with various morphs used and the skin from Amisi.

Lastly, it wouldn't be fair of me speaking of muses if I didn't mention these guys!

The Mini Bots are always useful putting into renders, causing trouble! laugh

That'd be my top three. I better stop there or I could go on for a while...

isidorn said:

I have to agree with that! Especially since I often do "spur of the moment" renders where I've just seen something that has inspired me. But if someone qualifies as a muse for me, it's definitely EJ Atsuko, as I've used her more than any other "model". I actually made a render with Atsuko just the other day.

Oh I really like that killer bride image! I can see why it got so popular! Beautiful work! Atsuko is a lovely muse too! :D

isidorn said:

Another lady that I probably could count as a muse, as I've used her in several projects (of which only a few have resulted in renders so far) is this one:

I haven't actually given her a name. She's based on Amandla for Teen Josie 7, with various morphs used and the skin from Amisi.

Hahah Great render and adorable character! I love bad azz female characters - particularly cute ones that you don't see coming. lol Maybe it's from growing up watching Buffy. :P Very cool! I Hope you name her! Since she's a mix between Amandla and Amisi perhaps Amanisi? Or Amila? Just a thought. lol :D

isidorn said:

Lastly, it wouldn't be fair of me speaking of muses if I didn't mention these guys!

Dawwww! So cute! I can see why they would be considered muses! I didn't know those little guys existed, thank you for introducing them to us! I just added them to my wish list! :D

isidorn said:

Two of my older renders with her:

That second one is showing her alternative "Yurei" skin, which I think I've only used twice. Although that particular render became rather popular in the gallery.

Great characters (and renders) isidorn! Cute how she thinks she's hiding the blade lol. What hair is that on the second girl?

- Greg 

I'm glad you liked my muses (and renders), divamakeup and algovincian!

As for the hair (on my nameless muse, right?) it's Octavia Hair . I can definitely recommend it.

edited July 2016

When you posed the question, Diva, I simply went through the index on my thread and picked my 3 favs. Like an idiot, I didn't include my main muse because she's not in that thread lol. /facepalm

This scene was done a long time ago, and was one of the first projects I ever worked on in DAZ. I remember spending quite a bit of time on her, and I learned a ton in the process. She definitely embodies the motivation and inspiration behind my NPR work.

Anyway, here she is freshly rendered with the current algos this morning:

- Greg

800.png
    800 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by algovincian on

When you posed the question, Diva, I simply went through the index on my thread and picked my 3 favs. Like an idiot, I didn't include my main muse because she's not in that thread lol. /facepalm

This scene was done a long time ago, and was one of the first projects I ever worked on in DAZ. I remember spending quite a bit of time on her, and I learned a ton in the process. She definitely embodies the motivation and inspiration behind my NPR work.

Anyway, here she is freshly rendered with the current algos this morning:

- Greg

I have often admired your avatar and it's nod to the great Da Vinci. It's cool too see it so large. I hadn't noticed the skeletal/robotic pieces before. Reading the description is great too - seams to be exactly what you're aiming for with your art program. :)

Is the character the leggy one or is it a totally different figure? 

I have often admired your avatar and it's nod to the great Da Vinci. It's cool too see it so large. I hadn't noticed the skeletal/robotic pieces before. Reading the description is great too - seams to be exactly what you're aiming for with your art program. :)

Totally different character (though it may be a sign that I need to branch out a bit lol). I didn't have much content back then, and IIRC, she's based largely on Victoria 5 Supermodel. I kit bashed the cybernetic parts from DzFire's awesome Cyborg:

http://www.daz3d.com/cyborg-version-4

It was great fun separating/resizing/positioning all the parts, and then parenting them to her bones, creating JCMs, etc. I think the cyborg was actually the first content I ever bought (paid full price for it lol). I thought it was so incredible, and I just had to have it in order to work on this project. Highly recommended and worth every penny. This was on my first (short-lived) DAZ account before I adopted "Algovincian".

- Greg

edited July 2016

Totally different character (though it may be a sign that I need to branch out a bit lol). I didn't have much content back then, and IIRC, she's based largely on Victoria 5 Supermodel. I kit bashed the cybernetic parts from DzFire's awesome Cyborg:

http://www.daz3d.com/cyborg-version-4

It was great fun separating/resizing/positioning all the parts, and then parenting them to her bones, creating JCMs, etc. I think the cyborg was actually the first content I ever bought (paid full price for it lol). I thought it was so incredible, and I just had to have it in order to work on this project. Highly recommended and worth every penny. This was on my first (short-lived) DAZ account before I adopted "Algovincian".

- Greg

Ohhhh Cool! I hadn't seen the cyborg thing before, that looks really cool. I wonder how they did that!? It looks like it would have taken a ton of work to get the mesh to be compatible with such extreme shapes! Very Nice! I've added it to my wishlist. :) You did really good with the cyborg parts - I bet that took a lot to get it to be integrated with the "biological" elements of the character. Worth it though, it looks cool!

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

@Algovincian Seeing that at full size brings a whole other level of appreciation for your avatar which I have always loved.  It's a great image.  Seeing the blown up version is very cool!  I didn't recognize those cybernetic parts.  I have that set and I concur, it's a great set to have in your arsenal.  I used it in one of my earlier attempts in 3Delight, but I didn't quite do it justice so it never made it into my gallery.  I may have to dig it out and see how it looks in Iray.  But I'm getting better in 3Delight as well so I might be able to do it justice now there too.

I really need to sit down and narrow down my muses so I can put up a proper post to this thread.

@Divamakeup  I really like your girl Valyn!  She's very cute!  I love her face and she has hips! :)

@Isidorn  I always love seeing that image with the robots!  Always makes me smile.

@Divamakeup  I really like your girl Valyn!  She's very cute!  I love her face and she has hips! :)

Thank you, Knittingmommy! I really enjoy very curvy characters - there are far too few of them IMO.  :D 

I'm looking forward to seeing your muses! 

I have to agree with the everyone else that it's a pleasure seeing a large version of your avatar image algovincian. Great work!

It's also interesting reading about how everyone's characters came to be.

isidorn said:

I have to agree with the everyone else that it's a pleasure seeing a large version of your avatar image algovincian. Great work!

Thanks, isidorn (and everyone else), for your kind comments - they truly are appreciated. And I have to agree with isidorn about how interesting it is to read about everyone's muses. Three cheers for our host who started this thread - thank you, Diva!

Hip, hip . . . hooray!

- Greg

isidorn said:

I'm glad you liked my muses (and renders), divamakeup and algovincian!

As for the hair (on my nameless muse, right?) it's Octavia Hair . I can definitely recommend it.

Yep - that's the one! Thanks.

- Greg

isidorn said:

Thanks, isidorn (and everyone else), for your kind comments - they truly are appreciated. And I have to agree with isidorn about how interesting it is to read about everyone's muses. Three cheers for our host who started this thread - thank you, Diva!

Hip, hip . . . hooray!

- Greg

hahah You just put a major grin on my face! I can't stop smiling now. lol Thank you, Greg. 

I look forward to seeing more muses. I hope it grows! I find it really cool to see what characters inspire people.

• lulamfadalulamfada Posts: 69
    edited August 2016

This is one of the first figures I ever created.  She just turned out the way I wanted and is my favorite.

Favorite.jpg
    1333 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by lulamfada on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    lulamfada said:

This is one of the first figures I ever created.  She just turned out the way I wanted and is my favorite.

very nice

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited August 2016

One of my favorites from Darwins Mishaps Aylin for G3F

A Quiet Place to Be.png
    1024 x 819 - 1M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on